Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,380 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

GEJ Commissions Almajiri Model School In Sokoto - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Commissions Almajiri Model School In Sokoto (8201 Views)

GEJ Commissions 240km Trans- African Highway / GEJ Commissions Uquo Gas Plant And Lays Foundation For Quantum Petrochemical / GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Commissions Almajiri Model School In Sokoto by ochukoccna: 7:49am On Apr 11, 2012
Good move by the wrong government.
Good move which comes 30 years late.
FG did it because of BH activity yet this move should have been done by the state.
FG throwing money @ structural problems in the Nigerian state(just as they did with amnesty) wont bring solutions.Let's go back to the pre-1966 political model.
My 2 cents.
Re: GEJ Commissions Almajiri Model School In Sokoto by mopol2(m): 8:46am On Apr 11, 2012
Mercedes benz 190 for sale
Colour: wine
Allow whells
power staring
ABS brake
Centra lock
AC \NO
clean dashboard
car type:used

price :250k
call 08023886635

pictures available on request
Re: GEJ Commissions Almajiri Model School In Sokoto by Basics007: 8:51am On Apr 11, 2012
The north will always find a way of making their wish come true in this nation. All they need do is cause mayhem here and there. I've no problem with GEJ building schools for them. He can go and lecture there himself for all i care. All i want is equal opportunities for both north and south. When last did the FG build primary and secondary school for any state in the south? And if we've enough elementary schools,what about skill acquisition centres for people down here? These are things our state govts do for us down here. So why is it the FG doing it up there?
Is this a tacit confirmation that bearin arms against the govt is actually profitable?
Re: GEJ Commissions Almajiri Model School In Sokoto by buJu234: 8:55am On Apr 11, 2012
GEJ; u dont knw what ur govt. has entered into:-

Firstly; if its based on western education; they wouldnt attend and Boko haram may likely bommb it.
secondly; hope it is free? because the northerners are not ready to pay 4 education
thirdly; hope there is free food? because one of the hidden reason why parents in the north send their kids to Mallam
its that they either dont have the money to take of them or they dont want to take care of them financially.

Fourthly; if the 3rd case is NO free food; they will run away from the school.

Fifthly; if the 3rd case is YES free food; then expect a massive exodus of children from all over the North and also Neighboring
countries like Niger; Chad etc.

Sixth case; if the 5th case happened; then the north govt. allocation from fed. acc./budgets will b increasing continually; meanwhile their productivity is already low.

This 6th case; is where the problem is going to come from....; because incase the govt. refused to increase their fed. allocation; then the school will fail; and the mission defeated...
by then Boko haram will come in full force again.

So the basic solution is not only school for the Almajiris but education for the parents; teaching them to rise up to their responsiblies instead of sending ur kids to one mallam ( all in the name of God)
and then create jobs 4 the parents, so that they will have money to take care of them.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Commissions Almajiri Model School In Sokoto by oluoma1: 9:26am On Apr 11, 2012
Gbam' i don't com bak again in a different form, my people make una listen and listen gud,, jona don't dey fear boko haram i said it dats why he go build dis tins called skuul' anyway sha, my opinion goes lik dis, y must it be in sokoto. ok. Now i knw Emir of soko_to and GEJ has foolish plans. My country pple na our money dem dey squander. Who knws how much it cost to buid it i guess, 7bilion shei
Re: GEJ Commissions Almajiri Model School In Sokoto by Obiagu1(m): 9:31am On Apr 11, 2012
A southern President is doing for the North what former northern Presidents (heads of state) could not do. Shame!
I hope the North give up on the Presidency for a while so that southerners will clean up the decay in the North caused by wicked and irresponsible Northerners.
Re: GEJ Commissions Almajiri Model School In Sokoto by OneNaira6: 9:36am On Apr 11, 2012
Good move!!! It is high time someone did something like this for north.

Anyway, I pray Boko Haram won't attack the place before the impact to the Sokoto community has been achieved.
Re: GEJ Commissions Almajiri Model School In Sokoto by anonimi: 9:37am On Apr 11, 2012
Obiagu1: A southern President is doing for the North what former northern Presidents (heads of state) could not do. Shame!
I hope the North give up on the Presidency for a while so that southerners will clean up the decay in the North caused by wicked and irresponsible Northerners.

