Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Wayne Rooney: World Player Of The Year 2008! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Wayne Rooney: World Player Of The Year 2008! (2513 Views)

Wayne Rooney 'slept With Prostitute While Wife Coleen Was Pregnant' / Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 / C. Ronaldo Is The World Footballer Of The Year [2008] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wayne Rooney: World Player Of The Year 2008! by Priscila(f): 4:13pm On Mar 25, 2006
I say 2008! because Ronaldinho has the title till 2007, no fumbling on that pleaseee!
Now on Rooney, I judge he gives his best performance at Man U especially at his age of 20. Men! when was the last time you saw a team with 28 goal attempts to the opponents three? That was Man U to Newcastle courtesy of Rooney in the Recent match,
Rooney's shot made Newcastle's Scott Parker woozy and even Man U captain Neville found himself in the way of another Rooney shot that sent him to the ground with a thud, he got up to see if his teeth were intact. At 20 I predict this man 2008 world player. I thank him for curing Man U's broken heart, am not their fan tho.

Lest I forget , someone tell me why Thiery Henry din't get the second prize after Ronaldinho. I have never seen defenders who appear capable of dealing with him especially the LiverPool defence. Why was that prize given to Lampard who is not even half of henry? Please I need your answers. If Henry is still young, then he will one day win a world title.

Another predictable world player of the year is 18 yr old Cesc Fabregas. That guy appear not to be silenced by any defender from any team.

Thats all I ve to say for now and if you think am dreaming my dreams come true ever since I was young.
Let me here your own stuff, and please! lets not come out defending teams even if u are a fan to the core, its on good players from any team.

Another question! Why is it that no defender happens to be the World player of the year. I want Kolo Toure to have that title. na mi oo I like his defence
Predict the future World players !
Re: Wayne Rooney: World Player Of The Year 2008! by vichel(m): 6:35pm On Mar 25, 2006
In his dreams tongue
Re: Wayne Rooney: World Player Of The Year 2008! by whitesoftx(m): 6:42pm On Mar 25, 2006
@Vichel

Ditto! grin
Re: Wayne Rooney: World Player Of The Year 2008! by Skidoc(m): 7:48pm On Mar 25, 2006
I'm glad Eto'o came third for this year. As for the title, you might want to say FIFA world player of the year or World footballer of the year. World player of the year could be Basketball, baseball or 'player' as in casanova of babes. grin grin
Re: Wayne Rooney: World Player Of The Year 2008! by Badman888(m): 8:08pm On Mar 25, 2006
i like wayne rooney but he wont be the best player unless they dashed it to him
Re: Wayne Rooney: World Player Of The Year 2008! by nightrider: 8:37pm On Mar 25, 2006
wayne rooney world player of the year 2008grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Wayne Rooney: World Player Of The Year 2008! by Akolawole(m): 1:49am On Mar 26, 2006
He has the ability to do it if he removes his street boy attitude.
Re: Wayne Rooney: World Player Of The Year 2008! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 2:35am On Mar 26, 2006
No he doesnt have the ability,
But he can win because of the populace vote, i think of at least 100 players who r skillfully, tactifully better then Wayne Rooney
He is good because of one asset his stength, and he kicks the ball clean
He should have played rugby he would have been more fit for the sport
Re: Wayne Rooney: World Player Of The Year 2008! by c0dec(m): 8:11am On Mar 26, 2006
he can be the world player of the year no doubt but he has to leave england. he'll be welcome at Juve, if there's space.
Re: Wayne Rooney: World Player Of The Year 2008! by jogego(m): 2:11pm On Mar 26, 2006
Please don't make me laugh. one word.

Hype,

Hype from the British media much as they proclaim the English league to be the best in the world and we all know that aint true.
Re: Wayne Rooney: World Player Of The Year 2008! by avarose(f): 9:43pm On Mar 26, 2006
Rooney world player of the year you must be joking!! grin grin grin grin grin . He is a good player alright but he hardly qualifies to win the best player even in ten years to come.I think someone like robinho would be better.
Re: Wayne Rooney: World Player Of The Year 2008! by Akolawole(m): 2:51pm On Mar 27, 2006
What has Robinho done recently?

