Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Is Your JAMB 2012/2013 Score What You Expected? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Your JAMB 2012/2013 Score What You Expected? (16304 Views)

Poll:

Yes: 37% (28 votes)
No: 62% (46 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll:

Yes: 100% (1 vote)
No: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

See The Guy That Got The 2016 Jamb Highest Score..what A Genius..! / My Fellow JAMBITES, How Market??? Was Your Score What You Expected??? / Jamb 2012/2013 Utme Registration Form Now Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Your JAMB 2012/2013 Score What You Expected? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 01, 2012
amtnaira: smileyIf you can't use your head, then be prepared to be led by someone's head
And your point is?
Re: Is Your JAMB 2012/2013 Score What You Expected? by ACM10: 11:08pm On Apr 01, 2012
smart_01:

Is it possible 2 secure admission to study medicine wit such score, i mean 219,
NO and YES!
NO! 219 is a poor score for medicine. You need to score 250 and above to stand a chance.

YES! if you are highly connected. Everything is possible in Naija. But if you are nobody like me. There is still hope for you. Score 75% and above in you post-UME and you'll see how event will work out in your favour.

smart_01:
no matter d post-UME Score? I'm considering change of course.
NO! It's too early to give up. Except you don't want to study medicine from the outset. Don't give up in pursuit of your dream. Winners never quit and quitters never wins! As soon as your mind tends towards defeatism; chain reaction will ensue to complete the process for you. Don't remove the option of studying med/surg, even if you opt for other related course. Attempt JAMB exam again or attain a healthy GP, which will enable to you change over to med/surg.

1 Like

Re: Is Your JAMB 2012/2013 Score What You Expected? by Marycool: 11:33pm On Apr 01, 2012
[color=#770077][/color]I nearly cried out ma eyez wen i saw 221 as ma jamb score,firstly i thought dat it was ma sit number dat dey wrote but after several checkin i accepted de score but how can i study law wit such a low score?God pls I need de best in ma post ume o.
Re: Is Your JAMB 2012/2013 Score What You Expected? by Emylexray(m): 11:55pm On Apr 01, 2012
Shalomé: i scored 248,trust me dats a scam..i ws credited wit 58 in english which is my best subject n im very confident i scored all bar d 6-8 oral questions..anywaiz nufin spoil,on to d nxt one,post utme...im gonna kick ass
English your best subject? With this your textual malady? Indeed! Tell that to the marines.
Re: Is Your JAMB 2012/2013 Score What You Expected? by ACM10: 11:57pm On Apr 01, 2012
blogger1.0:
@ACM10. Thats the question i keep asking myself o. How much will one score in the post utme that would be enuf sef? I only hope that the cut off mark this year would be very reasonable otherwise we are finished.

blogger1.0:

May be in my dreams. My score is 244. And the suprising thing is that my score last year was very impressive. But this year that i had actually worked my a.ss off and expected the best results turned out to be my worst.
Whats your score?

Fortunately, UNN happens to be my alma mater. So your enquiry is well placed. There are some factors that predicts your chance of gaining admission into UNN to study Med/Surg. They are:

1. State of origin: UNN aims to reflect the federal character system. Therefore the cut-off mark for student varies across the states. Top of the ladder are the eastern states which consists of Imo, Anambra, Enugu, Abia, while the bar is lowered for student from other states and region. So if you are from Northern or some western states; there is a high probability of gaining admission into Med/Surg if you are able reenact your JAMB feat in PUME.

2. Meritocracy: If you score 75% and above, you will certainly appear on the merit list of Med/Surg even if you are from Anambra or Imo state.

3. Nepotism: Nigeria is a very corrupt country. Therefore favouritism trumps meritocracy. You will certainly gonna get admission to Med/Surg even if you score an average of 180, so far as your "personal person"(sic) belongs to the old boys' network.

4. Deep Pocket: your money can also secure an admission for you. But I will advise against this approach. Med/Surg is an intellectually tasking course. I doubt if your money can propel you past 2nd MBBS. UNN medical school hosts some professors in pre-clinical and clinical courses that wont compromise on their principle. Beside, if one eventually scales through with his/her deep pocket, he/she will graduate as a horrible doctor.

I hope I did justice to your enquiry. undecided
Re: Is Your JAMB 2012/2013 Score What You Expected? by Emylexray(m): 12:10am On Apr 02, 2012
ACM10:

Fortunately, UNN happens to be my alma mater. So your enquiry is well placed. There are some factors that predicts your chance of gaining admission into UNN to study Med/Surg. They are:

1. State of origin: UNN aims to reflect the federal character system. Therefore the cut-off mark for student varies across the states. Top of the ladder are the eastern states which consists of Imo, Anambra, Enugu, Abia, while the bar is lowered for student from other states and region. So if you are from Northern or some western states; there is a high probability of gaining admission into Med/Surg if you are able reenact your JAMB feat in PUME.

