Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,415 members, 7,836,664 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees (14450 Views)

Dickson,alamieyeseigha Ordered Out Of Jonathan's Meeting With PDP Board Of Trust / PDP Board Of Trustees Hold Meeting With Jonathan In Otuoke / APC Appoints 3 Youth Members Into Its Board Of Trustees (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by ACM10: 11:49pm On Apr 03, 2012
Chairman "[i]D[/i]o-or-Die" Board of trustees resigns!
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by gururguy: 12:00am On Apr 04, 2012
?
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by jaybee(f): 12:00am On Apr 04, 2012
OBJ is just afraid of the uncertainties he will face in the hands of a bold and imposing northern chairman of PDP! that's just it. is he just realizing that he is an international hot cake; or is he just realizing that he have a 'presidential Library' to manage? pls tell this old man to go get other excuses for this humiliated exit. You may recall that he amended the PDP constitution to pave way for his sole candidature of the PDP board of trustee by providing that the post is reserved for a past president under the platform of PDP. now what happens that there is no other 'past president from the PDP'? a recourse to the second fiddle?
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by iconaus: 12:04am On Apr 04, 2012
If baba has done something wrong, i forgive him for dismantling northern cabal from holding on to power. The emergency of Jonathan and power shift to the minority is the greatest achievement by Baba and he will always be remembered by that.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by tunfeek: 12:13am On Apr 04, 2012
Baba resigned,what an elder sees a child on d tallest building in dubai will never c it.OBJ let's wait n c wat he get in returns
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by 1virus(m): 12:14am On Apr 04, 2012
though! Am not a fan of (baba) Obj, and i still dont know y i always c him as d best and smartest among all 9ja politicians. Cos he is mouthed (he get mouth) all over nigeria (ss se nw ns sw). He plays his card wen is needed. what he says go happen. @list pdp go leave abia state alone they are our problen in d se. D Exit of baba will defnitely b d downfall of PDP. I.M.O
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by africanb(m): 12:41am On Apr 04, 2012
djustice: The only loose end Baba left behind is the scallywag that calls himself Bola Ahmed Tinubu. No worries sha, he left enough arsenal behind to deal with the bastard (fact, not insult).
I realy don't know what to say about ur personality! Imagine, you are here talking about someone who single handedly fought the vagabond in power who wanted to take over south west. Whether u like it or not, Tinubu is a hero and people like u will only die of heart attack. That's a fact too.
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by CuteTj(m): 12:55am On Apr 04, 2012
he can as well resign from earth Nigeria, i don't care!
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by Detongue: 12:56am On Apr 04, 2012
Dis is a man dat has integrity, he has forsight, he knows wen to move and wen to leave. He has played his part, God bless him.
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by solamaths(m): 12:58am On Apr 04, 2012
I have come to realise that to become a person of value in this country u really have to do a little things that will positively touch lives of every demanding Nigerians. This u av tried to do and u still continue to do. Welldone Baba Iyabo. U are indeed a true father. Keep representing. God will give u strenght to carry on. I love u.
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by dayokanu(m): 1:03am On Apr 04, 2012
After Asiwaju Bola Tinubu rubbed his face in the sand

OBJ is going back to mentor b@5tards like Fayose, Alao-Akala, Andy Uba, Retardeen Jonathan, Gbenga Daniels, Oyinlola etc
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by Nobody: 1:14am On Apr 04, 2012
Obasanjo to me is an enigma. I don't get this man and don't know what to make of him. Personally, I don't think he did a good job in PDP.

