Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,396 members, 7,812,161 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

IrokoTV - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / IrokoTV (20281 Views)

Netflix Vs Irokotv Vs Nollywood / Do You Watch Irokotv Or You Use Dvd Or Renter Shop? / Any Recommendation For Free African Films On Youtube Or Irokotv? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IrokoTV by linearity: 7:05am On Mar 30, 2012
My people I tire for una o! person take dem time upload movies go internet, come say make una watch am for free; una dey complain....

Agreed, eventually it might become a paid membership site....so what? They are offering a service and paying for licenses, just like any business entity...at some point they hope that the venture would stand on its own and start sustaining itself. At that point, if you no wan join, no bi by force...but for now..go enjoy FREE movies...

Netflix, blockbuster, etc all stated with either free or low membership services...as they improve their delivery and services, they them increase their prices....

At lease we should be happy that, some is undertaking to publish 9ja movies all over the world...(good or bad...these movies are products of Nigeria). This is the only site that is sorely dedicated to nigerian/African movies among the other alternatives you guys have mentioned...so they are towing the line of netflix, etc...very soon the quality will follow...
Re: IrokoTV by occam(m): 8:40pm On Mar 30, 2012
Re: IrokoTV by Naijamann(m): 10:46am On Mar 31, 2012
Freesia: They have a new site? what better place to advertise than NL
What I found unethical about the way they were conducting their business a few years ago (I knew them as Nollywoodlove) was the way they went about deceiving and misleading folk on youtube that they were the only ones downloading movies legally and that everybody else was pirating their movies.

They went to a point of changing the titles of some Ghanaian movies to "match some sort" of Nollywood criteria.I don't know what they were on about with that particular move ?!?
While all this was going on I personally had 2 friends who were downloading movies after buying them from the African shops in London and were also greatly accused of pirating their movies.
It's a good thing other websites came up and we are now spoiled for choice on where to watch the movies we "complain" about but gladly watch smiley

IROKO are just greedy set of people, imagine they are claiming ownership of naija music video on youtube as well. They have created official youtube pages for them naija artists all because of google ads money they wanted to make. That's when I began to fukking hate them more and more because ordinary people can't post music on utube no more without being banned! Why claiming copy right ownership on naija music videos The reason why people put these music videos on youtube is for others to watch, appraise or review them without the occasional stupid google ads splashing across the videos. Iroko is not a record label or marketing company...so why banning others for uploading music videos
Re: IrokoTV by Freesia(f): 11:49pm On Mar 31, 2012
Naijamann:

IROKO are just greedy set of people, imagine they are claiming ownership of naija music video on youtube as well. They have created official youtube pages for them naija artists all because of google ads money they wanted to make. That's when I began to fukking hate them more and more because ordinary people can't post music on utube no more without being banned! Why claiming copy right ownership on naija music videos The reason why people put these music videos on youtube is for others to watch, appraise or review them without the occasional stupid google ads splashing across the videos. Iroko is not a record label or marketing company...so why banning others for uploading music videos

They're definitely taking the biscuit!!! I can't watch at least 15 of my favorite songs on my playlist anymore because Iroko is claiming copyright ownership,somebody needs to do something fast.What in the world do they think they are doing
Re: IrokoTV by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 01, 2012
Naijamann:

even the greatest international artists out there dont do that, yet these greedy Iroko people are trying to corner the 9ja music market and make a quick buck out of it. i pity the artists who actually signed with Iroko for this BS.....but since we all know that some of these artist will never turn money down, then we are doomed, and these artists are too, as they are clearly shooting themselves in the foot)!
Re: IrokoTV by ajetunde: 12:16pm On Apr 02, 2012
Lol...You guys are BUNCH of Illiterates, Has anyone seen VEVO? That's strictly business. Why is it your problem that someone else is managing Tuface or Psquare's video on youtube? Stop whining jare, is it your money?

Re: IrokoTV by Chizolum(f): 2:06am On Apr 03, 2012
Please login with facebook and vote for my friend Seun "otala" Alabi right here.. http://www.pepsiidol.com/competition.php?page=4& .. 'Preciate it smileysmiley kiss
Re: IrokoTV by vivagbe: 2:17pm On May 05, 2012
Naijamann, I sure do agree with you. IROKO is very greedy indeed! This guy Jason Njoku who owns the website, until last year was operating Nollywoodlove. He himself said for five years he was just struggling and living from hand to mouth. Now when he had Nollywoodlove he was showing movies but didn't have any licenses. All of a sudden he comes by money that people are using to support his business, and the guy forgets where he started from, and has started suing the other websites that were there long time before him.
How soon people forget. Its a shame, this same guy said he hopes one day when he becomes a big guy, he doesn't forget his past. Obviously, if you are trying to ruin peoples businesses, then you have forgotten the past. I know one thing, GOD DOESN'T LIKE UGLY!!!
Re: IrokoTV by saks(m): 1:18pm On Dec 08, 2014
pls how can one download movies from irokotv. it doesnt work with IDE or other downloaders
Re: IrokoTV by npads: 1:08pm On Dec 09, 2014
saks:
pls how can one download movies from irokotv. it doesnt work with IDE or other downloaders

Try www.naijapals.com/nigerian-movies that site has been around since like forever and still works, wonder how those guys survive
Re: IrokoTV by Chydobe: 1:14am On Oct 08, 2017
Get ready to stream and watch free latest Nigerian movies and African movies on your device online. But, has it ever-crossed your mind that you could even download all these Nollywood awesome movies...without data? is it possible to achieve data free Nollywood movies downloads (and other African movies) Impracticable, right? "download movies without data". Fortunately, this is so true and actualizable. Get ready, we are about to burst your bubble. Introducing the iRokotv app alongside iRokoTV kiosks, Oh Boy!!! you are in for a swell time. In-order not to be left out on this astounding package click on the link below.

http://www.newzified.com/irokotv-kiosk-data-free-nollywood-movies-downloads-%e2%94%82watch-free-african-movies-online-nollywood/

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Week @ Genesis Deluxe Cinema: WHEN IN ROME (Find Below) / Eloswag Evicted From Big Brother Naija House & Moved To Level 3 / BBNaija: Tuoyo Evicted!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.