Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday (2123 Views)

Finally! The Pope Agrees With Muslims “Jesus Did Not Die At The Cross” / Pastor Adeboye Was Afraid To Die On Nigeria Airways Flight / Islam’s Proof That Jesus Did Not Die On The Cross ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by dekung(m): 9:19am On Apr 09, 2012
Joagbaje:

It is wiser to study than to do blind criticism. There are several sabbaths in he bible
Why not quote the scriptures that says there are several sabbaths.
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by Goshen360(m): 2:25pm On Apr 09, 2012
What Really Happened from Burial to Resurrection: Christ's crucifixion took place on Wednesday

Christ’s crucifixion took place on Passover day, the 14th of Abib (or Nisan), the first month in God’s Sacred Calendar. This occurred in the year A.D. 31, in which Passover fell on a Wednesday. Many fail to consider the prophecy that the Messiah would be “cut off…in the midst of the week” (Dan. 9:26-27). Wednesday falls in the middle of the week—the very day upon which Passover fell in A.D. 31. According to the Roman calendar, this date was Wednesday, April 25.
Between the ninth and twelfth hours (3:00 - 6:00 p.m.), Christ died (Luke 23:44-46). With Governor Pilate’s permission, Joseph of Arimathaea procured the body, wrapped it in linen (John 19:40) and placed it in the sepulcher (Luke 23:50-53). By the time the burial was complete, the Sabbath “drew on” (vs. 54). Thus, the burial took place on Passover day, shortly before sunset.

That Passover was a preparation day, in that it preceded an annual Sabbath. This annual Sabbath (called the First Day of Unleavened Bread) was called a high Sabbath or “high day” (John 19:31) and fell on a Thursday that year. It was on this day that the high priest and the Pharisees came to Pilate to ensure that Christ’s tomb was securely guarded and sealed (Matt. 27:62-66).

Mark 16:1 records what took place on that Friday: “And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint Him.” (Verse 2 jumps to Sunday morning.) The phrase, “and when the Sabbath was past,” refers to the high day that occurred on Thursday. Since the women could not buy spices on the seventh-day Sabbath (Saturday), Friday was the only time they could have done so.
Luke 23:56 states, “And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.” After buying the spices, they returned and prepared them to be applied to Christ’s body in the tomb, which they planned to do after resting on the weekly Sabbath.

Luke 24:1 states, “Now upon the first day of the week [Sunday], very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulcher, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.” The women found the tomb empty (vs. 3). Two angels in shining garments informed them that Christ was already “risen” (vs. 4-6). Mark 16:2 states that the women were present “at the rising of the sun.” This means Christ was resurrected before sunrise. John 20:1further tells us that Mary Magdalene came early “when it was yet dark” and found the stone that sealed the tomb was already rolled away. No sunrise resurrection could have occurred—because Christ was already resurrected!

Nowhere does Scripture record that Christ rose at sunrise on Sunday morning. However, it does tell us that Christ would be in His grave for three days and three nights. Anyone willing to believe the Bible should not find this difficult to accept. In fact, it is the only logical conclusion that can be drawn. Christ was placed in the tomb just before sunset on Wednesday. Three complete days (three days and three nights) bring us to the end of the weekly Sabbath, just prior to sunset, when Christ was resurrected—just as He had prophesied!

Source
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by procedure: 7:36pm On Apr 09, 2012
A new day starts 12am and ends 11.59pm. Jesus gave up his spirit and buried before 12am on friday. He was still dead on saturday, and rose in the morning on sunday after 12am. The importance of the word day is not 24hrs or72hrs which is day and night but 3days friday, saturday ,sunday he was in the grave. God created for 6days does not mean he spent 24hrs 6days working. It means on each day there was something new. On each of the days christ was in the grave.
If u understand the scriptures mary went to the tomb of christ to anoint him for preservation on sunday when he rose they could not go on saturday because it was sabbath that is why the bodies of christ was removed quickly. Christ died on friday not wednesday its a matter of history check history.
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by Goshen360(m): 7:50pm On Apr 09, 2012
^^^
God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day. Gen 1:5 nkjv.
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by procedure: 7:59pm On Apr 09, 2012
When some one ask u to see them in a place on a day may be monday do u spend morning and evening. Or going to school every day is morning and evening. When a child is born on a day or some one dies is it morning evening. When an event occurs on a day that day is attached to it.God saying morning evening is a day is a spoken word to create a 24hrs, calendar and seasons.
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by Goshen360(m): 11:00pm On Apr 09, 2012
^^^
You will need to argue with God that called "light" DAY and "darkness" NIGHT.

