Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday (2121 Views)

Finally! The Pope Agrees With Muslims “Jesus Did Not Die At The Cross” / Pastor Adeboye Was Afraid To Die On Nigeria Airways Flight / Islam’s Proof That Jesus Did Not Die On The Cross ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by Joagbaje(m): 7:05pm On Apr 07, 2012
I've read much article on Easter and so much emphasis was laid on the fact that Jesus died on a Friday and resurrected on Sunday.

lets remember he had said he would be in the grave for 3days. theres no way Friday to Sunday will make 3days.

so which day did Jesus die.
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 07, 2012
Not just Easter. Xmas also. In fact Palm Sunday has to be wrong too. wt else?
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 07, 2012
Joagbaje: I've read much article on Easter and so much emphasis was laid on the fact that Jesus died on a Friday and resurrected on Sunday.

lets remember he had said he would be in the grave for 3days. theres no way Friday to Sunday will make 3days.

Just have faith.

A thousand years is like a day to god, so Friday to sunday can also be three days and three nights.

If you question this, are you going to question the ascension next? Doubting Thomas.
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by mj(m): 8:43pm On Apr 07, 2012
Jesus died on Nisan 14, that's on the Jewish Calendar and ,Nisan 14 falls on 5th April dis year. It varies every year but the most important thing is what date Nisan 14 falls on our calendar.
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by Joagbaje(m): 3:33am On Apr 08, 2012
Martian:

Just have faith.

A thousand years is like a day to god, so Friday to sunday can also be three days and three nights.

If you question this, are you going to question the ascension next? Doubting Thomas.

try do some studies and don't be too excited in your ignorance.
I should "have faith" in what? that friday evening to Sunday morning make 3days?. that's only 1 and half day!

Jesus died on a Wednesday and not on a Friday as popular taught.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by Goshen360(m): 3:46am On Apr 08, 2012
@ joagbaje,

Though i have not given this subject a serious attention neither did i believe in all this religious stuffs and ceremonies. I believe in our Lord Jesus Christ and forget about all these side line ceremonies but this will make me study the subject. However, do you have scriptural ground that Jesus died on Wednesday? or your conclusion is from the study of church history? or you just made calculations?
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by Nobody: 5:07am On Apr 08, 2012
Umm.. If you believe he died on a wednesday, and you have 'proof' that he died on a wednesday, what u gonna do abt it?
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by Joagbaje(m): 6:33am On Apr 08, 2012
goshen360: @ joagbaje,

Though i have not given this subject a serious attention neither did i believe in all this religious stuffs and ceremonies. I believe in our Lord Jesus Christ and forget about all these side line ceremonies but this will make me study the subject. However, do you have scriptural ground that Jesus died on Wednesday? or your conclusion is from the study of church history? or you just made calculations?

The misunderstanding came from

John 19:31
The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.

Because. It' was stated that the following day was a sabbath day. So it was assume to be a Friday since sabbath was Saturday. But the sabbath being referred to was not the normal Saturday sabbath , it was rather a high sabbath which can fall on any day. Just like Christmas day or new year day fell on sunday last year and on may fall or Monday this year and on Tuesday next year. Just like the year of jubilee may fall on different days in different year. The special sabbath call high sabbath fell on a thursday that particular year. And the day before that sabbath which Jesus was crucified was a Wednesday . So it was I high sabbath an not the normal weekly sabbath . Jesus was to spend 3days in the grave and not 1 and half day.

Matthew 12:40
For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Jesus could not have spent 3days and 3nights in the grave if he was crucified on a Friday . The high sabbath is a yearly Passover sabbath which falls on different days in different year .

. . . . the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, for that sabbath day was an high day,.
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by femi4: 6:48am On Apr 08, 2012
The most important thing is that he died and rose on the third day. Mere mortal in his foolishness tries to see the days in the physical than spiritual.We celebrate our birthday because we have faith and believe we were born on that day. Likewise with easter, we celebrate cos we believ he died on fri and rose on sunday
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by buzugee(m): 6:48am On Apr 08, 2012
when he died is not relevant. whatever celebration you are trying to derive out of that will be human-based, meaning it is carnal, meaning it is satanic. why would you celebrate on the day someone died ? as such the day is irrelevant. what is relevant is to have faith in him, love your neighbor as yourself and love God by obeying his laws. like ecclesiates 12 vs 13 says Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole [duty] of man.
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by Joagbaje(m): 6:52am On Apr 08, 2012
It's just to get he record straight. Happy Easter anyhow.

