Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports (32600 Views)

PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima / Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) / Nigeria Needs President Buhari As Minister Of Defence, Not Petroleum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by debosky(m): 2:24pm On Mar 29, 2012
I have been consistently speaking against wasteful airport projects for years now - it is nothing to do with tribal location.

To get a better idea - read the following thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/273922/south-koreas-abandoned-airports-warning
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by kenmusa: 2:27pm On Mar 29, 2012
Is the airport in Enugu not international? I used to think that it had been given an international status. And if I am correct, then you can drive to Onitsha from Enugu in about 50 min-1 hr. insteady of going through Lagos with all the stress.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by manny4life(m): 2:33pm On Mar 29, 2012
And the argument goes on.

Like I previously said before, an international airport is great but I do not approve of three of them at this time, perhaps, three of them when most of infrastructures are in place, there is economic need for them etc. The SE GDP combined is too small to support the demand of these of these airports as well as the capital financing required for these projects. I love airports, but I a rail network within the SE should be considered in lieu of two other airports.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Dede1(m): 2:57pm On Mar 29, 2012
debosky:

I was referring generally to existing flight arrangements - not just Lagos and Abuja - Kano and PH also have regular international frequencies. Simply because you find them inconvenient is not sufficient reason to build new airports.

Will your three SE airports eliminate bad roads from Nigeria or will the flights drop you on your doorstep?

What convenience are you on about? It is far more convenient to fly from Lagos to Enugu, yet majority still go by road. I ask again, will building an international airport change that, or is it simply because majority of travellers can’t afford air travel?

Good - so beyond your claim of the FG ‘killing’ PH, why have the ‘30%’ of MMIA travellers from the SE not switched to using PH since it is closer? Why do they all still use Lagos?

What makes you think they will use a ‘full international airport’ in Enugu if they fail to use them at the moment?

In fact, undue weight of bias seemed to cloud you vision on this debate. To your question of “why have the ‘30%’ of MMIA travellers from the SE not switched to using PH since it is closer? Why do they all still use Lagos?” I have repeatedly pointed out in my previous posts the political factors are responsible for few landing rights granted to air carriers except two to Port Harcourt International Airport.

As a result of limited air carriers, the airfares of these two carriers are very exorbitant and schedule becomes attendant of the air carriers mostly not conducive to the fliers. The FG of Nigeria created a monopolistic presence in Port Harcourt International airport and left the fliers with no alternatives. I touched down at Port Harcourt from Paris about 8PM local time. By the time the checkout is done, the time is 10PM yet I had to go to Owerri at such time with bad road couple with menace of robbers and kidnappers.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by ikeyman00(m): 3:03pm On Mar 29, 2012
@@@@@

eze ndi igbo

The core idea behind this proposal is that we need direct contact with foreign expertise

as an igbo nigeria i think the advocacy of the so called foreign investors should alway be dealt with all the sensitivities it deserves

let all the looters come out and invest the looted money

let the black race be secured
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Dede1(m): 3:22pm On Mar 29, 2012
debosky: I have been consistently speaking against wasteful airport projects for years now - it is nothing to do with tribal location.

To get a better idea - read the following thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/273922/south-koreas-abandoned-airports-warning

I regret the idea when Nigerians point to ridiculous analogy in order to snatch a point. For the sake of this argument, South Korea has 9 functional International Airports, 11 functional local airports and 10 military airbases most of them are equipped to handle Boeing 747 during emergence landing.

Nigeria has two inadequate International airports, no local airports and no military airbase.

How could sane fellow draw any form of analogy with these two countries? South Korea might have been overambitious to punch its weight in the world of development but Nigeria is nobody in such world show. I can not percieve three or four functional International airport as over ambition for country such as Nigeria which term itself as fool’s giant of Africa. Nigeria needs good network of roads and terminals too.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 3:31pm On Mar 29, 2012
I would repeat statements of fact that support the core idea about these airports, because I can see that revisionists are working very hard to change it into something easier to demonize and cast down, when their ulterior motive is actually tribal and sectionist, but they would be the first to accuse others of such mindset.

