Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports (32598 Views)

PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima / Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) / Nigeria Needs President Buhari As Minister Of Defence, Not Petroleum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by bittyend(m): 8:34pm On Mar 28, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Just what's your concern with this thread? I can't -by any stretch of the imagination- call you a friend of Ndigbo or someone interested in Igbo progress. So why don't you fuc/k off?

I'm Nigerian, and SE is part of NIgeria - and since you guys still share from our national wealth - I have a RIGHT to talk about it.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 8:34pm On Mar 28, 2012
bittyend:

The same way Ejine lynched you - and made you fall in love with him, huh? Were you not begging Ejine to meet in a hotel a couple of days ago - so, he can phuck you in your arse? I have got proofs!

why are you here?
what are you afraid of?
be honest for once
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by bittyend(m): 8:35pm On Mar 28, 2012
re@lchange:

i'm sure that is why the OP said that the federal government should not fund it.
he knows there are people like you who would cry like babies
but you are still crying
so what is your problem now?

fashola is building an international airport at lekki
why should anambra for example not do the same?
hypocrite!

The money being used for the international airport at lekki belongs to Yoruba people!
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 28, 2012
bittyend:

I'm Nigerian, and SE is part of NIgeria - and since you guys still share from our national wealth - I have a RIGHT to talk about it.

it is not "your" wealth
it is state or private capital
your forced federalism will work for us for once
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 8:36pm On Mar 28, 2012
bittyend:

The money being used for the international airport at lekki belongs to Yoruba people!

exactly! the money for these airports will come from foreign investors, or igbo states too
so why are you crying?
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by ocelot2006(m): 8:36pm On Mar 28, 2012
Seriously, proponents for the new airports really need to have a rethink. Have you seen the current state of your road networks/death traps? Yet you want to build new airports (international/local)? Haba!! Why not focus on the basics?

-rebuild and upgrade your roads
-Build a modern rail network that will connect your economic hubs to the airports, seaports, economic hubs/zones within or outside the SE region
-upgrade/modernize the existing ports you have

You don't need another damn airport at Onitsha. Utilize the newly built airstrip @ Asaba.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by chino11(m): 8:37pm On Mar 28, 2012
bittyend:

At least there is building in that city built with YORUBA MONEY, that's taller and more expensive than all the buildings in Nigeria - including Biafra land! cool

Keep deceiving yourself. Is it the same building that is now inhabitable, a building which has been taken over by rats and cockroach. A building which has decayed.

You eddiots should be more concerned in providing real bridges for your people instead of this.

Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by bittyend(m): 8:37pm On Mar 28, 2012
re@lchange:

why are you here?
what are you afraid of?
be honest for once

I'm here because I believe in ONE NIGERIA - and how we need to fight the power. Enough of all these elephant projects - we need good roads, millions of low cost houses, electricity, good health care, a thriving economy etc - not elitist projects everywhere. I critique Fashola all the time as well!!
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by ak47mann(m): 8:38pm On Mar 28, 2012
this guy different is clear, are you that stupidd?or you get co-lour blindness look at the buildings surrounding,and check out chinno pixs and tell me you cant see the different this people we know that you population is not up to 500.000 it can e easily swallow up,this is not your level if you come here to challenge Ndi-igbo on infrastructure and all that, we can start from your itsekiri village if you are really from there. don't come here and distract our discussions because you will soon hear am you might lose your appetite for sometime...............
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by bittyend(m): 8:39pm On Mar 28, 2012
chino11:

Keep deceiving yourself. Is it the same building that is now inhabitable, a building which has been taken over by rats and cockroach. A building which has decayed.

You eddiots should be more concerned in providing real bridges for your people instead of this.

Run, Ejine is coming!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 8:40pm On Mar 28, 2012
ocelot2006: Seriously, proponents for the new airports really need to have a rethink. Have you seen the current state of your road networks/death traps? Yet you want to build new airports (international/local)? Haba!! Why not focus on the basics?

-rebuild and upgrade your roads
-B[b]uild a modern rail network [/b]that will connect your economic hubs to the airports, seaports, economic hubs/zones within or outside the SE region
-upgrade/modernize the existing ports you have

You don't need another damn airport at Onitsha. Utilize the newly built [size=14pt]airstrip[/size] @ Asaba.

onitsha does not need an "airstrip".
onitsha, a city of 1 million" needs an international airport
as the op said, it doesn't need a local airport

all the other infrastructure can be built by foreign concessionaires
SE states are not swimming in oil money,but they need to jump-start their economies

2 Likes

Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 28, 2012
bittyend:

I'm here because I believe in ONE NIGERIA - and how we need to fight the power. Enough of all these elephant projects - we need good roads, millions of low cost houses, electricity, good health care, a thriving economy etc - not elitist projects everywhere. I critique Fashola all the time as well!!

no, you are here because you are afraid that SE may revive and igbo people will leave lagos and you will be forced to prove yourselves for once, and all your lies will fall on your heads!
that is why you are here
Yoruba snake
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by chino11(m): 8:42pm On Mar 28, 2012
ak47mann: this guy different is clear, are you that stupidd?or you get co-lour blindness look at the buildings surrounding,and check out chinno pixs and tell me you cant see the different this people we know that you population is not up to 500.000 it can e easily swallow up,this is not your level if you came here to challenge Ndi-igbo on infrastructure and all that, we can start from your itsekiri village if you are really from there. don't come here and distract our discussions because you will soon hear am you might lose your appetite for sometime...............

