Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Brand New Nairaland Theme - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Brand New Nairaland Theme (20534 Views)

Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) / The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? / New Nairaland: State Of The Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by bizybrain(m): 12:19pm On Apr 01, 2012
Kudos on your research but u may reconsider changing dis one cos everything is wrong with d color combination
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 01, 2012
Seun.....
I. Nuh like dis one at all º°˚
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by osifred(m): 12:19pm On Apr 01, 2012
¶ bet ma 50cent dat its april fool
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by thehomer: 12:19pm On Apr 01, 2012
Seun: I made a big mistake with New Nairaland, by making the colours too bright, so for a while now I've been experimenting with this theme. I know this new look not perfect, but I think it's much better on the eyes. I will keep tweaking it over time to make it better.

As a scientist at heart , I tried to research the issues with the old theme in a objective manner. My conclusion was that the old theme was painful on the eyes primarily because bright colors bombard the eye with excess photons, causing over-excitement of the cornea, leading to pain after using the site for a few hours. For me initially, I didn't understand this because I only used the site for 30 minutes to an hour at a stretch, but some days ago after a long moderating session of about 2 hours my eyes started to water and I knew something was wrong, so I started working on less photonic theme with dark colors that are easy on the eye.

The way it works is that the background occupies a much larger area than the text, so if the background is dark and the text is light it reduces the number of photon bombarding your cornea and provides relief to any pent up tension in the eyeballs. So I inverted colors to retain the same pleasing blend of colors you're used to while reducing the photonic bombardment rate considerably.

I know that my scientific rather than artistic approach won't win people over instantly, but if after browsing for 2 hours you notice that your eyes are perfectly relaxed and not watering at all, I hope you'll understand why that's happening and appreciate it.

Isn't there a way to have people select their own themes? I personally prefer a light background with dark characters over dark background with light letters. There is also research showing that the first option is easier to see.
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 01, 2012
All i can say is OMG!
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by lekzwyc(m): 12:20pm On Apr 01, 2012
People will always complain on little thing, do u want to spend your whole life here. Get what u want, read whatever u want to read and get out....Mtscew
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 01, 2012
Is this Seun's way of saying 'April fo0l suckers!'?
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 01, 2012
I must say, the old look (the one this theme replaced) was too bland. And between posts, it was often difficult to see where one post ended, and another began, especially when there were multi-quotes.

This theme isn't perfect, but at least it's easier to follow. I like the way quotes at least have a different colour. No mistaking a post for a quote. With time, a few well chosen tweaks will see things improve, we just need to give time for things to fall into place.

2 Likes

Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Nickydrake(m): 12:23pm On Apr 01, 2012
April fool thingy. That's my bet too. grin
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 01, 2012
Well its nice,bcoz wit dis background,i can b on NL @nite.
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by omotayokay: 12:24pm On Apr 01, 2012
see this APRIL FOOLS..do u think Seun meant all wat he said? Wise up fools *winks*
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by MrResource(m): 12:25pm On Apr 01, 2012
Time to shine i guess.E be like say God dun bless me with Special eyes this New Month!
This new theme isn't that bad.
Am on mobile now,haven't seen it on PC.

Reverting to my blue font after this post angry angry.
If you blind,pele
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Pendie(f): 12:25pm On Apr 01, 2012
Seun: I made a big mistake with New Nairaland, by making the colours too bright, so for a while now I've been experimenting with this theme. I know this new look not perfect, but I think it's much better on the eyes. I will keep tweaking it over time to make it better.

As a scientist at heart , I tried to research the issues with the old theme in a objective manner. My conclusion was that the old theme was painful on the eyes primarily because bright colors bombard the eye with excess photons, causing over-excitement of the cornea, leading to pain after using the site for a few hours. For me initially, I didn't understand this because I only used the site for 30 minutes to an hour at a stretch, but some days ago after a long moderating session of about 2 hours my eyes started to water and I knew something was wrong, so I started working on less photonic theme with dark colors that are easy on the eye.

The way it works is that the background occupies a much larger area than the text, so if the background is dark and the text is light it reduces the number of photon bombarding your cornea and provides relief to any pent up tension in the eyeballs. So I inverted colors to retain the same pleasing blend of colors you're used to while reducing the photonic bombardment rate considerably.

I know that my scientific rather than artistic approach won't win people over instantly, but if after browsing for 2 hours you notice that your eyes are perfectly relaxed and not watering at all, I hope you'll understand why that's happening and appreciate it.