All those flicks dont make you the best player.
Re: Wayne Rooney: World Player Of The Year 2008! by Priscila(f): 12:25pm On Mar 28, 2006
@ all people
No one is really giving me a satisfactory answer why Rooney cant clinch the title. I smell you all hate Man u but why?
Again read my first paragraphs and answer all those questions I asked. Everyone is just running away from the truth. Dont let me down
Re: Wayne Rooney: World Player Of The Year 2008! by Badman888(m): 12:43pm On Mar 28, 2006
No am a Man U fan, but the only thing he can do is move left and right shoot and score, how can he be player of the year
Re: Wayne Rooney: World Player Of The Year 2008! by Akolawole(m): 12:54pm On Mar 28, 2006
@Priscilla

If everyone is running away from truth, definitely NOT me.

If he has a very good tornament in the world cup, he may even win it this year.

He has the ability to win it but his street-boy attitude is the problem.

He is growing up though.
Re: Wayne Rooney: World Player Of The Year 2008! by nightrider: 1:51pm On Mar 28, 2006
even if rooney scores 90 goals in the world cup and becomes honorary fifa president , he can never win world footbaler of the year while playing in england. if he wants to win it he has to move to spain or italy. look at the politics that happened to thierry henry. EPL Players come second
Re: Wayne Rooney: World Player Of The Year 2008! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 12:55am On Mar 29, 2006
Lets Get Real, Rooney does not possess the God given Talent to ever be Footballer of the Year
But i personally believe Majority of Enlish Players are OVerrated (Beckham, Neville Brothers, Lampard, )
Re: Wayne Rooney: World Player Of The Year 2008! by Akolawole(m): 1:26am On Mar 29, 2006
@NightRider

I cant believe you will mix emotion with Facts.

Being Arsenal supporter shouldnt be a yardstick for your opinion.

When does Arsenal deserve it?

Before one can win it, they will look at the player's contribution to his National team and club. Period!

Rooney is highly talented, i have been watching him since his Everton days. He is good but he was formerly a Street boy which affected his attitude.

@Josboy4Life

How many of his matches have you watched?

Have you seen him play in a major competition?
Re: Wayne Rooney: World Player Of The Year 2008! by nightrider: 9:37am On Mar 29, 2006
kola

henry scored Thirty goals in one season and 20 assists both are unbroken records to lead arsnal to an unbeaten run the first in almost a hundred years. He deserved to be world footballer of the year. But instead because all the winners must come from italian or spanish league, it was given to ronaldinho. who did not even win a trophy that year.

Ronaldinho was inspirational yes, but he couldn't win the title with barca, on what grounds did he then win world footballer of the year. he wasn't better than henry that year. It was pure cheating.

So if rooney wan'ts to win it, he should move to italian or spanish league, where they can cheat for him. As long as he is in EPL the best he can come is second even if he deserves to be first
Re: Wayne Rooney: World Player Of The Year 2008! by Akolawole(m): 10:29am On Mar 29, 2006
nightrider:

kola

henry scored Thirty goals in one season and 20 assists both are unbroken records to lead arsnal to an unbeaten run the first in almost a hundred years. He deserved to be world footballer of the year. But instead because all the winners must come from italian or spanish league, it was given to ronaldinho. who did not even win a trophy that year.

Ronaldinho was inspirational yes, but he couldn't win the title with barca, on what grounds did he then win world footballer of the year. he wasn't better than henry that year. It was pure cheating.

So if rooney wan'ts to win it, he should move to italian or spanish league, where they can cheat for him. As long as he is in EPL the best he can come is second even if he deserves to be first

In the year you are reffering to, what did Henry win for Arsenal? Just Premiership.
What did he win for France? Nothing

Please dont put sentiment in this matter.
Re: Wayne Rooney: World Player Of The Year 2008! by nightrider: 11:08am On Mar 29, 2006
Akolawole:

In the year you are reffering to, what did Henry win for Arsenal? Just Premiership.
What did he win for France? Nothing

Please don't put sentiment in this matter.

and what did ronaldinho win for barcelona, nothing and what did he win for brazil nothing?
barca came second in the league. all ronaldinho did that year was inspire them with goals and beautiful tricks.

henry was everything for arsenal and led them to an unbeaten ( i dnt think you fully comprehend wat it means for a team to go unbeaten in a league a whole season) . if henry was playing in madrid and he had done dat. he would have won the world footballer of the year. But he was cheated out bcuz he plays in epl
Re: Wayne Rooney: World Player Of The Year 2008! by Priscila(f): 11:35am On Mar 29, 2006
@ everyone
Now you are talking! Lets go on with the same path.
Re: Wayne Rooney: World Player Of The Year 2008! by pie1ect(m): 12:28pm On Mar 29, 2006
@ Priscila
Thanks for starting this topic.
We do have some very uninspiring threads on this board.
I can see this is going to be another good debate.

