Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,522 members, 7,850,785 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:04 AM

2012 NYSC Batch B(june) Aspirants Meet Here. - NYSC (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 2012 NYSC Batch B(june) Aspirants Meet Here. (173886 Views)

NYSC 2012 Batch B Kaduna State Aspirants, Meet Here! / NYSC 2012 Batch B Ogun State Aspirants Meet Here / NYSC BATCH C 2012 Aspirants Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2012 NYSC Batch B(june) Aspirants Meet Here. by fashrola(m): 5:48pm On May 24, 2012
moshoodn: Welcome to the club fashola!!!!!

Been following all your posts of late ant they have been quite expository in nature.

Thanks a lot. . . welcome aboard.

My hails to the Chiefs 9-stone, T.stone, Shakz et all... and the ladies too. . . too numerous to mention!!!!

I'm still loyal to you guys, just that i'm always on the road of late, so my inputs are minimal.

Thx man...I really appreciate
Re: 2012 NYSC Batch B(june) Aspirants Meet Here. by Tstone1(m): 5:50pm On May 24, 2012
moshoodn: Welcome to the club fashola!!!!!

Been following all your posts of late ant they have been quite expository in nature.

Thanks a lot. . . welcome aboard.

My hails to the Chiefs 9-stone, T.stone, Shakz et all... and the ladies too. . . too numerous to mention!!!!

I'm still loyal to you guys, just that i'm always on the road of late, so my inputs are minimal.

Yes Boss! Am always loyal too. You be chairman nah.
Re: 2012 NYSC Batch B(june) Aspirants Meet Here. by bukkylois(f): 6:22pm On May 24, 2012
fashrola:

Same
here too, but don't worry just meet your student Affairs and request for an ID card, I think skools will offer all students with one year validity ID card when coming to collect your call-up letter, or yet still go and do the-way-and-manner ID card for yourself

Thanks now my mind is at peace
Re: 2012 NYSC Batch B(june) Aspirants Meet Here. by fashrola(m): 6:32pm On May 24, 2012
My fellow corp members....well I'm very delighted with your comments, I feel glad when I do provide solutions to people, it really gladdens my heart, and I promise to give out full and sincere information about Akwa Ibom state.. Ok here we go again
If you wanna serve in Uyo, there's a lot of places and good schools here, especially with this new NYSC policy, Don't Panic my dear, cos Uyo public skools are really equipped with all the basic amenities.

CORPERS TO BE POSTED TO UYO
*What you must know
EDUCATIONAL SECTOR: All Public skools especially the primary skools are recently rehabilitated, The state governor mandated all public skools to be fenced round and painted with one colour (Yellow and Red) so this has really beautify the structure of the public skools and also enticing for teachers to teach and students to learn well; The free and compulsory education in the state has made government has invested heavily in the education sector, so that means there's a lot of educational materials to teach pupils and students alike, thereby there's a free-flow of communication between the teacher and the student.

AGRICULTURAL SECTOR: They are different agricultural parastatals in Uyo, especially the on-going scheme for farmers in the state, I think there are great opportunities for corp members here.

HEALTH SECTOR: Hmmmm, there's a lot of opportunities here in Uyo, especially at University of Uyo Teaching Hospital, Local health centers, because of the free health care programme in the states

ACCOMMODATION: Well there are good houses around, very cheap even on high profile areas, though your place of work will determine where you'll like to live. Ikot Ekpene Road, Abak Road, Oron Rd, Barracks Road, Ikpa Road are good examples of places where you might find good houses...due to proximity to the urban area.

TRANSPORTATION: Keke napepsa!!! One of the common transportation means in the city; Though there are cabs too, Keke ply almost the major roads in Uyo, which mostly are straight roads and interconnected to each other, thereby making means of transportation easier.
Re: 2012 NYSC Batch B(june) Aspirants Meet Here. by fashrola(m): 6:50pm On May 24, 2012
*Continuation*

POWER SUPPLY: Hmmm well even in Abuja there's no constant light, so even in uyo there's no constant power supply; but @ least its manageable....Though power supply is stable along Wellington Bassey Way (Formerly known as Barracks Road), Ekpenyong street axis due to proximity to the Government house and Police barracks...though power supply in some areas are epileptic but you need to endure...that's NYSC for you.

SECURITY: Well as far as know, there's no safe place even in USA, there are some security loopholes in Nigeria, so Uyo is not left out, but due to the heavy presence of Joint task force in strategic points, tragic moments are minimised in Uyo...at least no bombs( so no fear joor).

