Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,299 members, 7,850,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:43 PM

Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers (47130 Views)

Poll: What is your opinion of tithe preachers.

They genuinely believe it is required: 13% (35 votes)
They know it is not relevant to christianity but they still preach it for money: 21% (55 votes)
They are preaching the gospel truth: 28% (73 votes)
They are genuinely ignorant of the truth about biblical tithes.: 9% (25 votes)
They are just business men trying to make a dis honest living.: 27% (71 votes)
This poll has ended

If A Thieve Steals The Money I Had Packaged For Tithe, Do I Still Pay Tithe From / A Question For Tithe Payers / A Question For Tithe Payers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 10:56pm On May 05, 2012
Where this guys go hire agberos from? Lord have mercy, misplaced priorities.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:21pm On May 05, 2012
Chrisben's question is simple, how da phuck is a lay man supposed to know if they should pay tithes or not?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by iconics: 11:33pm On May 05, 2012
The bible talks about those "ever learning but never comming to the knowledge of the truth", but this is not as sad as another portion that says some "have their understanding darkened". OP the first person to pay tithes was Abraham before the law, if you study your bible well you ll see that his children paid tithes while still in his loins before the law. Jacob also made a vow to pay his tithes. Abraham paid tithes to melchizedec (Heb 7:1-10) who is a type of Christ. The covenant God had with Abraham is an everlasting covenant which all Christians enjoy outside the law. So you want the blessings of abraham but you want to be blind to the principles he, isaac and jacob lived by? Its one thing to be ignorant, but PLEASE don't spread it!!! You don't want to pay tithes fine, don't drag others with you.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 12:04am On May 06, 2012
Ricdave: Check the bible please, God sees you as an UNARMED robber when you don't PAY ur tithe... Don't calculate for God

And under where did you get this from?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 12:06am On May 06, 2012
Lord have mercy! This thread is on the front/home page now! Well, I stay till the end anyway because there will be so much distraction from now on.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 12:12am On May 06, 2012
iconic_s: The bible talks about those "ever learning but never comming to the knowledge of the truth", but this is not as sad as another portion that says some "have their understanding darkened". OP the first person to pay tithes was Abraham before the law, if you study your bible well you ll see that his children paid tithes while still in his loins before the law. Jacob also made a vow to pay his tithes. Abraham paid tithes to melchizedec (Heb 7:1-10) who is a type of Christ. The covenant God had with Abraham is an everlasting covenant which all Christians enjoy outside the law. So you want the blessings of abraham but you want to be blind to the principles he, isaac and jacob lived by? Its one thing to be ignorant, but PLEASE don't spread it!!! You don't want to pay tithes fine, don't drag others with you.

When Abraham paid tithe and his children paid tithe IN him. What later happened in the Heb 7 you only quoted to verse 10. Why didn't you quote the CHANGE AND DIS-ANNULLED TO THE LEVITICAL PRIESTHOOD? You need to read and interpret Heb.7 as a whole in context. Since there was change of law and disanullment, so it changed the law of the priesthood and disannulled the levitical priesthood. If the priesthood is changed and disannulled, what tithe are you then holding onto?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by beula2009: 12:25am On May 06, 2012
iconic_s: The bible talks about those "ever learning but never comming to the knowledge of the truth", but this is not as sad as another portion that says some "have their understanding darkened". OP the first person to pay tithes was Abraham before the law, if you study your bible well you ll see that his children paid tithes while still in his loins before the law. Jacob also made a vow to pay his tithes. Abraham paid tithes to melchizedec (Heb 7:1-10) who is a type of Christ. The covenant God had with Abraham is an everlasting covenant which all Christians enjoy outside the law. So you want the blessings of abraham but you want to be blind to the principles he, isaac and jacob lived by? Its one thing to be ignorant, but PLEASE don't spread it!!! You don't want to pay tithes fine, don't drag others with you.

please, where in the bible Isaac TITHE? JACOB's tithe,what was his motive? Abraham tithe,how many times was it recorded? did Abraham tithe from spoils OF WAR or gains(profit) BUSINESS/JOB ?WAS HE A WARRIOR? abraham's blessings(GOD BLESSINGS)- even non christians enjoys that,take a good look at some arab(MUSLIM) nations where poverty doesnt exist do they tithe? were early christian missionaries that broutght the knowledge of christianity to africa wrong abt the concept GOD? were u born a christian? certainly not then ask your-self if somthing good has ever happened to you before you got born-again.how much thithe did you pay for Christ to die and resurect for you? IF YOU REALLY LOVE GOD,IS TENTH OF YOUR INCOME ENOUGH TO DEDICATE TO HIM? IS GIVING ONLY LIMITED TO THE SO CALLED MOG? Take a good look of our nation(nigeria) if giving is really presented by the mog according to the word of God,you be the the judge.

Jn 4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by BERNIMOORE: 12:50am On May 06, 2012
[b]@iconic s,
can you kindly save us these 'conclusions' below in your comments;
The bible talks about those "ever learning but never comming to the knowledge of the truth", but this is not as sad as another portion that says some "have their understanding darkened".