I WAS CRUCIFIED ,I DIED ,BUT AFTER 3 DAYS ,I WAS RAISED FROM THE DEAD BY THE GLORY OF THE FATHER. I LIVE THROUGH CHRIST

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live. . .
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by buzugee(m): 6:55am On Apr 08, 2012
Joagbaje: It's just to get he record straight. Happy Easter anyhow.
you been missing in action Joe. Trust all is well Sir
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by God2man(m): 7:09am On Apr 08, 2012
Oga joagbaje, i hope all is well, you have been absent for a while, you are welcome back sir, God bless you. God2man.
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by Joagbaje(m): 7:11am On Apr 08, 2012
Been doing some high profile portraits , hand is full ,but it also helped me brake the addiction to Nairaland .
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by Nobody: 7:15am On Apr 08, 2012
'It is known fact that for many thousand years, we African have our own traditions,
this money-making organization came and put we Africans in total confusion'
.......Fela Kuti
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by Goshen360(m): 7:45am On Apr 08, 2012
Some of us take these celebrations as normal and don't attach any meaning to it. It makes a great different for Christians. If not, we will follow to worship all these pagan celebrations. Jesus cannot die on Friday and resurrected on Sunday, spending three days and three nights, that we know is not possible. So the Easter celebration must be wrong.
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by jmoore(m): 11:59am On Apr 08, 2012
died on friday or not.
crucified with arms outstretched or not.
black or not.

All these are trivial and are irrelevant to the gospel of Jesus.
The fact is that Jesus died and resurrected. It profits nothing when Christians go into debate on which day he died.
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by dekung(m): 12:35pm On Apr 08, 2012
Joagbaje:

The misunderstanding came from

The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.

Because. It' was stated that the following day was a sabbath day. So it was assume to be a Friday since sabbath was Saturday. But the sabbath being referred to was not the normal Saturday sabbath , it was rather a high sabbath which can fall on any day. Just like Christmas day or new year day fell on sunday last year and on may fall or Monday this year and on Tuesday next year. Just like the year of jubilee may fall on different days in different year. The special sabbath call high sabbath fell on a thursday that particular year. And the day before that sabbath which Jesus was crucified was a Wednesday . So it was I high sabbath an not the normal weekly sabbath . Jesus was to spend 3days in the grave and not 1 and half day.

Matthew 12:40
For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Jesus could not have spent 3days and 3nights in the grave if he was crucified on a Friday . The high sabbath is a yearly Passover sabbath which falls on different days in different year .

. . . . the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, for that sabbath day was an high day,.

Oga JoAgbaje pls do not try to twist truth to falsehood and vice versa. That sabbath day is a fixed day in the week, the day is sacrosanct however in Leviticus 23:4-8 we can see that the passover begins on the 14th day of the first month. Its like we know that xmas is on the 25th day of the 12th month but sunday worship day does not shift. The bible stated expressly....
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by dekung(m): 12:41pm On Apr 08, 2012
... that he died on the preparation day (eve of sabbath) Sabbath day of the week cannot shift but passover can shift like xmas day of the week can shift but sunday worship day of most churches cannot shift. True passover may have coincided with sabbath like xmas could fall on a sunday but that doesnt mean sunday automatically moved to thursday. Pls halt this deception forthwith! If he died on wednesday it will be stated expressly not implied
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by Image123(m): 12:52pm On Apr 08, 2012
Joagbaje: I've read much article on Easter and so much emphasis was laid on the fact that Jesus died on a Friday and resurrected on Sunday.

