Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,468 members, 7,836,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees (14451 Views)

Dickson,alamieyeseigha Ordered Out Of Jonathan's Meeting With PDP Board Of Trust / PDP Board Of Trustees Hold Meeting With Jonathan In Otuoke / APC Appoints 3 Youth Members Into Its Board Of Trustees (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by karpentar: 8:05am On Apr 04, 2012
[/b][b]
I am not OBJ's fan but I must say that he surely has made a name for himself. Posterity shall surely reveal more of this personality who to me is a mystery. May God add more years to him until the shackles of the bondmasters is finally dismantled. Baba is still on top I am not OBJ's fan but I must say that he surely has made a name for himself. Posterity shall surely reveal more of this personality who to me is a mystery. May God add more years to him until the shackles of the bondmasters is finally dismantled. Baba is still on top

If you're are not an OBJ fan as you fallaciously claimed, then nobody is!!! Bloody liar!!!!!
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by Yinkay: 8:06am On Apr 04, 2012
He will have time to pursue his dream of becoming the Aare-Ona Kakanfo now, the only title eluding him now....

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by Nobody: 8:10am On Apr 04, 2012
Hmm, he seems to be "Repenting" afterall. Who says the Theology Degree didn't have an impact? cheesy
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by karpentar: 8:12am On Apr 04, 2012
[b][/b]
go and relax enjoy your 8yrs loot of nigerias treasure, u resign make I clap for u? Mtchewwwwwwww

Don't mind the foolish old man, who only resigned as BOT chairman in order to have enough time to continue f-ucking his son's wife. Useless Old man!!!!
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by karpentar: 8:23am On Apr 04, 2012
@1025
this is typical nigerian - celebration of failure. what do you understand by the word STRUCTURE?
in all his greatness, nigeria does not have a standard police force, we have no independent and efficient judiciary, we have no light, no water, no roads, we have an educational system that cannot accommodate even the children of chairmen of local govt areas talk less of commissioners and ministers, we have no security. we don't have an airline, no single multinational company apart from those stealing our oil.
my prayer is that u wrote all these trash out of ignorance rather than pretence.
if i may ask, is the structure u mentioned the structure of stealing which has been made part of this pdp led govt?
those who trade on goats come here to write as if they are discussing with goats. you are proud of a structure that has produced multi talent criminals in the name of politicians.
do u think obasanjo has a home where he can sleep with his two eyes closed? u are making a mistake, the son whose wife he defiled will start from where he stopped.

Best write-up. Don't mind some useless tribalists on Nairaland who only praise OBJ out of sentiments. Even OBJ son won't agree with them.
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by oiseworld: 8:31am On Apr 04, 2012
@Gbawe, Too clueless, too much hatred to believe.

So is tinubu a saint? And stop generalizing issues. If tinubu is your favourite bogey man say it and don't speak for everyone.
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by babaowo: 8:33am On Apr 04, 2012
good courage.
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by ENEONWO(m): 8:43am On Apr 04, 2012
Did someone just say OBJ needs time to attend to his newest wife which he inherited from his son, Gbenga? Na waa oo! Good riddance sha!
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by Vergil: 8:44am On Apr 04, 2012
Nigerians! Smh!!
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by tayoccu(m): 8:48am On Apr 04, 2012
I really can't believe people actually commend obj, to be sincere what did the geezer do than to make life harder? When he came to power in 1999, think of what u could do with a thousand naira, compare it to what a thousand naira could do for u when he left in 07, now compare to the current day? Obj and his lap dogs have failed us, and whenever we state that fact, some buffoons bring up Tinubu's name. Don't get me wrong, tinubu isn't a saint, no politician is, but if we take a good look @ what tinubu has did for lagos, and what obj did for nigeria, only a retard will take shots @ tinubu.

Imo when a ship is sinking its d rats that r d first to flee...
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by davechika(m): 8:51am On Apr 04, 2012
One reason i think i like OBJ is his shegenenian classical Politics,i also acknowledge he has a lot of questionable characteristics.....but no one is perfect in all his/her doings here on earth.
Another reason is making the Minorities in Nigeria have a say most especially the ss.checkmating the Northern ruling Oligarchy is another which he should be remembered for cos the Oligarchy was not beneficial to any region even in its own backyard.
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by Gbawe: 8:55am On Apr 04, 2012
oiseworld: @Gbawe, Too clueless, too much hatred to believe.

So is tinubu a saint? And stop generalizing issues. If tinubu is your favourite bogey man say it and don't speak for everyone.

