Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,869 members, 7,956,280 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:05 AM

Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists (15158 Views)

Governorship Polls: Jonathan Warns Against Intimidation Of Nigerians / President Jonathan Warns Nigerians To Expect More Soldiers During 2015 Elections / Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by jason123: 9:49pm On Apr 09, 2012
edicolove: One funny thing though is that ACN folks keep claiming they were part of Jonathan's emergence. I live in Lagos so I really wonder at such claim. They never came out to vote during the presidential election. The figures are clear on that. The non indegines in the south west were the votes Jonathan got from there. Their claim is very funny and hypocritical. Truth is PDP does not need yoruba votes to win in 2015. If the yorubas don't change their strategy, they will find themselves completely isolated very very soon.

Amazing! So non indigenes made GEJ win Oyo, Ogun, Ondo and Ekiti. This is really amazing. Mister, can you please tell us the "non-indigenes" that voted in, let's say, Ekiti or Ondo?

1 Like

Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by Amalaaba: 9:49pm On Apr 09, 2012
GAR3TH: One thing that makes me laugh about Nigerian politics is how people can not take criticism. Instead of tackling the problem, explaining yourself and damage control both politician and their followers will go out of their way to make the person or group who criticized them the bad guy. What is wrong with criticism, only in nigeria will the guy telling you not to hug the transformer be the bad guy. There is nothing wrong in tasking your politicians and holding them accountable for their actions, whether or not you support them or not. This is why nigeria is the way it is today, your politicians steal billions but yet you still vote for them next election because his from my tribe abi. nonsense, just look at how foriegn politicains are tasked by both their supporters and opponents everyday. Naija we hail thee.

HELLO GENTLEMEN AND LADIES,
I Align myself with the above comment.
Why can't we just discuss the issues at hand, that is Nigeria's current President solicited for the renovation of his village's church during his father's burial and a Federal Government contractor did it. Is this ethical or not?

I am begging you all not to turn this into ethnic discussion. Please, Nigerians old and young; please. i am shedding tears that we cannot recognize that the leadership we have(No matter their religion or race) don't care about our welfare.

EVIDENCE: (a) The recent expose that Senators (Irrespective of race or religion) shared N10Billion for OBJ's third term bid (b) House members raised their salaries 2 years ago (Irrespective of race or religion).

Please Nigerians, lets face our common enemy: OUR WICKED LEADERSHIP

1 Like

Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by jason123: 9:51pm On Apr 09, 2012
Edicolove, since when did the SW or any zone for that matter, lose control of her political destiny to non-indigenes? undecided
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by jason123: 9:51pm On Apr 09, 2012
Gareth is almost always on point!
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by Demdem(m): 10:03pm On Apr 09, 2012
Once again, this is what the retardeen useless yarns has led us. After intoxicating himself with as much kai-kai as possible, what else again? He goofed big time, no doubt about that.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by jason123: 10:06pm On Apr 09, 2012
Demdem: Once again, this is what the retardeen useless yarns has led us. After intoxicating himself with as much kai-kai as possible, what else again? He goofed big time, no doubt about that.
Hope you realise that it is wrong to insult your elders? Yes, GEJ cannot satisfy everyone but guy we need to take the chill down with the insults . . .
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by edicolove: 10:21pm On Apr 09, 2012
jason123: Edicolove, since when did the SW or any zone for that matter, lose control of her political destiny to non-indigenes? undecided

I live in Lagos and understand the politics of Lagos. Lagos is not being ruled by the Yorubas because they are more in number but because the non indegenes or other tribes shy away from the politics. My point is very clear. If you make the issue one of Yorubas against the rest of us, you will create a situation where non indigenes will begin to allign themselves against the Yorubas. This is not about insults or name calling. My warning is very clear and about facts. I saw a bit of that in the last elections. The ACN folks at my polling booth clearly told us during the presidential election that it wasn't their day and that they weren't really interested. They boasted that we should come back and see what will happen during the following weeks gov election and true to their words, they turned out en masse. I observed that in at least 3 polling stations.

The non indigenes in Lagos far outnumber the indigenes. Places like Surulere, Ketu, AJ, festac, etc are majorly other tribes. That many of them can speak Yoruba doesn't make them Yoruba. The truth is, if you want to criticize GEJ, by all means do. But when you create this situation where everything ACN peeps do is right and whatever GEJ does is wrong and you want to claim you are being objective or that you have Nigerias interest at heart, you are creating a divide that will come back to hunt you. And to think that everyone else cannot see your real agenda and motive is very delusional.