NIGHT LIFE: hahahahahaha I know this is what you have been waiting for...(See una face Ashawo-boys n gehs) ok nah...though since the Okada business was banned, night-life slowed a lil-bit, but as of now I think, night-life is coming out of its shell (big time)..there are few clubs and sit-out spots which includes Monty lounge, Lounge-uno, Wimpy bar, Billionaire's club, etc...so no dull moments in Uyo.
Re: 2012 NYSC Batch B(june) Aspirants Meet Here. by kinnad(m): 6:51pm On May 24, 2012
silat: Nice 2 meet γ̥ợ̣̣̇̇̇υ̲̣̥ all. I'm also in batch b, I've waited 4 d past 3yrs for service. Thank God my name finally came out. Hoping 2 serve in ph.
my dear we're in same shoes o! But delay's nt denial,this is our time,n we've gat 2 double up
Re: 2012 NYSC Batch B(june) Aspirants Meet Here. by fashrola(m): 7:03pm On May 24, 2012
FACILITIES: Uyo is a small organized town, not as big as Lagos, but it is well managed and it is still undergoing major face uplift, Facilities you may expect to see in Uyo includes, A newly built flyover. (claimed to be finest flyover in Nigeria), Ibom Tropicana ( Walt-Disney of Africa) this is where Silverbird cinema Uyo is located too (Oboy movie na N250 only there), 5 star hotel (lol some corper dey say "oboy u dey mad ooo, wetin I wan go do there"?) Don't Panic if you don't go there ur service year in Uyo is a waste, who knows who u might meet there? its not as expensive as it sounds, just go there and chillout with a bottle of coke lol, we have Ultrafit (modern sports center) are u a sportsman or woman? Then this is a place for you, located @ Ewet Housing Estate and owned by former Nigeria Chief of Air Staff, Air Vice Marshal Nsikak Eduok, men there are a lot of places to visit in Uyo, when you come over, u'll see things for urself..

That's all folks man.... Abeg I know some of my grammars are bad...just accept am like that joor...and my fingers are hurting too

Just ff me on twitter @iam_kingzola don't forget to mention for a follow bk
Re: 2012 NYSC Batch B(june) Aspirants Meet Here. by lawalbo(m): 7:15pm On May 24, 2012
Corper shun! ♓ôω una dey ☺ i hail ☺ can't wait to meet some people here looks like A̶̲̥̅ one big family.U̶̲̥̅̊ can all ff me on twitter @lawtob i wud ff U̶̲̥̅̊ bk.love U̶̲̥̅̊ all
Re: 2012 NYSC Batch B(june) Aspirants Meet Here. by Nicholas4(m): 7:25pm On May 24, 2012
hallo people. If anybody nor tel me abt Ogun state 4 here, I go shoot gun 4 dis forum or abi na bomb una prefer... Plsss, hw is service lk in Ogun state
Re: 2012 NYSC Batch B(june) Aspirants Meet Here. by naijaobi(m): 7:26pm On May 24, 2012
fashrola:

FACILITIES: Uyo is a small organized town, not as big as Lagos, but it is well managed and it is still undergoing major face uplift, Facilities you may expect to see in Uyo includes, A newly built flyover. (claimed to be finest flyover in Nigeria), Ibom Tropicana ( Walt-Disney of Africa) this is where Silverbird cinema Uyo is located too (Oboy movie na N250 only there), 5 star hotel (lol some corper dey say "oboy u dey mad ooo, wetin I wan go do there"?) Don't Panic if you don't go there ur service year in Uyo is a waste, who knows who u might meet there? its not as expensive as it sounds, just go there and chillout with a bottle of coke lol, we have Ultrafit (modern sports center) are u a sportsman or woman? Then this is a place for you, located @ Ewet Housing Estate and owned by former Nigeria Chief of Air Staff, Air Vice Marshal Nsikak Eduok, men there are a lot of places to visit in Uyo, when you come over, u'll see things for urself..

That's all folks man.... Abeg I know some of my grammars are bad...just accept am like that joor...and my fingers are hurting too

am following u now bro....follow me back @ifeanyicc
Re: 2012 NYSC Batch B(june) Aspirants Meet Here. by naijaobi(m): 7:31pm On May 24, 2012
lawalbo: Corper shun! ♓ôω una dey ☺ i hail ☺ can't wait to meet some people here looks like A̶̲̥̅ one big family.U̶̲̥̅̊ can all ff me on twitter @lawtob i wud ff U̶̲̥̅̊ bk.love U̶̲̥̅̊ all
am following u...follow back @ifeanyicc
Re: 2012 NYSC Batch B(june) Aspirants Meet Here. by lawalbo(m): 7:35pm On May 24, 2012
Now ff U̶̲̥̅̊ bk @@ifeanyic
Re: 2012 NYSC Batch B(june) Aspirants Meet Here. by kinnad(m): 7:54pm On May 24, 2012
grin