Shut up. You are not even bright enough to understand the substantive point of my post. OBJ has been given the chance ,at the highest level possible,and on several occasions, to make a difference. Instead he has always embraced egotistical parochialism, an agenda of self-deification and a penchant for personal vindictiveness ,against others, above everything else to include what is best for millions of Nigerians.

Pointless mentioning Tinubu in such company. OBJ should be compared to fellow destroyers of Nigeria like IBB, Abacha et al. Some of you just let your foolish and ethnocentric hatred of Tinubu blind your objectivity and reasoning. Tinubu should not be mentioned here at all.

By the way, it seems you don't know the meaning of bogeyman. Your use of it here is idiotic. Google is your friend.
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by nomshu(m): 8:56am On Apr 04, 2012
this shows that everything that has a beginning must have an end. surely everything that PDP is doing must one day be esposed
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by Skoopy(m): 9:05am On Apr 04, 2012
I beg to differ though, his resignation shouldn't come as a surprise considering his age.
It's been long due.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by aljharem(m): 9:15am On Apr 04, 2012
lagcity:

Can someone really blackmail OBJ? Here is a man who forked his daughter-in-law and still walks around with swagger and no shame. Guy, OBJ is beyond blackmail. I think he is just tired. Afterall, body no be firewood. Man must rest.

i know right, quite surprising as well
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by Gbawe: 9:16am On Apr 04, 2012
Skoopy: I beg to differ though, his resignation shouldn't come as a surprise considering his age.
It's been long due.

Nothing to do with age. OBJ could have bowed out as a classy statesman like Kufour of Ghana. Instead, OBJ fought tooth and nail, to include cynically and dictatorially changing the constitution of the PDP, so he could emerge BOT Chairman unchallenged. All that was consistent with how OBJ has been a dictator all his life not concerned with the rights and aspirations of others. We all remember him callously going ahead with the impeachment of Peter Obi just so his criminal "son" Andy Uba could become Governor of Anambra.What did Obi ever do to OBJ besides standing in the way of the ambition of his "son"?

This has nothing to do with age at all and indeed OBJ would be BOT till death if possible. OBJ knows he simply won't survive the onslaught that will come from him being seen to support GEJ beyond 2015. We all forget that GEJ, to even get the AGIP and mercenary Northerners on board, agreed to step down in 2015. Many Northerners, not predisposed to a Southern Presidency (like Yuguda) backed GEJ based on this.

OBJ may just be aware that GEJ is going too far and the repercussion of several treacherous actions , in a row, may be anyone's guess. Already, OBJ won't be unaware that he is directly responsible for the killing of Nigerians going on today via his refusal to "honour" his fellow thieves. The biggest clue about the hatred of OBJ amongst his fellow killers was how Boko Haram wasted the chap who gave OBJ audience when our former President tried to mediate for the FG. OBJ is just tactfully moving away from an unpredictable situation he knows may consume him.
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by EagleNest(m): 9:17am On Apr 04, 2012
Let's wait and see why OBJ voluntarily resigned.
No smoke without fire!
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by newacca: 9:17am On Apr 04, 2012
hhhhmmmmn Baba Owu. Mo gba fun e. It's better to leave the arena when the ovation is louder.
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by perfectcrush(m): 9:19am On Apr 04, 2012
Hmmmmmmmm.......... Donkeys live a long life........
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by saydfact(m): 9:24am On Apr 04, 2012
OK..WHAT NEXT?
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by smlafolabi(m): 9:47am On Apr 04, 2012
Obasanjo has always been a dodged fighter and a good one for that matter, he must have foresaw something coming and he's leaving the PDP stage while the ovation is loudest. I am personally watching out for why Obj resign as PDP BOT chairman, the clues will emerge in future , I am watching out. I am proud of obj " A man of honour and wisdom"
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by ifihearam: 9:58am On Apr 04, 2012
Simple question please:why did Obj not resign ever since why now that Bamanga Tukur became the NC of pdp??
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by lacasa: 10:00am On Apr 04, 2012
1025:

@johnny,
this is typical nigerian - celebration of failure. what do you understand by the word STRUCTURE?
in all his greatness, nigeria does not have a standard police force, we have no independent and efficient judiciary, we have no light, no water, no roads, we have an educational system that cannot accommodate even the children of chairmen of local govt areas talk less of commissioners and ministers, we have no security. we don't have an airline, no single multinational company apart from those stealing our oil.
my prayer is that u wrote all these trash out of ignorance rather than pretence.
if i may ask, is the structure u mentioned the structure of stealing which has been made part of this pdp led govt?
those who trade on goats come here to write as if they are discussing with goats. you are proud of a structure that has produced multi talent criminals in the name of politicians.
do u think obasanjo has a home where he can sleep with his two eyes closed? u are making a mistake, the son whose wife he defiled will start from where he stopped.