This church building issue is sooooo petty that it will really lay ACN out in the sun to dry, believe me. If you think Nigerians from across the country is really going to take this serious, then you have truly lost it.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by Nobody: 10:26pm On Apr 09, 2012
Some retards and dunce are finding their way into NL in huge numbers daily. Saying Yorubas did not count in GEJ run to Presidency is the height of either mischief or plain stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by Demdem(m): 10:32pm On Apr 09, 2012
jason123:
Hope you realise that it is wrong to insult your elders? Yes, GEJ cannot satisfy everyone but guy we need to take the chill down with the insults . . .

Are u for real? So because I regard my president a retardeen u feel am insulting him. Pls when next u quote my post, let it be for something that is worth it. Just ignore if u aren't comfortable with it ok.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by Amalaaba: 10:32pm On Apr 09, 2012
Jason123 and Edicolove,
I am still insisting that it is irrelevant whether ACN raised the issue or not and we should remove the ethnic coloration from the discussion.

I can not vouch for the 100% sincerity of our Politicians, irrespective of their party.

Lets discuss the action of our President,in the context of whether it is right or wrong?

In my humble opinion, Politicians in Nigeria gain power for their selfish interest, not to work for their race or religion!
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by edicolove: 10:33pm On Apr 09, 2012
ilugunboy: Some retards and dunce and finding thief way into NL in huge numbers daily. Saying Yorubas did not count in GEJ run to Presidency is the height of either mischief or plain stupidity.

Insult cannot change the facts. Did you notice the difference in numbers between the voters for the presidential and governorship elections? Can you explain that difference? Secondly, if the Yorubas had an agreement to supportt GEJ like some claim, why did Osun not deliver?

The fact is clear, the votes GEJ got from the south west were votes from the small number of Yorubas in PDP and the non indigenes who are not necessarily PDP but did support GEJ then.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by jason123: 10:33pm On Apr 09, 2012
edicolove:

I live in Lagos and understand the politics of Lagos. Lagos is not being ruled by the Yorubas because they are more in number but because the non indegenes or other tribes shy away from the politics. My point is very clear. If you make the issue one of Yorubas against the rest of us, you will create a situation where non indigenes will begin to allign themselves against the Yorubas. This is not about insults or name calling. My warning is very clear and about facts. I saw a bit of that in the last elections. The ACN folks at my polling booth clearly told us during the presidential election that it wasn't their day and that they weren't really interested. They boasted that we should come back and see what will happen during the following weeks gov election and true to their words, they turned out en masse. I observed that in at least 3 polling stations.

The non indigenes in Lagos far outnumber the indigenes. Places like Surulere, Ketu, AJ, festac, etc are majorly other tribes. That many of them can speak Yoruba doesn't make them Yoruba. The truth is, if you want to criticize GEJ, by all means do. But when you create this situation where everything ACN peeps do is right and whatever GEJ does is wrong and you want to claim you are being objective or that you have Nigerias interest at heart, you are creating a divide that will come back to hunt you. And to think that everyone else cannot see your real agenda and motive is very delusional.

This church building issue is sooooo petty that it will really lay ACN out in the sun to dry, believe me. If you think Nigerians from across the country is really going to take this serious, then you have truly lost it.

I am not drawn to this whole church issue because, as you said, its too petty an issue to discuss about. There are somethings GEJ, as the president of the a multi-ethnic and secular country should ignore. Why reduce the office of the presidency to pettiness? There are more pressing issues than church matter and GEJ knows this.

You are talking about Lagos alone what about Ekiti? Did the non-indigenes also get to Ekiti, Ondo, Oyo and Ogun? Even in Lagos, have we had a non-indigene as a local government chairman? Yet, they rule Lagos according to you.

My point is, every ethnic group in the South voted for GEJ to be there. Just imagine for a sec that Buhari had won the remaining 5 SW states (since Lagos is taken according to you), will GEJ be there today Exactly. It was a combined effort not a solitary one.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by aljharem(m): 10:34pm On Apr 09, 2012
edicolove:

Insult cannot change the facts. Did you notice the difference in numbers between the voters for the presidential and governorship elections? Can you explain that difference? Secondly, if the Yorubas had an agreement to supportt GEJ like some claim, why did Osun not deliver?