Thanks!
They will rather steal their money to marry 13 year old Egyptian girl with the mugu citizens hailing them also.
Btw, I did not read about Dangote donating anything for the Almajiri school or better still setting up a few ones in his home state of Kano. Did they not say charity begins at home?
Re: GEJ Commissions Almajiri Model School In Sokoto by Obiagu1(m): 9:46am On Apr 11, 2012
anonimi:

Thanks!
They will rather steal their money to marry 13 year old Egyptian girl with the mugu citizens hailing them also.
Btw, I did not read about [b]Dangote donating anything for the Almajiri school or better still setting up a few ones in his home state of Kano.[/b] Did they not say charity begins at home?

Why should he do that? If those kids get educated, who will be saying "ranka dede" to him? Who will be running around him with plates begging for alms making him feel like god?
Those Northern elites are a bunch of heartless people.

Many schools in the East were build by poor villagers, go figure!
FG should compensate those that built their schools themselves else it's cheating.
Re: GEJ Commissions Almajiri Model School In Sokoto by Arosa(m): 11:47am On Apr 11, 2012
anonimi:

Thanks!
Btw, I did not read about Dangote donating anything for the Almajiri school or better still setting up a few ones in his home state of Kano. Did they not say charity begins at home?

Dangote Group has injected N1 billion into Nigeria’s education sector, a statement from the conglomerate has said.

According to the statement, Katsina State University got a donation of N200 million from the sum while N500 million was given for the development of Bayero State University Business School in Kano.

Funding was also provided for the construction of a 500 student capacity hostel complex of the University of Science and Technology, Wudil; gave N118 million for a squash complex project at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka main campus and donated N50 million to the University of Port Harcourt.

To assist with the smooth take-off of the proposed Otuoke University in Bayelsa State the group donated N100 million.

Dangote Group has also introduced an academy which runs a special training school for graduate engineers.

Haruna Adinoyi, the Head of the Dangote Academy, while speaking with newsmen at the academy’s premises in Obajana, Kogi State said the school also runs vocational training for diploma graduates. He added that the students are retrained for 12months so that they could be employable in the Dangote Industries.

“As it is now most of our graduates are not employable. We want them to be grounded. This is part of our contributions to this country,” he said.

Thirty fresh graduates from engineering fields are currently undergoing a one year intensive training at the Dangote Academy.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/dangote-splashes-n1-billion-universities
Re: GEJ Commissions Almajiri Model School In Sokoto by Image123(m): 12:34pm On Apr 11, 2012
Hope the boko boys would not blow it up.
Re: GEJ Commissions Almajiri Model School In Sokoto by PointB: 1:21pm On Apr 11, 2012
It's really a shame that our Northern brothers have refused to move forward. In an era where everyone is angling for further western education, our brothers from the North are still insisting on having Almajiri schools.

Don't get me wrong, I praise government of GEJ for responding to the 'need' of the good people Northern Nigeria, but the question is - are they asking for the right solution? Is refusal of Western Education by the almajiri school advocate not akin to refusing polio vaccine by the same core North? The refusal of polio vaccine has the implication of crippling a generation of people. The crippling effect of lack of Western Education is even more pronounced judging from type of 'product' manufactured by the current almajiri system.

Almajiri education system is a failed system; it is anachronistic and their products are definitely suited for the 18th century. North (core North these days) should be forward looking, and should quit dragging themselves backward! They need to quit promoting Almajiri System, it will not help them today or tomorrow! But if they insist, then by all means Govt should build more Almajiri Schools for them!
Re: GEJ Commissions Almajiri Model School In Sokoto by cynthiafred67(f): 1:29pm On Apr 11, 2012
Image123: Hope the boko boys would not blow it up.
Yea we hope so