PDP by all account hasn't been a progressive party. Political thuggery, looting, corruption are the norms.
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by msb247(m): 1:32am On Apr 04, 2012
Mayflowa: His action was so unpredictable. He caught everyone on aware. So it isn't do or die affair for him afterall!

hah! it is ooh. he did and now its time to die cheesy
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by kristy77(m): 2:55am On Apr 04, 2012
Surprisingly! It’s like you understand my mind! You seem to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with some images to drive the message home a bit, but other than that, this is wonderful blog. A good read. I’ll certainly be back.
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by Musiwa42: 3:54am On Apr 04, 2012
AB$I, i am the reason why ACN won and not bola ahmed tinubu.
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by andyzoga: 4:03am On Apr 04, 2012
OBJ...Urs is a life devoted to unity & oneness of Nigeria.......,May you live longer than your detractors IJN
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by gururguy: 4:05am On Apr 04, 2012
ok
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by Onlytruth(m): 4:05am On Apr 04, 2012
I smell a rat somewhere.
OBJ would not leave this post without being forced out. Something is cooking somewhere. lipsrsealed
I guess we just have to wait to see what happens next.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by aljharem(m): 4:09am On Apr 04, 2012
Onlytruth: I smell a rat somewhere.
OBJ would not leave this post without being forced out. Something is cooking somewhere. lipsrsealed
I guess we just have to wait to see what happens next.

Most likely blackmailed. Lets be watching
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by DonCarlos1(m): 5:35am On Apr 04, 2012
jaybee: OBJ is just afraid of the uncertainties he will face in the hands of a bold and imposing northern chairman of PDP! that's just it. is he just realizing that he is an international hot cake; or is he just realizing that he have a 'presidential Library' to manage? pls tell this old man to go get other excuses for this humiliated exit. You may recall that he amended the PDP constitution to pave way for his sole candidature of the PDP board of trustee by providing that the post is reserved for a past president under the platform of PDP. now what happens that there is no other 'past president from the PDP'? a recourse to the second fiddle?

Nail on the head!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by joanana(f): 5:59am On Apr 04, 2012
OAM4J: Well about time. . . makes no difference to the price of garri though.
Abi oooo make no difference my dear!
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by lagcity(m): 6:20am On Apr 04, 2012
alj harem:

Most likely blackmailed. Lets be watching

Can someone really blackmail OBJ? Here is a man who forked his daughter-in-law and still walks around with swagger and no shame. Guy, OBJ is beyond blackmail. I think he is just tired. Afterall, body no be firewood. Man must rest.
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by Musiwa42: 6:45am On Apr 04, 2012
gmm
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by Gbawe: 6:55am On Apr 04, 2012
africanb: I realy don't know what to say about ur personality! Imagine, you are here talking about someone who single handedly fought the vagabond in power who wanted to take over south west. Whether u like it or not, Tinubu is a hero and people like u will only die of heart attack. That's a fact too.

Abi OOO. Only a person filled with partisan and unreasonable hatred for Tinubu would ever speak as if OBJ is a better person. When, for all his fault, has Tinubu ever deliberately left power in the hands of those he 100% knows will destroy States/the Nation? OBJ's history is totally about that !!!! To me the man is the Judas that has betrayed Nigeria too many times than is possible to count over decades. Most Nigerians are just not politically sophisticated and this is why they cannot discern what OBJ really is.

He was part of the charade that saw Shagari rigged into power at the expense of Awolowo. That was the beginning of the problems of Nigeria in the modern era. The man hated and taunted Awolowo. He envied the love "Awo" enjoyed from the Yorubas that he could never dream of gaining. He simply could not bear the thought of Awolowo as President - even if that meant a prosperous and developing Nigeria. Better to let a listless and disinterested school teacher destroy Nigeria according to OBJ's egotistically warped and selfish interpretation of issues. Fast forward several decades and OBJ repeats his perverse nature by doing same with Yar Adua and then Jonathan.I.e supporting the worst available so his own personal glory remains intact.

As a democratic President, OBJ was particularly wicked and vengeful towards the SW and I don't understand how any true Yoruba man can display the shameless revisionism we see from Djustice here - even if blindly devoted to the PDP. It was not long ago OBJ was forcing Fayose, Oni, Alao Akala, OGD and all sorts of criminals on the SW. He made a hairdresser speaker of the house of rep (Etteh) until her greed brought her down.