Even the pictures of Onitsha with the high-rise at the bank of River Niger is like New York when compare to any SW caves city which usually looks like stone and mud age. grin cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by ak47mann(m): 8:44pm On Mar 28, 2012
Is like they cant let us be, so people in SE should remain isolated from the rest of the world because we are one zombbies abi Nigeria undecided this is sickening man cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by ak47mann(m): 8:45pm On Mar 28, 2012
chino11:

Even the pictures of Onitsha with the high-rise at the bank of River Niger is like New York when compare to any SW caves city which usually looks like stone and mud age. grin cool
you dey mind that hungry boy cheesy just here to challenge something greater than him cheesy
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 28, 2012
ak47mann: Is like they cant let us be, so people in SE should remain isolated from the rest of the world because we are one zombbies abi Nigeria undecided this is sickening man cool

it is a wicked plot hatched sometime in early 70s to keep us tied to them and force us to leave our land, go to theirs and be developing them!
very wicked people
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by ak47mann(m): 8:48pm On Mar 28, 2012
re@lchange:

it is a wicked plot hatched sometime in early 70s to keep us tied to them and force us to leave our land, go to theirs and be developing them!
very wicked people
never see these kind of hatred before to GOD!i know they exist but is still there like flies irritating
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by member479760: 9:05pm On Mar 28, 2012
They need it, they are in government now, nothing stop GEJ for doing so right now. if your own son is the president and failed to do it then don't cry tomorrow that Hausa/Yoruba are dragging your development back.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by OneNaira6: 9:05pm On Mar 28, 2012
It is clear as day bittend is trying to turn this into another Igbo vs. Yoruba thread and some of una are falling for it.

Chino, Ak47man, realchange, etc, I'll give you the advice I gave onlytruth which got him to start ignoring derailers and focus his attention somewhere and it goes

You give them the power.
There are time you just let people run around sniffing their butt than address them.

Sometime I don't get some of una! When you are focusing on the development of your region, you discuss with your people, your elder, etc ,the rest are irrelevant. If they will hate, let them hate. If they want to destroy the discussion, you ignore them. Shikena! Is it everything una have to fight over about? Na wa oo!!!

There are times una should stop fighting and focus on the discussion. Don't derail this thread because of one man. Na my own!!!
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 9:15pm On Mar 28, 2012
nakedall: They need it, they are in government now, nothing stop GEJ for doing so right now. if your own son is the president and failed to do it then don't cry tomorrow that Hausa/Yoruba are dragging your development back.

we only need federal government to tag them international airports. we will do the rest
you are right that it is easier under jonathan
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by ACM10: 9:18pm On Mar 28, 2012
Hmmm. . .

Just passing by. . .

So it will be nice if I say hello to my brothers and sisters.

Emm. . .I don't know why Yorubas should self-service on Igbo thread. Just drop your constructive criticism like Gar3th did and move on.

I'm yet to understand why everything Igbo or Igbo-related makes some Yorubas aggresive. Later, they will turn around and accuse us of inferiority complex.

I assume that Yorubas considers us their perpetual competitors, perpetual opposers. Like their greatest export, Obasanjo once remarked, "In my tribe, opposition means enemy". Pls my tribe does not tag opposers as enemy. So you guys should not "high"(apologies to Dayokanu) on Igbo threads.

Since, I'm passing by, I feel it's not necessary to comment on the topic of note. Ride on with the debate.

Ka o di nu.

1 Like

Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by bittyend(m): 9:29pm On Mar 28, 2012
Why do you guys think I care about the Yoruba/Igbo thing - or don't want Igbos to be great? I've only lived in Nigeria for 18 months all my life, I just like to call bs when I see one, duhhhhh.. You guys are bunch of insecure clowns. Keep dreaming - it's good to dream big any ways.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 28, 2012
driving from onitsha to enugu takes about 1 hour
driving from owerri to onitsha takes almost the same time (in real time, not estimate)
these three towns are distant from one another and their international airports would cover the whole region well
provided it is not a federal govt funded project, it is good
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by odumchi: 10:21pm On Mar 28, 2012
What about one in Abia or Imo state?