God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day. Gen 1:5

You will also need to ask Jesus to clarify this,

"For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. Matt 12:40 nkjv

Simply put this way, I will spend three day(lights) and three nights (darkness) in the heart of the earth. It's either you are proving Christ wrong to make yourself right or Christ is right. Christ didn't just say three days, if which, your logic would have been right but Christ said, THREE DAYS (LIGHT) AND THREE NIGHTS (DARKNESS) in the heart of the earth.

I guess this three days and three nights is the point you are still missing. Sir, HOW DOES HIS DEATH ON ANYTIME ON FRIDAY, RESURRECTION ON SUNDAY EQUATE THREE DAYS (LIGHT) AND THREE NIGHTS (DARKNESS)?
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by buzugee(m): 11:19pm On Apr 09, 2012
goshen360: ^^^
You will need to argue with God that called "light" DAY and "darkness" NIGHT.

God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day. Gen 1:5

You will also need to ask Jesus to clarify this,

"For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. Matt 12:40 nkjv

Simply put this way, I will spend three day(lights) and three nights (darkness) in the heart of the earth. It's either you are proving Christ wrong to make yourself right or Christ is right. Christ didn't just say three days, if which, your logic would have been right but Christ said, THREE DAYS (LIGHT) AND THREE NIGHTS (DARKNESS) in the heart of the earth.

I guess this three days and three nights is the point you are still missing. Sir, HOW DOES HIS DEATH ON ANYTIME ON FRIDAY, RESURRECTION ON SUNDAY EQUATE THREE DAYS (LIGHT) AND THREE NIGHTS (DARKNESS)?
goes to show you we are in the belly of the beast since the world has been handed to the wicked JOB 9 VS 24. They just do whatever they want and change everything to suit their agenda. like how each day of the week we are worshipping different gods that we are not aware off like
monday-moon god
tuesday- tyr god
wednesday- woden god
thursday- thor god
friday- frigg god
saturday- saturn god
sunday- sun god

or how they got the months messed up
sept (7) tember
oct (8 ) tober
nov (9) ember
dec-ember is supposed to be the 10th month right ? We are in the belly of the gentiles. However lord says, come out of her my people REVELATION 18 VS 4 Come out of her, my people, so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues; SO IF YOU COME OUT OF HER MENTALLY AND SPIRITUALLY, YOU SHOULDNT BE CELEBRATING HER HOLIDAYS LIKE EASTER AND HENCE YOU WOULDNT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT HOW 3 DAYS DONT FIT INTO 2 DAYS. THATS HER MADE UP TRADITION. NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MESSIAH.
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by Goshen360(m): 11:40pm On Apr 09, 2012
@ buzugee,

Why quoting me sir. I don't believe in Easter. Just telling the bros Procedure, how he can equate that Christ died on Friday, resurrected on Sunday to mean three days and three nights that Christ said he will be in the heart of the earth. Easter is falsehood if Friday is good Friday and resurrection on Sunday, and people call that three days and three nights.

From Lent, to Easter Friday and Sunday to Christmas and all ungodly festivals being celebrated. Whatever I don't find in the bible that is celebrated today is falsehood as far as am concerned.

Thank you.
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by Goshen360(m): 11:44pm On Apr 09, 2012
buzugee:
However lord says, come out of her my people REVELATION 18 VS 4 Come out of her, my people, so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues; SO IF YOU COME OUT OF HER MENTALLY AND SPIRITUALLY, YOU SHOULDNT BE CELEBRATING HER HOLIDAYS LIKE EASTER AND HENCE YOU WOULDNT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT HOW 3 DAYS DONT FIT INTO 2 DAYS. THATS HER MADE UP TRADITION. NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MESSIAH.

VERY CORRECT AND TRUE SIR. I CAN'T BUT AGREE. THANK YOU SIR. CHRISTIANS NEED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT ALL THESE PAGAN FESTIVALS.

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

1 Like

Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by buzugee(m): 2:16am On Apr 10, 2012
goshen360: @ buzugee,

Why quoting me sir. I don't believe in Easter. Just telling the bros Procedure, how he can equate that Christ died on Friday, resurrected on Sunday to mean three days and three nights that Christ said he will be in the heart of the earth. Easter is falsehood if Friday is good Friday and resurrection on Sunday, and people call that three days and three nights.