And let me ask you,Does Gods covenant with Abraham includes 'tithing' outside the law,pls supply us with bible verses to that effect.
Or as at the time when Abraham gave a tenth of spoils,has he (Abraham) received the covenant? or does his act of a one time 'gift offering' to Melchi constititute a part of the covenant?

you cannot incorporate a 'tithe practice' previously shared with pagan as a practice then INTO 'a covenant'made with Abraham,thank God,that the time that God had this covenant with Abram preceeds Abrams meeting Melchi,
and jacobs own tenth part was purely not based on any standard but only 'on vow'.
now,how can s'one pay a vow offering and still pay tithes,'DOUBLE STANDARD'.
And remember that tithes is meant 'only to be received' ON INCREASE,that is if there is no increase,no tithe.thats why on the sabbatical year,the seventh yr,a whole 12 month,tithe will not be paid or given,
so the load is not even burdensome.
And to cap it all,jesus said my yoke is light.
Answer the above questions on point pls, thanks. [/b]
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by BERNIMOORE: 12:55am On May 06, 2012
@iconic s,

correction pls
sorry just to correct the statement below in my reply;
,thank God,that the time that God had this covenant with Abram preceeds Abrams meeting Melchi
[size=14pt]replace 'preceeds' with 'was after'[/size]
thanks.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by mollie12: 1:32am On May 06, 2012
ApostlePat: Hello everybody,

I have been following this thread from the beginning and many other tithe thread on this forum. I am a preacher and I teach tithe in my congregation. I had to go back to God in humility after reading Dr. Russell's book and many other books like that to repent of the lies of tithe I have fed my church with. I had to create another I.D for this forum so as not to be identified, it's because of my personality. This is why I posted the 2 hour video teaching of Dr Russell Kelly and his debate with one Nigerian Pastor on this forum so that many Christians will learn. As a preacher that have heaven in mind, I have to apply wisdom henceforth to stop teaching tithe in my church so they don't see that i have been teaching them lies for long. I will not expose many reasons why we preachers still teach tithe as money but if am to speak for myself, it's all based on taking advantage of the people's ignorant in the word of God and many other things. I will encourage everybeliever to study carefully this subject and especially take time on the subject. We peachers are not honest with this subject because we want money to sponsor many of our lifestyles and therefore we have to use scriptures that favor us and not balance the truth. The problem of many of us is with don't want to leave option for a second thought of what we believed and we believed what we know is true and it must not be wrong. This is unlike Christ. I will urge image123, flourishG and other tithe teachers to consider in their heart if eternity is their goal to back one step back and consider in his heart if truely he is not manipulating the bible verses just to support himself and this tithe teaching. I will also commend goshen, pastorkun, debosky, nuclearboy, jem1, edicolove, BERNIMOORE, KamiLara, russkelly and the likes for their good job on this forum. God bless you all.

Sir, the decision you have taken in the light of the word of God is commendable and I applaud it. But I believe you must take it one step further and address this tithing deception in your congregation, because your members may even be part of the 'pro-tithe deception' gang on this thread. This is a bothersome issue for me, because the OP put forward very poignant questions that should make any, and every christian take a step back and pick up their bibles to do some serious searches, but no, some people just keep coming around to spout their ignorance. We can't afford to be like this as Christians. If the Bible gives us glaring evidences to support or desist from a particular line of action, we must obey the Word even if we were trained otherwise right from the cradle. That's the whole point of our Christian walk - abandoning ('resting from') our own 'works' (our ideas, our notions, our conformed patterns) and being conformed into the image of Christ - as is revealed by the written Word and the Holy Spirit. Pastor, please consider this prayerfully and God will honor you for standing for truth.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by mollie12: 1:46am On May 06, 2012
If we begin to accept and allow deception and subversion of scripture - even in its most subtle ways like this whole 'tithing' thing, we would be very vulnerable for the intrusion of the enemy. We are not supposed to follow 'good', but follow God. Our salvation is not in religious performances, or meticulous observances of ordinances, but IN belief in Christ's sacrifice for us - nothing more, nothing less. That's why the Apostle Paul referred to it as a state of 'simplicity' in 2 Corinthians 11.

The Bible lets us know that 'a little leaven leaveneth the whole lot'. That's what I regard this tithing issue as - leaven. If you let your mind be conformed to the idea that God demands or requires tithe from you to bless you, you have allowed leaven, because this is an untruth. All God requires to keep you in His line of favor is to be reconciled to Him - and this is only achieved by salvation through Christ. Leaven is yeast - if you are familiar with baking you would understand that the end result of the yeast you allow into your pastry is not comparable in size with what you put in in the first place. A lot of Christians have been led astray by the whole idea that they can tack something else unto what God has stipulated, so long it looks 'good enough'. That was the error of Uzzah, who touched the ark of God and was struck dead for it. Please, my brethren, let us endeavor to abide within the pastures of truth our Shepherd has put us in, and not attempt to extend the borders, because that's where the wolf lurks.