I don't know how it appears on you guys' device but the contrast is welcoming on my mobile. I like it.
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by damilola15: 12:25pm On Apr 01, 2012
osifred: ¶ bet ma 50cent dat its april fool
Looks like we're wearing the same thinking cap.
He couldn't have chosen a less flattering theme.
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by yhemzy(m): 12:25pm On Apr 01, 2012
Though the page not too fantastic but health wise I think it better.Big up to you seun
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by greedie1(f): 12:25pm On Apr 01, 2012
Oga seun, my eyes are watering . Did u say dis new look is eye friendly or is it jst my eyes?
The previous ones are much better pls
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by 4shizzle(f): 12:26pm On Apr 01, 2012
Definately an April fool prank!!!! Not nice.
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Akshow: 12:26pm On Apr 01, 2012
Dis must b seun's way of tellin us April fool. I bet e wil change dis hideous theme 2day
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Misterpaul(m): 12:26pm On Apr 01, 2012
This theme is good..i don't know why people are complaining..
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Reference(m): 12:29pm On Apr 01, 2012
Ok, who has spent upwards of three hours straight on this new theme and how are your eyes doing. And I mean normal people, not those on controlled substances, alcohol or endless consumption of dry garri without nuts.

2 Likes

Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by tivta(m): 12:31pm On Apr 01, 2012
Happy apirl fools day to you all. Am sure thats what seun means by putting this theme.
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Raxxye(m): 12:31pm On Apr 01, 2012
Oga, so u spend an average of 30mins, then off u go to bank to collect the proceeds from Nairaland, while dedicated guys and ladies stay on for hours, helping out, answering questions and making the site rich and interesting. Yet u don‘t care about their opinions. I don‘t know how to describe u, man. U simply....
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by kemiola89(f): 12:34pm On Apr 01, 2012
what is it about this april fool thing, just log on nairaland only 2 see another april fool joke awaiting me.
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Booty4me: 12:35pm On Apr 01, 2012
DAAAAAAMIT!!! Guyz where am i? WAW nl3, ewwwww Zoom offfff
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by bedane: 12:36pm On Apr 01, 2012
Any right thinking person should know this is an April fool. when he wanted to launch Nairaland 2 he tested it by posting a link where we could check it out. Whoever thinks Seun would go straight to put this up straight away without our input needs his/her head examined. @Seun sorry I did not fall for this I am too alert today.
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Spain007(m): 12:37pm On Apr 01, 2012
i got fed up since d very first theme change..,now another change,na wah oh.this one dey affect my eye personally and confusing.pls change to d previous theme.thanks
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Skanas(m): 12:37pm On Apr 01, 2012
wetin b this naaa...dis theme is jst confusin!Seun abeg,change dis rub-bish!
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by EEVICTOREE(m): 12:39pm On Apr 01, 2012
This themes is perfect for night mode...

Seun why not leave the old theme for daytime mode. And this new one for night mode..

Yawwnnnnnnn!.. I'm kinda sleepy with the new theme tongue
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 01, 2012
bandiejay: i went and check NL on Mobile now but looks good on the BB but damn i hate browsing on phone as for me i still prefer that OLD NL and that is my own suggestion but this present colour on laptop is dammmmn! rubbish angry
Which model are you using cos it looks like a high school student's fresco on my bold 4!
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by BizBooks(m): 12:39pm On Apr 01, 2012
I must be one of only a few people that actually like this colour
combination. Not because it is beautiful but because it is easier
on the eyes. I have spent the past 30 minutes reading the comments
here without any problem. I couldn't do that with the previous theme.

Unfortunately, every discerning mind will understand that this is an
April Fool's joke. If you read Seun's explanation for adopting this
colour combination on Page 0, you will clearly see that it is a joke.
He will revert to the old colours shortly, but I could be wrong.
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by dabrake(m): 12:40pm On Apr 01, 2012

seun, I'm highly disappointed in you. So despite our pleas, you decided to be rigid only for you to take actions immediately 'cause you happened to be a victim of our honest observations. You are just like our rulers who care less about her citizens. Now I know why dealfish kicked your sorry arse to the abyss. You have a very poor business sense. Sorry to type that but it's the #fact!

3 Likes

Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by jtkoko9(f): 12:40pm On Apr 01, 2012
OMG! What's this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Drunk Driver Kills Four Worshippers In Abeokuta, Ogun State. Photo / Hit And Run Honda Driver Kills A Man Today In Otukpo,Benue(Graphic Pics) / How Do I Politely Ask Someone To Leave My House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.