From Lent, to Easter Friday and Sunday to Christmas and all ungodly festivals being celebrated. Whatever I don't find in the bible that is celebrated today is falsehood as far as am concerned.

Thank you.
Goshen i know you dont believe in easter. i was just trying to stimulate conversation. and then i got drawn into watching a movie online lol. and you are right. whatever is not in the bible is mans tradition.
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by Joagbaje(m): 3:21am On Apr 10, 2012
dekung:
Why not quote the scriptures that says there are several sabbaths.

Sabbaths have been observed on different days, for different lengths of time:
i.Sabbaths on Different Days: a.On the first day ( Lev. 23:39 )
b.On the seventh day ( Ex. 20:10 )
c.On the eighth day ( Lev. 23:39 ) ii.Sabbaths of Different Lengths: a.One day long ( Ex. 16:23-29 ) b.Two days long ( Lev. 23:6-8 , 15-22 ) c.One year long ( Lev. 25:4 )
d.Seventy years long (2Chr. 36:21)
e.Eternity long ( Heb. 4:9 )
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by Image123(m): 10:35am On Apr 10, 2012
Why do we major on non essentials? There's nothing wrong with celebrating easter, thanksgiving etc. You people are too religious, God needs righteous people not religious people.
"One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind." (Romans 14:5).
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by Chuksxp: 10:32pm On Apr 10, 2012
Image123: Why do we major on non essentials? There's nothing wrong with celebrating easter, thanksgiving etc. You people are too religious, God needs righteous people not religious people.
"One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind." (Romans 14:5).

Amen!

I was just about to post that scripture but then saw you already posted it. Here's another scripture:

Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. - Colossians 2:16,17

Sure, we may not have all the right dates and days, it doesn't really matter. I heard the Jews have their Calander which they adjusted over the centuries just as the western world have their calender which they changed and adjusted over the centuries as well. So you have two different calenders here.

"Christ did die on a Friday! But you are assuming that the modern Jewish way of dating is unchanged since the time of the first century, but they adjusted their calender just like the western world did! And so both calenders are evolved! Yes, this year the jewish passover falls on the same week as the western easter date, but these dates changes every year. And so in some years it's(the two feast days) close while in other years it isn't." - Jnormm

In conclusion, if you want to celebrate Easter, good! If you don't want to celebrate Easter, it's all good too! Let each man be convinced in his own mind. Don't judge me if I choose to celebrate it and don't judge me if I don't! smiley

In whatever you do, do it to the glory of God.
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by Nobody: 7:18am On Apr 11, 2012
OmoPastor: @ op

i wonder when people will start learning instead of swallowing anything thrown at them.

simple calculation and here we are arguing; how on earth can it be 3 days between friday and sunday and they still claim Jesus rose up very early on sunday?

religion is a bondage

When we swallow or not swallow this 3days issue, how is it going to help us to go to heaven?

People esteem days accordingly but itz not gona take A or B to heaven n leave C or D
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 11, 2012
Chuksxp:

Amen!

I was just about to post that scripture but then saw you already posted it. Here's another scripture:

Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. - Colossians 2:16,17

Sure, we may not have all the right dates and days, it doesn't really matter. I heard the Jews have their Calander which they adjusted over the centuries just as the western world have their calender which they changed and adjusted over the centuries as well. So you have two different calenders here.

"Christ did die on a Friday! But you are assuming that the modern Jewish way of dating is unchanged since the time of the first century, but they adjusted their calender just like the western world did! And so both calenders are evolved! Yes, this year the jewish passover falls on the same week as the western easter date, but these dates changes every year. And so in some years it's(the two feast days) close while in other years it isn't." - Jnormm

In conclusion, if you want to celebrate Easter, good! If you don't want to celebrate Easter, it's all good too! Let each man be convinced in his own mind. Don't judge me if I choose to celebrate it and don't judge me if I don't! smiley

In whatever you do, do it to the glory of God.

Amen Bros

(1) (2) (Reply)

Islam Is Fake Here Is Why / Vision Of Violent Wind/storm Destruction Coming To Lagos, Nigeria. / What Is The Best Evidence/Argument For Intelligent Design?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.