Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,309 members, 7,836,348 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees (14447 Views)

Dickson,alamieyeseigha Ordered Out Of Jonathan's Meeting With PDP Board Of Trust / PDP Board Of Trustees Hold Meeting With Jonathan In Otuoke / APC Appoints 3 Youth Members Into Its Board Of Trustees (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 03, 2012
Obasanjo Resigns As PDP BOT Chairman

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/download/674221[/img]

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has resigned as chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Peoples Democratic Party.

In a statement he personally signed and made exclusively available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja on Tuesday, Obasanjo said he had sent the letter of resignation to the chairman of the party.

``I have formally sent in my letter of resignation as the Chairman of BOT of PDP to the National Chairman of the party as prescribed in the party’s constitution,’’ he said.

The former president added: ``‘I have formally requested the President to allow my bowing out and to issue a short statement to that effect.

‘‘By relieving myself of the responsibility for chairmanship of BOT of PDP, I will have a bit more time to devote to the international demand on me.’’

He further said that the step would give him time ‘‘to give some attention to mentoring across the board nationally and internationally in those areas that I have acquired some experience, expertise and in which I have something to share’’.

Obasanjo said his exit would afford him more time to develop ‘my Presidential Library and to mobilising and encouraging investment in Nigeria and Africa.’

He noted that before the last general elections, he believed that if PDP produced the President, it would be time for him to reduce his partisan political activities.

Obasanjo recalled that he was actively involved in bringing forth ‘my successor president from PDP in 2007.

`‘In 2011, I was in the vanguard of working for PDP to produce a president for Nigeria. God answered our prayer.

www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/21112/2012/04/03/obasanjo_resigns_pdp_bot_chairman.html
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by Johnny(m): 7:55pm On Apr 03, 2012
I dont know if this‘s true but BABA has put a solid structure on ground that he can afford to go home &sleep with his two eyes closed.......PDP &Nigeria in general can no longer be hijacked by miscreants,holigans &retardens like ATIKU,TINUBU & IBB....Baba,go &sleep,all is well!
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by chuks49(m): 7:59pm On Apr 03, 2012
Suppressing recalcitrant core north can be termed as a life time achievement of OBJ.
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by djustice: 9:07pm On Apr 03, 2012
The only loose end Baba left behind is the scallywag that calls himself Bola Ahmed Tinubu. No worries sha, he left enough arsenal behind to deal with the bastard (fact, not insult).

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by OAM4J: 9:54pm On Apr 03, 2012
Well about time. . . makes no difference to the price of garri though.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by Nobody: 10:02pm On Apr 03, 2012
International demands ko, heavenly bells ni
Anyway, a good one for GEJ

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by Mr9iceGuy(m): 10:07pm On Apr 03, 2012
go and relax enjoy your 8yrs loot of nigerias treasure, u resign make I clap for u? Mtchewwwwwwww

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by Yujin(m): 10:07pm On Apr 03, 2012
I am not OBJ's fan but I must say that he surely has made a name for himself. Posterity shall surely reveal more of this personality who to me is a mystery. May God add more years to him until the shackles of the bondmasters is finally dismantled. Baba is still on top coolI am not OBJ's fan but I must say that he surely has made a name for himself. Posterity shall surely reveal more of this personality who to me is a mystery. May God add more years to him until the shackles of the bondmasters is finally dismantled. Baba is still on top

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by saska1122: 10:10pm On Apr 03, 2012
I wish I have the opportunity to ask BABA OBJ what international demands he is talking about.
U better stay put in your Ota farm and reconcile your life with eternity.
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by Mayflowa(m): 10:11pm On Apr 03, 2012
His action was so unpredictable. He caught everyone on aware. So it isn't do or die affair for him afterall!
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by Nobody: 10:14pm On Apr 03, 2012
in your dreams! to uncle sege the bot job is a matter of life and death.
who will replace him?
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by crusufixo(m): 10:16pm On Apr 03, 2012
Tired of the national cake ?, i guess so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:16pm On Apr 03, 2012
OBJ though a hard-nut always manages somehow to reach a respectable resolute. Supposing the story is true. The man killed alot; second only to IBB or on the same level.
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by senben(m): 10:21pm On Apr 03, 2012
Baba has really done a lot in putting this Niaja as its, well it is a humble bow out as it sounds I still dey laugh...'if Baba wey dey fite for 3rd term come say him dey bow out den I dey laugh' I wish U well in Ur future endeavor...
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by scribble: 10:24pm On Apr 03, 2012
saska1122: I wish I have the opportunity to ask BABA OBJ what international demands he is talking about.

perhaps you've heard of the coup d'etat and destabilization of democratic rule in Mali? I bet a statesman like Obasanjo can come and add value there, or do you prefer an imperialistic powers like France handle it for us?
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by MeGaStReEt: 10:26pm On Apr 03, 2012
Baba don chop tire make money kno con go even suffocate the old man. next!
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by iiiyyyk(m): 10:26pm On Apr 03, 2012
thank GOD, HE is not perfect but i think he has tried. very intelligent man
leave when the ovation is high.
I strongly believe PDP's power is coming to an end. but what im yet to grab is how it will leave nigeria. in peace/piece or pieces.
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by mangbede: 10:28pm On Apr 03, 2012
I dey laf ooo....
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by 1025: 10:28pm On Apr 03, 2012
I dont know if this‘s true but BABA has put a solid structure on ground that he can afford to go home &sleep with his two eyes closed.......PDP &Nigeria in general can no longer be hijacked by miscreants,holigans &retardens like ATIKU,TINUBU & IBB....Baba,go &sleep,all is well!