To ensure his name remained on the lips of Nigerians as "the best President", OBJ supported a sick man to be President knowing fully well that Yar Adua was too distracted with his illness to perform. Sheer wickedness. If it must be a Northerner, why did he not support EL-Rufai, Ribadu or others who served him well? Even if it had to be a Governor, there were northern Governors who could have moved Nigeria forward. He threw Jonathan in the mix because he was seeking a meek assistant for Yar Adua. He supported the Senate President ambition of David Mark knowing fully well the sort of elitist and anti-people blood flowing through Marks's veins.

OBJ's calulation was that if he controlled the top 4 positions (President: Yar Adua, VP: Jonathan, Senate President: Mark, Speaker: Madam Etteh)he would control Nigeria by proxy. Never mind that those listless, clueless and indolent folks, working together, were 100% guaranteed to fail Nigeria.

We could go on all day. The point is that even if Tinubu is everyone's favourite bogeyman today, folks should respect history by refraining from crass revisionism. Is it by force to rope Tinubu into everything? OBJ is a very wicked man at ease with millions suffering. Tinubu is not like that at all and nothing in his history suggests this so folks should err on the side of decency.

Besides, knowing OBJ, if indeed he has stepped down, this is his exit from a kitchen that is now getting too hot and likely to take him and others down. He did everything to become BOT chairman and one would have thought he would hold on to the role till he died. To be going voluntarily means the need for self-preservation has kicked in. OBJ won't be unaware of how he is perceived to be the "traitor" who stabbed all in the back , despite "enjoying his own 8 years on behalf of the SW", by urging GEJ forward. Sadly for OBJ, Jonathan has turned out to be an ethnic jingoist and Ijaw President of sort. The entire nation can see the sabre-rattling from the SS 24/7 over a President that is simply woeful. OBJ is just getting out of the way before the fireworks begin. The man is certainly not doing anything out of principles, ethics or morality. He has treacherously "betrayed" other "gentlemen" too much. The man knows he is surely playing with fire sticking around to be seen as abetting GEJ's 2015 ambition . If true, this is OBJ saying "Jonathan, I don try. You are on your own".
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by ACM10: 7:19am On Apr 04, 2012
Gbawe:

Abi OOO. Only a person filled with partisan and unreasonable hatred for Tinubu would ever speak as if OBJ is a better person. When, for all his fault, has Tinubu ever deliberately left power in the hands of those he 100% knows will destroy States/the Nation? OBJ's history is totally about that !!!! To me the man is the Judas that has betrayed Nigeria too many times than is possible to count over decades. Most Nigerians are just not politically sophisticated and this is why they cannot discern what OBJ really is.

He was part of the charade that saw Shagari rigged into power at the expense of Awolowo. That was the beginning of the problems of Nigeria in the modern era. The man hated and taunted Awolowo. He envied the love "Awo" enjoyed from the Yorubas that he could never dream of gaining. He simply could not bear the thought of Awolowo as President - even if that meant a prosperous and developing Nigeria. Better to let a listless and disinterested school teacher destroy Nigeria according to OBJ's egotistically warped and selfish interpretation of issues.

As a democratic President, OBJ was particularly wicked and vengeful towards the SW and I don't understand how any true Yoruba man can display the shameless revisionism we see from Djustice here - even if blindly devoted to the PDP. It was not long ago OBJ was forcing Fayose, Oni, Alao Akala, OGD and all sorts of criminals on the SW. He made a hairdresser speaker of the house of rep (Etteh) until her greed brought her down.

