Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Is It The Bible That Says Virgin Brides Should Wear White? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It The Bible That Says Virgin Brides Should Wear White? (9437 Views)

Read A Church's Regulation On What A Bride & Groom Should Wear For Their Wedding / Where Is It Written In The Bible That Masturbation Is A Sin???? / Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It The Bible That Says Virgin Brides Should Wear White? by tiebe: 5:32am On Mar 27, 2012
I am of the opinion that the colour of dress the bride wears to indicate if she's a virgin is a bit hypocritical. The groom doesnt need to wear anything to show the world that he's not a virgin

Also, Jesus doesnt make us carry a sign everytime we lie or hurt someone or any other sin, so why shld the church insist on cream just to show u'v been down before?

I knw some churches that go to horrible lengths just to prove d bride is a virgin or not. Makes me wonder if pre marital sex is the only sin in the world.

I posted this awhile ago. however, i recently went saw the 'laws of white wedding according to anglican church' in one of their bulletins and it got me riled up again. I saw new things like if the couple are only doing blessing of marriage, the bride will not be allowed to wear a veil, if the bride is pregnant, she cannot wed in the church etc. my view is, if the bride is not pregnant nko but has had sex, you will let her wear a veil and marry in the church? just because she's not carrying proof that she may have had sex doesnt mean she should not wed in the church! i really dont know which part of the bible they get these their rules from!

Moderator, any chance this can get to the home page? I wanna know more people's views on this.
Re: Is It The Bible That Says Virgin Brides Should Wear White? by Callotti: 6:20am On Mar 27, 2012
Since when did women start caring what the Bible states when it comes to marriage?
We have polygamists in churches.
We have babies crowing in church isles.
We have labor rooms in every church building.
We have o-r-gies in front.

THE WOMEN ALL WORE WHITE!!!! grin
Re: Is It The Bible That Says Virgin Brides Should Wear White? by tiebe: 6:41am On Mar 27, 2012
Callotti: Since when did women start caring what the Bible states when it comes to marriage?
We have polygamists in churches.
We have babies crowing in church isles.
We have labor rooms in every church building.
We have o-r-gies in front.

THE WOMEN ALL WORE WHITE!!!! grin

don't really get what u mean.
Re: Is It The Bible That Says Virgin Brides Should Wear White? by Callotti: 9:32am On Mar 27, 2012
ti-ebe:

don't really get what u mean.

What is the significance of wearing white?
VIRGINITY.
Where do you find that in this day and age?
Re: Is It The Bible That Says Virgin Brides Should Wear White? by tiebe: 12:18pm On Mar 27, 2012
all well and good. but is it the churches place to make sure the world knows? its like churches that flog people when those people are caught doing any wrong. is that what Jesus did?
Re: Is It The Bible That Says Virgin Brides Should Wear White? by Goshen360(m): 4:05pm On Mar 27, 2012
It's all false teachings. There is no such in the new testament teachings. Purity is of the heart and holiness is between man and God, not between man and pastor/church. This is all religious, Pharisaical and hypocritical teachings.

1 Like

Re: Is It The Bible That Says Virgin Brides Should Wear White? by tiebe: 5:16pm On Mar 27, 2012
[i][/i]
goshen360: It's all false teachings. There is no such in the new testament teachings. Purity is of the heart and holiness is between man and God, not between man and pastor/church. This is all religious, Pharisaical and hypocritical teachings.

wow! Nicely put! This what i feel as well. But i knw churches that go to extra ordinary lengths to prove a bride is still a virgin. I'v even heard of a pastor's wife asking the bride to submit herself so mrs pastor can stick her hand into d bride to make sure its in tact!
Re: Is It The Bible That Says Virgin Brides Should Wear White? by tiebe: 3:11pm On Jan 09, 2013
er. . . in addition, i just read that brides initially wore blue. . cos at one time, blue was the symbol of purity. however, the tradition of wearing white was begun by Queen victoria in 18-something when she decided to break the mould and wear white for her wedding!
Re: Is It The Bible That Says Virgin Brides Should Wear White? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 09, 2013
U mean this white?
Re: Is It The Bible That Says Virgin Brides Should Wear White? by tpia5: 4:15pm On Jan 09, 2013
ti-ebe:
er. . . in addition, i just read that brides initially wore blue. . cos at one time, blue was the symbol of purity. however, the tradition of wearing white was begun by Queen victoria in 18-something when she decided to break the mould and wear white for her wedding!

thanks for educating the op.

not sure why low IQs tag everything to church these days.

a bride can wear any colour she likes, the poster should go and ask the fashion houses why they insist on white.
Re: Is It The Bible That Says Virgin Brides Should Wear White? by engrtee(f): 9:10pm On Jan 09, 2013
Did bible say pastor should use microphone?did bible say pastor should ask maried couples to kiss the bride?
Is bible in the bible?must everything be in the bible?
Re: Is It The Bible That Says Virgin Brides Should Wear White? by tpia5: 2:36am On Jan 10, 2013
I didnt even notice the poster i quoted is also the op.

Well, at least you corrected yourself and caught your error.

Admitted it, too, most people dont do that.

(1) (Reply)

I Heard Rubbing Crude Oil Chases Away Evil Spirits.. Myth Or Fact? / A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution / MrPresident1, Negroes Fleeing Motherland Like Rats On A Sinking Ship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.