The fact remains that SE Nigeria has the HIGHEST number of Nigerian diaspora. FACT.
The number of Igbo people outside Nigeria runs into MILLIONS. FACT.
These diaspora visit home; are eager to visit home or bring businesses home, or partner with home businesses. FACT.
Sections of Nigeria with little or no diaspora (like Kano for example) has had an international airport for DECADES. FACT
SE businesses go through HELL to connect with the outside world to exchange goods and services. FACT.
SE businesses which wants to avoid that HELL and still grow, must relocate to other zones with International airport, or they die! FACT.
SE continues to lose population to other zones which leads to loss of economic growth factor (population) to other zones. FACT.
Let me stop here for now.

Now, assuming that I am from one of those zones benefiting from SE losses, be it by way of business attraction, population/student population attraction, and by extension income attraction; WHY ON EARTH WOULD I WANT AN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT FOR SE? Answer is very depressing: I really don't have any reason as a non-SE person, to support this idea, especially if my zone may lose these.
Now, I would address a few of posters here. cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by chino11(m): 3:39pm On Mar 29, 2012
Eze onlytruth you have kept us here with my colleagues deliberating and thinking on your analytical and tall vision which is capable of intimidating and challenging our leaders in this country. If I may request, I will suggest you book an appointment with Peter Obi, he is presently the chairman of SE governors forum.

You can draw up a proposal for greater SE economic development, particularly cities of Onitsha and Nnewi due to huge economic activities in those areas and present it to him for perusal and subsequent executive amendment/approval.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 3:40pm On Mar 29, 2012
Dede1:

In fact, undue weight of bias seemed to cloud you vision on this debate. To your question of “why have the ‘30%’ of MMIA travellers from the SE not switched to using PH since it is closer? Why do they all still use Lagos?” I have repeatedly pointed out in my previous posts the political factors are responsible for f[b]ew landing rights granted to air carriers except two to Port Harcourt International Airport. [/b]

As a result of limited air carriers, the airfares of these two carriers are very exorbitant and schedule becomes attendant of the air carriers mostly not conducive to the fliers. The FG of Nigeria created a monopolistic presence in Port Harcourt International airport and left the fliers with no alternatives. [size=14pt]I touched down at Port Harcourt from Paris about 8PM local time. By the time the checkout is done, the time is 10PM yet I had to go to Owerri at such time with bad road couple with menace of robbers and kidnappers. [/size]

Thank you very much for the bolded. It actually captures some of the HELL I was talking about. Now, imagine if you came home with an American. How safe would that journey back to Owerri be?
This is just a tip of the iceberg about the point I'm making.
BTW I know that the guy knows these, but his motives are anything but logic and fairness. It is called self preservation; the first law of nature.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 3:46pm On Mar 29, 2012
Nnenna1: As much as I have my opinions on this topic [size=14pt]I also cannot help but notice the general contempt and dislike certain posters here have for the SE. I don't know when this sort of mentality will end (probably not for a while), and it is indeed a shame.[/size]

I will leave this thread at that.

Nne I cannot blame you for not noticing it earlier. It has been a fact of our lives in Nigeria. The only reason you have not noticed it is because our leaders (governors mostly) are like house slaves. They never make noise about our plight. As far as some of the Nigerian folks are concerned, SE should just shut up and remain one huge village, while all the economic activities in Nigeria takes place only in their own section of Nigeria; Lagos and environ for instance.
Well, it will not happen if some of us younger folks make enough trouble for the system. cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by debosky(m): 3:51pm On Mar 29, 2012
Dede1:
I have repeatedly pointed out in my previous posts the political factors are responsible for few landing rights granted to air carriers except two to Port Harcourt International Airport.

You have provided no evidence of such political factors - that airlines do not patronise PH does not mean the FG is responsible for this lack of patronage.

Furthermore, if it is indeed true that the FG is 'frustrating' PH airport, will it not also frustrate your beloved SE airports? How will that solve anything?

As for touching down at PH at 8pm, Americans also fly into Lagos at 10pm intending to go elsewhere in Nigeria. What they do is stay in Hotels and then transit the next day. I don't see anything odd in making such arrangements.

