Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,473 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Ask Questions You Don't Know,from Any Subject - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ask Questions You Don't Know,from Any Subject (3980 Views)

Which Subject Do You Think Is Going On? (Hilarious Photo) / Earn N1,000 Per Pupil, Teaching How To Study/understand Any Subject, And Pass It / Self Tutor Soft Wares On Any Subject Including Account,languages, Maths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Questions You Don't Know,from Any Subject by nuggard(m): 4:12pm On Apr 19, 2006
haba oga that wan na awawi(yoruba for excuse).
Please waste your time on it.
Re: Ask Questions You Don't Know,from Any Subject by yemstar(f): 10:56pm On Apr 19, 2006
Ok nuggard,

I think as x approaches 0, the exponent is undefined.

So solving for ax+b=1, as x approaches 0:
b=1 and a=0.

So how did i do grin?
Re: Ask Questions You Don't Know,from Any Subject by nuggard(m): 8:29am On Apr 20, 2006
nuggard:

Find a and b such that: lim x-->0((ax+b)^(1/2)-2)/x =1

Yemstar there isn't an exponent here or am I missing it?-I'll appreciate it if you can write down the key points of the situation.
Dankkie
Re: Ask Questions You Don't Know,from Any Subject by yemstar(f): 12:16am On Apr 21, 2006
Yes oh Oga nuggard,

Anything raised to another power, that power is the exponent.

I think your equation is missing something because if you use logs on both sides of the equation, It is still undefined.

Am not sure if i can explain it properly,  probably doin a bad job. embarassed
Re: Ask Questions You Don't Know,from Any Subject by nuggard(m): 8:06am On Apr 21, 2006
I don't agree with your definition of the exponent. It should be any real number raised to the power of the independent variable,usually X. I have checked the question and it is as it was.
Anyways thanks for trying smiley
Re: Ask Questions You Don't Know,from Any Subject by nuggard(m): 8:35am On Apr 21, 2006
Here is 2 more!

1) A car travels on the path described by the parabola X2 and moves eastwards from the positon (-50,100).A statue is located at (100,100) and the car's head lights fall on it. at what position of the car's motion does this happen.

Please include your key steps and make simplifying assumptions.

2) Two blocks; A:mass 5kg coefficient of friction=0.15 and B mass 10 kg coeff friction 0.20 are in contact on an inclined plane at an angle 200to the horizontal.A is 2m from the lower end of the plane and B is located behind A away from the end.what time does it take for A to get to the end if both blocks slide towards the end.
Re: Ask Questions You Don't Know,from Any Subject by yemstar(f): 6:48pm On Apr 23, 2006
Abeg this one pass me oh,  Am not a physics person.  cool

But i have a question for tommiekid or anyone who can answer it.

In which of these periods where the following made
A). Pre-Historic B). Early Civilization C). Ancient Greeks D). Modern (1750-present)[color=#990000][/color][b]
1) Flutes and Whistle

2) Bronze

3) Wheel

4) Candles

5) Screws

6) Vending Machines

7) Potter's Wheel

cool Steam Engines

9) Glass

10) Gears

Well have fun grin grin grin
Re: Ask Questions You Don't Know,from Any Subject by Rhodalyn(f): 6:52pm On Apr 23, 2006
vendin machine is- modern undecided
glass- early civilisation undecided
candles- modern undecided
Re: Ask Questions You Don't Know,from Any Subject by yemstar(f): 6:57pm On Apr 23, 2006
well am not sure either its for my western civ class

We correct it on tuesday sad smiley smiley
Re: Ask Questions You Don't Know,from Any Subject by Rhodalyn(f): 6:58pm On Apr 23, 2006
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy i bet im right!! tell me whn U mark dem kiss kiss kiss
Re: Ask Questions You Don't Know,from Any Subject by yemstar(f): 7:05pm On Apr 23, 2006
ok i will grin
Re: Ask Questions You Don't Know,from Any Subject by angelu(f): 9:49pm On Apr 23, 2006
my question is to tommykidd. no1- r u a teacher or sum genius? since we're playin skool
did dinosaurs really exist, (scratch that i think fossils answer that question). um, what are the major causes of global warming, and the streotype of iceage pple have is it really true?
Re: Ask Questions You Don't Know,from Any Subject by sirwebs(m): 10:36pm On Apr 23, 2006
Do you think that Tommiekid is an ITK?
Re: Ask Questions You Don't Know,from Any Subject by tommiekidd(m): 11:52pm On Apr 23, 2006
sirwebs:

Do you think that Tommiekidy is an ITK?
anyway remove the ''I'' and leave the rest which is ''TK'' ''tommie kiddy''.
not trying to be ''know it all'' it's just for people to know or refresh their brain because i like learning.
Re: Ask Questions You Don't Know,from Any Subject by zebudaya(m): 2:53am On Nov 30, 2006
hey tommiekidd which console maker would win the console war and why? is it Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo?