It's one of those reasons i dey usually fight you. Someone on another thread asked "Did Jesus die on a friday?". You, you came here to state "Jesus did not die on a friday". At the end of your OP, you don't even know.Anyway, in the spirit of forgiveness, and of easter, HAppY Easter.
To address your opening post, i'll say there's more reason to believe that Jesus died on Friday then any other day. One strong reason is that those that know more than us believe that He died on a Friday.
Secondly is just judgement. By just jugdement, i mean fair judgement. Weighing the two sides and seeing/stating which one outweighs. There aremore than 10 scriptures that outweigh the one scripture been quoted on this thread in support of a NO FRIDAY. Let me quote 10 scriptures quickly, they are more than 10 BTW. These 10 scriptures tell us without doubt that Jesus rose on the third day.
1. Matthew 16:21 From that time forth began Jesus to show unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.
2. Matthew 17:23 And they shall kill him, and the third day he shall be raised again. And they were exceeding sorry.
3. Matthew 20:19 And shall deliver him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify him: and the third day he shall rise again.
4. Mark 10:34 And they shall mock him, and shall scourge him, and shall spit upon him, and shall kill him: and[b] the third day he shall rise again. [/b]
5. Luke 9:22 Saying, The Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be slain, and be raised the third day.
6. Luke 18:33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.
7. Luke 24:7 Saying, the Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.
8. Act 10:40 Him God raised up the third day, and showed him openly;
9. 1Corinth 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the Scriptures:
10. Luke 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
So we clearly see that JESUS had to rise on the third day. Now simply put, if Jesus died on Friday, Friday would be the first day, not the zeroth day. Saturday would be the second day. Ans Sunday would be the third day. That's what the disciples on the road to Emmaus attested to.
Luke 24:21 But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, today is the third day since these things were done.
if we calculate like you all seem to be calculating, then He cannot rise on the third day but on the fourth day. From your calculations, Say He died on Thursday. thursday would be first day first night. Friday would be seconday second night. Friday would be third day and night. Completed according to Jo's law. Sunday would be fourth day, day to rise, ERROR ERROR, system crashed.
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 08, 2012
Joagbaje:
try do some studies and don't be too excited in your ignorance.

LMAO, silly negro thinks some fairy tale jew died, then "woke up" three days later and I'm ignorant!

Joagbaje:
I should "have faith" in what? that friday evening to Sunday morning make 3days?. that's only 1 and half day!

You already believe that the myth is real, so just "have faith" that 1.5 days = 3. It's the bible, so just "have faith".
O ye of little faith!!! What are you going to question next? Noah's Ark?

Joagbaje:
Jesus died on a Wednesday and not on a Friday as popular taught.

Jesus died on friday. The devil is a liar!!!! Is this what your cult master has been teaching you?
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by Joagbaje(m): 4:36pm On Apr 08, 2012
dekung:
Oga JoAgbaje pls do not try to twist truth to falsehood and vice versa. That sabbath day is a fixed day in the week, the day is sacrosanct however in Leviticus 23:4-8 we can see that the passover begins on the 14th day of the first month. Its like we know that xmas is on the 25th day of the 12th month but sunday worship day does not shift. The bible stated expressly....

It is wiser to study than to do blind criticism. There are several sabbaths in he bible
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by Joagbaje(m): 4:40pm On Apr 08, 2012
Martian:
Jesus died on friday. The devil is a liar!!!! Is this what your cult master has been teaching you?

So how do you make three days and three nights between Friday and sunday? Answer me. Or was Jesus lying ?
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by OmoPastor(m): 4:54pm On Apr 08, 2012
@ op

i wonder when people will start learning instead of swallowing anything thrown at them.

simple calculation and here we are arguing; how on earth can it be 3 days between friday and sunday and they still claim Jesus rose up very early on sunday?

religion is a bondage
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by Joagbaje(m): 4:59pm On Apr 08, 2012
Image123:
It's one of those reasons i dey usually fight you. Someone on another thread asked "Did Jesus die on a friday?". You, you came here to state "Jesus did not die on a friday".
I only saw the other thread after I posted mine. I even though I mistakenly posted mine twice until I saw the difference .

At the end of your OP, you don't even know.

I wanted to provoke thoughts first. I know the answer . It's Wednesday

Anyway, in the spirit of forgiveness, and of easter, HAppY Easter.
To address your opening post, i'll say there's more reason to believe that Jesus died on Friday then any other day. One strong reason is that those that know more than us believe that He died on a Friday.
Secondly is just judgement. By just jugdement, i mean fair judgement. Weighing the two sides and seeing/stating which one outweighs. There aremore than 10 scriptures that outweigh the one scripture been quoted on this thread in support of a NO FRIDAY. Let me quote 10 scriptures quickly, they are more than 10 BTW. These 10 scriptures tell us without doubt that Jesus rose on the third day.
1. Matthew 16:21 From that time forth began Jesus to show unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.
2. Matthew 17:23 And they shall kill him, and the third day he shall be raised again. And they were exceeding sorry.
3. Matthew 20:19 And shall deliver him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify him: and the third day he shall rise again.
4. Mark 10:34 And they shall mock him, and shall scourge him, and shall spit upon him, and shall kill him: and[b] the third day he shall rise again. [/b]
5. Luke 9:22 Saying, The Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be slain, and be raised the third day.
6. Luke 18:33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.
7. Luke 24:7 Saying, the Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.
8. Act 10:40 Him God raised up the third day, and showed him openly;
9. 1Corinth 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the Scriptures:
10. Luke 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
So we clearly see that JESUS had to rise on the third day.