What if the person wanted to fly to a different location apart from where your 3 SE airports are located? Would the solution be to build airport at every possible location someone may want to visit?
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 3:51pm On Mar 29, 2012
At this stage, let me repeat another statement of fact:
A majority of diaspora visitors into Nigeria NEVER fly LOCAL flights in Nigeria. They deem it too dangerous and unpredictable. They would rather drive from Lagos or Abuja to the East than fly. The few that land in PH still drive to the rest of Igboland IN THE NIGHT.
Why not land in Owerri, or Onitsha or Enugu instead? If that becomes possible, all these risking their lives driving would not need to drive such long and dangerous distances to the ULTIMATE DESTINATION: IGBOLAND. cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 3:55pm On Mar 29, 2012
debosky:

You have provided no evidence of such political factors - that airlines do not patronise PH does not mean the FG is responsible for this lack of patronage.

Furthermore, if it is indeed true that the FG is 'frustrating' PH airport, will it not also frustrate your beloved SE airports? How will that solve anything?

As for touching down at PH at 8pm, Americans also fly into Lagos at 10pm intending to go elsewhere in Nigeria. What they do is stay in Hotels and then transit the next day. I don't see anything odd in making such arrangements.

What if the person wanted to fly to a different location apart from where your 3 SE airports are located? Would the solution be to build airport at every possible location someone may want to visit?

My friend your argument is making less and less sense.
Is Lagos Port Harcourt?
What is the distance between the PH airport and the next hotel; do you know how lonely and isolated the nearest hotel is?
Why can't someone fly directly into a city of 500,000 or more people such as Owerri?

You have not really told us your REAL reason for opposing this. Everything you've said here so far amount to grasping of straws.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by debosky(m): 4:06pm On Mar 29, 2012
Onlytruth:

My friend your argument is making less and less sense.
Is Lagos Port Harcourt?

Pay attention! I am making an analogy - if travelers into Lagos can stay in hotels overnight, why can't travelers into PH stay in hotels overnight?

What is the distance between the PH airport and the next hotel; do you know how lonely and isolated the nearest hotel is?
Why can't someone fly directly into a city of 500,000 or more people such as Owerri?

You tell me the distance since you're the expert.

Folk fly into Lagos and still go all the way to V/I to stay in hotels which takes a number of hours, why can't folk go into P/H proper to hotel overnight?

Furthermore, businessmen (not government) provide helicopter shuttles from Ikeja to V/I in Lagos to make business travel easier. Why can't intelligent Igbo businessmen provide helicopter connections from P/H to Owerri?

Why is the ONLY solution to build 3 international airports?

As to trying to find out my 'real' motives - stick to the discussion at hand - you're barely making a coherent point here so leave mind reading aside.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 4:06pm On Mar 29, 2012
chino11: Eze onlytruth you have kept us here with my colleagues deliberating and thinking on your analytical and tall vision which is capable of intimidating and challenging our leaders in this country. If I may request, I will suggest you book an appointment with Peter Obi, he is presently the chairman of SE governors forum.

You can draw up a proposal for greater SE economic development, particularly cities of Onitsha and Nnewi due to huge economic activities in those areas and present it to him for perusal and subsequent executive amendment/approval.

I will take you up on that offer when I hit home one of these days.
I personally believe that the future of our children is too important to be treated with unconcern. Our fathers fought in the baffle field, shed their blood and died so that we may hold up our heads today in pride. I don't know why our leaders are p00sy footing around things that can secure the future of our children.
So, yes I will take up that offer. cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by AjanleKoko: 4:15pm On Mar 29, 2012
Actually I don't know why there's so much rancor on this topic.

There is a need for at least one international airport in each geopolitical region. It doesn't take that much to build one, and you don't need to have something on the scale of MMIA. One terminal building with decent runway and parking facilities, fueling, and other logistics support will do.

If not for any other reason, it will definitely assist in attracting FDI directly to those regions, some of them have a larger population than some of our West African neighbours. If Emirates can fly to Cotonou, Accra, Ouagadogou, why not Enugu or Owerri?

