Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,308 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Am Seriously Contemplating Divorcing My Husband - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am Seriously Contemplating Divorcing My Husband (2067 Views)

I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE / My Advice To Married Couples After Divorcing My Wife Of 16 Years By Gerald Roger / Seriously Contemplating A Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Am Seriously Contemplating Divorcing My Husband by NNEKA2015: 11:01am On Apr 11, 2012
Have been married for 6 years to a pilot with Arik Air and we have have three kids my marriage isn't working anymore , there is no love or trust in the marriage again, my husband gets angry at the slightest thing i do and then goes out drinking and and doesn't come back to sleep in the house until i have gone to work. He only says he loves me when he wants to sleep with me , he complains about everything from my , shoes ,dress to my hair , my food and now that i am not improving in making love. he showers me with gift once in a while but claims i don't make him happy, i have tried and tried but he is never pleased, I don't want my kids to grow without their father because they are just getting to know him but at the same time i can't take it anymore and neither can he as well. please married or divorced women advice me on what to do i can't concentrate at work , i know he loves me and i feel something for him but i can't continue like this. please i need sincere advice on what to do.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Am Seriously Contemplating Divorcing My Husband by kpolli(m): 12:05pm On Apr 11, 2012
Run to the family section. . . . Romance is for the unserious
Re: Am Seriously Contemplating Divorcing My Husband by prettymaxy(f): 12:36pm On Apr 11, 2012
Madam make your marriage work by all means.
Divorce is never a way to settle misunderstand, God hates divorce. Fight 4your marriage.
Re: Am Seriously Contemplating Divorcing My Husband by yme1(f): 12:49pm On Apr 11, 2012
I think what you lack more in your marriage is communication
I am thinking a vacation could be of help and rekindle the lost love in the marriage
It would be ludicrous to throw away six years relationship with three beautiful children
I will advice you both to sit down and reflect on how this began, reflect on the good times, is divorce gonna be the answer?
In this era many women tend to treat divorce as a lifestyle rather than last resort to a no-way-out problem
You owned it yourself u are not improving in love making, what have u done about that?
sex is what lubricates a marriage.
This to me is just a phase but how u intend to go about it solely depends on you
remember A woman is the pillar of her home. You either keep that pillar standing or let it fall.

1 Like

Re: Am Seriously Contemplating Divorcing My Husband by Basics007: 1:16pm On Apr 11, 2012
kpolli: Run to the family section. . . . Romance is for the unserious
Gbam!
Re: Am Seriously Contemplating Divorcing My Husband by kuphid(f): 1:28pm On Apr 11, 2012
y me: I think what you lack more in your marriage is communication
I am thinking a vacation could be of help and rekindle the lost love in the marriage
It would be ludicrous to throw away six years relationship with three beautiful children
I will advice you both to sit down and reflect on how this began, reflect on the good times, is divorce gonna be the answer?
In this era many women tend to treat divorce as a lifestyle rather than last resort to a no-way-out problem
You owned it yourself u are not improving in love making, what have u done about that?
sex is what lubricates a marriage.
This to me is just a phase but how u intend to go about it solely depends on you
remember A woman is the pillar of her home. You either keep that pillar standing or let it fall.

u couldnt hav said it any better... weldone
Re: Am Seriously Contemplating Divorcing My Husband by SAFO(m): 1:33pm On Apr 11, 2012
Nneka, let me be brutally honest with you.

You ready?

Your husband doesn't love you and the only reason he's there is because of the kids. Yes he's physically there but his heart and soul left a long time ago. In fact it's akin to pity. He doesn't want to be the one to break it off for fear of hurting you, hence the reason for his malicious actions. This way he won't feel guilty if you're the one who pushes for the divorce.

Not all marriages work and sometimes people change over the course of the relationship. If this has been an ongoing issue, my advice is to free yourself and go find your happiness. Be it with someone else or just being by yourself with your kids.

2 Likes

Re: Am Seriously Contemplating Divorcing My Husband by Vansnickers: 1:36pm On Apr 11, 2012
kpolli: Run to the family section. . . . Romance is for the unserious
grin grin grin
Re: Am Seriously Contemplating Divorcing My Husband by neyostica: 2:29pm On Apr 11, 2012
@safo will you give her the hapiness? After 3kids, u r a wickd man.
@op if u divorce him, then u have failed, find a way to fix it
Re: Am Seriously Contemplating Divorcing My Husband by SAFO(m): 2:36pm On Apr 11, 2012
neyostica: @safo will you give her the hapiness? After 3kids, u r a wickd man.
@op if u divorce him, then u have failed, find a way to fix it

Obviously the op isn't happy and hasn't been for a while, hence the reason for creating this thread.

The truth isn't always what people want to hear but if she's willing to endure unhappiness for the sake of her marriage, then by all means she should stay with him.

2 Likes

Re: Am Seriously Contemplating Divorcing My Husband by AreaFada2: 2:56pm On Apr 11, 2012
Poster,

You haven't told us of any collective effort you both have made to patch things up or you just want to divorce without any attempt to make it work or counselling, ba?
Re: Am Seriously Contemplating Divorcing My Husband by ronkebp(f): 3:00pm On Apr 11, 2012
My dear, i don't think your hubby does not love you i think he has a picture of what he wants his wife to be or look like, sometimes it is realistic while majority of the times, it is very unrealistic.

we all as human beings have expectations of others, and that is why we stress so much on those things that do not really matter and focus on vain things.
I will want you to do away with the thoughts of leaving your hubby, this problem can be really handled. He complains about the way you look, what do you wear that is so offensive to him?, how do you look that he does not like?, how comfortable are you with your own looks?, your hair what do you do to them? you might think you are trying your best to make things work by doing all the wrong things, How sociable are you?, too sociable or too timid? Your cooking, i don't know how to advice you on that, i don't know if it is too much salt or too much pepper, or too much oil?? Sex!!! that one, every married woman, has to be a sophisticated prostitute in bed, i don't care how you do it, you have to learn all the bed tactics ever, (can you know all? mbanu!! but you will be pretty good).

Your hubby, is seeing other women and wives and probably comparing and contrasting.

1 Like

Re: Am Seriously Contemplating Divorcing My Husband by kolaoloye(m): 3:13pm On Apr 11, 2012
prettymaxy: Madam make your marriage work by all means.
Divorce is never a way to settle misunderstand, God hates divorce. Fight 4your marriage.
You just earned my respect.
Re: Am Seriously Contemplating Divorcing My Husband by Rotmyt: 4:39pm On Apr 11, 2012
Make your marriage work by all means. Communication is the first key. Make your husband open up to you. Even if he is having an affair, it's still worth fighting for. Do all you can to make it right.

(1)

The Day A Ghost Came To My House / For The Past 7 Years, I Have Not Taken Any Carbinated Drink. / I Think I Am Done With Women At This Juncture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.