Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Why Is Virginity Despised In Our Days? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is Virginity Despised In Our Days? (3763 Views)

Is Virginity A Standard For Good Marriage / Is Virginity Due To Lack Of Opportunity? / Is Virginity Still Valuable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Virginity Despised In Our Days? by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 12, 2012
Why do guys boast about dir sexual escapades n disdain the chastes. D world is indeed turning upside down. Apart 4rm bn religious, wht happend to our mores n values. Not found a virgin on ur wedding nite was disgraceful in dos days but nw a virgin is cursed.
People were bold to rain curses on few of us who said we'v never had sex at nysc camp back then, they even profered spiritual cleansing 4 us. I could only smh to dir ignoramus.
Our values are misconstrued, we now think ability to 'bed' a lady makes u a man n strong without even knwing that a man without restraint n self control is a weakling. I knw pple wil lash out at me but u cant do anything against d truth but only 4 d truth. Sex is more than 'skin 4 skin'.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Virginity Despised In Our Days? by Goldieluks: 8:43am On Apr 12, 2012
undecided undecided
Re: Why Is Virginity Despised In Our Days? by Mavor: 8:52am On Apr 12, 2012
Because no guy wants an inexperienced lady nowadays, doesn't mean she has to be a $lut. No guy wants a lady who acts like a log of wood during $ex (even when she's enjoying it). For example, Seun wants a lady who will be on top. grin
Re: Why Is Virginity Despised In Our Days? by kpolli(m): 9:05am On Apr 12, 2012
K
Re: Why Is Virginity Despised In Our Days? by neyostica: 10:10am On Apr 12, 2012
Well i prefer a virgin

1 Like

Re: Why Is Virginity Despised In Our Days? by Stainlexx(f): 11:11am On Apr 12, 2012
Sex is now d oda of d day,i'v broken up wt two guys 4ds same reason. 21st century or not,any guy who wl wnt 2hv a carnal knowledege of me b4 marriage is in 4a shocker coz i my luv no reach dat side o. If u truly luv me,u'll respect ma principles of 'no sex' till we r married.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Virginity Despised In Our Days? by Stainlexx(f): 11:12am On Apr 12, 2012
cool
Re: Why Is Virginity Despised In Our Days? by Killz1(m): 11:15am On Apr 12, 2012
Stainlexx: Sex is now d oda of d day,i'v broken up wt two guys 4ds same reason. 21st century or not,any guy who wl wnt 2hv a carnal knowledege of me b4 marriage is in 4a shocker coz i my luv no reach dat side o. If u truly luv me,u'll respect ma principles of 'no sex' till we r married.
+100

1 Like

Re: Why Is Virginity Despised In Our Days? by SAFO(m): 11:24am On Apr 12, 2012
With a lot of other things it's the influence of western culture. We now live in a world that's socially connected from pole to pole so you knew eventually these influences would infiltrate our standards of beliefs. The world is ever changing and we must roll with the tide.
Re: Why Is Virginity Despised In Our Days? by Killz1(m): 11:29am On Apr 12, 2012
SAFO: With a lot of other things it's the influence of western culture. We now live in a world that's socially connected from pole to pole so you knew eventually these influences would infiltrate our standards of beliefs. The world is ever changing and we must roll with the tide.
Should Good and the unacceptable become Bad and acceptable simply because we wanna roll with the tide? Common man. . .

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Virginity Despised In Our Days? by SAFO(m): 11:37am On Apr 12, 2012
Killz.:

Should Good and the unacceptable become Bad and acceptable simply because we wanna roll with the tide? Common man. . .

Whether good or bad it's just the evolution of mankind.

Things always change inevitably.
Re: Why Is Virginity Despised In Our Days? by Killz1(m): 11:41am On Apr 12, 2012
SAFO:

Whether good or bad it's just the evolution of mankind.

Things always change inevitably.
You did not answer the question. . . wink
Re: Why Is Virginity Despised In Our Days? by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 12, 2012
SAFO: With a lot of other things it's the influence of western culture. We now live in a world that's socially connected from pole to pole so you knew eventually these influences would infiltrate our standards of beliefs. The world is ever changing and we must roll with the tide.
Bros abeg, we MUST do that which is right. I don't despise anyone who's got morals and principles because the in-thing is to be loose and decadent. The problem with our generation is selfishness, nobody wants to do anything for the greater good it's all about me me me, pathetic. Remember our children and theirs are going to inherit what we leave behind.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Virginity Despised In Our Days? by SAFO(m): 12:15pm On Apr 12, 2012
Killz.:

You did not answer the question. . . wink

Mehh, my personal opinion is irrelevant. I always try to evaluate things purely from a scientific basis devoid of sentiment thought. wink

1 Like

Re: Why Is Virginity Despised In Our Days? by jmoore(m): 12:15pm On Apr 12, 2012

If there is an increase in people having s-e-x with animals, then we need to roll with the tide as you put it because of "change". Absolutely rubbish!! moral values do not change.

As for the topic,pigs don't like virgins. Only men and women with the mentality of kings and Queens cherish virginity

7 Likes

Re: Why Is Virginity Despised In Our Days? by SAFO(m): 12:33pm On Apr 12, 2012
jmoore:

If there is an increase in people having s-e-x with animals, then we need to roll with the tide as you put it because of "change". Absolutely rubbish!! moral values do not change.

As for the topic,pigs don't like virgins. Only men and women with the mentality of kings and Queens cherish virginity

Oh quite the contrary, psychological studies have shown that moral values shift over time to keep up with society and technological advancement.

