Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,858 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Atheist? Come With Your Questions. - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist? Come With Your Questions. (16153 Views)

Atheist Come In And Check The Real Meaning of Faith. / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 1:52pm On Apr 13, 2012
thehomer:

Your question is irrelevant. Now that you know who Ganesha is, do you accept Ganesha?

definitely if Ganesha is the name of the God that made you,the heavens and the earth(everything under, on and above).

thehomer:

Are you ready to do some serious reading?

On evolution, are you also ready to do some reading? I'm not here to simply hand out lectures, I'm here to encourage you to learn and think about these basic concepts.
go on, i await
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 4:15pm On Apr 13, 2012
ea7: guys, using snthesis' logic I can argue that penguins are tv sets.
Sntheis sez: man makes things, therefore man must have been made.
Ea7 sez: penguins are black and white, old tvs are black and white, there fore, penguins are old tvs. TA DAH!!!

have u taken ur drugs today tongue
all i stated is very very plain

if a creature was not self created it implies it was made, it has a Maker , a God.
now if a creature is self Created, then it is a God unto itself.

ea7:
@snthesis you are obviously a christian, you opened a thread to@answer questions using logic*.
And refuse to answer questions about your own beleif, typical.
* Normal definitions may not apply here.

typical of Atheist, very confused ppl, one says proof God exist without Religion, yet another says proof God exist with religion

Martian: :

Ok, let me take a leap of faith say there is a "God". One "God".

Can you show us how we can know without.
1) Religious texts because we are not religious so those texts are like Harry potter.
2) Religious dogma/doctrine because of the same reasons listed.
3)AnecdoteS. You can't use them because extraordinary stories rquire extraordinary evidence. Unless you have "hard" emprical evidence, don't use them.
4)Personal beliefs are excluded because some of them can be ridiculous and irrational. Besides if you can't prove it, then it's just your personal BS.

Deal?

PS: DON'T QUOTE THE BIBLE AND THEN SAY, "IT'S NOT THE BIBLE, IT'S THE WORD".
SO DON'T QUOTE THE BIBLE OR "THE WORD" OR "THE WAY" OR "BASIC INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE LEAVING EARTH" OR "ANYOTHERFUCKINGNAMEYOUCANCOMEUPWITH"
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 4:19pm On Apr 13, 2012
Logic Mind: snthesis is a fraud that thinks he's intelligent. it's people like him that drove me from xtianity in the first place. keep it up.

what do you think about the dinosaurs?

you became a christian because of ppl small wonder you got lost bro, Christianity is a personal relationship between You and God, no more no less.

wats ur facination with Dinosaurs anyways my fav is T-rex very badt guy grin
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 4:21pm On Apr 13, 2012
logicboy: I got some questions myself;

What about the contradictions in the holy books and the fragmented nature of religion;
https://www.nairaland.com/913787/5-things-that-turn-christians
there are lots of "holy books" this thread has nothing to do with religion, just Logic and Common sense.

and i'll visit ur thread later, kinda busy.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by LogicMind: 6:15pm On Apr 13, 2012
snthesis:

you became a christian because of ppl small wonder you got lost bro, Christianity is a personal relationship between You and God, no more no less.

wats ur facination with Dinosaurs anyways my fav is T-rex very badt guy grin

how sweet is god's azz? can i try?
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by thehomer: 11:44pm On Apr 13, 2012
snthesis:
definitely if Ganesha is the name of the God that made you,the heavens and the earth(everything under, on and above).

What you're saying would also mean that Ganesha made you. Since you've now accepted Ganesha, I hope you've discarded the Christian God and become a Hindu.

go on, i await

Learning is an active process so you would need to show some signs that you're ready to learn. You can begin by getting some general knowledge from this site.

Please let me know if you have any problems.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 12:08pm On Apr 16, 2012
thehomer:

Learning is an active process so you would need to show some signs that you're ready to learn. You can begin by getting some general knowledge from this site.