The fact is clear, the votes GEJ got from the south west were votes from the small number of Yorubas in PDP and the non indigenes who are[b] not necessarily PDP but did support GEJ then. [/b]

and why did they support GEJ ? Bigotry or what ?
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by stillme(m): 10:37pm On Apr 09, 2012
I'm sorry for mr president. His fishermen are not helping issues. They think they are protecting him from criticism but not knwing that they are exposing him to more criticisms.
As matter of fact they have failed to know that GEJ is not a president of Ijaw,he is a president of nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by aljharem(m): 10:37pm On Apr 09, 2012
@ Edicolove

What is your state of origin and how many millions did GEJ get from their so we can compare smiley
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by edicolove: 10:37pm On Apr 09, 2012
@Amalaaba, with all due respect, there is nothing to discuss in the issue. It is too petty and childish and only portrays the ACN peeps as people who just want to distract the president and cause confusion in the system. There is not an iota of credibility in the issue.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 09, 2012
jason123:

I am not drawn to this whole church issue because, as you said, its too petty an issue to discuss about. There are somethings GEJ, as the president of the a multi-ethnic and secular country should ignore. Why reduce the office of the presidency to pettiness? There are more pressing issues than church matter and GEJ knows this.

You are talking about Lagos alone what about Ekiti? Did the non-indigenes also get to Ekiti, Ondo, Oyo and Ogun? Even in Lagos, have we had a non-indigene as a local government chairman? Yet, they rule Lagos according to you.

My point is, every ethnic group in the South voted for GEJ to be there. Just imagine for a sec that Buhari had won the remaining 5 SW states (since Lagos is taken according to you), will GEJ be there today Exactly. It was a combined effort not a solitary one.

My brother...some people are better ignored. Let them keep the argument from the position of convinence. The point is GEJ won't be in Aso Rock if not for the entirety of the vote of south westerners.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by aljharem(m): 10:39pm On Apr 09, 2012
stillme: I'm sorry for mr president. His fishermen are not helping issues. They think they are protecting him from criticism but not knwing that they are exposing him to more criticisms.
As matter of fact they have failed to know that GEJ is not a president of Ijaw,he is a president of nigeria.

Apparently Edicolove and co are telling us that since other Nigerians did not vote for GEJ he is not our president !!!
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by edicolove: 10:43pm On Apr 09, 2012
alj harem:

and why did they support GEJ ? Bigotry or what ?

Of course I supported him because I needed a change from the majority rule that have ruined the country over 5 decades. You don't think that is a strong reason? Some of you lads have a false sense of importance really.

Get it in your thick skull. Hausa/fulani and Yorubas ruined this country for 5 decades. If you think I will be afraid to say that because you will call me a bigot, then you need to have a rethink. This is 2012 and we are very aware and ready now.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by aljharem(m): 10:46pm On Apr 09, 2012
edicolove:

Of course I supported him because I needed a change from the majority rule that have ruined the country over 5 decades. You don't think that is a strong reason? Some of you lads have a false sense of importance really.

Get it in your thick skull. Hausa/fulani and Yorubas ruined this country for 5 decades. If you think I will be afraid to say that because you will call me a bigot, then you need to have a rethink. This is 2012 and we are very aware and ready now.

Should we mention the people that have ruled

1. Nnamdi our first

2. Murtala - Edo state

3. Gowon, Middle belter

4. Yoruba only OBJ

No hausa has ruled Nigeria

Only 1 yoruba has ruled Nigeria which is OBJ

What happened to Ironsi and Nnamdi ?
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by obailala(m): 10:47pm On Apr 09, 2012
It really pains me that most Nigerians cannot and most certainly will never understand in their lifetimes why accepting a church gift by GEJ is wrong. In a sane society, GEJ would have been impeached for that move. However, unfortunately or would i say fortunately, we live in an insane society were lawlessness has been institutionalised so there is absolutely nothing wrong with GEJ's action 'simply because we love him' and anyone smart enough to see the wrong in his actions must be a disgruntled loser and member of the opposition parties.

Nigerians really need to wake up!
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by jason123: 10:49pm On Apr 09, 2012
edicolove:

My brother, ready for what? War? cheesy

For those 5 decades did we not have an Igbo Vice-president? What about our senate presidents, from Okadigbo to Mark?

You said over 5 decades, well, this is the 6th decade with GEJ. After his tenure, I hope you know that it will be allowed to include Ijaw into the Hausa/Fulani/Yoruba gang. LOL. grin

Nice chatting with you bro!
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by Demdem(m): 10:52pm On Apr 09, 2012
edicolove:

I respect ur decision no doubt but obviously nor ok for me. Did u guys give us a Pat Utomi kind of candidate that we didn't support? But for u to think that the only way to put an end to the ruin those in the majority has brought was to support a confirmed failure based on antecedents is quite unbelievable.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 09, 2012
Some posts in NL are not just worth the space they are typed on.