@johnny,
this is typical nigerian - celebration of failure. what do you understand by the word STRUCTURE?
in all his greatness, nigeria does not have a standard police force, we have no independent and efficient judiciary, we have no light, no water, no roads, we have an educational system that cannot accommodate even the children of chairmen of local govt areas talk less of commissioners and ministers, we have no security. we don't have an airline, no single multinational company apart from those stealing our oil.
my prayer is that u wrote all these trash out of ignorance rather than pretence.
if i may ask, is the structure u mentioned the structure of stealing which has been made part of this pdp led govt?
those who trade on goats come here to write as if they are discussing with goats. you are proud of a structure that has produced multi talent criminals in the name of politicians.
do u think obasanjo has a home where he can sleep with his two eyes closed? u are making a mistake, the son whose wife he defiled will start from where he stopped.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by ABsI1: 10:32pm On Apr 03, 2012
S@NNiE:
Obasanjo Resigns As PDP BOT Chairman

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/download/674221[/img]

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has resigned as chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Peoples Democratic Party.

In a statement he personally signed and made exclusively available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja on Tuesday, Obasanjo said he had sent the letter of resignation to the chairman of the party.

``I have formally sent in my letter of resignation as the Chairman of BOT of PDP to the National Chairman of the party as prescribed in the party’s constitution,’’ he said.

The former president added: ``‘I have formally requested the President to allow my bowing out and to issue a short statement to that effect.

‘‘By relieving myself of the responsibility for chairmanship of BOT of PDP, I will have a bit more time to devote to the international demand on me.’’

He further said that the step would give him time ‘‘to give some attention to mentoring across the board nationally and internationally in those areas that I have acquired some experience, expertise and in which I have something to share’’.

Obasanjo said his exit would afford him more time to develop ‘my Presidential Library and to mobilising and encouraging investment in Nigeria and Africa.’

He noted that before the last general elections, he believed that if PDP produced the President, it would be time for him to reduce his partisan political activities.

Obasanjo recalled that he was actively involved in bringing forth ‘my successor president from PDP in 2007.

`‘In 2011, I was in the vanguard of working for PDP to produce a president for Nigeria. God answered our prayer.

www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/21112/2012/04/03/obasanjo_resigns_pdp_bot_chairman.html

Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by Obiagu1(m): 10:35pm On Apr 03, 2012
I'm not wishing anyone death but the day OBJ and IBB exit this world is the day Nigeria will start anew. Two men that have used their immense power to strangulate Nigeria.
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by ABsI1: 10:40pm On Apr 03, 2012
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has humbled you out of partisan politics sha. Glory to GodAlmighty&good development. Bola Tinubu,BEWARE.the UNSTOPPABLE ABS ARMY from Ilorin Afonja LAY SIEGE UPON U,ur POLITICS&TERRITORY.
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by ABsI1: 10:43pm On Apr 03, 2012
djustice: The only loose end Baba left behind is the scallywag that calls himself Bola Ahmed Tinubu. No worries sha, he left enough arsenal behind to deal with the bastard (fact, not insult).
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by gururguy: 10:49pm On Apr 03, 2012
nice
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by ABsI1: 10:52pm On Apr 03, 2012
The only thing Emeritus Governor General Tinubu was not God permitted to do is taking OBJ's life. He humbled OBJ thoroughly&OBJ caused our GREAT PARTY,d PDP all of our South Western States.to Jehovah be all Glory,d ABS AFONJA ARMY LIDS D ASSAULT.WELCOME LAGOS
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by KINGwax(m): 10:53pm On Apr 03, 2012
1025:

@johnny,
this is typical nigerian - celebration of failure. what do you understand by the word STRUCTURE?
in all his greatness, nigeria does not have a standard police force, we have no independent and efficient judiciary, we have no light, no water, no roads, we have an educational system that cannot accommodate even the children of chairmen of local govt areas talk less of commissioners and ministers, we have no security. we don't have an airline, no single multinational company apart from those stealing our oil.
my prayer is that u wrote all these trash out of ignorance rather than pretence.
if i may ask, is the structure u mentioned the structure of stealing which has been made part of this pdp led govt?
those who trade on goats come here to write as if they are discussing with goats. you are proud of a structure that has produced multi talent criminals in the name of politicians.
do u think obasanjo has a home where he can sleep with his two eyes closed? u are making a mistake, the son whose wife he defiled will start from where he stopped.

if you can shut up, you'll think wider
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by Olalekan0(m): 11:12pm On Apr 03, 2012
saska1122: I wish I have the opportunity to ask BABA OBJ what international demands he is talking about.
Obasanjo is the United Nations Special Envoy to war-torn Congo and he's been excellently playing that role.
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by PaulJohn1: 11:14pm On Apr 03, 2012
OBJ! Don't like the man, but like his leadership technique.
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by oiseworld: 11:25pm On Apr 03, 2012
1025:

@johnny,

you don't know baba neither due you have a clue of nigerian politics, because if you do you would swallow your words in shame.
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by Businesstools(m): 11:30pm On Apr 03, 2012
I thought he was going to be there forever.
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by pzing: 11:34pm On Apr 03, 2012
Happy for OBJ. You can take your leave sir.
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by olatwo(m): 11:35pm On Apr 03, 2012
1025:

@johnny,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pro Nigeria Igbos ONLY / Only 38 Senior Officers Were Retired - Nigerian Army Explains / Suicide Blasts In North East, Nigeria Kill At Least 31

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.