2. Meritocracy: If you score 75% and above, you will certainly appear on the merit list of Med/Surg even if you are from Anambra or Imo state.

3. Nepotism: Nigeria is a very corrupt country. Therefore favouritism trumps meritocracy. You will certainly gonna get admission to Med/Surg even if you score an average of 180, so far your personal person belongs to the old boys' network.

4. Deep Pocket: your money can also secure an admission for you. But I will advise against this approach. Med/Surg is an intellectually tasking course. I doubt if your money can propel you past 2nd MBBS. UNN medical school hosts some professors in pre-clinical and clinical courses that wont compromise on their principle. Beside, if one eventually scales through with his/her deep pocket, he/she will graduate as a horrible doctor.

insightful breakdown, nice one.
Re: Is Your JAMB 2012/2013 Score What You Expected? by Emylexray(m): 12:24am On Apr 02, 2012
You guys should stop moaning over your scores and go prepare adequately for POST UME. At least you should be proud of what you got without any assistance(expo) i.e if you scored above 240.
I believe post ume questions are not as challenging as UTME questions, so we've all got the potential to do well.
I know of a girl who got 201 in her UTME, but blasted her post ume by getting above 70. As i write, she now study her desired course in Unilag. Also, i forsee mountaneous cut-off marks this year, due to the high number of candidates that passed UTME this year. Its a fight to finish! only the fittest, smartest and most prayerful will survive.
I wish y'll the very best!

2 Likes

Re: Is Your JAMB 2012/2013 Score What You Expected? by Ndkings1(m): 1:12am On Apr 02, 2012
Hmmmmm, me i chekd mine dis morning o!
And stil can't bliv dat dis is my result.
Re: Is Your JAMB 2012/2013 Score What You Expected? by emsquare(m): 7:44am On Apr 02, 2012
godstino: if i had the money, i would sue jamb to mark my script in front of me..cos there is no way i could get what they gave to me (ceteris paribus)...but all thesame, its past story now and i look forward to writing the post ume to show my worth..

Hmmm!!!
Re: Is Your JAMB 2012/2013 Score What You Expected? by Imthebest(m): 8:44am On Apr 02, 2012
Haven't u heard abt negative marking in JAMB? Dat's simply why ur imagined score's not what u'll see
Re: Is Your JAMB 2012/2013 Score What You Expected? by eyenCalabar(m): 8:46am On Apr 02, 2012
My own on checking shows "No Result Yet", is it that it has been withheld or what? Pls help! What is happening?
Re: Is Your JAMB 2012/2013 Score What You Expected? by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 02, 2012
ACM10:

3. Nepotism: Nigeria is a very corrupt country. Therefore favouritism trumps meritocracy. You will certainly gonna get admission to Med/Surg even if you score an average of 180, so far as your "personal person"(sic) belongs to the old boys' network.

Thank you very much for your concern. I am from Benue state. And i sincerely hope to score upto that 75% if not more. As for no.4 my mind is not there at all. But can you pls throw more light on no.3?
Kindly pm me your email address.
Re: Is Your JAMB 2012/2013 Score What You Expected? by Emylexray(m): 9:07am On Apr 02, 2012
eyenCalabar: My own on checking shows "No Result Yet", is it that it has been withheld or what? Pls help! What is happening?
simple English, ''no result yet'' doesn't mean it was withheld or seized. So why the jitters? Chill
Re: Is Your JAMB 2012/2013 Score What You Expected? by smart6(m): 11:24am On Apr 02, 2012
ACM10:
NO and YES!
NO! 219 is a poor score for medicine. You need to score 250 and above to stand a chance.

YES! if you are highly connected. Everything is possible in Naija. But if you are nobody like me. There is still hope for you. Score 75% and above in you post-UME and you'll see how event will work out in your favour.

NO! It's too early to give up. Except you don't want to study medicine from the outset. Don't give up in pursuit of your dream. Winners never quit and quitters never wins! As soon as your mind tends towards defeatism; chain reaction will ensue to complete the process for you. Don't remove the option of studying med/surg, even if you opt for other related course. Attempt JAMB exam again or attain a healthy GP, which will enable to you change over to med/surg.

