Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,245 members, 7,849,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:10 AM

Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry (13973 Views)

Court Dissolves 18-year-old Marriage Over Incest / Sex-starved Wife Secures Divorce As Court Dissolves 14-yr-old Marriage / Court Dissolves 3-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lack Of Vagina Opening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by AZeD1(m): 5:26am On Mar 30, 2012
freecocoa: I'm now sure you are ready to win this girl . I'll talk to my family grin grin grin grin

It came from the pet name my granny gave me,my siblings pronounced it as "freecocoa" so it stuck.
Thanks!!!!
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by mexyk(m): 10:46am On Mar 30, 2012
these pple shld focus on educating their children and stop selling them out at such a cheap rate...chei shocked
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by gendebs(m): 10:59am On Mar 30, 2012
Gaiden k:
Sharrrapp,na d same northern gals I know abi na anoda 1,wey go just lay down like stick day shout,wayoo wayoo
bad funny guy
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by freecocoa(f): 2:51pm On Mar 30, 2012
A-ZeD:

Thanks!!!!
You edited my post,badt guy,you welcome anyways.wink
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by Enice(m): 6:20pm On Mar 30, 2012
emmysam2:

Are you saying you are worth N1000.00? I dont mean to be sarcastic, but permit me to say this... that is almost too cheap.
Too cheap! Dowry in Urhobo land is N125. You are not suppose to pay the entire amount cause if you do then you are a bad in-law. The balance is to signify that you do not own the girl completely.
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by Nobody: 7:42am On Mar 31, 2012
hp d aboki neva test o...me i wnt agree o ,afta tstn em dy find money.em suppose pay 4 30days nd testn
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by kooto(m): 3:11pm On Mar 31, 2012
I think this is one of those match making marriages.
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by dagboss(m): 6:56pm On Mar 31, 2012
@niddamugu

Thank God the true ladies are speaking out. In the east, where i married from, the dowry was less than 1k but the "handout" attached was about 6 pages that i had to carry-over some items.

Your post is the "baddest" funniest I mean, and true. You got me laughing on my bed until my iPad2 almost fell down on a hard tiled surface. But sha have you balanced the carry overs? grin grin grin
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by Kobojunkie: 6:10pm On Sep 05, 2012
miqos02:
She told the court that she would refund the dowry after the dissolution of the marriage.

In his submission, Maryam’s guardian, Malam Ahmed Maje, told the court that Idris had paid N25,000 as dowry.

Idris, however, claimed that he paid N45,000 as dowry to Maryam and not N25,000, explaining that he also paid N16,000 as compensation to one of Maryam’s suitors.

He said further that he provided N35,000 to Maryam for clothing and an additional N45,000, which she requested for to purchase other materials for the marriage.

Idris said that unless the money he spent on Maryam was returned, he would not grant her the divorce.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother / / Super Eagles Chidi Odiah Abandoned His Wife And Baby?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.