Same for SW, same for North. You can have an international airport in Ilorin or Akure, or in Sokoto or Maiduguri. Nigeria is half the population of the USA for crying out loud. I really hate going to the airport and seeing the massive crowd.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 4:17pm On Mar 29, 2012
debosky:

Pay attention! I am making an analogy - if travelers into Lagos can stay in hotels overnight, why can't travelers into PH stay in hotels overnight?

Have you ever been kidnapped before in your life? If you have, you would not throw tantrums over this issue.
Listen up dude! PH is NOT Lagos. Gerrit?

You tell me the distance since you're the expert.

Folk fly into Lagos and still go all the way to V/I to stay in hotels which takes a number of hours, why can't folk go into P/H proper to hotel overnight?

Furthermore, businessmen (not government) provide helicopter shuttles from Ikeja to V/I in Lagos to make business travel easier. Why can't intelligent Igbo businessmen provide helicopter connections from P/H to Owerri?

Well I have a NEW idea which renders all these bolded irrelevant. It is called locating a resource near its primary users. Simple and short.

Why is the ONLY solution to build 3 international airports?

As to trying to find out my 'real' motives - stick to the discussion at hand - you're barely making a coherent point here so leave mind reading aside.

Your motive is so clear it is even laughably so. BTW I posit that you would not see the point of my argument, afterall you are not the one making the HELLISH travels across the length and breadth of Nigeria just to either leave Nigeria or get home from abroad. I really think that you are just being invidious. You are not the only one on this thread. cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Dede1(m): 4:19pm On Mar 29, 2012
Nnenna1: As much as I have my opinions on this topic I also cannot help but notice the general contempt and dislike certain posters here have for the SE. I don't know when this sort of mentality will end (probably not for a while), and it is indeed a shame.

I will leave this thread at that.

The tendency to show spitefulness on anything Igbo by most Nigerians is the octane that fires my zeal to agitate the formation of Republic of Igbo land or quick and sudden disintegration of Nigeria.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by nduchucks: 4:21pm On Mar 29, 2012
Onlytruth:

I will take you up on that offer when I hit home one of these days.
I personally believe that the future of our children is too important to be treated with unconcern. Our fathers fought in the baffle field, shed their blood and died so that we may hold up our heads today in pride. I don't know why our leaders are p00sy footing around things that can secure the future of our children.
So, yes I will take up that offer. cool

Eze NL Gburugburu Onlytruthdelusional, is completely naive and out of touch. You fool who is not savvy enough to understand that you have to be diplomatic and even atimes, love your enemies, for the greater good, now want to take a proposal to your governor, ko? I hope you know his closest PA or you come home with deep pocket partners who are ready to discuss how to invest in your state with the Governor. If not, you may be more foolish and delusional than I thought.

Why not start by publicizing your ideas in popular newspapers in your state and hope that your governor gets the message. Don't let NL Eze get in ya head buddy.

Make sure you wear running shoes when you get to your governor's office because they may send the vicious office dog after you. cheesy cheesy
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Dede1(m): 4:21pm On Mar 29, 2012
debosky:

I am yet a Nigerian and should have a choice where to spend my hard earned money in the jungle. It is not a fun when one spends two days on the trip to Nigeria and one night in a place such as Lagos or Abuja.

When I am on trip to Nigeria, I have no intentions to swell the economic pocket of Lagos State through hotel bills. Furthermore, my idea of economic redistribution does include Lagos and Abuja. I had rather inject my portion of such human endeavor in cities such as Owerri, Asaba, Port Harcourt, Aba, Umuahia, Enugu, Uyo, Onitsha and Abakiliki
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Dede1(m): 4:29pm On Mar 29, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Eze NL Gburugburu Onlytruthdelusional, is completely naive and out of touch. You fool who is not savvy enough to understand that you have to be diplomatic and even atimes, love your enemies, for the greater good, now want to take a proposal to your governor, ko? I hope you know his closest PA or you come home with deep pocket partners who are ready to discuss how to invest in your state with the Governor. If not, you may be more foolish and delusional than I thought.

