Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,726 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:12 AM

My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA (14124 Views)

Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) / Guinness Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 / What Was Your First GPA &now Your Current CGPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by Tatian(f): 6:59pm On Apr 06, 2012
A Friend Of Mine Is Depressed About Her Result

My friend has been brooding and feeling disappointed about her result. She's on 1.48 after four years in skool although she's in Final now cos she's doing a part course in Bis -admin . And she's kind of having carry over in some courses which might incure an extra year. Every one thinks she's graduating soon , especially her mum whose already making preparation for grad day. She can't even tell her mum . Am afraid will do something rash cos she's not being her self lately. Pls we need your advise on what to do .
Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by khattab008: 6:05am On Apr 07, 2012
She shld just me how it is finish
Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by Tatian(f): 2:04pm On Apr 09, 2012

shld just me how it is finish.

Sorry I don't get you.
Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 09, 2012
She should tell her mother that she failed to register for a appropriate course. She has to wait some six months to graduate. Isn't that what happened? *wink*
As for her results,that's her fault. If that's her cgpa, that's failure.
Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by JUO(m): 6:18pm On Apr 09, 2012
As for her results,that's her fault. If that's her cgpa, that's failure.
failure ? lol
Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by Businesstools(m): 6:19pm On Apr 09, 2012
She has to muster courage to inform her mum of the situation of things.So that she will stop whatever preparation she's making towards her graduation.The shame will be overwhelming for her to bear if they get to find out later.
Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by Nobody: 6:23pm On Apr 09, 2012
1.48 out of 4.0?

The girl no dey even try at all. chaii!!! embarassed

They should not let this girl operate machinery or any sort of computer.
Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by duality(m): 6:24pm On Apr 09, 2012
for 9ja? she shood geeh the Mekanic Money and dey'll repair the Ngine for her, smiley if she do small thing join dem fit change the specs to 8.41. truss me grin

you wen be her frend you for show am way naw?

3 Likes

Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 09, 2012
Why are you pitying her when she probably spent most of her time pinging and facebooking ? She failed and should bear the consequences since there is nothing she can do about it.Possibly,she should try and come out with a 3rd class if she can upgrade the current Gp.

1 Like

Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 09, 2012
duality: for 9ja? she shood geeh the Mekanic Money and dey'll repair the Ngine for her, smiley if she do small thing join dem fit change the specs to 8.41. truss me grin

you wen be her frend you for show am way naw?

Dude, what da Bleep is your GPA?

Why do you guys like writing incoherent English like this? I'd be embarrassed if I was your friend or family. O ma se!

3 Likes

Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by wiseman2011(m): 6:27pm On Apr 09, 2012
1.4 is capital 3rd class. 4 her additional one year should be a thing of secret she should tell her mum d truth n nothing but truth that is thing that can set her free before she wil cause more harm.O.
Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 09, 2012
wiseman2011: 1.4 is capital 3rd class. 4 her additional one year should be a thing of secret she should tell her mum d truth n nothing but truth that is thing that can set her free before she wil cause more harm.O.

She can blame the extenstion on ASUU strikes.
Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by ATMC(f): 6:34pm On Apr 09, 2012
Tatian: A Friend Of Mine Is Depressed About Her Result

My friend has been brooding and feeling disappointed about her result. She's on 1.48 after four years in skool although she's in Final now cos she's doing a part course in Bis -admin . And she's kind of having carry over in some courses which might incure an extra year. Every one thinks she's graduating soon , especially her mum whose already making preparation for grad day. She can't even tell her mum . Am afraid will do something rash cos she's not being her self lately. Pls we need your advise on what to do .
d truth is dt what she's graduating with is her making, it hurts especially when she sees her mates coming out with better g.p, nd she knows very well dt she could have done well...i suggest she carry on. She should convocate with her mates, snap pictures, let her mom come if she wishes then afterwards she can tell her dt her name didn't come out for service dt she failed some final year courses...u know, dt she least expected she'll fail those courses period...face d shame now but vow to do better in future, may be go for a second degree in another course.. Don't worry ok, she is not a failure, d mere fact dt she was ashamed proves so

