Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,137 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

Warri - Youths Rescue Kidnap Victim, Beat Kidnappers Mercilessly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Warri - Youths Rescue Kidnap Victim, Beat Kidnappers Mercilessly (6908 Views)

Saraki tells 3 Ex-Presidents, Influential Nigerians To Come To His Rescue-Nation / Jonathan Beats Buhari Mercilessly In New Campaign Advert (must See Photo) / Sokoto:how To Free Kidnap Victim In Nigeria. A Note For British Police By Musiwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warri - Youths Rescue Kidnap Victim, Beat Kidnappers Mercilessly by Beaf: 5:31pm On Apr 01, 2012
[size=14pt]Youths rescue kidnap victim in Delta, hand assailants to police[/size]
On March 31, 2012 · In News
12:13 am
By BY EMMA AMAIZE

VIGILANT youths in Udu Local Government Area of Delta State, weekend, rounded up two suspected kidnappers and successfully rescued an oil magnate, Chief Opharokekpare Ofigo, who was abducted by a four-man kidnap gang.

Saturday Vanguard gathered that the two kidnappers were beaten up mercilessly before they were handed over to the police.

Chief Ofigo, who is the owner of Ofigo Oil in Udu was said to have been kidnapped at Ubogo Junction at about 3.00 pm by a four-man gang, which stormed the petrol station and dragged him into their vehicle at gunpoint.

Some youths who were near the vicinity sensed that what just happened was a kidnap case, and immediately, the chairman of Udu Youths Wing of the Urhobo Progress Union, Comrade Sunday Subi ordered the youths to trail the kidnappers.

Luckily, they tracked them down to the Ukperheren water side where a member of the gang was waiting in a speed boat.

A fracas ensued between the youths and the kidnappers at the waterside during which two of them were overpowered and the hostage rescued. Chairman of Udu Youths, Comrade Subi , commended the youths for their gallantry, saying they should remain vigilant to discourage the growing business of kidnapping in the area.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/03/youths-rescue-kidnap-victim-in-delta-hand-assailants-to-police/
Re: Warri - Youths Rescue Kidnap Victim, Beat Kidnappers Mercilessly by Demdem(m): 5:44pm On Apr 01, 2012
Very Good development.
Re: Warri - Youths Rescue Kidnap Victim, Beat Kidnappers Mercilessly by sheyguy: 9:32pm On Apr 01, 2012
Hmmm!!! . . . A progressive and vibrant Delta state people indeed!!! after thousands have been kidnapped already . . .
Re: Warri - Youths Rescue Kidnap Victim, Beat Kidnappers Mercilessly by Abagworo(m): 9:58pm On Apr 01, 2012
That's the kind of news we need.
Re: Warri - Youths Rescue Kidnap Victim, Beat Kidnappers Mercilessly by nwabobo: 10:11pm On Apr 01, 2012
If Adamu Ciroma and Lawal Kaita should encourage this among their youths, boko haram woul be history

2 Likes

Re: Warri - Youths Rescue Kidnap Victim, Beat Kidnappers Mercilessly by Olaone1: 10:18pm On Apr 01, 2012
nwabobo: If Adamu Ciroma and Lawal Kaita should encourage this among their youths, boko haram woul be history
Weirdo! I asked you to modify your post. This forum will be hellish for you
Re: Warri - Youths Rescue Kidnap Victim, Beat Kidnappers Mercilessly by LailaIkeji1: 10:21pm On Apr 01, 2012
lol. gud one. warri no dey carry last at alll.
Re: Warri - Youths Rescue Kidnap Victim, Beat Kidnappers Mercilessly by maga1: 10:22pm On Apr 01, 2012
Guyz are not smiling.
Re: Warri - Youths Rescue Kidnap Victim, Beat Kidnappers Mercilessly by Yeske2(m): 10:30pm On Apr 01, 2012
nwabobo: If Adamu Ciroma and Lawal Kaita should encourage this among their youths, boko haram woul be history
Watch it bro
Re: Warri - Youths Rescue Kidnap Victim, Beat Kidnappers Mercilessly by nwabobo: 10:57pm On Apr 01, 2012
Ola one:
Weirdo! I asked you to modify your post. This forum will be hellish for you

So among other things, d gene for epilepsy was also transmitted to u by d rapis/t
Re: Warri - Youths Rescue Kidnap Victim, Beat Kidnappers Mercilessly by Nobody: 10:59pm On Apr 01, 2012
Omo Ale na ni iwulo ti e na.

1 Like

Re: Warri - Youths Rescue Kidnap Victim, Beat Kidnappers Mercilessly by agiboma(f): 11:07pm On Apr 01, 2012
wow good for those youth, they have definetly made a statemtn they wont tolerate kidnapping int heir State. Way too go!
Re: Warri - Youths Rescue Kidnap Victim, Beat Kidnappers Mercilessly by Olaone1: 11:24pm On Apr 01, 2012
nwabobo:

So among other things, d gene for epilepsy was also transmitted to u by d rapis/t
You have certainly lost your bearing.
This is what eating Chloroform-drenched 2.50 Peckham mackerel does to mares like you.