Why not start by publicizing your ideas in popular newspapers in your state and hope that your governor gets the message. Don't let NL Eze get in ya head buddy.

Make sure you wear running shoes when you get to your governor's office because they may send the vicious office dog after you. cheesy cheesy

Look at this canny fellow. You want poster to publish his business ideas in a popular but local newspaper so that you will hit home run with it. Have you ever heard about industrial secret?
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 4:29pm On Mar 29, 2012
Dede1:

I am yet a Nigerian and should have a choice where to spend my hard earned money in the jungle. [b]It is not a fun when one spends two days on the trip to Nigeria and one night in a place such Lagos or Abuja.

When I am on trip to Nigeria, I have no intentions to swell the economic pocket of Lagos State through hotel bills. [/b]Furthermore, my idea of economic redistribution does include Lagos and Abuja. I had rather inject my portion of such human endeavor in cities such as Owerri, Asaba, Port Harcourt, Aba, Umuahia, Enugu, Uyo, Onitsha and Abakiliki

These people will have more and more of us reaching the same conclusion as you here.
It will suddenly dawn on us that we have been taken for a long ride in Nigeria.
We are becoming more aware. Thank God. cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by debosky(m): 4:31pm On Mar 29, 2012
Dede1:

I am yet a Nigerian and should have a choice where to spend my hard earned money in the jungle. It is not a fun when one spends two days on the trip to Nigeria and one night in a place such Lagos or Abuja.

I have no issues with that - you should be able to visit wherever you want to go in speed and comfort. I would love as much as you to be able to step off a plane in Onitsha and drive 15mins to my factory instead of having to fly to Asaba and drive across the bridge, or fly to PH.

However, that is not my challenge - my challenge here is prioritising building airports when you have other more pressing needs at hand, while existing airports close by remain under utilised. Is this truly what the SE needs at the moment?

When I am on trip to Nigeria, I have no intentions to swell the economic pocket of Lagos State through hotel bills. Furthermore, my idea of economic redistribution does include Lagos and Abuja. I had rather inject my portion of such human endeavor in cities such as Owerri, Asaba, Port Harcourt, Aba, Umuahia, Enugu, Uyo, Onitsha and Abakiliki

Again fair enough - you want to invest your resources in the SE and adjacent areas. The issue however is whether the best way to ensure you can do that is to build airports everywhere or to look at things at an integrated transport system level, not just focused on helping a few rich people fly in and out and leaving the poor market people struggling with poor roads because road funds have been spent on building airports.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 4:33pm On Mar 29, 2012
ndu_chucks:

ndu_chucks, you should not be here because like I said, I am yet to see a fox supporting the idea that a hen grows teeth.
If you see that show me.

BTW, your logic can never rise past the level of a product of madrasa.
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you [b]ndu_chucks [/b]logic!
Run for your dear lives! cool

Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by debosky(m): 4:38pm On Mar 29, 2012
On a separate note, why is it that Nigerians will fly to Dubai, Turkey, Libya (before the war), Ethiopia and other far flung places to CONNECT flights into London or the US, but now want airports on their doorstep for 'convenience' instead of working out connecting flights from existing airports less than an hour away?

The answer? People will use the cheapest means available.

If it is cheaper to fly to Lagos then drive to Onitsha, most people will do that. The reason the local airlines are not flourishing in terms of flights to the SE airports is because the overwhelming majority of travellers will not pay the exorbitant rates to fly. To think this will change by building three 'full international' airports is nothing but a pipe-dream.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Dede1(m): 4:40pm On Mar 29, 2012
debosky:

I have no issues with that - you should be able to visit wherever you want to go in speed and comfort. I would love as much as you to be able to step off a plane in Onitsha and drive 15mins to my factory instead of having to fly to Asaba and drive across the bridge, or fly to PH.

However, that is not my challenge - my challenge here is prioritising building airports when you have other more pressing needs at hand, while existing airports close by remain under utilised. Is this truly what the SE needs at the moment?