Tnx man am so gr8ful...:-)
Re: Is Your JAMB 2012/2013 Score What You Expected? by Natasha2(f): 1:08pm On Apr 02, 2012
charloski: Guys please a̶̲̥̅♏ still not seeing ♍γ̲̣̣̥ result ..... i kips telling me no result yet ... Please ‎​Ђȍw Can i wait ...
Just chill okay I believe your result would be released I'm not JAMB but that's what I think. Its a 50/50 thing though. That was what happened to me last year, it was no result yet so I had to wait for over one month before my result was finally released, but few of my friends never got to see theirs. So just chill and be positive.
blogger1.0:

May be in my dreams. My score is 244. And the suprising thing is that my score last year was very impressive. But this year that i had actually worked my a.ss off and expected the best results turned out to be my worst.
Whats your score?
Lol same thing with me, they gave me 208 but that can never be my score, You still have a fair chance with your score. Right now I'm laughing because so many people who thought they'll score from 270 and above ended up scoring 208 grin, Anyways the thing is I'm going in for Law although I can still be admitted with a very good PUME score cause I've sen people with lower scores last year in JAMB and PUME but were still admitted for law. I guess its cos my state is eduacationally less developed so they admit students with poor performance too. If I had filled it as my first choice last year I would have bee admitted for law, but I just didn't want to attend the school, now I have no choice, I'm stuck with it grin I'm still hoping JAMB will upgrade the scores because sometimes it happens like that, they get to upgrade it after few weeks, so I'm strongly praying they do. BTW How is your preparation for PUME going?
Re: Is Your JAMB 2012/2013 Score What You Expected? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 02, 2012
Natasha,,:
[b]Men its just unbelieveable, I haven't recovered from my own shock, I can't even tell my dad, all I know is that's not my score, I also went through everything after the exams with my textbooks dictionaries even the net, I scored above 260 clear and fair, but when I saw my result, It was like I was in dreamland, Isn't there a way we can see our scripts? I shaded well so I'm sure it had nothing to do with my shading, My invigilator threatened to write something on my paper since I refused to pay for expo, but I'm sure that was a mere threat and she had nothing to it, something is wrong, the score I have cannot be mine. Jamb doesn't release so many results as fast as this, In my friend centre it was series of 225 for science and arts students, for people who used their heads their mark should definitely vary shouldn't it? even if they did malpractice they can't just come out with 225, 225. My shock came when I saw my CRS and my English scores I'll still say it that is not my score, it doesn't matter if my name is on it. [/b]

lol I just found this funny, no disrespect but it made me laugh.

Stop posting on NL during exam periods and you'll see better result.

1 Like

Re: Is Your JAMB 2012/2013 Score What You Expected? by olayiwola9(m): 3:23pm On Apr 02, 2012
jamb 2012 is nothing but a scam

1 Like

Re: Is Your JAMB 2012/2013 Score What You Expected? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 02, 2012
Natasha,,:

Just chill okay I believe your result would be released I'm not JAMB but that's what I think. Its a 50/50 thing though. That was what happened to me last year, it was no result yet so I had to wait for over one month before my result was finally released, but few of my friends never got to see theirs. So just chill and be positive.

Lol same thing with me, they gave me 208 but that can never be my score, You still have a fair chance with your score. Right now I'm laughing because so many people who thought they'll score from 270 and above ended up scoring 208 grin, Anyways the thing is I'm going in for Law although I can still be admitted with a very good PUME score cause I've sen people with lower scores last year in JAMB and PUME but were still admitted for law. I guess its cos my state is eduacationally less developed so they admit students with poor performance too. If I had filled it as my first choice last year I would have bee admitted for law, but I just didn't want to attend the school, now I have no choice, I'm stuck with it grin I'm still hoping JAMB will upgrade the scores because sometimes it happens like that, they get to upgrade it after few weeks, so I'm strongly praying they do. BTW How is your preparation for PUME going?
Yea, you are right, this kind of thing happened in 2009 and fortunately for them that year, the results were later remarked and my brother for example had over 20 marks added to his original score. So lets just keep our fingers crossed.
Well as far as my preparations for the pume goes, i am still trying to lay my hands on some past q&a, so as to enable me know from where to start reading. How about you, have you seen any q&a from your school yet?
Re: Is Your JAMB 2012/2013 Score What You Expected? by Natasha2(f): 11:46pm On Apr 02, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Stop posting on NL during exam periods and you'll see better result.
Sorry your advice would have been valid if I was unserious.
blogger1.0:

Yea, you are right, this kind of thing happened in 2009 and fortunately for them that year, the results were later remarked and my brother for example had over 20 marks added to his original score. So lets just keep our fingers crossed.
Well as far as my preparations for the pume goes, i am still trying to lay my hands on some past q&a, so as to enable me know from where to start reading. How about you, have you seen any q&a from your school yet?
Okay, better get them fast, And nope there are no past questions per say, if there's any one is just something cooked up by people.But what I know is they draw their questions from past JAMB questions, last year all the 100 questions given were from JAMB's 1978-1980 questions and that's what they have been doing. So I'll just study my past Jamb q$a and continue reading my text books .
Re: Is Your JAMB 2012/2013 Score What You Expected? by ea7(m): 7:15am On Apr 03, 2012
I got 241 instead of my predicted 280. Feh. But, no problem, my dad tells me the snipers are in place for some disproportionate..er well deserved lead retribution.
Re: Is Your JAMB 2012/2013 Score What You Expected? by LizyL: 9:08am On Apr 03, 2012
@natasha do they really upgrade scores? is that possible?
Re: Is Your JAMB 2012/2013 Score What You Expected? by Natasha2(f): 10:39am On Apr 03, 2012
LizyL: @natasha do they really upgrade scores? is that possible?
Yes they've done that before, I'm just praying they do the same this time cause they really gave wrong scores to so many people.
Re: Is Your JAMB 2012/2013 Score What You Expected? by LizyL: 12:43pm On Apr 03, 2012
Natasha,,:

