Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Talking About Hollywood Moviestars Of Nigerian Origin - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Talking About Hollywood Moviestars Of Nigerian Origin (44910 Views)

Whos The Most Beautiful Lady In Hollywood / Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? / Websites of Nigerian Actors and Actresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Talking About Hollywood Moviestars Of Nigerian Origin by codedguy1(m): 3:29pm On Apr 19, 2012
Reference:

Nah, just watch out for the sequel of Hurt Locker.
grin grin grin LWTMB
Re: Talking About Hollywood Moviestars Of Nigerian Origin by kizito96(m): 3:45pm On Apr 19, 2012
Only if our Government would know how hard it has been for these stars to put Nigeria in a positive light
Re: Talking About Hollywood Moviestars Of Nigerian Origin by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 19, 2012
Reference:

Nah, just watch out for the sequel of Hurt Locker.
Guy u be clown... Even that dude that tried to detonate a bomb on d street of Kano some month back is igbo( May he rest in peace)
Re: Talking About Hollywood Moviestars Of Nigerian Origin by victorazy(m): 3:53pm On Apr 19, 2012
Nobody mentioned Taye Dickson
Re: Talking About Hollywood Moviestars Of Nigerian Origin by Afam4eva(m): 3:54pm On Apr 19, 2012
ogbeche77:
Guy u be clown... Even that dude that tried to detonate a bomb on d street of Kano some month back is igbo( May he rest in peace)

What's his name?
Re: Talking About Hollywood Moviestars Of Nigerian Origin by Tunde20197: 3:57pm On Apr 19, 2012
ayo jango: .

He was also in Blood and Oil a movie about the politics of the niger delta,both british and nigerian cast,was filmed in PH

Dude was on point in Blood and Oil
Big ups man
Re: Talking About Hollywood Moviestars Of Nigerian Origin by Xtana: 4:05pm On Apr 19, 2012
Unfortunately, they're all only of Nigerian origin and nothing more. Just like Obama is of African origin.
Re: Talking About Hollywood Moviestars Of Nigerian Origin by manny4life(m): 4:18pm On Apr 19, 2012
Nice thread. cool cool cool
Re: Talking About Hollywood Moviestars Of Nigerian Origin by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 19, 2012
ayo jango: .

He was also in Blood and Oil a movie about the politics of the niger delta,both british and nigerian cast,was filmed in PH
Blood & Oil was not film in PH... But South Africa.. Google it
Re: Talking About Hollywood Moviestars Of Nigerian Origin by Kakatazz(f): 4:32pm On Apr 19, 2012
Honestly,the Hausas are not represented here.I have only seen other tribes but no Hausa sad Are you sure we are one Nigeria? Are hausas a part of Nigeria by mistake undecided

1 Like

Re: Talking About Hollywood Moviestars Of Nigerian Origin by Afam4eva(m): 4:34pm On Apr 19, 2012
Kakatazz: Honestly,the Hausas are not represented here.I have only seen other tribes but no Hausa sad Are you sure we are one Nigeria? Are hausas a part of Nigeria by mistake undecided

Like i said, this is not based on federal character.

1 Like

Re: Talking About Hollywood Moviestars Of Nigerian Origin by Akiika: 4:46pm On Apr 19, 2012
Talents that would have been wasted were they raised in Nigeria.
Re: Talking About Hollywood Moviestars Of Nigerian Origin by stunna2(m): 4:47pm On Apr 19, 2012
Why the fu-ck is my name and picture not on this yeye lists...oh I forgot, I'm not based in Los Angeles lol!
Re: Talking About Hollywood Moviestars Of Nigerian Origin by gragraboy: 5:17pm On Apr 19, 2012
Tony Spike: SONNI CHIDIEBERE

This apparently Nigerian-Igbo actor has earned minor roles on some blockbuster Hollywood movies also. His movies include:

1. Hotel Rwanda
2. Blood Diamond
3. District 9
4. Lord of War

This dude appears to feature mostly in war-related movies....just thinking though...lol
u no see as him resemble militant wey just collect him amnesty allowance for the month?!
Re: Talking About Hollywood Moviestars Of Nigerian Origin by noiseless: 6:17pm On Apr 19, 2012
This white dude should be tracked down, interogated so he could reveal every secret his parents and their colonial cohorts have in their possession, which could have given birth to the all round regretable situation in the land.
babaearly: You guys forgot to mention Hugo Weaving.

Hugo Wallace Weaving was born on April 4, 1960 in Nigeria. The middle sibling of three, Hugo has an older brother Simon and a younger sister Anna who both also currently live and work in Australia. During his early childhood, the Weaving family spent most of their time traveling between Nigeria, Great Britain...
“ Yeah, he's white, but he was born in Nigeria therefore he is Nigerian. ”
Re: Talking About Hollywood Moviestars Of Nigerian Origin by Cupidkc(m): 6:30pm On Apr 19, 2012
Wow...didnt knw dt all ds movie stars ar Nigerians.
Am hapi dt d hv dia names imprinted in the sand of tym.
Wishin dm al d best.
Re: Talking About Hollywood Moviestars Of Nigerian Origin by blackboi(m): 6:51pm On Apr 19, 2012
Cover (2007) - Razaaq Adoti
great guy!