I'm meeting my future in-laws soon for the first time how do i impress them?
Re: Ask Questions You Don't Know,from Any Subject by tommiekidd(m): 8:22am On Nov 30, 2006
i'll recommend that u get him a Super mario game so as to minimize ur expenses.
lol
Re: Ask Questions You Don't Know,from Any Subject by tommiekidd(m): 8:30am On Nov 30, 2006
it depends on the belief, do u believe that there is a God? some still believes dat there ain't God.
And u said Africans, u have to be specific, and i think its nature for every being to face the consequencies in life. i can't answer ur question, but i believe thats its due to uir belief system.
By the way i ain't a pastor. and can u tell me the subjects dat u got this question from.
geographically, i'll most africans suffer cuz of the population a,4 example Nigeria, the popluation itself is a problem, which is causing major problems like, high mortality and Deah rate, And it's also a Ledc, so those sorts of problem always occur in LEDCs
Re: Ask Questions You Don't Know,from Any Subject by zebudaya(m): 11:43pm On Nov 30, 2006
you maga i ask you which console maker would win the console war and why? is it Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo?

and your answer is "i'll recommend that u get him a Super mario game so as to minimize your expenses.
lol"

we are talking about 2 diffrent things brother!
Re: Ask Questions You Don't Know,from Any Subject by african(f): 8:49pm On Dec 01, 2006
this is a sociology question

what causes differnet ethnic group t to act didffernetly in ther achivment at school?

why do workimg class people dobetter at school then non working class people?

how does familey value and culture effect a childs educatin in school?
Re: Ask Questions You Don't Know,from Any Subject by niceguy(m): 9:11am On Dec 04, 2006
Plz someone should tell me the University that have PUBLIC RELATIONS as a course and wht are the functions of one who study public relations as a course? and which company can PUBLIC RELATIONIST work?
Re: Ask Questions You Don't Know,from Any Subject by tommiekidd(m): 7:16pm On Dec 05, 2006
african:

what causes differnet ethnic group t to act didffernetly in ther achivment at school?

i basically can't answer this question cuz my computer can't read it,it's showing a signall ''error'' ''error''

infact,and this aswell ''error''

Man,u need a spell checker before posting,cuz i can't answer this aswell

i'll answer all ur question only if i can read them.
GOOD EXCUSE, i'm free
Re: Ask Questions You Don't Know,from Any Subject by african(f): 7:39pm On Dec 05, 2006
oh sorry

what causes different ethnic group to act differently in there achievment at school?

why do working class people do better at school than non-working class people?

how does family value and culture affect a childs education in school?
Re: Ask Questions You Don't Know,from Any Subject by tommiekidd(m): 7:45pm On Dec 05, 2006
NAIRALAND SERVICE AUTO REPLY

sorry, the member your are trying to reach is not available at the moment, please try again later.
please leave a message after the tone.
beep beep beep beep
Re: Ask Questions You Don't Know,from Any Subject by awoof(m): 8:32am On May 05, 2007
is the phenomenon called UFO (unidentified flying objects) real; why is it that almost all the sitings are centred around America and the west?
Re: Ask Questions You Don't Know,from Any Subject by ladykay(f): 3:09pm On May 06, 2007
niceguy:

Please someone should tell me the University that have PUBLIC RELATIONS as a course and wht are the functions of one who study public relations as a course? and which company can PUBLIC RELATIONIST work?

Most universities don't offer Public Relations as a course on its own.  It is usually an option under Mass Communications. Eg, at UNILAG, Mass Communication students have to choose between Print and Broadcast and Public Relations/Advertising. 
However, not all schools have PR as an option but it is taught under Mass Communication/Journalism.
A PR Practioner can work in the Corporate Affairs Department of any company.  He deals with the different publics (people that have dealings with the company) and ensures his company has a good image in the perception of these publics.  In large organisations where they have internal news journals/organs, the PR department is usually in charge of putting the publication together. 
He is also in charge of events organised by the company.
In event of a crisis, the PR Officer is usually the one with the official information that reflects the view of the organisation and junior officers would refer outsiders to get clarification from him.  He is also the one most likely to deal with the media along with top management staff.
Sometimes if the crisis is such that would affect the goodwill/image of the organisation badly, management employs services of independent PR outfits to manage the crisis with their internal PR officers.
Big companies also contract PR/Events management outfits to organise progammes for them, working with the internal PR department.
In some places (especially public service) you find it difficult to get information from staff except they get permission from the PRO to speak.
Re: Ask Questions You Don't Know,from Any Subject by ladykay(f): 3:14pm On May 06, 2007
Apart from the above, the PRO
- writes news/press releases and dispatches them to media houses;
- Sends out invitation for his organisation's events;
- Organises and anchors press briefing/conference for his company;
- Keeps track of news articles published about his organisation. (Eg he has a file that he cuts out newpaper articles for record purpose)
- He may be expected to write speeches for senior members of his company's management team.

Usually, organisations prefer to employ people with journalism and sometimes advertising experience as their PR Officers.
Re: Ask Questions You Don't Know,from Any Subject by Fiscobelle: 7:07am On May 10, 2007
Pls help me out. I am writing my final year project on Language and style of Business reports. I'd be grateful if anyone helps
Re: Ask Questions You Don't Know,from Any Subject by awoof(m): 3:57am On May 12, 2007
angry angry angry angry angry angry i thought the thread asked for any question and i thought i have asked a reasonable one about UFO (unidentified flying objects) or flying saucers and yet no reply
Re: Ask Questions You Don't Know,from Any Subject by bimbeey: 10:57am On Jun 30, 2008
Hello there!

New in the house

But what abt Econs, Govt and the likes?

Or there is no hope?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Boarding School In Nigeria / Ambrose Alli University Correction List For Second Batch / JAMB: THE Best And Poorest Result So Fat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.