Gba!!
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by djustice: 10:07am On Apr 04, 2012
Gbawe:

Nothing to do with age. OBJ could have bowed out as a classy statesman like Kufour of Ghana. Instead, OBJ fought tooth and nail, to include cynically and dictatorially changing the constitution of the PDP, so he could emerge BOT Chairman unchallenged. All that was consistent with how OBJ has been a dictator all his life not concerned with the rights and aspirations of others. We all remember him callously going ahead with the impeachment of Peter Obi just so his criminal "son" Andy Uba could become Governor of Anambra.What did Obi ever do to OBJ besides standing in the way of the ambition of his "son"?

This has nothing to do with age at all and indeed OBJ would be BOT till death if possible. OBJ knows he simply won't survive the onslaught that will come from him being seen to support GEJ beyond 2015. We all forget that GEJ, to even get the AGIP and mercenary Northerners on board, agreed to step down in 2015. Many Northerners, not predisposed to a Southern Presidency (like Yuguda) backed GEJ based on this.

OBJ may just be aware that GEJ is going too far and the repercussion of several treacherous actions , in a row, may be anyone's guess. Already, OBJ won't be unaware that he is directly responsible for the killing of Nigerians going on today via his refusal to "honour" his fellow thieves. The biggest clue about the hatred of OBJ amongst his fellow killers was how Boko Haram wasted the chap who gave OBJ audience when our former President tried to mediate for the FG. OBJ is just tactfully moving away from an unpredictable situation he knows may consume him.

Strange way to fight "tooth and nail" and be a dictator:

1. 1979, Obasanjo as military Head of State, with all the awesome power that position conferred, handed over to the elected President after an election he organised and saw through, in fulfilment of a promise he made when he assumed power 3 years earlier following the assassination of Murtala Mohammed. He "fought tooth and nail" then to leave office for his farm.

2. 2007: Having run the country for 8 years after being dragged out of retirement to put a troubled nation on an even keel, despite fallacious accusations of harbouring 3rd term ambitions (which, frankly, if he wanted, would have happened, with a notoriously corrupt National Assembly and governors eager to retain their immunity as a means of escaping arrest and prosecution for corruption, chief amongst whom was the charlatan, Bola Ahmed Tinubu), he handed over to a Yar'Adua after campaigning successfully for his election. The brigands in the Nigerian polity, Tinubu, Atiku and co, continued to shout 3rd term, even after he handed over!

3. 2012: After a successful National Congress of the PDP, he has now resigned, to the chagrin of Tinubu and his minions, like Gbawegbawe (obviously stoned beyond redemption), and all they can shout is do or die.

Admit it Gbawegbawe (yoruba slang for weed smoker), the man has wrong-footed you and your gang here on Nairaland and in Ojuyoboland.

Class cannot be bought. No matter how many Oriental Hotels, Eko Hotels, Toll Gates, Beechwood Estates, Fara Park Estates, First Nation Airlines, The Nation Newspapers, TVCs, Radio Continentals, Royal Garden Estates, Endymion Estates, Lagos State Government Guest houses at Queens Drive (Oyinkan Abayomi), Abuja, Park View (former Deputy Governor's official residence, Golf Courses (Lakowe Lakes), Medical Facilities (Bola Tinubu Diagnostic Services, Critical Care Unit and Morgue all at LASUTH, Ikeja), bullet proof range rovers, Governors, assemblymen, councillors, bloggers, nairaland warriors (gbawegbawe and co) Yekini Amoda Ogunlere can buy or steal, he cannot purchase class, which obviously, Obasanjo has more of in his little finger than "Bola Ahmed Tinubu" can ever have in his entire generations!!
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by sojay(m): 10:13am On Apr 04, 2012
OBJ is just acting in line with TB Joshua's vision...Who is fooling who here?...Abeg baba go and sleep joor...Na who be the maga?
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by slq(m): 10:15am On Apr 04, 2012
Is it not clear yet to Nigerians that the current Chaos in the country was caused by OBJ yet pips keep
praising him.I just wonder wheter this is too hard to decipher
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by sharks776(m): 10:18am On Apr 04, 2012
1025:

@johnny,

i hale you my brother, infact he should have resigned long ago for failing this (once great) country. ABOUT 13YRS OF DEMOCRACY WITH NOTHING TO SHOW OR WRITE ABOUT. so really what are we celebrating? i keep telling people "DEMOCRACY IF NOT PRACTICE ACCORDING TO THE LAW, IS FAR WORST THAN A MILITARY REGIME.
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by Gbawe: 10:24am On Apr 04, 2012
djustice:

1. 1979, Obasanjo as military Head of State, with all the awesome power that position conferred, handed over to the elected President after an election he organised and saw through, in fulfilment of a promise he made when he assumed power 3 years earlier following the assassination of Murtala Mohammed. He "fought tooth and nail" then to leave office for his farm.

2. 2007: Having run the country for 8 years after being dragged out of retirement to put a troubled nation on an even keel, despite fallacious accusations of harbouring 3rd term ambitions (which, frankly, if he wanted, would have happened, with a notoriously corrupt National Assembly and governors eager to retain their immunity as a means of escaping arrest and prosecution for corruption, chief amongst whom was the charlatan, Bola Ahmed Tinubu), he handed over to a Yar'Adua after campaigning successfully for his election. The brigands in the Nigerian polity, Tinubu, Atiku and co, continued to shout 3rd term, even after he handed over!

3. 2012: After a successful National Congress of the PDP, he has now resigned, to the chagrin of Tinubu and his minions, like Gbawegbawe (obviously stoned beyond redemption), and all they can shout is do or die.

Admit it Gbawegbawe (yoruba slang for weed smoker), the man has wrong-footed you and your gang here on Nairaland and in Ojuyoboland.

Class cannot be bought. No matter how many Oriental Hotels, Eko Hotels, Toll Gates, Beechwood Estates, Fara Park Estates, First Nation Airlines, The Nation Newspapers, TVCs, Radio Continentals, Royal Garden Estates, Endymion Estates, Lagos State Government Guest houses at Queens Drive (Oyinkan Abayomi), Abuja, Park View (former Deputy Governor's official residence, Golf Courses (Lakowe Lakes), Medical Facilities (Bola Tinubu Diagnostic Services, Critical Care Unit and Morgue all at LASUTH, Ikeja), bullet proof range rovers, Governors, assemblymen, councillors, bloggers, nairaland warriors (gbawegbawe and co) Yekini Amoda Ogunlere can buy or steal, he cannot purchase class, which obviously, Obasanjo has more of in his little finger than "Bola Ahmed Tinubu" can ever have in his entire generations!!

"Successful National Congress of the PDP"? With the emergence of a 60 year old "youth" leader and the "stepping down" farce that saw Bamanga Tukur , trounced in his own ward, becoming chairman?

To be honest, I doubt if you are sane. OBJ was thoroughly disgraced in the SW with the last elections. As the most prominent PDP leader in the region, OBJ supervised the total annihilation of his own Party in that region!!! Even his daughter was booted out unceremoniously and remains in the wilderness to date. OBJ's Military pal and fellow Dinosaur he tried to foist on Ogun State, Olurin, found no joy with his misadventure of contesting against the ACN.

Somehow you interprete the humiliation and retirement into political wilderness of OBJ( Courtesy of "Ojuyobo" grin grin) as him "wrong-footing" me, ACN supporters and Tinubu ? My guy, you need serious help. I ain't joking pal.
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by Pakavy(m): 10:27am On Apr 04, 2012
OAM4J: Well about time. . . makes no difference to the price of garri though.
u cant say dat again
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by ismhab(m): 10:30am On Apr 04, 2012
Good riddance.
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by tayoccu(m): 10:30am On Apr 04, 2012
djustice:

In 1979, the election was fraudulent
2007, Obj reluctantly left office, what did he really achieve? Btw who dragged d geezer out of retirement? U?
I think u've eaten scraps from his table so u r under obligation to defend him.
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by Gbawe: 10:34am On Apr 04, 2012
tayoccu:

In 1979, the election was fraudulent
2007, Obj reluctantly left office, what did he really achieve? Btw who dragged d geezer out of retirement? U?
I think u've eaten scraps from his table so u r under obligation to defend him.

He is just not sane. Insanity tends to make one bend facts and reality with a straight face.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Youthful And Childhood Pictures Of Nigerian Heroes And Villains / Micheal Chinda Discharged From Hospital ( Photo ) / APC Governors Visit Emir Sanusi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.