Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Atheist? Come With Your Questions. - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist? Come With Your Questions. (16152 Views)

Atheist Come In And Check The Real Meaning of Faith. / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by bigd4050: 5:42am On Apr 20, 2012
thehomer:

I understand it well enough to have this discussion. You claimed to have read up on it from the link I presented to you but you showed that you didn't understand it. I need to know what it is that you think you understood to see if I can help you understand it better.

I accept the theory of evolution because of the evidence in support of it.

I understand your first post, but not your second. What does this have to do with how evolution explains the beginning of the world? Perhaps I missed something?
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 2:59pm On Apr 20, 2012
thehomer:

I understand it well enough to have this discussion. You claimed to have read up on it from the link I presented to you but you showed that you didn't understand it. I need to know what it is that you think you understood to see if I can help you understand it better

I accept the theory of evolution because of the evidence in support of it.
i dont understand the origin of evolution, kindly explain
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by thehomer: 7:31pm On Apr 20, 2012
bigd4050:

I understand your first post, but not your second. What does this have to do with how evolution explains the beginning of the world? Perhaps I missed something?

I never said evolution explains the beginning of the world. Just that it explains how humans came to be.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by thehomer: 7:31pm On Apr 20, 2012
snthesis:
i dont understand the origin of evolution, kindly explain

What do you mean by "the origin of evolution"? Evolution is a process not an organism.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 7:51pm On Apr 20, 2012
@theHomer
if Evolution doesnt explain the origin of life, how can you base your argument on Evolution
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by thehomer: 4:59am On Apr 21, 2012
snthesis: @theHomer
if Evolution doesnt explain the origin of life, how can you base your argument on Evolution

I don't need to precisely know the origin of life to know that humans appeared due to the theory of evolution. It is clear that there was a time on this earth when there were no humans but there are humans now.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by bigd4050: 6:51am On Apr 21, 2012
thehomer:

I never said evolution explains the beginning of the world. Just that it explains how humans came to be.

That is like saying science can explain how the butterfly came to be, but not the caterpillar. How can you explain one without the other?

Please show me? I've never heard how humans have come to be before from an atheistic viewpoint.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 21, 2012
bigd4050:

That is like saying science can explain how the butterfly came to be, but not the caterpillar. How can you explain one without the other?

Please show me? I've never heard how humans have come to be before from an atheistic viewpoint.
What did you want to know than God created man from dust? Is like you're not asking yourself how come about the dust - if you are using such analogy you wrote above to question Atheists. Indeed, your God must provide evidences of where he got what he used to create.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 9:22pm On Apr 21, 2012
all4naija: What did you want to know than God created man from dust? Is like you're not asking yourself how come about the dust - if you are using such analogy you wrote above to question Atheists. Indeed, your God must provide evidences of where he got what he used to create.
Bible 101 grin

Genesis 1
The Beginning
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 21, 2012
snthesis:
Bible 101 grin

Genesis 1
The Beginning
Create heavens and earth from what?
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 9:54pm On Apr 21, 2012
all4naija: Create heavens and earth from what?
ask Him, that is why He is God.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Kay17: 9:56pm On Apr 21, 2012
hisblud: if a creature was not self created it implies it was made, it has a Maker , a God.
now if a creature is self Created, then it is a God unto itself.
i have been following this and the bolded is a good logical argument. Please create a new thread on the above, atheist are not really tearing that argument apart, it looks its a watertight statement.[i][/i][b][/b]
@sthnesis

God is self caused?? We have agreed that's an absurdity
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 10:35pm On Apr 21, 2012
Kay 17:
@sthnesis

God is self caused?? [b}We[/b] have agreed that's an absurdity
we? u and who

btw wat makes it absurd?
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 21, 2012
I hav read everything in this thread and it really made me laugh. Now to answer those who say there is no God and they do not believe in him; let me explain it from this perspective. If you allow me to refer to the bible, u'd be convinced about the existence of God. God will neva appear in the sky and talk down at the earth or put his brand on the things he has made. He will neva do that. God said in the bible, Jeremiah 29v11 'if you seek and search for me with the whole of your heart, you will definitely find me'. He did not say you will find him if you complain on nairaland about his existence. You must seek to find. If you do not humble yourself and seek, u will neva find. Now if you do not believe the bible, you must believe in dark powers, dark magic. How then will you believe in dark magic without believing in God & if you do not believe in dark magic, you are in trouble. Trust me. In fact, to me, there's nothing like atheists. they are just a group of proud people who see themselves as too high to accept the lordship of anyone who is as supreme as God. If an average atheist sits and thinks deeply & humbly, there'll be stronger in the propagation of God's word.One thing is sure; whoever, whosoever, anyone who diligently seeks God wil surely find him. Finding him can be in form of experiencing impossible things, hearing his voice, spiritual revelations etc you just must have something to hold on to and get convinced that God is on the throne. Mr Atheist get down from your pride, be gentle hearted, diligently seek God, ask him to forgive you of disbelief and seek him. If you don't tell us on this thread someday of your personal encounter with God, then you have the right to say there is no God. But without seking God, it is utter foolishness to question his existence. Be careful. You might not be able to stand his wrath. Grace is still speaking for you. There's little to type with hands. I wish i could meet an atheist face to face.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by ea7(m): 11:02pm On Apr 21, 2012
holamiday: I hav read everything in this thread and it really made me laugh. Now to answer those who say there is no God and they do not believe in him; let me explain it from this perspective. If you allow me to refer to the bible, u'd be convinced about the existence of God. God will neva appear in the sky and talk down at the earth of put his brand on the things he has made. He will neva do that. God said in the bible, Jeremiah 29v11 'if you seek and search for me with the whole of your heart, you will definitely find me'. He did not say you will find him if you complain on nairaland about his existence. You must seek to find. If you do not humble yourself and seek, u will neva find. Now if you do not believe the bible, you must believe in dark powers, dark magic. How then will you believe in dark magic without believing in God & if you do not believe in dark magic, you are in trouble. Trust me. In fact, to me, there's nothing like atheists. they are just a group of proud people who see themselves as too high to accept the lordship of anyone who is as supreme as God. If an average atheist sits and thinks deeply & humbly, there'll be stronger in the propagation of God's word. There;s little to type with hands. I wish i could meet an atheist face to face.
yup atheists are proud, thats certainly it

Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Kay17: 12:52am On Apr 22, 2012
snthesis:
we? u and who

btw wat makes it absurd?
You are implying an effect before the cause
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by ea7(m): 12:57am On Apr 22, 2012
Kay 17:
You are implying an effect before the cause
he is just gonna go lalala im not listening or pull an argumentum ad nauseaum
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Nobody: 12:58am On Apr 22, 2012
snthesis:
ask Him, that is why He is God.
Sorry! He seems not to exist. Why can't you that believe in him ask in-behalf of me?
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by bigd4050: 6:03am On Apr 22, 2012
all4naija: What did you want to know than God created man from dust? Is like you're not asking yourself how come about the dust - if you are using such analogy you wrote above to question Atheists. Indeed, your God must provide evidences of where he got what he used to create.

You shouldn't argue about things you have no concept of. If God CREATED the UNIVERSE...he CREATED the MATERIALS to make the universe. There is no evidence of where he got it, he invented it all, created it all. he exists outside our universe, or he couldn't have created it.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by thehomer: 6:27am On Apr 22, 2012
bigd4050:

No it isn't. The caterpillar is the larval form of the butterfly while e.g the Homo erectus isn't a larval form of the modern human.

bigd4050:

I already told you that they evolved from earlier ancestors. For me to show you, I need you to first understand to some degree what the theory of evolution is.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by thehomer: 6:28am On Apr 22, 2012
snthesis: @theHomer

Because the theory of evolution is the best theory that tell us how modern humans came to be in a world previously without humans.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by thehomer: 6:30am On Apr 22, 2012
snthesis:
Bible 101 grin

Genesis 1
The Beginning

How long ago did God create the heavens and the earth?
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 8:37am On Apr 22, 2012
thehomer:

How long ago did God create the heavens and the earth?
dunno! ask Him
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by thehomer: 8:40am On Apr 22, 2012
snthesis:
dunno! ask Him

But you're the one who believes in him. Why don't you ask him? Or are you afraid of the answer you'll get?
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 8:40am On Apr 22, 2012
thehomer:

Because the theory of evolution is the best theory that tell us how modern humans came to be in a world previously without humans.
the Best theory? and yet you cant simply state what Evolution theory is all about.
btw- have you checked the meaning of a theory recently
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by thehomer: 8:45am On Apr 22, 2012
snthesis:
the Best theory? and yet you cant simply state what Evolution theory is all about.
btw- have you checked the meaning of a theory recently

Check out a nice summary of it here.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 8:48am On Apr 22, 2012
all4naija: Sorry! He seems not to exist. Why can you that believe in him ask in-behalf of me?
Good , we are progressing.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 8:48am On Apr 22, 2012
thehomer:

Check out a nice summary of it here.
please copy and paste the summary on this thread, thanks
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 8:53am On Apr 22, 2012
thehomer:

But you're the one who believes in him. Why don't you ask him? Or are you afraid of the answer you'll get?
a question should have a purpose? what is the purpose of this question? what is its relevance?
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 8:56am On Apr 22, 2012
ea7: he is just gonna go lalala im not listening or pull an argumentum ad nauseaum
these "intelligent" peeps sabi show off, abegi thanks for the new phrase grin
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by ea7(m): 9:08am On Apr 22, 2012
snthesis:
these "intelligent" peeps sabi show off, abegi thanks for the new phrase grin
argumentum ad nauseaum:repeating one argument over and over till your opponents drop away and then declaring you have won.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 9:11am On Apr 22, 2012
ea7: argumentum ad nauseaum:repeating one argument over and over till your opponents drop away and then declaring you have won.
dude, this isn't a competition.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Six Important Things You Should Care For On Earth / Death Toll In Anambra Church Stampede Rises To 52 / Houseboy In Edo Tortured Over Witchcraft Accusation (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.