An airport in Imo would serve Owerri, Aba, Umuahia, Orlu, and Okigwe.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by ikeyman00(m): 10:41pm On Mar 28, 2012
@@@@@

bitter leaf
Like I always tell my Igbo friends, if not for Nigeria - Igboland won't be different from Somalia. Most Igbos think after they act - keep living in your delusional world!

laughabale

i think u need to leave this thread cuz u arent making sense at alllllllllllllll!!

u re so bitter at the pace of things

next time u hit nigeria dnt get stuck in lagos; travel around east side as well

Why do you guys think I care about the Yoruba/Igbo thing - or don't want Igbos to be great? I've only lived in Nigeria for 18 months all my life, I just like to call bs when I see one, duhhhhh.. You guys are bunch of insecure clowns. Keep dreaming - it's good to dream big any ways.

it easy to hide behind the curtains to talk $hit
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 10:42pm On Mar 28, 2012

You are one funny dude. So you need 3 international airports only to service igbo importers going to china.
Since I do not know can you please tell me the number of igbo traders traveling daily from our existing international airports going to china or any other exporting countries? Infact how many flights take off from our international airports going to China on a daily basis? In fact how many igbo traders are directly involved with importation? Most igbo traders buy from very few bulk importers. And to make matters worse the bulk importers do not travel every time they buy goods from China, they just place orders and it is shipped to your port after establishing a good relationship with the suppliers. The goods are not going to be shipped through the international airport, it would need a sea port, so I thought a sea port would be more of a priority than an airport

Igbo2011
NOOOOO 3 is too much. We need to focus on INFRASTRUCTURE!!!! Power roads, internet speed. We also need to invest in HUMANS> Education and healthcare. We need free education until 17 for all Nigerian citizens and free healthcare for children under 5 and all pregnant women. We need basic ammenties first. Most Nigerians will never use an airport but they will use education or healthcare.

We should be building 3 international standard schools or hospitals NOT airports.

Very fundamental and intelligible posts. We need to develop our brains and mindset. How many patents do we create? Must we continue to import things?

One of the major obstacle's being a good software engineer in Nigeria and moreover in the South East is lack of basic infrastructures(Eg,
;Electricity). We need to focus on the "fundamentals".

Reading without reflection is like eating without digesting.

And for those supposed Eastern brothers rubbishing other Eastern states with their supposed "Superiority complex", seem to lack the basic understanding of the true meaning of Civilization. It is not about "utter individualism and materialism" but shared responsibility and collectivism.

A state or country without a very educated and informed populace and civility with less crime is tantamount to a banana republic ruled and governed by Godfathers and oligarchs. I hope you ( Chino11 ) take note; keep your flag flying while others continue to create a friendly environment for FDI cheesy, eg, Rochas and Chime.

For the record, Aminu Kano International Airport is under major overhaul. I will post pics when it is completed.

I am afraid the South East is miles away both in mindset, collectivism and vision.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nnenna1(f): 10:43pm On Mar 28, 2012
jason123:

Onitsha could be a very beautiful city if Anambra state's govt were up to task.

The potential in this picture says it all. Oh well sad.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by ikeyman00(m): 10:46pm On Mar 28, 2012
@@@

For the record, Aminu Kano International Airport is under major overhaul. I will post pics when it is completed.

see 419 fg wayo

enugu should get the same attention along side porthacourt

for ur record
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by nduchucks: 10:49pm On Mar 28, 2012
Olodostein:

Very fundamental and intelligible posts. We need to develop our brains and mindset. How many patents do we create? Must we continue to import things?

One of the major obstacle's being a good software engineer in Nigeria and moreover in the South East is lack of basic infrastructures(Eg,

And for those supposed Eastern brothers rubbishing other Eastern states with their supposed "Superiority complex", seem to lack the basic understanding of the true meaning of Civilization. It is not about "utter individualism and materialism" but shared responsibility and collectivism.

A state or country without a very educated and informed populace and civility with less crime is tantamount to a banana republic ruled and governed by Godfathers and oligarchs. I hope you ( Chino11 ) take note; keep your flag flying while others continue to create a friendly environment for FDI cheesy, eg, Rochas and Chime.

I am afraid the South East is miles away both in mindset, collectivism and vision.

^^^+1000 The above is a detribalized and very sensible post for which OlodoWisestein should be applauded
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 28, 2012
Olodostein:

i think the idea behind this is export and foreign direct investment
SE can never have them without direct international access
even if it has them without the international airports, it would continue to play second fiddle to other zones with them.
that is why you see people from other zones trying hard to kill the idea
they fear that it will deflate their own zones
use your head bruv
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 11:01pm On Mar 28, 2012
@Olodostein
also please become very afraid when you see ndu-chuks supporting you
he wants igbo land to remain in chains so that he will sleep at night with his wicked one nigeria dreams
these airports will create an entirely new idea and be a game changer
the potential is limitless
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 11:05pm On Mar 28, 2012
Nnenna1:

Onitsha could be a very beautiful city if Anambra state's govt were up to task.

The potential in this picture says it all. Oh well sad.

onitsha is indeed a potentially great city if it has an international airport
just look at it! cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Amaechi Inspects Port-Harcourt International Airport (Photos) / President Buhari Commissions Nigeria's Largest Onshore LPG Plant In Edo State / I Am Pleased I Am Back, I Am Feeling Much Better Now. - President Buhari (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.