Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Why Men Are Attracted To High-earning Women - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Men Are Attracted To High-earning Women (3993 Views)

Why Men Are Attracted To Boobs / HELP!! Ugly Girls Are Attracted To Me / Ladies, Are You Attracted To Muscular Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Men Are Attracted To High-earning Women by dadycandoit(f): 2:17am On Apr 04, 2012
There used to be a romantic stigma for single women who made money, but those days are numbered

Today’s high-earning women are justly proud of their paychecks — I explore the rise of the female breadwinner in this week’s TIME cover story — but they still often feel that men will be intimidated rather than attracted to them as potential mates. They think their success will seem too threatening and be held against them. As a result, some women in the dating pool devise camouflage mechanisms. A young ob-gyn working in Pittsburgh tells men she meets that she “works at the hospital, taking care of patients” — subtly encouraging the idea that she’s a nurse, not a doctor. When a university vice president in south Texas was on the dating market, she would vaguely tell men she worked in the school’s administrative offices and avoid letting them walk her to her car for fear they would see her BMW. “I want them to give me a chance,” says the Pittsburgh doctor. “I want them to at least not walk away immediately.” ...Continue to read more at http://dadycandoit.com/blog
Re: Why Men Are Attracted To High-earning Women by Ranoscky(m): 3:44am On Apr 04, 2012
I dont need to read more. They must def be hiddin something, if u ask me.
Re: Why Men Are Attracted To High-earning Women by dadycandoit(f): 7:31am On Apr 04, 2012
u think so?
Re: Why Men Are Attracted To High-earning Women by dadycandoit(f): 3:25am On May 10, 2012
shocked
Re: Why Men Are Attracted To High-earning Women by richy5(m): 2:54pm On May 10, 2012
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
angry angry angry angry angry angry
angry angry angry angry
angry angry angry
angry angry
angry
Re: Why Men Are Attracted To High-earning Women by dadycandoit(f): 6:21am On May 13, 2012
sad
Re: Why Men Are Attracted To High-earning Women by Nobody: 11:26pm On May 13, 2012
PLEASE!!!!!!!! I need me a rich chick!
That way I know she's with me for ME and nothing else!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Why Men Are Attracted To High-earning Women by LaParisienne(f): 11:34pm On May 13, 2012
2buff: PLEASE!!!!!!!! I need me a rich chick!
Wimp Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Men Are Attracted To High-earning Women by Nobody: 12:12am On May 14, 2012
La Parisienne:
Wimp Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Digger Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Men Are Attracted To High-earning Women by LaParisienne(f): 12:20am On May 14, 2012
2buff:

Gold Digger Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've made my point, and you've made yours. Fair enough

Continue looking for women who will pay your bills cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Men Are Attracted To High-earning Women by Nobody: 12:28am On May 14, 2012
La Parisienne:

Continue looking for women who will pay your bills cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
undecided
Re: Why Men Are Attracted To High-earning Women by Nobody: 12:49am On May 14, 2012
^^ seconded.

La Parisienne:

I can tell that as an apparently typical naija girl, your idea of a relationship is "hooking up with another person so they can solve all my life problems" cheesy, so what I mentioned there is understandably too complex for you to grasp, hence you spewing all that. I want me an independent chic who makes her own paper. That way when we come together, we know we wouldn't be wasting time with each other if we didn't genuinely like each other as "material gains" wouldn't be a factor from any party.

Obviously, this means I have my own thing going on as a man. smiley

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Why Men Are Attracted To High-earning Women by OK2NV3: 1:25am On May 14, 2012
so white guys are intimidated too
Re: Why Men Are Attracted To High-earning Women by meetpeople: 4:12am On May 14, 2012
What a very nice blog! Good job! These ideas definitely will apply to many other site owners out there. You may also visit my site, http://www.tubeprofiles.com. I hope it would be a help. smiley Have a good day. smiley
Re: Why Men Are Attracted To High-earning Women by dadycandoit(f): 6:11am On May 24, 2012
dadycandoit: There used to be a romantic stigma for single women who made money, but those days are numbered

Today’s high-earning women are justly proud of their paychecks — I explore the rise of the female breadwinner in this week’s TIME cover story — but they still often feel that men will be intimidated rather than attracted to them as potential mates. They think their success will seem too threatening and be held against them. As a result, some women in the dating pool devise camouflage mechanisms. A young ob-gyn working in Pittsburgh tells men she meets that she “works at the hospital, taking care of patients” — subtly encouraging the idea that she’s a nurse, not a doctor. When a university vice president in south Texas was on the dating market, she would vaguely tell men she worked in the school’s administrative offices and avoid letting them walk her to her car for fear they would see her BMW. “I want them to give me a chance,” says the Pittsburgh doctor. “I want them to at least not walk away immediately.” ...Continue to read more at http://dadycandoit.com/business-economy/why-men-are-attracted-to-high-earning-women

nice
Re: Why Men Are Attracted To High-earning Women by Nobody: 6:13am On May 24, 2012

smh... grin
Re: Why Men Are Attracted To High-earning Women by Nobody: 6:14am On May 24, 2012
OK/2/NV:

OH YES!! grin
Nothing kills a white man's ego than to be outdone by a woman. grin grin grin
That is why by law in America a man and a woman can do the EXACT same job, yet his paycheck is a little higher than hers.
It's no secret of sexism in the work force. So what do we women do? we work HARDER! cool

and it kills them to see us reap the fruits of our labor....independently.
Re: Why Men Are Attracted To High-earning Women by Nobody: 6:51am On May 24, 2012
Everyone must bring something to the table. No more 'a man should be the sole-provider' shizz. tongue
Re: Why Men Are Attracted To High-earning Women by DualCore1: 7:08am On May 24, 2012
Male or female, if you were born poor... its no fault of yours.
If you get married and are still poor then you dey crase. angry

2 Likes

Re: Why Men Are Attracted To High-earning Women by Nobody: 7:12am On May 24, 2012
Dual Core: Male or female, if you were born poor... its no fault of yours.
If you get married and are still poor then you dey crase. angry

Gbam!!

Dual Core longest time cheesy
Re: Why Men Are Attracted To High-earning Women by Nobody: 10:59am On May 24, 2012
2buff: ^^ seconded.

I can tell that as an apparently typical naija girl, your idea of a relationship is "hooking up with another person so they can solve all my life problems" cheesy, so what I mentioned there is understandably too complex for you to grasp, hence you spewing all that. I want me an independent chic who makes her own paper. That way when we come together, we know we wouldn't be wasting time with each other if we didn't genuinely like each other as "material gains" wouldn't be a factor from any party.

Obviously, this means I have my own thing going on as a man. smiley

Cheers.
Bro haven't you heard? ''Never argue with an eediot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'' Please apply your brain with more worthy people.
Re: Why Men Are Attracted To High-earning Women by queensmith: 11:48am On May 24, 2012
dadycandoit: There used to be a romantic stigma for single women who made money, but those days are numbered

Today’s high-earning women are justly proud of their paychecks — I explore the rise of the female breadwinner in this week’s TIME cover story — but they still often feel that men will be intimidated rather than attracted to them as potential mates. They think their success will seem too threatening and be held against them. As a result, some women in the dating pool devise camouflage mechanisms. A young ob-gyn working in Pittsburgh tells men she meets that she “works at the hospital, taking care of patients” — subtly encouraging the idea that she’s a nurse, not a doctor. When a university vice president in south Texas was on the dating market, she would vaguely tell men she worked in the school’s administrative offices and avoid letting them walk her to her car for fear they would see her BMW. “I want them to give me a chance,” says the Pittsburgh doctor. “I want them to at least not walk away immediately.” ...Continue to read more at http://dadycandoit.com/business-economy/why-men-are-attracted-to-high-earning-women

Well they shouldnt be surprised when they marry and their husbands ask them to quit their jobs.
Re: Why Men Are Attracted To High-earning Women by cowgurl: 12:00pm On May 24, 2012
Why the camouflage? To me it's Rubbish! If a guy is intimidated a lady earns more than him, whose fault is it?
Re: Why Men Are Attracted To High-earning Women by dadycandoit(f): 7:09am On Jun 01, 2012

1 Like

Re: Why Men Are Attracted To High-earning Women by kreamstaff: 6:48am On Jun 02, 2012
Interesting subject, reminds me of one very interesting thread I came across. Opens your eyes quite a bitty

https://www.nairaland.com/484727/when-wife-more-educated-richer

1 Like

Re: Why Men Are Attracted To High-earning Women by dadycandoit(f): 4:40am On Jul 13, 2012
what a nice topic?
Re: Why Men Are Attracted To High-earning Women by dadycandoit(f): 10:29am On Aug 06, 2012
thanks
Re: Why Men Are Attracted To High-earning Women by nanaba: 7:39am On Aug 07, 2012
sad
Re: Why Men Are Attracted To High-earning Women by dadycandoit(f): 5:30pm On Mar 16, 2013
cheesy
Re: Why Men Are Attracted To High-earning Women by dadycandoit(f): 6:08pm On Mar 16, 2013
grin
Re: Why Men Are Attracted To High-earning Women by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 16, 2013

I like that attitude.

Allow me to give you a few tips.
If you want to make sure that she is not into you because of money, just make sure that she can take care of everything she needs all by herself. She doesn't need to be RICH. And don't forget that some rich people are even greedier than people who don't have that much money. So you will have to observe closely and carefully how materialistic she is in general.

Apart from that, don't show off with your money to attract her. I think, that goes without saying. wink

PEACE
Re: Why Men Are Attracted To High-earning Women by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 16, 2013
OK/2/NV:

A great number of them is. Self-confidence does not depend on colour wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Helpp!!! She Wants It In The Back... / RUNS BABES CODE / Women Who Drink...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.