Son of a certified LovePeddler!
Re: Warri - Youths Rescue Kidnap Victim, Beat Kidnappers Mercilessly by 1virus(m): 11:47pm On Apr 01, 2012
And what's the security (police) men doing
Re: Warri - Youths Rescue Kidnap Victim, Beat Kidnappers Mercilessly by Detongue: 12:03am On Apr 02, 2012
I trust my ppl
Re: Warri - Youths Rescue Kidnap Victim, Beat Kidnappers Mercilessly by udezue(m): 2:22am On Apr 02, 2012
Good job.
Re: Warri - Youths Rescue Kidnap Victim, Beat Kidnappers Mercilessly by dayokanu(m): 5:26am On Apr 02, 2012
So this is what Delta state has turned into under the watch of the PDP
Re: Warri - Youths Rescue Kidnap Victim, Beat Kidnappers Mercilessly by pwilliams: 5:27am On Apr 02, 2012
shaggy: Hmmm!!! . . . A progressive and vibrant Delta state people indeed!!! after thousands have been kidnapped already . . .

I think u are an un appreciative fellow and I know if u were among does u ,u won't move an inch cos from ur comment u re very lazy and “big mouthed”and ur comment is not needed in a forum lyk dis where men are talking,naira land really need to watch d kind of personality de register lyk u,dot u think so
Re: Warri - Youths Rescue Kidnap Victim, Beat Kidnappers Mercilessly by femmy2010(m): 5:52am On Apr 02, 2012
A brave one by the youths.
Re: Warri - Youths Rescue Kidnap Victim, Beat Kidnappers Mercilessly by Bello555: 6:05am On Apr 02, 2012
It is said that security iss not for the police alone. Hoodlumps live within the society and we are best to know them by their suspicious moves. Warri boys have done well.

Or maybe that man dey settle area boys ooooo. Thats why dem follow am up. U might never know. They know the man will share enof cash. Nothing goes for nothing.
Re: Warri - Youths Rescue Kidnap Victim, Beat Kidnappers Mercilessly by gulfer: 6:19am On Apr 02, 2012
Good development! but I hope the youths will not turn around to re-abduct the oil magnate if he fails to pay up.
Re: Warri - Youths Rescue Kidnap Victim, Beat Kidnappers Mercilessly by Classique27(f): 6:20am On Apr 02, 2012
Wow, I'm surprised and impressed
Re: Warri - Youths Rescue Kidnap Victim, Beat Kidnappers Mercilessly by samyng(m): 6:21am On Apr 02, 2012
wow nine one...
Re: Warri - Youths Rescue Kidnap Victim, Beat Kidnappers Mercilessly by Ibangap(m): 7:03am On Apr 02, 2012
Wow,some disgrunted youths attacked and beaten by some settled youths. All na wash.grin grin
Re: Warri - Youths Rescue Kidnap Victim, Beat Kidnappers Mercilessly by Beaf: 7:46am On Apr 02, 2012
A lot of Nigeria's problems would be sorted if we could all react as bravely as those youths.
It would be fun to catch some corrupt punks and beat 7 devils out of them. cool
Re: Warri - Youths Rescue Kidnap Victim, Beat Kidnappers Mercilessly by onyewec3: 7:47am On Apr 02, 2012
dayokanu: So this is what Delta state has turned into under the watch of the PDP

Shut ur wide trap up if u've got nothing to contribute. Action congress is in charge of lagos,ogun,oyo yet its been ridden with area boys and lately armed robbers have turned ogun state to dere domain!
Re: Warri - Youths Rescue Kidnap Victim, Beat Kidnappers Mercilessly by nellywise(m): 7:47am On Apr 02, 2012
Its good that the youths in udu are actively helping distressed victims I hope they won't be released soon. Although being a deltan Udu is in a different local government from warri
Re: Warri - Youths Rescue Kidnap Victim, Beat Kidnappers Mercilessly by Beaf: 7:51am On Apr 02, 2012
nellywise: Its good that the youths in udu are actively helping distressed victims I hope they won't be released soon. Although being a deltan Udu is in a different local government from warri

Its practically the same town. Your argument is a bit like saying Effurun or Ogunu are not part of Warri. These places have become districts, suburbs etc of the growing city.
Re: Warri - Youths Rescue Kidnap Victim, Beat Kidnappers Mercilessly by jeffizy(m): 8:10am On Apr 02, 2012
Personally I applaud the courage of these youths. Its hightime we all took our safety into our own hands. At least till the police decide what uniform they will wear to the next crime scene.
Re: Warri - Youths Rescue Kidnap Victim, Beat Kidnappers Mercilessly by sheyguy: 8:16am On Apr 02, 2012
pwilliams:

I think u are an un appreciative fellow and I know if u were among does u ,u won't move an inch cos from ur comment u re very lazy and “big mouthed”and ur comment is not needed in a forum lyk dis where men are talking,naira land really need to watch d kind of personality de register lyk u,dot u think so
Really? What has been hindering our progressive and vibrant deltans from actions like this? Dem eye just dey open abi? ? ?
onyewec3:

Shut ur wide trap up if u've got nothing to contribute. Action congress is in charge of lagos,ogun,oyo yet its been ridden with area boys and lately armed robbers have turned ogun state to dere domain!
is ACN the opposite of PDP? How does ACN come into this thread now?

pwilliams:

Really? What has been hindering our progressive and vibrant deltans from actions like this? Dem eye just dey open abi? ? ?
Re: Warri - Youths Rescue Kidnap Victim, Beat Kidnappers Mercilessly by phadat(m): 8:18am On Apr 02, 2012
Warri no dey carry last grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen / Useless Life Nigerians Are Living In South Africa / EFCC Docks Usman Jibrin, Mshelia, And Ahmadu Over N600m fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.