Yes they've done that before, I'm just praying they do the same this time cause they really gave wrong scores to so many people.
how many days or weeks after the result is out do they upgrade it?
Re: Is Your JAMB 2012/2013 Score What You Expected? by mochi1(m): 1:06pm On Apr 03, 2012
I think the scores given in this year's utme are very wrong.Imagine,last year isat 6or jamb,I scored 264 and dis year,I scored 213...the most painful of it all is that I was expecting a higher score in my two major subject which are govt nd lit scoring 50 nd 60 respectively compared to last year's own scoring 68 nd 72 respectively..now,ma chance of getting admission into my preferred faculty of LAW is slim now whereas even when I had a higher utme score of 264 nd putme score of 73% last year,I wasn't admitted.well I still have dat fate in me no matter the score.Actually,I was expecting my mark to be within the range of 270-290 having prepared well for it..
Re: Is Your JAMB 2012/2013 Score What You Expected? by adeoyesam(m): 4:03pm On Apr 03, 2012
I can't make comment on dis topic because am yet nt av access 2 my result. Pls nairalander can u do me favour by helping me check it. (26221970fa)
Dat's my reg. no. Tanks
Re: Is Your JAMB 2012/2013 Score What You Expected? by Excelboi(m): 4:15pm On Apr 03, 2012
adeoye sam: I can't make comment on dis topic because am yet nt av access 2 my result. Pls nairalander can u do me favour by helping me check it. (26221970fa)
Dat's my reg. no. Tanks
NO MATCH FOUND
Re: Is Your JAMB 2012/2013 Score What You Expected? by ACM10: 11:21pm On Apr 03, 2012
blogger1.0:

Thank you very much for your concern. I am from Benue state. And i sincerely hope to score upto that 75% if not more. As for no.4 my mind is not there at all. But can you pls throw more light on no.3?
Kindly pm me your email address.

You'll get a fair shot with your score into any department of your choice. Study hard and blast in your PUME. The questions are simple if your fundamentals in Chemistry, Physics and Biology are sound. Most times, I wonder why students fail. But I have implicit trust in your ability to scale those hurdles.

My apology for the late response. I was out of town. Why not post your email so that I'll write to u?
Re: Is Your JAMB 2012/2013 Score What You Expected? by Nobody: 12:15am On Apr 04, 2012
ACM10:

You'll get a fair shot with your score into any department of your choice. Study hard and blast in your PUME. The questions are simple if your fundamentals in Chemistry, Physics and Biology are sound. Most times, I wonder why students fail. But I have implicit trust in your ability to scale those hurdles.

My apology for the late response. I was out of town. Why not post your email so that I'll write to u?
Your comments are really a source of encouragement to me my boda. My email-tweakssss@gmail.com. I will be expecting your mail. Thanks
Re: Is Your JAMB 2012/2013 Score What You Expected? by Nobody: 12:26am On Apr 04, 2012
mochi1: I think the scores given in this year's utme are very wrong.Imagine,last year isat 6or jamb,I scored 264 and dis year,I scored 213...the most painful of it all is that I was expecting a higher score in my two major subject which are govt nd lit scoring 50 nd 60 respectively compared to last year's own scoring 68 nd 72 respectively..now,ma chance of getting admission into my preferred faculty of LAW is slim now whereas even when I had a higher utme score of 264 nd putme score of 73% last year,I wasn't admitted.well I still have dat fate in me no matter the score.Actually,I was expecting my mark to be within the range of 270-290 having prepared well for it..
213 as against last year's 264. Mehn, the difference is worth admitting that something went wrong somewhere. Anyways, i wish you the very best of luck.
Re: Is Your JAMB 2012/2013 Score What You Expected? by Taiquadri(f): 8:59am On Apr 04, 2012
Funkymallam:

How much did u pay to get that score? Gosh! And she is acting cry... <sad

Just errors lyk i said i wasnt myself den.u wnt me 2 prove i ad 249 brng it on.u're probably just jealous.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dika Odu Wins Alumnus Of The Year 2017 Award At Glasgow Caledonian University / Is Waec Result 2019/2020 Out | Waec Result Checker / Man With Cerebral Palsy Graduates In Computer Science

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.