Again fair enough - you want to invest your resources in the SE and adjacent areas. The issue however is whether the best way to ensure you can do that is to build airports everywhere or to look at things at an integrated transport system level, not just focused on helping a few rich people fly in and out and leaving the poor market people struggling with poor roads because road funds have been spent on building airports.

There is no one particular best way to invest in economic activities. Anything that will attract investment and encourage people to spend money such as hotel bills during stopover in Lagos or Abuja should be encouraged. There is no doubt in my mind that a functional international airport at Enugu or Port Harcourt will force government to build good roads and hotels. There is something called tourist attraction.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 4:42pm On Mar 29, 2012
debosky:

If you want to be honest with yourself, you would admit that I stated in my post here, that the funds should be privately sourced. If you don't know that, then why are you arguing over this?
My only request is that the federal government should designate these as international airports. The states should concession them by partnering with investors whether foreign or local. This can happen while building of roads continue. Fact remains that even the roads are not being built by some of the governors. Must we wait for ever before getting what others have enjoyed for decades? The poor that you claim to care for suffer more now because they pay for whatever it costs traders to import things into Lagos and haul them all the way to the East, plus their travel costs! So goods will become cheaper in SE if this happens.
Now, let me hear another reason. undecided cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by nduchucks: 4:44pm On Mar 29, 2012
@Onlytruthcretin, we can all see how you've resorted to childishness to coverup your inadequacies. Pele o. BTW, this debosky dude has defeated you with extremely superior logic and analysis. You are the one who should hide your face in shame.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 4:49pm On Mar 29, 2012
ndu_chucks: @Onlytruthcretin, we can all see how you've resorted to childishness to coverup your inadequacies. Pele o. BTW, this debosky dude has defeated you with extremely superior logic and analysis. You are the one who should hide your face in shame.

Almajiri goat.
Only your type would ever believe that a lion like moi can be bought by anybody. They are yet to born any human that will sway my resolve to give a good account of myself to my children and my God one day.
If you don't mind me asking, please tell me why Kano should have an international airport but not Onitsha or Aba?
What do they produce in Kano again?
Why is Kano airport being EXPANDED as we speak.
Now run along. Ewu ugwu. cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 4:52pm On Mar 29, 2012
I'll be back. cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Dede1(m): 4:58pm On Mar 29, 2012
Onlytruth:

Almajiri goat.
Only your type would ever believe that a lion like moi can be bought by anybody. They are yet to born any human that will sway my resolve to give a good account of myself to my children and my God one day.
If you don't mind me asking, please tell me why Kano should have an international airport but not Onitsha or Aba?
What do they produce in Kano again?
Why is Kano airport being EXPANDED as we speak.
Now run along. Ewu ugwu. cool

There are adequate International airports in arid places such Sokoto and Maiduguri. These international airports are functional ones every year during haji. My Pam Am flight touched down at Kano International airport en-route to Lagos in 1988. Nigeria must be disintegrated I promised.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by debosky(m): 5:06pm On Mar 29, 2012
Onlytruth:

If you want to be honest with yourself, you would admit that I stated in my post here, that the funds should be privately sourced. If you don't know that, then why are you arguing over this?

So now you've started backtracking on your claims? Who said this?

Every governor in Anambra, Imo and Enugu should take this issue as the CORE issue of development.

Pray tell, would funds not be required to make this the 'core' issue of development?

Also who said this?

The man wants to start making vehicle engines in Nigeria; he has big dreams, but Nigeria will kill those dreams if our governors don't rise up to DEMAND international airports.

Who are you 'demanding' airports from? Private investors or government? cheesy

One more exhibition of your hypocrisy:

f you can build international airports inside deserts which only serve Islamic pilgrims, you can build for areas that can actually generate revenue for Nigeria.

Who built these airports in the desert you are referring to? Was it not government? By linking your SE airports to them, are you not implying that government funds should be used to build them? cheesy

Private funds indeed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Atiku Makes The First Public Appearance At Buhari’s Campaign Rally (see Photo) / I Am Pleased I Am Back, I Am Feeling Much Better Now. - President Buhari (Pic) / APC Members Donate 124 Vehicles For Buhari’s 2019 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.