Why the long repetition. I didn't dispute the three days Jesus spent in the grave. Why do like crossman?

Now simply put, if Jesus died on Friday, Friday would be the first day, not the zeroth day. Saturday would be the second day. Ans Sunday would be the third day. That's what the disciples on the road to Emmaus attested to.

This is simple mathematics. From Friday evening - Saturday evening = day 1. From Saturday evening to early Sunday morning is half a day. That's. 1 and half day

if we calculate like you all seem to be calculating, then He cannot rise on the third day but on the fourth day. From your calculations, Say He died on Thursday. thursday would be first day first night. Friday would be seconday second night. Friday would be third day and night. Completed according to Jo's law. Sunday would be fourth day, day to rise, ERROR ERROR, system crashed.

It can't be Thursday . Jesus didn't spend 3 days , he spent 3 days and 3 NIGHTS! The nights have to be included.

Wednesday evening to thursday evening = day 1
Thursday. evening to Friday evening = day 2
Friday Evening. To Saturday evening. = day 3 that completes the three nights. And he was up early Sunday. The Saturday night has to be there.

Dakes bible has interesting comment on this speciall sabbath

Notes For Verse 31 a [sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day)] This was Tuesday sunset to Wednesday sunset. The next day was a "high day" ( Jn. 19:31 ), a special sabbath of the feast, not the ordinary weekly sabbath, which was two days later ( Lev. 23:6-11 ). See note,

a [as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly] This indicates that Jonah was dead for three days and was resurrected as a true type of Christ. If this is not the case, then he could not be a true sign of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Nothing is said about Jonah being preserved alive in the whale's belly. It would be just as easy to believe one as the other. See notes, Jonah 2 . b [three days and three nights] Christ was dead for three full days and for three full nights. He was put in the grave Wednesday just before sunset and was resurrected at the end of Saturday at sunset. Good Friday should be changed to Good Wednesday. No statement says that He was buried Friday at sunset. This would make Him in the grave only one day and one night, proving His own words untrue ( Mt. 12:40 ). The sabbath of Jn. 19:31 was not the regular weekly one, but the special sabbath of the feast. See note, Jn. 19:31 ; note, Lk. 9:22
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by Goshen360(m): 5:03pm On Apr 08, 2012
@ Image123,

We believe Jesus raised from the dead on the third day sir. But to say Jesus died on Friday and raised on Sunday to fulfill the words of Jesus as in 3 days and 3 nights is the questionable aspect.

I have come to the Lord and believed God raised Him from the dead on the third day but that he died on Friday justifies 3 days and 3 nights is the questions. This is what we seek answers to. I just go an answer from an article on the internet that Jesus died on Wednesday and i will share it later. They used bible to explain his days on earth and i think that explanation is okay. There explanations justifies the 3 days and 3 nights Jesus predicted.

3 days and 3 nights, if he died on Friday Jesus cannot raise on Sunday. It's either Jesus was lying which he cannot or the Catholics had held us on pagan festivals for a long time.

brb, okay.
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by Nobody: 5:07pm On Apr 08, 2012
Joagbaje:
So how do you make three days and three nights between Friday and sunday? Answer me.

How did Joagbaje raise someone from the dead? By "Having Faith". So just have faith that 3 = 1.5. Just like the trinity is really one god. Same idea.

The devil is attacking your faith right now, that's why you're taking a non issue and blowing it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of proportion. If the bible says three day, then it MUST be three days. Are you going to question Adam and Eve next?

If you are going to give yourself a migraine over the missing day and a half, then you should tackle the question of how a talking snake convinced a woman to eat a fruit and why the situation had to be resolved by execution and magical resurrection?

Joagbaje:
Or was Jesus lying ?

I think the jesus character was just a little bit crazy but he was not a liar. The inane beatitudes and "gouge your eye out" and "cut your arm off" if they offend you are classic crazy man talk.
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by Joagbaje(m): 5:12pm On Apr 08, 2012
goshen360: @ Image123,

We believe Jesus raised from the dead on the third day sir. But to say Jesus died on Friday and raised on Sunday to fulfill the words of Jesus as in 3 days and 3 nights is the questionable aspect.