4 Likes

Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by Ramcie(f): 6:34pm On Apr 09, 2012
1.48. Hmm! Tnk God I graduated b4 the bb era came into being. If not ehn! I for fail with pride grin

3 Likes

Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 09, 2012
ATMC: d truth is dt what she's graduating with is her making, it hurts especially when she sees her mates coming out with better g.p, nd she knows very well dt she could have done well...i suggest she carry on. She should convocate with her mates, snap pictures, let her mom come if she wishes then afterwards she can tell her dt her name didn't come out for service dt she failed some final year courses...u know, dt she least expected she'll fail those courses period...face d shame now but vow to do better in future, may be go for a second degree in another course.. Don't worry ok, she is not a failure, d mere fact dt she was ashamed proves so

Lord have mercy!!!

No wonder why JAMB had such a high failure rate. Don't check your JAMB score if you want to have a good year.

Se ni oyiyi gba mi bi mo se n ka rubbish yii.
Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by duality(m): 6:36pm On Apr 09, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Dude, what da Bleep is your GPA?

Why do you guys like writing incoherent English like this? I'd be embarrassed if I was your friend or family. O ma se!

haha grin my GPA? oh! not a first class though.. but a good enough reward for a hard working student

incoherent English? anyway, i'm sure you got the point.
Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 09, 2012
duality:

haha grin my GPA? oh! not a first class though.. but a good enough reword for a hard working student

incoherent English? anyway, i'm sure you got the point.

Can someone translate this? Is this igbo or Ijaw?

I speak Yoruba, so I'm definitely sure it is not Yoruba.
Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by starlightRR(m): 6:41pm On Apr 09, 2012
Let her bear the consequences, no more ideas on how to escape this plssss.....1.4 is not even an honourable third class , pride must be involved in her having a 3rd class cos i've seen dumbies having 2.2 because they knew their primary reason for been in school n sort out for help(tutorials)......a good|bad result is not really a criteria for becoming successful though .

2 Likes

Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by olalekanba(m): 6:43pm On Apr 09, 2012
1. The fault is hers alone and am sure she knows that.
2. She needs to explain to her mum ASAP becos whether she likes it or not her mum will soon find out. I don't understand parents these days, you have a daughter in the university for FOUR years without knowing her results.
3. Luckly she has an extra year, she needs to check if doing more courses can push the cgpa to second class lower.

She's made mistakes in the last four years, correcting wrongs of yesterday is going to come at a HUGE cost.

I hope she's ready to pay the price.

You need to encourage her, it's not the end of life. A very sucessful future lies in her hands.

1 Like

Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 09, 2012
olalekanba: 1. The fault is hers alone and am sure she knows that.
2. She needs to explain to her mum ASAP becos whether she likes it or not her mum will soon find out. I don't understand parents these days, you have a daughter in the university for FOUR years without knowing her results.
3. Luckly she has an extra year, she needs to check if doing more courses can push the cgpa to second class lower.

She's made mistakes in the last four years, correcting wrongs of yesterday is going to come at a HUGE cost.

I hope she's ready to pay the price.

You need to encourage her, it's not the end of life. A very sucessful future lies in her hands.

Stop that thing.

Witha 1.48 GPA? Even Mr. Biggs will not hire her.

starlight®®:
Let her bear the consequences, no more ideas on how to escape this plssss.....1.4 is not even an honourable third class , pride must be involved in her having a 3rd class cos i've seen dumbies having 2.2 because they knew their primary reason for been in school n sort out for help(tutorials)......a good|bad result is not really a criteria for becoming successful though .

Yea, tell that to hiring employers in this economy. If she makes it past the pre-interview process, then miracle is definitely something manmade.
Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by duality(m): 6:47pm On Apr 09, 2012
she should just move on with her life; coz ther's not much she can do for now IF she wants to do the right thing.