NIGHT LIFE: hahahahahaha I know this is what you have been waiting for...(See una face Ashawo-
boys n gehs) grin

guy u funny die...
Re: 2012 NYSC Batch B(june) Aspirants Meet Here. by kinnad(m): 8:13pm On May 24, 2012
mykejones: Lolzz..alrite,am based in Kaduna, and I graduated frm ABU zaria,so i'l cal myself a Northerner.
Kaduna was quite peaceful,I'd once argued it was the most peaceful Northern state..wel,until recently.
In case u r posted here,it's no biggie.
Oppurtunity abounds in kaduna..lots of Industries and parastatals. Kaduna city is the most developed. There's also Zaria, where i schooled. Safe for the school,zaria could be ranked as underdeveloped. And except in the case where u find urself inside the school community,the town itself can't be classified as 70percent safe when there's trouble.
Kafachan is also another gud town,predominatly populated by the Christain faith.
Jaji is another town. A military cantoment. And apart frm the "military zone",Jaji can be classified as a 'hot zone'.
In summary,Kaduna is largely divided in2 Muslim populated North, Christian dominated South.
If u fall in2 the nortern part,pls,include 'veil' as one of ur requirements.
I heard the state government,on the pop ground give 30k as TP to its outgoin corpers. Of cors,which eva cooperations u find urself,they'l also pay..even handsomely as the case my be.
Electricity- Fairly good. There are places where u can get 24/7..other places are been rationed.
Accomodation..depending on the range and ur tastes.
Security-I'v said much on that.
NB: There's a working refinary in kd..close 2my house. They accept corpers too and d pay is jaw opening and mouth watering.
Goodluck.
hmmm! Gud info u hav here@mykejones,tanx a lot. I've heard of kaduna a long time ago n hv always dreamt of being there until recently ¤~fears~¤. Talking about veil,i gues dats an escape 4mula 4 d ladies,wat abt guys?? I knw i wnt be dia,bt life is highly unpredictable...no 1 knws wat d nxt minute brings along. Plz more comments guys
Re: 2012 NYSC Batch B(june) Aspirants Meet Here. by Okoya(f): 8:24pm On May 24, 2012
NYSC conducted it's briefing in LASU today...... Buh on d timetable it's still end of nxt month....
What do u guyz feel? Maybe they still want 2 bring d date forward because of d Muslim fasting... I pray oooo
Re: 2012 NYSC Batch B(june) Aspirants Meet Here. by Abbasufi: 8:36pm On May 24, 2012
kinnad: Please o! Any northerner in d house,plz we need ur peice of info,just in case...u knw,u neva can tell

ONE HERE WHAT DO U WANA KNOW? HMMM
Re: 2012 NYSC Batch B(june) Aspirants Meet Here. by moshoodn(m): 8:59pm On May 24, 2012
naijaobi:
am following u...follow back @ifeanyicc
Re: 2012 NYSC Batch B(june) Aspirants Meet Here. by moshoodn(m): 9:02pm On May 24, 2012
Okoya: NYSC conducted it's briefing in LASU today...... Buh on d timetable it's still end of nxt month....
What do u guyz feel? Maybe they still want 2 bring d date forward because of d Muslim fasting... I pray oooo
July 2nd is still okay.
It should be left that way.
Re: 2012 NYSC Batch B(june) Aspirants Meet Here. by dahmylolah(m): 9:12pm On May 24, 2012
fashrola:

THINGS YOU'LL NEED WHEN GOING TO
NYSC CAMP
Here they are:
*16 Photocopies of Statement of Result
*16 Photocopies of School ID Card
*16-24 copies of passport photo
*16 Photocopies of Call-up Letter
*10 plain sheets of paper
*A Pen
*Stapler with your own pins (will save
you a lot of begging)
*glue
*A Cardigan
*4 Round-necked white T-Shirts
*2-3 extra pairs of white Shorts
*a pair of plain white Sneakers (the one
NYSC will give may scatter)
*5 pairs of white socks
*A pair of slippers
*DETTOL (very essential)
*A Novel (very essential esp. if u read a
lot, or if u get bored easily)
*Money about 20 to 30,000 Naira
should see you through the camp
period modestly. but if you have to
drink and hang out at The Mammy
market a lot, then you can take more
monies depending on how much you
can finish, be wise though!
Your Toiletries
*Bucket, soap dish (buy at the camp
site, don't stress yourself taking one to
the place, they always sell in the camp)
*Waist bag
*Torchlight
*Music (Ipod, MP3, Phone...any which
one, just take ya music)
*ATM card (u may need 2 run out and
get dough..)
*Food Flask
Sun Glasses: It can get really sunny,
especially in the north, but I'll advice all
to take sun glasses since you'll be
standing on the parade ground for long
hours. unless it's rainy season.
*Please remember to also take the
original documents, some camps
will send you home if u don't have
originals.
*I have got a few questions from people
who wanted to know if the photocopies
are not too many. Well, you are better
off taking a few more copies than less.
NB: don't pack loads of unnecessary
stuff sha... as for day clothes (mufti)
pack one or two cos you'll only be allowed to go on mufti on Sundays and
you have 3 Sundays, so why pack all
your clothes? On the 1st day of registration, try to see that after you do
your registration where u declare your
call-up letter, you endeavor to register for accommodation as early as possible, if not you'll not have a place to sleep on ur 1st night in camp, and that's not
funny.
Thanks.. Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊ just made ma day.... And bai †ђξ way.. Bigups 2 evrybody that made this thread successful.. 4rm †ђξ op and his co-moderators... bumped into it å lil l8.. But will nw follow diligently!! Corper shun!!!!
Re: 2012 NYSC Batch B(june) Aspirants Meet Here. by moshoodn(m): 9:26pm On May 24, 2012
dahmylolah:
Thanks.. Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊ just made ma day.... And bai †ђξ way.. Bigups 2 evrybody that made this thread successful.. 4rm †ђξ op and his co-moderators... bumped into it å lil l8.. But will nw follow diligently!! Corper shun!!!!
Shun!
Welcome aboard. . . Its not late to help made this thread more glorious and wonderful.
Re: 2012 NYSC Batch B(june) Aspirants Meet Here. by flairlady(f): 9:29pm On May 24, 2012
@fashrola,thanks 4 da info,nice writeup,@silat.congrats and u re welcome on board.@ al,i dey hail
Re: 2012 NYSC Batch B(june) Aspirants Meet Here. by Tstone1(m): 9:33pm On May 24, 2012
fashrola:

Thanks a bunch! Pls talk small abt d rural areas too. Much concentration is been given to d capital.
Re: 2012 NYSC Batch B(june) Aspirants Meet Here. by Tstone1(m): 9:37pm On May 24, 2012
flairlady: @fashrola,thanks 4 da info,nice writeup,@silat.congrats and u re welcome on board.@ al,i dey hail
My Lady, I dey hail too o. Hw una day? Mine was cool.
Re: 2012 NYSC Batch B(june) Aspirants Meet Here. by Tstone1(m): 9:39pm On May 24, 2012
moshoodn: July 2nd is still okay.
I concour. They shld just leave it for july 2nd. My Oga hw una dey o?
I dey hail o!
Re: 2012 NYSC Batch B(june) Aspirants Meet Here. by Tstone1(m): 9:41pm On May 24, 2012
Okoya: NYSC conducted it's briefing in LASU today...... Buh on d timetable it's still end of nxt month....
Okoya plz wat was d briefing all about?
Re: 2012 NYSC Batch B(june) Aspirants Meet Here. by moshoodn(m): 9:52pm On May 24, 2012
T.stone:

I concour. They shld just leave it for july 2nd. My Oga hw una dey o?
I dey hail o!
I dey hail back o. . . How prep for your side?
[quote author=T.stone]
Yea, pls lets know the whatsup of the meeting.
Re: 2012 NYSC Batch B(june) Aspirants Meet Here. by Shygal(f): 9:55pm On May 24, 2012
wow! Wn is d muslim fastin n wt ws d briefin all abt? Tnx.
Re: 2012 NYSC Batch B(june) Aspirants Meet Here. by Shygal(f): 9:58pm On May 24, 2012
flairlady: @fashrola,thanks 4 da info,nice writeup,@silat.congrats and u re welcome on board.@ al,i dey hail
miss flair, i hail u bk. Tnx
Re: 2012 NYSC Batch B(june) Aspirants Meet Here. by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 24, 2012
@fashrola:thanks a lot for the info
@flairlady:i dey hail back o
Re: 2012 NYSC Batch B(june) Aspirants Meet Here. by naijaobi(m): 10:13pm On May 24, 2012
TOP OF THE EVENING TO EVERYBODY......
Re: 2012 NYSC Batch B(june) Aspirants Meet Here. by 9zeros(m): 10:29pm On May 24, 2012
moshoodn: July 2nd is still okay.
yeah. but if dey can stil shift it to june 2nd, it will make more sense!. NO TIME. abi my ppl, how una see am?
@all: i dey hail una. special hailin 2 uncle-t n mr. mosh.
@governor fashrola: keep d gud work. i'm rily fallin 4 A/I.
Re: 2012 NYSC Batch B(june) Aspirants Meet Here. by Okoya(f): 10:41pm On May 24, 2012
T.stone:

We were asked 2 come wit original copies very compulsory
Note: do not laminate ur call up letter
Transport allowance: 1,000
Bicycle allowance: 1,500
Leave allowanc: 1,500
Allowee:19,800
I've forgotten d last one buh it's 1,200
All allowances are tax free
U nid more info?

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (184) (Reply)

NYSC Allowance For States In Nigeria / NYSC 2018 Batch B Corps Members Thread / NYSC 2018 Batch A Corps Members House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.