Please let me know if you have any problems.
read it but as i said i dnt want to misintepret in what u believe- just state the basics of evolution on this thread. the origin of life.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Nobody: 12:51am On Apr 18, 2012
if a creature was not self created it implies it was made, it has a Maker , a God.
i have been following this and the bolded is a good logical argument. Please create a new thread on the above, atheist are not really tearing that argument apart, it looks its a watertight statement.[i][/i][b][/b]
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by unphilaz(m): 1:59am On Apr 18, 2012
[quote author=hisblud]if a creature was not self created it implies it was made, it has a Maker , a God.
Funny equation
A is creature, therefore
Premise 1
(A not => A) = God OR
Premise 2
(A = god) since A => A wink
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by bigd4050: 7:09am On Apr 18, 2012
Ok, let's try to move away from whatever snthesis is saying. If he were the leading force in the world for defending the existence of God, Christianity would be doomed. Being raised in a Christian environment, I've head all the arguments for God's existence. Recently, I've started wanting to hear what evolutionists think about certain things. So...I guess more out of curiosity than a want of debate, what are all of your arguments for how a universe and matter could be formed from nothing, and how do you refute irreducible complexity?
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 18, 2012
bigd4050: Ok, let's try to move away from whatever snthesis is saying. If he were the leading force in the world for defending the existence of God, Christianity would be doomed. Being raised in a Christian environment, I've head all the arguments for God's existence. Recently, I've started wanting to hear what evolutionists think about certain things. So...I guess more out of curiosity than a want of debate, what are all of your arguments for how a universe and matter could be formed from nothing, and how do you refute irreducible complexity?
What do you think of gravity and fundamentals? Indeed, there is nothing peculiar to imaginary being creating all these because it doesn't add(which would require more inquisition). It makes more sense to think universe came out of minutest point of infinity and gradually evolved into what we have now and it is still evolving.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by bigd4050: 12:03am On Apr 19, 2012
all4naija: What do you think of gravity and fundamentals? Indeed, there is nothing peculiar to imaginary being creating all these because it doesn't add(which would require more inquisition). It makes more sense to think universe came out of minutest point of infinity and gradually evolved into what we have now and it is still evolving.

Your telling me what you just said makes sense? Where did that minutest point of infinity come from? How was that formed out of nothing. It couldn't have just appeared. To me that doesn't add up. If God does exist, which I know you don't believe..but if he did, at least that is a logical reason for the earth being formed. Yours doesn't make any sense at all no matter how you look at it. Now, about that irreducible complexity?
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Nobody: 12:08am On Apr 19, 2012
bigd4050:

[b]Your telling me what you just said makes sense? [/b]Where did that minutest point of infinity come from? How was that formed out of nothing. It couldn't have just appeared. To me that doesn't add up. If God does exist, which I know you don't believe..but if he did, at least that is a logical reason for the earth being formed. Yours doesn't make any sense at all no matter how you look at it. Now, about that irreducible complexity?

I am telling you it makes more sense than your creator! You lacked comprehension. Infinity at its minutest point which in a sense exist after/before creator.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by bigd4050: 12:10am On Apr 19, 2012
all4naija:

I am telling you it makes more sense than your creator! You lacked comprehension. Infinity at its minutest point which in a sense exist after creator.

That most certainly doesn't make sense. Your saying something can come from nothing, which breaks one of your own scientific laws! You lack understanding of your own beliefs. And what does "in a sense exist after creator" mean? Are you admitting that God does exist? If so, then your argument is lost. If your saying he doesn't exist, then your still wrong because you aren't making statements in line with the rest of your atheistic beliefs.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Nobody: 12:16am On Apr 19, 2012
bigd4050:

That most certainly doesn't make sense. Your saying something can come from nothing, which breaks one of your own scientific laws! You lack understanding of your own beliefs. And what does "in a sense exist after creator" mean? Are you admitting that God does exist? If so, then your argument is lost. If your saying he doesn't exist, then your still wrong because you aren't making statements in line with the rest of your atheistic beliefs.
That is what you scriptures prove your god created things out of(god spoke). But I am saying infinity at its minutest point is not nothing excepting you are trying to make me believe here it is.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by bigd4050: 12:19am On Apr 19, 2012
all4naija: That is what you scriptures prove your god created things out of(god spoke). But I am saying infinity at its minutest point is not nothing excepting you are trying to make me believe here it is.