To ensure his name remained on the lips of Nigerians as "the best President", OBJ supported a sick man to be President knowing fully well that Yar Adua was too distracted with his illness to perform. Sheer wickedness. If it must be a Northerner, why did he not support EL-Rufai, Ribadu or others who served him well? Even if it had to be a Governor, there were northern Governors who could have moved Nigeria forward. He threw Jonathan in the mix because he was seeking a meek assistant for Yar Adua. He supported the Senate President ambition of David Mark knowing fully well the sort of elitist and anti-people blood flowing through Marks's veins.

OBJ's calulation was that if he controlled the top 4 positions (President: Yar Adua, VP: Jonathan, Senate President: Mark, Speaker: Madam Etteh)he would control Nigeria by proxy. Never mind that those listless, clueless and indolent folks, working together, were 100% guaranteed to fail Nigeria.

We could go on all day. The point is that even if Tinubu is everyone's favourite bogeyman today, folks should respect history by refraining from crass revisionism. Is it by force to rope Tinubu into everything? OBJ is a very wicked man at ease with millions suffering. Tinubu is not like that at all and nothing in his history suggests this so folks should err on the side of decency.

Besides, knowing OBJ, if indeed he has stepped down, this is his exit from a kitchen that is now getting too hot and likely to take him and others down. He did everything to become BOT chairman and one would have thought he would hold on to the role till he died. To be going voluntarily means the need for self-preservation has kicked in. OBJ won't be unaware of how he is perceived to be the "traitor" who stabbed all in the back , despite "enjoying his own 8 years on behalf of the SW", by urging GEJ forward. Sadly for OBJ, Jonathan has turned out to be an ethnic jingoist and Ijaw President of sort. The entire nation can see the sabre-rattling from the SS 24/7 over a President that is simply woeful. OBJ is just getting out of the way before the fireworks begin. The man is certainly not doing anything out of principles, ethics or morality. He has treacherously "betrayed" other "gentlemen" too much. The man knows he is surely playing with fire sticking around to be seen as abetting GEJ's 2015 ambition . If true, this is OBJ saying "Jonathan, I don try. You are on your own".

hmmm. . .another Gbawe's classic
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by emsquare(m): 7:31am On Apr 04, 2012
Johnny: I dont know if this‘s true but BABA has put a solid structure on ground that he can afford to go home &sleep with his two eyes closed.......PDP &Nigeria in general can no longer be hijacked by miscreants,holigans &retardens like ATIKU,TINUBU & IBB....Baba,go &sleep,all is well!

Hmmmmm!!!
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by Johnny(m): 7:32am On Apr 04, 2012
@1025: i hope u ve bin lectured already.let me add howeva dat Obj did not resign as Nigerian president but BOT chairman of a political party.so when i talked abt “structure“,i wasnt refering to infrastructure but political structure.....pls next time,try to undastand a post b4 bashing d poster...
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by goldenoyin: 7:35am On Apr 04, 2012
Have liked our Facebook yet? If you haven't, please do. http://www.facebook.com/islandexplorermagazine; we are also on twitter, @iexplorermag
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by Phonon: 7:37am On Apr 04, 2012
"International Demand of him"?Does that include going as a UN Special Envoy to DR Congo to dance with a rebel leader,Laurent Nkunda(now in custody) OR going to show solidarity with a fellow frail old man and third term aspirant,the now ex-Senegalese President?
I respect OBJ as a very blunt man who has done what he can for Nigeria.LET HIM JUST RETIRE TO HIS FARM!
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by krisokuweh(m): 7:50am On Apr 04, 2012
Obj a man of honor n charisma who knows his right n know wen to use it. Dats a true politician. Retire well bur teach some one ur courage n how to use it
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by gururguy: 7:54am On Apr 04, 2012
if they stop
Re: Obasanjo Resigns As Chairman Of PDP's Board Of Trustees by iBukas: 7:57am On Apr 04, 2012
I dey laff OBJ

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Presidency Moves To Replace Mu’azu With S’south Governor / Buhari Did Not Reject 2016 Budget – Presidency / APC Governors Visit Emir Sanusi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.