@Akolawole

I don't get your point. If you say Nightrider is being sentimental for picking Henry ahead of Ronny for the award [b]that [/b]year, then your interpretation of "sentiment" must be different to mine.

For crying out loud, Ronaldinho won absolutely NOTHING in the 2003/04 season. Barca finished second in their league, crashing out of Europe and their domestic cup. It wasn't exactly an eventful year for Brazil either.

On the other hand, Henry finished the season in England with a Premiership winners' medal having [b]LED [/b]his team through an unbeaten campaign. Henry finished the season with 30 league goals, winning two domestic individual awards to boot. France also did not have an eventful year, as well.

Bottomline, Henry achieved a lot more than Ronaldinho that season and if the WPOTY award had been given based on achievements and your influence on your team, then there is no way Henry would have come second to Ronaldinho.

As for Rooney, I don't think he has the quality to win the WPOTY award. Not now, not in the next 5-6 years. I don't hate the boy, I just don't believe he's as good as Man Utd. fans and a section of the media would have us believe.
Re: Wayne Rooney: World Player Of The Year 2008! by nightrider: 12:38pm On Mar 29, 2006
i think rooney was super fantastic before he came to Man-U.

at Man-u he is just good, not as daring and aggressive in his play as he used to be. tatics has gotten the bettr of his skill
Re: Wayne Rooney: World Player Of The Year 2008! by Akolawole(m): 12:39pm On Mar 29, 2006
pie1ect:

As for Rooney, I don't think he has the quality to win the WPOTY award. Not now, not in the next 5-6 years. I don't hate the boy, I just don't believe he's as good as Man Utd. fans and a section of the media would have us believe.

I am not a Manchester United fan but i have to  be objective.

I rest my case for now on this thread.
Re: Wayne Rooney: World Player Of The Year 2008! by tipsy289(m): 8:31pm On Mar 29, 2006
@ priscila
2008,do u think its just Rooney everyone will be watchn,he will be somewhere maybe next year He could be top five world footballers but as time is slippin,there are other people coming up.
Fabregas, World footballer or close 2008, lipsrsealed abeg,you did not even talk about Reyes or Pires on their team,talkless of Europe,priscilla this guy's tym is not 2008,though he's 17,will see him come up in 3 years or more.
Re: Wayne Rooney: World Player Of The Year 2008! by sage(m): 6:06am On Mar 30, 2006
I dont think anybody playing in the EPl will ever win a world player of the year
Re: Wayne Rooney: World Player Of The Year 2008! by Priscila(f): 8:22am On Mar 30, 2006
Sage.
You mean no one has ever won a Fifa player of the year award from England? or even a European player award? then it might be a disciplinary problem I guess.
I ve not heard anything wrong Makelele or Henry have done in England. I hope its not out of malice or being biased.
Rooney, Lampard, Henry,are such good players
Re: Wayne Rooney: World Player Of The Year 2008! by lordimpaq(m): 8:38am On Mar 31, 2006
tipsy289:

@ priscila
2008,do u think its just Rooney everyone will be watchn,he will be somewhere maybe next year He could be top five world footballers but as time is slippin,there are other people coming up.
Fabregas, World footballer or close 2008, lipsrsealed abeg,you did not even talk about Reyes or Pires on their team,talkless of Europe,priscilla this guy's time is not 2008,though he's 17,will see him come up in 3 years or more.

point of correction rooney is not 17,
Re: Wayne Rooney: World Player Of The Year 2008! by Priscila(f): 12:21pm On Mar 31, 2006
Rooney is 20!
thats why he has along way to go.

Note: Rooney pics pls
Re: Wayne Rooney: World Player Of The Year 2008! by lordimpaq(m): 2:49pm On Mar 31, 2006
@priscilia

here u are

Re: Wayne Rooney: World Player Of The Year 2008! by lordimpaq(m): 2:54pm On Mar 31, 2006
may be this ones are better

(1) (2) (Reply)

Real Definition Of Football Barcelona Fc / Arsenal Vs Hull City [3 - 0]On Saturday 19th Dec 2009 / Lionel Messi Updated Medals 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.