@topic nice move by the FG
Re: GEJ Commissions Almajiri Model School In Sokoto by Ournaija: 3:57pm On Apr 11, 2012
Fornorth: we northern muslims realy want to be educated and live in the way of holy qouran and our prophet teaching,any one try to change this is our enemy.by the way we muslims are not against western education but we are against the lie,corruption,bad habit and ungodly rules it bring to the whole world. So if our presdent did this with a good intention for expandin and modernizing our qouranic school we are behind him 100/100. MAY GOD ALMIGHTY HELP AND PROTECT NIGERIA FROM ALL EVIL PEOPLE FROM WHAT'S EVER RELIGIONS. AMEEEEN

The bolded is where the problem lies. You think your way is the only right thing on earth. Don`t tell me your religion didnt teach tolerance and respect.
Re: GEJ Commissions Almajiri Model School In Sokoto by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 11, 2012
Wao! Mr president truely has kept to his words when he said that terrorism is something we all ve to live with. By building a model sucide bombers making factory tagged almajiri model school it invariably implies that the F.G has officially aided or facilitated the act of breeding sucide bombers. If d former almajiri schl was producing 10,000 beggers/sucide bombers yrly tru an informal mode atlst nw that the F.G have decide to lend them a helping hand by building this factory i am expecting nothing less than a 100,000 sucide bombers being chuned out annualy frm this newly FG assisted commisioned killer factory. Jst wondering what will be of the north whn these factories r been reproduced in all parts of the north? I bet u kabul and kandaha in iraq will be childs play by d tym dis terrorist convocates and starts playn arnd with bombs here and there. May be MR GEJ wants d northernerns to blow away themselves snc thats what they want and d sturborn southernerns that chose to stay in such a volatile region. Wahala dey, this one na greek gift o.
Re: GEJ Commissions Almajiri Model School In Sokoto by okunoba(m): 5:41pm On Apr 11, 2012
@Fornorth, The bad bad habits of western education brought the internet, which gave u the opportunity to write this poo. Without western education there will be no cars, planes, electricity, phone, cure for polio, malaria, human rights, end of slavery and so many great things that we all take for granted in this modern World.

Have you ever given it a thought that the reason you are a muslim and a believer in the teachings of Mohamed is only because of your parent and your environment, where you were force fed with Islamic dogma for hours, every day, for years and years. If u were raised by an Hindu family who believed in cows as being sacred, that would be your believe. L

Try and think outside the box, not all we were told as kids is the truth. Living in the way of the Holy Quran is what I call a bad habit, passed on from generation to generation. Lets strive to be better than past generations before us instead of emulating their past mistakes.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Commissions Almajiri Model School In Sokoto by LadyT(f): 11:34pm On Apr 11, 2012
Can I ask what curriculum these schools will follow? Will the students be asked to go out and beg?

To me this is just a stunt to appease Boko Haram!

Death to all Boko Haram and their supporters may you never know peace. angry
Re: GEJ Commissions Almajiri Model School In Sokoto by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:37pm On Apr 11, 2012
It takes very little thing to brainwash the Abokis.

Jonathan must be thinking he is wiser now.

My Question?

When did Jonathan become Minister of Education to go around commissioning rubbish school.

Its all political i must say,because i see no reason why he must be there,he was trying to tell the north that he cares.

WHEN HEAD IS NOT GOOD THEN CONDEMN OTHER PART.

My Advise

If Jonathan really want to help the north then

1, He must hold their rulers responsible for all the bad bad things that is happening there.
2, I guess that kind of school must be left for the State government to build,what is federal government looking for when there are bad bad federal road that link to the city of Sokoto.

This government na wa oooo
Re: GEJ Commissions Almajiri Model School In Sokoto by cuteboy2: 11:53am On Apr 13, 2012
afam4eva: Doesn't sokoto get allocations just like every state in the federation? What do they use their allocation for, that will warrant the FG doing what is supposed to be the perogative of sokoto state.

grin grin grin Thier state governors use thier own allocation to marry more wives. Ask Dakingari, Isa Yuguda, and Idris (aka IBRO)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Am IGBO But Nnamdi Kanu Is WRONG About The Biafra Map! / Breaking: Emperor Putin Drops Bombshell On ISIS Funding / Abdullahi Sule: Nigerians Will Appreciate Buhari More When He Leaves Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.