Change is the law of nature fellas, even morality.
Re: Why Is Virginity Despised In Our Days? by jmoore(m): 12:41pm On Apr 12, 2012
SAFO:

Oh quite the contrary, psychological studies has shown that moral values shift over time to keep up with society and technological advancement.

Change is the law of nature fellas, even morality.

one of those rubbish studies like the one that said humans came from ape.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Virginity Despised In Our Days? by SAFO(m): 12:57pm On Apr 12, 2012
jmoore:

one of those rubbish studies like the one that said humans came from ape.

It's called paleoanthropology. Not apes in the true sense but yes we did evolve from "ape-like" humans.

But that's for another topic wink
Re: Why Is Virginity Despised In Our Days? by ITbomb(m): 1:29pm On Apr 12, 2012
Another virgin thread
SMH
Re: Why Is Virginity Despised In Our Days? by ogoebube(f): 2:40pm On Apr 12, 2012
Mavor: Because no guy wants an inexperienced lady nowadays, doesn't mean she has to be a $lut. No guy wants a lady who acts like a log of wood during $ex (even when she's enjoying it). For example, Seun wants a lady who will be on top. grin
need i remind you that you dont need to learn how to have sex cos it's an inert nature in humans.[color=#006600][/color]

1 Like

Re: Why Is Virginity Despised In Our Days? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 12, 2012
rhemaplus: Why do guys boast about dir sexual escapades n disdain the chastes. D world is indeed turning upside down. Apart 4rm bn religious, wht happend to our mores n values. Not found a virgin on ur wedding nite was disgraceful in dos days but nw a virgin is cursed.
People were bold to rain curses on few of us who said we'v never had sex at nysc camp back then, they even profered spiritual cleansing 4 us. I could only smh to dir ignoramus.
Our values are misconstrued, we now think ability to 'bed' a lady makes u a man n strong without even knwing that a man without restraint n self control is a weakling. I knw pple wil lash out at me but u cant do anything against d truth but only 4 d truth. Sex is more than 'skin 4 skin'.

Yea some may lash out at you, and some may even bash you, but I am clapping for you.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Virginity Despised In Our Days? by Killz1(m): 3:50pm On Apr 12, 2012
SAFO:

Mehh, my personal opinion is irrelevant. I always try to evaluate things purely from a scientific basis devoid of sentiment thought. wink
When it comes to morals, science knows sh[i]i[/i]t! wink You know what is wrong and unacceptable, but because science says it's Good and acceptable, you accept?
Re: Why Is Virginity Despised In Our Days? by SAFO(m): 5:11pm On Apr 12, 2012
Killz.:

When it comes to morals, science knows sh[i]i[/i]t! wink You know what is wrong and unacceptable, but because science says it's Good and acceptable, you accept?

Killz, I think you misunderstood. Science doesn't make the claim for good and acceptable. It just states change is inevitable. So we accept change (good & bad) and continue to evolve.

Proof in point; the reason for this thread.
Re: Why Is Virginity Despised In Our Days? by jmoore(m): 5:17pm On Apr 12, 2012
Mavor: Because no guy wants an inexperienced lady nowadays, doesn't mean she has to be a $lut. No guy wants a lady who acts like a log of wood during $ex (even when she's enjoying it). For example, Seun wants a lady who will be on top. grin

ogoebube: need i remind you that you dont need to learn how to have sex cos it's an inert nature in humans.[color=#006600][/color]

Abeg help me tell them, s-e-x is not rocket science.
Re: Why Is Virginity Despised In Our Days? by idelle: 6:03pm On Apr 12, 2012
I not
I like a virgin grin grin[img]http://www.spgames.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Why Is Virginity Despised In Our Days? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 15, 2012
Pls, i'll like 2 have one shocked. Signify if u ar one! Virgin males ar more than female, why? cheesy
Re: Why Is Virginity Despised In Our Days? by claremont(m): 9:31pm On Apr 15, 2012
I have no problem with virgins so long as they recognize the fact that virginity does not translate to morality i.e. the mere fact that they are virgins does not mean they possess better morals than non-virgins. The virgins I have issues with are those who feel that their being virgins places them at a higher pedestal than others, a completely farcical and idiotic claim to make.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Virginity Despised In Our Days? by ideamaster(m): 9:39pm On Apr 15, 2012
jmoore:
dats very correct.
Re: Why Is Virginity Despised In Our Days? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 15, 2012
Tufiakwa make I hear say I straff virgin let alone marry them
Re: Why Is Virginity Despised In Our Days? by neyostica: 10:02pm On Apr 15, 2012
claremont: I have no problem with virgins so long as they recognize the fact that virginity does not translate to morality i.e. the mere fact that they are virgins does not mean they possess better morals than non-virgins. The virgins I have issues with are those who feel that their being virgins places them at a higher pedestal than others, a completely farcical and idiotic claim to make.
you are wrong mr, it takes moral and discipline for a woman to keep her virginity these days, so they are highly placed than their contemporaries
Re: Why Is Virginity Despised In Our Days? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 15, 2012
neyostica:
you are wrong mr, it takes moral and discipline for a woman to keep her virginity these days, so they are highly placed than their contemporaries
Not to mention self control. Still a 'non-virgin' could possess better relational and communication skills than a virgin. There are so many factors that make for a good relationship, being a virgin is hardly one of them.
Re: Why Is Virginity Despised In Our Days? by Dazdiv(f): 9:27am On Apr 16, 2012
U don't no d value of wat U av stil U loose it, gues its a way of makin Virgins feel bad cus does dt r nt virgins may actuali wish they were

(1) (2) (Reply)

Her Stare Freaks Me Out / I Almost Got Lynched For Punching A Girl / I Didn’t Release Semen Into Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.