I never said it was nothing, but how does even the smallest particle begin to exist OUT OF NOTHING. An all-powerful God can speak things into existence, that is not difficult to understand.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Nobody: 12:40am On Apr 19, 2012
bigd4050:

I never said it was nothing, but how does even the smallest particle begin to exist OUT OF NOTHING. An all-powerful God can speak things into existence, that is not difficult to understand.
That I cannot tell you. Science is still searching,maybe, with time it would come to be proven. I like your assertion with "all-powerful god" yet its creation is highly questionable and imperfect.That's like somebody who's hallucinating speaking.For god as speculated in the bible is just another human imagination. A fairy tale!
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by thehomer: 2:29am On Apr 19, 2012
snthesis:
read it but as i said i dnt want to misintepret in what u believe- just state the basics of evolution on this thread. the origin of life.

Looks like you didn't read it well because the theory of evolution doesn't talk about the origin of life. So we can begin by you telling me what you understood from what you read so I can see how to help you correct your wrong ideas.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Nobody: 3:25am On Apr 19, 2012
There is something I would quickly like to clarify here, that I am not against any religion but the truth be told the way it is - that it is tradition.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by bigd4050: 5:55am On Apr 19, 2012
all4naija: That I cannot tell you. Science is still searching,maybe, with time it would come to be proven. I like your assertion with "all-powerful god" yet its creation is highly questionable and imperfect.That's like somebody who's hallucinating speaking.For god as speculated in the bible is just another human imagination. A fairy tale!

The perfect life is not here, friend. It is in heaven. Life here was good, until we as humans sinned and screwed it all up. Its amazing to me that you believe in something that has not been proven, yet you claim to be all about the facts. That is a contradiction. Don't tell me that my belief in wrong when you can't even make a logical statement as to why what you believe is correct.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 19, 2012
bigd4050:

The perfect life is not here, friend. It is in heaven. Life here was good, until we as humans sinned and screwed it all up. Its amazing to me that you believe in something that has not been proven, yet you claim to be all about the facts. That is a contradiction. Don't tell me that my belief in wrong when you can't even make a logical statement as to why what you believe is correct.
Has your god be proven? He asked me a question which has no proven answer. It is like asking you who created god? Stop preaching about fairy tale. It might be of comfort to you,though, not me. My hope is in existence, life as it is meant to be,a reality.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by bigd4050: 8:02am On Apr 19, 2012
all4naija: Has your god be proven? He asked me a question which has no proven answer. It is like asking you who created god? Stop preaching about fairy tale. It might be of comfort to you,though, not me. My hope is in existence, life as it is meant to be,a reality.

It seems like you have now switched topics. Do you have nothing left to say about before, and you are admitting your wrong?

Unless your response was your question "it is like asking you who created god?" In which case I would say that God cannot be defined by science since he created it. You on the other hand, are left to explain your beliefs with science, since that is what you depend on for all your information. Since that which you depend on is unable to explain what you believe, your still stuck in the same spot on this one.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 19, 2012
bigd4050:

It seems like you have now switched topics. Do you have nothing left to say about before, and you are admitting your wrong?

Unless your response was your question "it is like asking you who created god?" In which case I would say that God cannot be defined by science since he created it. You on the other hand, are left to explain your beliefs with science, since that is what you depend on for all your information. Since that which you depend on is unable to explain what you believe, your still stuck in the same spot on this one.
You tend to complicate issue rather complicate yourself. I can't see your argument here. I made my point clear I can't not explain what the origin of the beginning is. It is frustrating to see that you are the one comfortable with fairy tales than proves of reality. I believe in reality not some abstract beings and places of nirvana which don't exist.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by bigd4050: 8:16am On Apr 19, 2012
all4naija: You tend to complicate issue rather complicate yourself. I can't see your argument here. I made my point clear I can't not explain what the origin of the beginning is. It is frustrating to see that you are the one comfortable with fairy tales than proves of reality. I believe in reality not some abstract beings and places of nirvana which don't exist.