Am on phone; culdn't post much details
Re: Talking About Hollywood Moviestars Of Nigerian Origin by ojeffo: 7:33pm On Apr 19, 2012
Tony Spike: HAKEEM KAE KASSIM

This British trained actor was born in Lagos was based in South Africa for quite sometime. He has apparently received some impressive roles in Hollywood movies some of which are:

1. The Pirate of the Carribeans: At World’s End
2. Hotel Rwanda
3. X-Men Origins: Wolverine
4. The Fourth Kind

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0434444/
OMG! Bro u forgot that dis dude starred in the popular blockbustre Tv series "24" as d african Terrorist leader Col Iker Dubaku,he also starred(though few scenes) in "LOST" where he was a brother to d other yoruba dude who starred in LOST
Re: Talking About Hollywood Moviestars Of Nigerian Origin by ojeffo: 7:50pm On Apr 19, 2012
grin Edward Mofulunanya:Popularly know as Eddy Murphy is a Nigerian of igbo origin whose father sojourned in d US as a slave.And later changed his name to Eddy Murphy becos d white men cannoy pronounce Mofulunaya,they now made easier with Murphy.He has starred in lots of award winning Hollywood movies.If una think say na lie,make una ask me..LWTMB!!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Talking About Hollywood Moviestars Of Nigerian Origin by phreakabit(m): 8:29pm On Apr 19, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Yoruba

Actress Adepero Oduye

Movie/Show :
Pariah (2012)

[img]http://culturaltoast.files./2012/02/culturalpulseadeperooduye.jpg?w=604[/img]

[size=18pt]RFLMAO!!! When I saw her face I said DEFINITELY YORUBA! And guess what? I was spot on![/size]

1 Like

Re: Talking About Hollywood Moviestars Of Nigerian Origin by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 19, 2012
so cool...where's a genie...wish I could be a Hollywood star too embarassedso cool...where's a genie...wish I could be a Hollywood star too
Re: Talking About Hollywood Moviestars Of Nigerian Origin by Beetwo(m): 9:08pm On Apr 19, 2012
Op, tanx for dis trend, thou l hav not seen must of dos young artist but if there anybody among dem to be awarded 'Nigerian Ambassador' it definately Adewale Agbaje, who was also a member of defunct group called ABC (Anoda Bad Creation), because the way flies Nigerian flag in any movie he featured, l also luv'd ejiofor especially for d movie called pretty dirty things. They are all great.
@ stunna, l hav not seen any of ya movie, abi no BFs you dey act. Jus joking.
Re: Talking About Hollywood Moviestars Of Nigerian Origin by ayusco: 9:28pm On Apr 19, 2012
This chick (can't recall her name now) was in the series 4400(played an alien abductee who was returned) and CSI:MAIMI(played the officer who conducted autopsy on murder victims on the show till she was written off the series cry )

Did you guys knw that the alien in the first ALIEN movie was played by a nigerian in a body suit? One yetunde something guy I think
Re: Talking About Hollywood Moviestars Of Nigerian Origin by Afam4eva(m): 9:30pm On Apr 19, 2012
ayusco: This chick (can't recall her name now) was in the series 4400(played an alien abductee who was returned) and CSI:MAIMI(played the officer who conducted autopsy on murder victims on the show till she was written off the series cry )

Did you guys knw that the alien in the first ALIEN movie was played by a nigerian in a body suit? One yetunde something guy I think

I think it was the same lady that was in "Dirty games".
Re: Talking About Hollywood Moviestars Of Nigerian Origin by futurehome: 11:19pm On Apr 19, 2012
so dis kind people dey naim dem allow jimiyke and the rest they dull us

we pray dey come back to sanitize our nollyhood
Re: Talking About Hollywood Moviestars Of Nigerian Origin by koruji(m): 2:35am On Apr 20, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Igbo

Megalyn Echikunwoke, Nigerian international actress who is making it big time in Hollywood. Megalyn is the daughter of a Nigerian-Igbo father and a German/Scots-Irish American mother.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-pf9z93Vmp_Y/T2Qh7OTMdxI/AAAAAAAABxg/z-AQcEFB0wk/s1600/Megalyn+Echikunwoke.jpg[/img]

Looks a bit like Halle Berry
Re: Talking About Hollywood Moviestars Of Nigerian Origin by rocka: 3:28am On Apr 20, 2012
koruji:

Looks a bit like Halle Berry

She sure does if not better. Her role in HBO's 'House of Lies' as Don Cheadle's girlfriend bought me over. Then her appearance in an episode of 'The Game'.......... OMG!!!!

She's actually prettier than she is in the picture above.
Re: Talking About Hollywood Moviestars Of Nigerian Origin by ektbear: 3:35am On Apr 20, 2012
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/download/670503[/img]

She got a nice rack..

1 Like

Re: Talking About Hollywood Moviestars Of Nigerian Origin by denzel2009: 3:47am On Apr 20, 2012
afam4eva:

I watched 90210 till the season three and i didn't see her there. Which part did she play?

She acted behind the camera.
Re: Talking About Hollywood Moviestars Of Nigerian Origin by Nobody: 4:34am On Apr 20, 2012
ayusco: This chick (can't recall her name now) was in the series 4400(played an alien abductee who was returned) and CSI:MAIMI(played the officer who conducted autopsy on murder victims on the show till she was written off the series cry )

Bolaji Badejo
Re: Talking About Hollywood Moviestars Of Nigerian Origin by gragraboy: 6:16am On Apr 20, 2012
ekt_bear: [img]https://www.nairaland.com/download/670503[/img]

She got a nice rack..
umhmmm!!
Re: Talking About Hollywood Moviestars Of Nigerian Origin by ektbear: 8:21am On Apr 20, 2012
Am I lying? grin

She has a nice rack...nobody will deny it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yoruba Movie Industry Is Getting It Wrong / What Is The Best Movie You Watched In 2018? / Davido: I Want Omashola To Win BBNaija. Tacha, Kim Oprah, Omashola My Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.