Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry (13969 Views)

Court Dissolves 18-year-old Marriage Over Incest / Sex-starved Wife Secures Divorce As Court Dissolves 14-yr-old Marriage / Court Dissolves 3-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lack Of Vagina Opening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 29, 2012
Dowry or bride price
Why do people confuse bride price 4 dowry... It's the woman that pays a dowry
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by Olalekan0(m): 3:29pm On Mar 29, 2012
All northern women are satisfaction guaranteed or your money back.
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by Sike(m): 3:36pm On Mar 29, 2012
Na wao!
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by AZeD1(m): 3:36pm On Mar 29, 2012
freecocoa: Nah we don't accept CFA,I meant naira and that's just for the trad marriage o smiley,I'm from Anambra state and i don't mind saying that at all.cheesy
Can i pay in installments??
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by KINGwax(m): 3:46pm On Mar 29, 2012
niddamugu:

Is it too much or too small? Because I know some tribes that collect about 10% or less than that. Besides, I think the issue of contention here should the age of the girl - obviously under-aged, and not what was paid as bride price.
thank you! In some yoruba side, u don't say half that cash and funniest thing is that, that money will still le returned to you- the girl aint for sale
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by Ournaija: 3:48pm On Mar 29, 2012
ndubuisiw: I wonder the kind of life people in the north are living,how can a girl of 16 years be allowed to marry?she no get big brothers?
ndubuisiw: I wonder the kind of life people in the north are living,how can a girl of 16 years be allowed to marry?she no get big brothers?

When her big brothers are busy chasing cows and the ones who are not fortunate enough to get cows has gone for BOko recruitment.
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by Leyelyzo: 3:50pm On Mar 29, 2012
babaowo: he!he! When some olosho's collecting almost 50k per night in d same country....lolz....guyz oya straight to d north lolz
Gud, BK dey welcome you in advance
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by scopusng(m): 4:01pm On Mar 29, 2012
That is too expensive na. My place is just 600 naira. The father inlaw get 400 naira while the mother inlaw get 200 naira.
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by achi4u(m): 4:25pm On Mar 29, 2012
Ournaija:

When her big brothers are busy chasing cows and the ones who are not fortunate enough to get cows has gone for BOko recruitment.
guy u 3much ooo.but im brodas get live ooo...for sucide mi.

igboman go collect im moni but...kill im sef na lie ooo,somehw im go manage explode d tin in d bush carry the cash go import goods.

'well daz IGBO brain'
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by freecocoa(f): 4:35pm On Mar 29, 2012
A-ZeD:

Can i pay in installments??
Nah it doesn't work that way for us either,you have to be more than capable.smiley
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by freecocoa(f): 4:37pm On Mar 29, 2012
ogbeche77: Dowry or bride price
Why do people confuse bride price 4 dowry... It's the woman that pays a dowry

My brother don't blame us,na so them dey call am since we small so it stuck.
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by Pa22(m): 4:43pm On Mar 29, 2012
Okija_juju: Omo na to order like two trailers of Yarinya from North!!

Choi!! God punish Solomon!! I go topple ehn record in two years!!
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by AZeD1(m): 4:43pm On Mar 29, 2012
freecocoa: Nah it doesn't work that way for us either,you have to be more than capable.smiley
Babe biko help me now
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by 76Naira(m): 4:43pm On Mar 29, 2012
Na wa oo.

underage Aboki wife & possible BoHaram kids.

Hehehehe
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by mcnepow(m): 4:46pm On Mar 29, 2012
A-ZeD:

Babe biko help me now
Guy, u don dey take play play dey serious ooo. .
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by AZeD1(m): 4:53pm On Mar 29, 2012
mcnepow:
Guy, u don dey take play play dey serious ooo. .
I tell d babe say i lof am but she think say i dey play grin grin grin grin My mates for village don marry bon pikin finish!!!!!
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by Everest4: 5:09pm On Mar 29, 2012
...wow!, wat a drama, no wonda, v v f is on the increase. I dnt blam idris, dat is the sistem. Wat wil u say, abt a 60year old man, got married to 13year old old grl in the same kaduna. Is a shame to say dat, afta so many years of rullershp. The north stil bk word in evrytin. Child eduction zero, mortality is on the increas. Sory to say that nortan leadas enslaved there pple to inrich themself. Funny drama indid.
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by mcnepow(m): 5:11pm On Mar 29, 2012
A-ZeD:

I tell d babe say i lof am but she think say i dey play grin grin grin grin My mates for village don marry bon pikin finish!!!!!
Loool
take note - u go nid settle many people 4 here b4 she go follow u go o.
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by AZeD1(m): 5:15pm On Mar 29, 2012
mcnepow:
Loool
take note - u go nid settle many people 4 here b4 she go follow u go o.
In that case, make man pikin enter seminary....
Freecocoa you don turn me to Reverend ooh!!!
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by molekoole(m): 5:38pm On Mar 29, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]Looks like we're doin buying 'n' selling here.
Ehn! the case is simple since the man went to the market to buy smtn that is not destined to be his, he shouldn't blame the seller for giving him what he requested for!(its his loss to bear)
He should ve shined his eye well well...............b4 venturing into it
Besides marraige demands patience
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 29, 2012
[quote author=ZUBY77]What are you people saying? The issue here is not the age of the girl or the amount paid. The issue is that the girl doesnt like the marriage.
It is customary in their culture to marry early. 16, 17 or even 15. Unlike our igbo girls who will wait until their breast touches the ground and must have dated 20 different men. In return, they will come out here to tell us how the one she chose to marry could not satisfy her sexuall.y simply because she is playing mind comparisons between t

Lol.
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by freecocoa(f): 7:45pm On Mar 29, 2012
A-ZeD:

Babe biko help me now
grin grin grin You funny but popsy won't agree to that.
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by freecocoa(f): 7:47pm On Mar 29, 2012
A-ZeD:

In that case, make man pikin enter seminary....
Freecocoa you don turn me to Reverend ooh!!!
No o don't go there if you don't want to,I'm sure you go see girl marry.wink
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by AAAdam(m): 8:35pm On Mar 29, 2012
Yes, she is under age 2marry but, is she under age 2b Bleep by yr father? Useless people. How many of her age mate will find virgin in yr area? When yr sist mastered Bleep more than book in secondary, and in the high institution they will be moving almost naked like animals. D bride price small, how much do u want it 2b? And tank Good dat islamic gives right womens 2 devoce any unintressted marriage, no like yr Bleep belief dat marriage should remain 4ever no matter the cheating in d marriage. Marrying one wife but fucking as many as posible outside marriage.
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by PurerareGold: 8:46pm On Mar 29, 2012
emmysam2:

Are you saying you are worth N1000.00? I dont mean to be sarcastic, but permit me to say this... that is almost too cheap.

Bride price is not the value of a lady. Its just tradition. Some tribes pay less. How much does your tribe take for bride price? Is that your sister's worth? Just sayin.
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by AZeD1(m): 9:42pm On Mar 29, 2012
freecocoa: No o don't go there if you don't want to,I'm sure you go see girl marry.wink
If no be freecocoa, e no be the same as freecocoa!!!!
By the way, where did the name freecocoa originate from??
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by indoorlove(m): 10:16pm On Mar 29, 2012
sexyverah: 25k to marry wife at this jet age..... anyways them b abokis........ lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
u bad o!
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by Ishilove: 10:27pm On Mar 29, 2012
This is so wrong. . .
It is BRIDE PRICE,not DOWRY. A man pays bride price,while a woman brings in dowry INTO the man's house.
I wonda why people make this mistake so often
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by Tropilo(m): 11:03pm On Mar 29, 2012
DAWUYE:

Is not all girls from North that worth 25,000 dowry. In my area at Maiduguri for Shuwa Arab tribe, You will spend upto 1,000,000 minimum for Dowry only with additional Materials.(Lale, Macal, Cloth and others).

No wonder boko de vex...!
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by Tropilo(m): 11:17pm On Mar 29, 2012
Ournaija:

May GOD forgive ur mouth. Its their trad, pls!
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by freecocoa(f): 11:22pm On Mar 29, 2012
A-ZeD:

If no be freecocoa, e no be the same as freecocoa!!!!
By the way, where did the name freecocoa originate from??
I'm not sure you are ready to win this girl o.

It came from the pet name my granny gave me,my siblings pronounced it as "freecocoa" so it stuck.
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by Nobody: 11:28pm On Mar 29, 2012
Olalekan 0: All northern women are satisfaction guaranteed or your money back.
Sharrrapp,na d same northern gals I know abi na anoda 1,wey go just lay down like stick day shout,wayoo wayoo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name / Super Eagles Chidi Odiah Abandoned His Wife And Baby? /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.