1) Who said I believe in Nirvana? I don't, so don't put words in my mouth.

2) The difference is that my logic doesn't depend solely on science. I have an explanation for the beginning of the world, and you do not. So until you provide some sort of explanation, I don't see much of an argument either. In order to debate that evolution is the truth, you have to have some kind of truth to stand on. You don't.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 19, 2012
bigd4050:

1) Who said I believe in Nirvana? I don't, so don't put words in my mouth.

2) The difference is that my logic doesn't depend solely on science. I have an explanation for the beginning of the world, and you do not. So until you provide some sort of explanation, I don't see much of an argument either. In order to debate that evolution is the truth, you have to have some kind of truth to stand on. You don't.
Having a perception doesn't mean it is the truth. Your explanation for the beginning of the world is different from the origin of the beginning. Stop pointing to misleading terms to defend your beliefs.Now, what's your explanation for the origin of the beginning?
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by bigd4050: 8:58am On Apr 19, 2012
all4naija: Having a perception doesn't mean it is the truth. Your explanation for the beginning of the world is different from the origin of the beginning. Stop pointing to misleading terms to defend your beliefs.Now, what's your explanation for the origin of the beginning?

I am using normal language to debate. Since you want the answer, why don't you explain to me what the origin of the beginning is and how it is different than the beginning of the world is?
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 9:30am On Apr 19, 2012
hisblud: if a creature was not self created it implies it was made, it has a Maker , a God.
i have been following this and the bolded is a good logical argument. Please create a new thread on the above, atheist are not really tearing that argument apart, it looks its a watertight statement.[i][/i][b][/b]
i would try and do that. they 'atheist" know the truth anyways instead they choose to be blind
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by bigd4050: 9:44am On Apr 19, 2012
snthesis:
i would try and do that. they 'atheist" know the truth anyways instead they choose to be blind

Stop. This kind of response is what makes Christians look dumb. All you did is insult. There were no logical facts, no nothing. How does a post like this benefit the conversation in any way?
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 10:39am On Apr 19, 2012
thehomer:

Looks like you didn't read it well because the theory of evolution doesn't talk about the origin of life. So we can begin by you telling me what you understood from what you read so I can see how to help you correct your wrong ideas.
u r in d best position to explain ur belief/or lack of it. anyways since u state Evolution doent talk about the origin of Life, y do u believe in it as d basis of our existence?
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 10:43am On Apr 19, 2012
bigd4050:

Stop. This kind of response is what makes Christians look dumb. All you did is insult. There were no logical facts, no nothing. How does a post like this benefit the conversation in any way?

whr is d insult
this thread has been based on logic allthrough, i avoided the use of religion to make my points, so i really dnt get ur ish
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by LogicMind: 10:50am On Apr 19, 2012
snthesis:

whr is d insult
this thread has been based on logic allthrough, i avoided the use of religion to make my points, so i really dnt get ur ish

lol
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by thehomer: 1:52pm On Apr 19, 2012
snthesis:
u r in d best position to explain ur belief/or lack of it.

I understand it well enough to have this discussion. You claimed to have read up on it from the link I presented to you but you showed that you didn't understand it. I need to know what it is that you think you understood to see if I can help you understand it better.

snthesis:
anyways since u state Evolution doent talk about the origin of Life, y do u believe in it as d basis of our existence?

I accept the theory of evolution because of the evidence in support of it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Death Toll In Anambra Church Stampede Rises To 52 / Six Important Things You Should Care For On Earth / Ramlocator: An App That Leads You Where The Sallah Rams Are

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.