How do you explain someone claiming that only Hausa and Yorubas ruined this country...what sort of infantile talk is that? Haba. Read that post again bro and ammend it appropriately.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by aljharem(m): 10:56pm On Apr 09, 2012
Edicolove, please point to us the amount of hausa and yorubas that have ruled Nigeria so we can access and see for ourselves you bigot !!!
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by edicolove: 10:58pm On Apr 09, 2012
@Jason123, maybe I should break it down for you.

1. Even if Buhari had won all the other five states, GEJ would have still won the lection. Check the result figures.

2. My point is simply that ACN is turning their opposition into a we versus them war. It isn't the other way round. ACN are the real bigots here.

3. There are enough non indegines and Yoruba PDP folks in all the south west states to give GEJ those votes.

4. The reason I keep emphasising the non indigenes point is because you folks think you have a sort of status that really doesn't exist. I don't have a problem with you criticising GEJ, I have a problem with you trying to distract him with your petiness and bad blood. There is BH, PIB, etc that will need to focus on, not some petty building in the presidents village. Haba, it sounds really st.p1.d I must tell you and folks across the country see it as such. Its only in the western press you find those taking it serious
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by aljharem(m): 10:59pm On Apr 09, 2012
Ok I see where Edicolove is coming from. Truly you are a bigot cool
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by aljharem(m): 11:02pm On Apr 09, 2012
Initial Actual

ABIA 1,481,191 1,524,484

ADAMAWA 1,714,860 1,816,094

A/ IBOM 1,714,781 1,616,873

ANAMBRA 1,758,220 2,011,746

BAUCHI 1,835,562 2,523,614

BAYELSA 472,389 591,870
BENUE 1,415,162 2,390,884

BORNO 2,730,368 2,380,957

C/RIVER 1,018,550 1,148,486

DELTA 1,900,055 2,032,191

EBONYI 876,249 1,050,534

EDO 1,412,225 1,655,776

EKITI 750,753 764,726

ENUGU 1,301,185 1,303,155

FCT 886,323 943,473

GOMBE 1,266,993 1,318,377

IMO 1,611,715 1,687,293

JIGAWA 1,852,698 2,013,974

KADUNA 3,565,762 3,905,387

KANO 5,135,415 5,027,297

KATSINA 2,931,668 3,126,898

KEBBI 1,603,468 1,638,308

KOGI 1,215,405 1,316,849

KWARA 1,115,665 1,152,361

LAGOS 6,247,845 6,108,069

NASSARAWA 1,224,206 1,389,308

NIGER 721,485 2,175,421

OGUN 1,869,326 1,941,170

ONDO 1,558,975 1,616,091

OSUN 1,293,967 1,293,967

OYO 2,577,490 2,572,140

PLATEAU 1,983,453 2,259,194

RIVERS 2,419,057 2,429,231

SOKOTO 2,065,508 2,267,509

TARABA 1,308,106 1,336,221

YOBE 1,182,230 1,373,796

ZAMFARA 1,746,024 1,824,316

TOTAL 67,764,334 73,528,040

hmmmm edico love maybe you can explain how GEJ would have even won if he did not get the 25% from every northern state.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by aljharem(m): 11:06pm On Apr 09, 2012
Edicolove a lot of Non-indigenes can speak Yoruba very well o !!!

maybe you can explain how non-indigene were able to cough up this result

http://www.oecd.org/document/3/0,3746,en_38233741_38242551_47845827_1_1_1_1,00.html
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by aljharem(m): 11:08pm On Apr 09, 2012
Edicolove a lot of Non-indigenes can speak Yoruba very well o !!!

maybe you can explain how non-indigene were able to cough up this result

http://www.oecd.org/document/3/0,3746,en_38233741_38242551_47845827_1_1_1_1,00.html
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by edicolove: 11:08pm On Apr 09, 2012
@Alhrem or whatever, you don't need to post a long score sheet. the rule says 25% of 2/3 not to win the state. Even if Buhari won those SW states, all GEJ would have neede fromthose states was 2/3. Haba you no go school?
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by edicolove: 11:08pm On Apr 09, 2012
@Alhrem or whatever, you don't need to post a long score sheet. the rule says 25% of 2/3 not to win the state. Even if Buhari won those SW states, all GEJ would have neede fromthose states was 25%. Haba you no go school?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2015: Only God Will Decide My Fate —fintiri / Biafra:FG Seeks Secret Trial Of Kanu,Wants Media Barred From Revealing Witnesses / Dialogue: MEND Gives FG Two Weeks ultimatum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.