@op, tell her to move on and that she has greater successes awaiting her in the future. besides all these degrees are vanity, they no longer guarantee daily bread.

she should hear the word of the Lord: PICK UP YOUR BED AND (MOVE ON) WALK. she also will soon find out that most of the things we kill our self for don't really matter much.

2 Likes

Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by emmerks(m): 6:48pm On Apr 09, 2012
please can we know the school and course of study, nothing is impossible in nigerian universities. Depending on the school, she can even graduate with 1st class; but can she defend it
Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 09, 2012
duality: she should just move on with her life; coz ther's not much she can do for now IF she wants to do the right thing.

@op, tell her to move on and that she has greater successes awaiting her in the future. besides all these degrees are vanity, they no longer guarantee daily bread.

she should hear the word of the Lord: PICK UP YOUR BED AND (MOVE ON) WALK. she also will soon find out that most of the things we kill our self for don't really matter much.

I'm so proud of you. You're doing better.

However, you should work more on your capitalization too. All in all, I'm impressed.

Back to the topic:

I agree with you. The girl needs to move on. Shebi even Jobs and Gates dropped out of school. There are other high paying useless jobs out there; like a career in nollywood or a career in the music industry. She can even start her own business. Nothing is impossible. School is not for everyone.

2 Likes

Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by duality(m): 6:57pm On Apr 09, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

I'm so proud of you. You're doing better.

However, you should work more on your capitalization too. All in all, I'm impressed.

Back to the topic:

I agree with you. The girl needs to move on. Shebi even Jobs and Gates dropped out of school. There are other high paying useless jobs out there; like a career in nollywood or a career in the music industry. She can even start her own business. Nothing is impossible. School is not for everyone.

thanks for the compliment

2 Likes

Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by prettymaxy(f): 7:05pm On Apr 09, 2012
Its never late. God maketh every impossiblity possible. She can still graduate with a better result if only shes ready to read like never b4 and pray like like she has never prayed b4. The God dat did it 4 me can still do it for her. Holiness is the key, anytin dat will nt allw her achieve her goals she shld drop e.gfrnds, bfetc. I pray God answers her prayers.
Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 09, 2012
starlight®®:

And I thought I've heard it all!
What the fvck is 'honourable third class'?
Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by chukwuinya: 7:19pm On Apr 09, 2012
she didnt play her card well,is a pity!! Want my advice? Hmm u know u cant run away from the truth no matter how u try,just brace up to the challenge of having misused ur opportunity,dont go for any back door upgrading of GPA,tell ur mum d truth n tell her u hav learnt ur lesson,be determined to turn a new leaf.u r not a failure yet until u accept dat u r

1 Like

Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by Uzy47(m): 7:21pm On Apr 09, 2012
start all over things noni
Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by Imoobot(m): 7:37pm On Apr 09, 2012
Just hug d nearest transfomer. Losers give excuses, winners give results..,mctheeeeew
Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by aieromon(m): 7:38pm On Apr 09, 2012
First of all,she has to take responsibility for her inability to make a good grade in school.Let her find her passion and build on it.If she feels she can excel academically,let her be bold enough to take a PGD programme.
She's depressed because of what the world will think of her.She had better sit tight and start thinking about WHAT SHE WANTS THE WORLD TO REMEMBER HER BY?

3 Likes

Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by chizstic: 7:41pm On Apr 09, 2012
The Truth, dey say will set u free, whateva the reaction of her mum is, let it be that she has said the truth,@ the end it will set her free, but the road to freedom will not be smooth, its gonna be as rough as the skin of an elephant,if she really wnt to change,after apologising, let her face her studies. Think that will be the best to solve this mystery.

1 Like

Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by iykay4455(m): 7:54pm On Apr 09, 2012
That's just too low.What has she been doing all these years?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nairalander Makes Case For Nigeria's Informal Waste Workers / Senate Mulls Converting Yabatech, Ilaro Poly To Universities / FG Denies Tuition Hike, Says Education Bank Underway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.