I have come to the Lord and believed God raised Him from the dead on the third day but that he died on Friday justifies 3 days and 3 nights is the questions. This is what we seek answers to. I just go an answer from an article on the internet that Jesus died on Wednesday and i will share it later. They used bible to explain his days on earth and i think that explanation is okay. There explanations justifies the 3 days and 3 nights Jesus predicted.

3 days and 3 nights, if he died on Friday Jesus cannot raise on Sunday. It's either Jesus was lying which he cannot or the Catholics had held us on pagan festivals for a long time.

brb, okay.

That's more like it jare. Let's see what you got.
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by Image123(m): 5:27pm On Apr 08, 2012
So we should get the one verse '3days and 3nights' correct and miss the numerous 'third day'? It's impossible to spend 3days and 3nights and still rise on the third day.
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 08, 2012
Thank God I got delivered from this confusion.. wt an argument...

But seriously, why argue over mundane things? Is there also any proof Christmas was the day Jesus was born? Saturday vs Sunday sabbath?

How long is a weekend?
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by LailaIkeji1: 6:12pm On Apr 08, 2012
this are all gud questions. but i think we shld be bothered abt keeping the faith, living out wat these occasions stand for. if you go tryin to unravel all these questions, why this why that, pple are still gonna stick to their beliefs anyways. but it still okay to try though. you never know.
Re: Jesus Did Not Die On A Friday by Image123(m): 12:25am On Apr 09, 2012
As a finish on the post where i was making some explanations on the popular maxim, not a literal expression, i quoted
Mat 27:63 Saying, Sir, we remember that that deceiver said, while he was yet alive, After three days I will rise again.
Mat 27:64 Command therefore that the sepulcher be made sure until the third day, lest his disciples come by night, and steal him away, and say unto the people, He is risen from the dead: so the last error shall be worse than the first.

It's clear that the oriental listeners of Jesus understood Him clearly, else they'd be looking for the fourth day as that 4th would be the day after three days/ three days and three nights. i'll add two more scriptures, sorry three

Luk 24:20 And how the chief priests and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to death, and have crucified him.
Luk 24:21 But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, today is the third day since these things were done.

This passage speaks of an account after Christ's resurrection, when Christ appeared to two of His disciples on their way to Emmaus that same day. They said "today is the third day". This statement can only be true if Jesus died on Friday and rose on Sunday. Like when we resume school and talk of the first day of resumption, or second year of operations. We know where we start the initial counting. Jesus died on Friday which is the first day. Second day is the Sabbath. third day is Sunday. It's so clear and simple i'm amazed. Too simple for our jetage perhaps.

Esther 4:16 Go, gather together all the Jews that are present in Shushan, and fast ye for me, and neither eat nor drink three days, night or day: I also and my maidens will fast likewise; and so will I go in unto the king, which is not according to the law: and if I perish, I perish.
It's the same maxim used here by Queen Esther, three days and three nights. If i told you like Esther to fast for me starting tomorrow, first day would be Monday, second day would be tuesday, and third day would be Wednessday, then Thursday the fourth day, i'll see the king. That's the calculation we're making on the thread, right? But the Jews understood it different.

Esther 5:1 Now it came to pass on the third day, that Esther put on her royal apparel, and stood in the inner court of the king's house, over against the king's house: and the king sat upon his royal throne in the royal house, over against the gate of the house.
Esther got up the THIRD DAY, not the fourth day, after the 3days and nights literally said.
Finally
2Chronicles 10:5 And he said unto them, Come again unto me after three days. And the people departed.
"After three days, He rose from death. I've never seen a man who rose from death like Jesus Christ". No surprise, me sef sabi the song. After three days to many of us would be the fourth day i.e when three days have passed. but to these guys, the understood it different. It was a common mode of expression. (like when we do eighth day for babies. Eighth day is seven days away from that day, not eight days away).

2Chronicles 10:12 So Jeroboam and ALL THE PEOPLE came to Rehoboam on the third day, as the king bade, saying, Come again to me on the third day.
You see what all the people did? Come again to me on the third day is equated to come again unto me after three days. This is simple understanding of other people and their cultures and way of life. I don't know why some(especially atheists here) are labelling this as a religion thing. Some are just going overboard on it like that's where their faith hangs on. well, i've tried and taken time to see how to break it down, rest is up to you yourself. if Jesus like, let Him rise one hour after death or one year, i really do not care, all my care is that He died for me and saved me from sin and satan, and was raised again for me to live and die no more.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why? Why? Why? Why? / Bulletproof Deacon At Christ Embassy / Islam Is Fake Here Is Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.