Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Mrs. Etteh’s Resignation—where Is Mr. Etteh? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mrs. Etteh’s Resignation—where Is Mr. Etteh? (859 Views)

Patricia Etteh Decamps From PDP To APC / Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh / Patricia Etteh: New Speaker Of House Of Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mrs. Etteh’s Resignation—where Is Mr. Etteh? by gbengaijot(m): 7:04pm On Oct 31, 2007
Hi everyone. a friend of mine sent this to me today. i found it very interesting and thot that other Nigerians too must read it.

Etteh’s Resignation—Where is Mr. Etteh?
Mr. Commentator

At long last, the nausea and odium that has affected Nigeria for the past few weeks has dissipated. Madam Patricia ‘haidresser’”Etteh, the woman of many firsts has dishonourably resigned. Oh, what a fall from grace.
You need to see her weeping in the picture on the cover of the Guardian the day after the incident.
Why was she weeping? Was it because she loved Nigeria and her fellow countrymen? No. Far from it.
She was crying because she had lost her position as number 4 person in the nation, along with the perks of office. No more security guards running around her, no more perks of office. And to worsen the matter, she spent the whole money on a house, that she now has to vacate for someone else—a house that she spent a whopping N628 million to renovate.
Oyo state workers should have gone in buses to Abuja to protest and maybe live in that house, if only to assuage their hurt feelings. That amount is around a third of their monthly wage bill, for which they went on strike for months.

Earlier on, I said that madam hairdresser was a woman of many firsts. She has an unparalleled record in the history of this country. She was the first female speaker, the first speaker to reign as speaker with a ‘’school shirt certificate’ (Ex-speaker Buhari’s case was about a university degree), the first hairdresser speaker, and the first leader without a spouse to show the public.
However, there is an issue that has bothered me in al this saga. It’s surprising that in all this show of shame this past few months, Mr. Etteh did not show up to support his wife.
All this while, he never bothered to correct his wife or conversely take up her defence publicly.
Ambassador Ahmadu Ali, GCFR (garrison commander of the federal republic) was the one who filled in that role, almost leading me to believe that he was the anonymous Mr. Etteh.
However, my friends reminded me that Mrs Ali, whom the PDP could also not impose on Nigerians like Mrs. Etteh is very much around, and so, this couldn’t be.

I think that the whole crisis should be blamed on mr. etteh, wherever he is. It was due to his absence that the whole crisis took the whole dimension it took.
For instance, if he had been around and actively playing his manly role, madam speaker would not have requested for a massaging machine worth N98million, much more than what a federal university with thousands of staff, academic and non academic gets as monthly salary allocation.

If he had been around, madam speaker would not have needed to stay in a hotel costing half a million per nite.
Some people who never mind their own business would have wished to see mr. etteh along with his wife in public rather than allowing rumour mongers to have a field day. Maybe that would have changed everything since.
Well, it was wise for her to have resigned rather than be impeached.
Her tears after being removed (or having resigned), which were signs of a selfish person rather than a committed Nationalist would have dried up by now.

The same woman who could afford to hold her birthday in the USA and sit next to the president and other VIP’s, now has to love like a normal legislator.
Last week alone, hundreds of Nigerians lost their lives on the lagos-ibadan expressway. It was all over the papers.
Mrs Etteh and her ilk read about it, but were least concerned.
Not one tear was shed for the many families and people affected by this incident. Not even a message of condolence or any show of sympathy in any way.
As far as our useless and selfish leaders are concerned, only those who die in airplanes are worthy of remembrance.

In conclusion, in my view, the winner in this saga is not any group in the National assembly.
Nigerians are the winners in this scenario. Nigerians stood up to speak their minds without fear of the ‘god’in Ota, just like they did on the third term issue.
The press of course made their case and stood by it, just like they did last year.

The Nigerian people are the true winners in this case. No longer will any politician, no matter how highly placed trample on the feelings of Nigerians anyhow and think they can get away with it.
No longer will any public officer loot the treasury, bribe a few people and think it doesn’t matter.
As things stand now, all the reps that were in that meeting where the money was shared should be removed from office, as they were also part of the fraud.
The message is clear to all political office holders—Nigerians have been cheated long enough. The people are now fighting back with one voice.
I strongly believe that as the nation keeps on standing against wrongs such as this, the nation will soon change.

To mrs Etteh, I suggest that her fans and supporters should help her to search for Mr. etteh wherever he is.
At least, it is his duty to comfort her in this her self inflicted trying time, and only him can perform that role.

Mr. Commentator writes on public affairs and political issues. He wrote this piece for www.nigeriansworld.com

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria: A Den Of Robbers? / Girl Power Gone 180 Degrees / A Response To *dakobu Aka ^muda Aka Mohadana Aka Pilas The Ijawgoat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.