By the way, I am NOT against giving a designated amount of money to the church or even the pastors, but I will not consider my giving as a tithe the way the tithe is described in the Old Testament, because I am not under the Law and am not obligated to obey the letter, but the Spirit. If the Bible says we are not under the Old Covenant we are simply not: trying to go back under that covenant is like an act of disobedience to God.

Heb 8:6-8 (KJV) But now hath he (Jesus Christ) obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. For finding fault with them, he (GOD!) saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah... (HIGHLIGHTS AND ITALICS MINE)

I consider my giving as an obedience to the commandment of love, which my Lord Jesus Christ established.

And a last point of note for all on this thread. Every section of the bible is making a important point - the point may be made within a verse or may take two whole chapters, so one has to stick around UNTIL they fully understand the point that is being made. Taking out random verses to support your argument is the easiest way to start reading the bible out of context. If you want to create a doctrine on anything at all from the bible, EVERY part of the bible has to be in consonance with that doctrine. If you are backing a doctrine and one tiny part of the bible is contradicting that doctrine, something is WRONG.

1 Like

Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by SirJohn(m): 3:06am On May 06, 2012
I'm loving this! front row seat with lots of popcorn to munch on cheesy
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by darediamond(m): 3:25am On May 06, 2012
No Tithing For CHRISTIANS.
At no time were first Century Christians commanded to Pay tithes. The Primary Purpose of the Tithing arrangement was TO SURPPOT ISRAEL'S TEMPLE AND PRIESTHOOD; Consequently the obligation to Pay Tithes would sieze when that Mosauc Law Convenant came to an end as fufilled, thru Christ Death on the Torture Stake.(Eph 2:15; Col 2:13, 14) It is true that Levitical Priests continued serving at temple in Jerusalem until it was destroyed by the Romans in 70 C.E, but Christians from and
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by darediamond(m): 3:40am On May 06, 2012
...but Christians from and after 33 C.E(the year our Lord Jesus Christ died), became part of a new Spiritual Priestwood that was not surpported by tithes. Read Romans 6:14; Heb 7:12; 1Pe 2:9.
As Christians, they were encourage to give supports to the Christian ministry both by their own ministerial activity and material contributions. Instead of giving fixed, specified amounts to defray congregational expeses, they were to contrubute " according to what a person have" giving "as he has resolved in his heart
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by darediamond(m): 4:00am On May 06, 2012
Cont...
they were to contribute "according to what a person has," giving "as he has resolved in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion for God loves a cheerful giver." Read 2Co 8:12; 9:7) They were encourage to follow the principle: "Let the Older men who preside in a fine way be reckoned worthy of double honor, especially those who work hard in speaking and teaching. For the Scriptures says: 'You must not muzzel a bull when it treshes out the grain'; also: "The workman is worthy of his wages.'"
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by darediamond(m): 4:08am On May 06, 2012
Cont...
Read (1Ti 5:17,18) However, the apostle Paul set an example in seeking to avoid bringing an undue financial burden on the congregation- Acts 18:3; 1Th 2:9.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by samtoye(m): 4:12am On May 06, 2012
I don't blame those that supports tithing because most of us have been indoctrinated from childhood as we were born into Christian families. It's so hard to change what has become part of our subconsciousness and seems to be a moral obligation similar to obeying your parents.

When we say we are Christians by whose standard do we live? During the time of Christ's ministry, He was seen as a radical Who was opposed to the Jewish laws from Moses and the prophets. The summary of the teaching of Christ was the freedom from the bondage of obeying physical laws that cannot guarantee your salvation nor add anything to your spirituality, His emphasis were always about spiritual sanctification through faith and nothing of "works".

It's funny how the modern day advocates of tithes cleverly extracted and isolated just that single law from all the old laws from the Jewish era. Blackmailing people with Malachi cannot be a teaching from God, it is sad to continously see a father that cannot comfortably feed his family giving "tithe" to a well fed pastor living in extreme opulence; with the father thinking he is doing God a favor. Tithing has come to take the place of blood sacrifice of old where the people believed it's a solution to their sins, hence you see corrupt politicians that plundered the economy, banking executives that have ruined banks, fraudulent employers that eats the labour of thier workers and youths that make a living from scamming others; all sitting conveniently in our churches convinced that they have paid their dues to God therefore they are forgiven.

For you the advocates of Tithing, all you are propagating is the doctrine of the Pharisees and not that of Christ. As much as I am not against giving to the church which is supported bibilically and comes with blessings, let it be known that the spirit of the new testament is about "cheerful giving" and not out of compulsion as advocated in the old testament/modern day pastors (2nd Cor 9:7).

If you are a Christian that obeys all what comes from the high pulpit without asking questions or going to the bible to research the authenticity then you are no different from the religious fanatics called Boko Haram that takes away innocent lives just because a teacher told them it's from God.

Thank you for reading.

Mollie12, May the Spirit of Truth and wisdom never depart from you.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 4:17am On May 06, 2012
ONE OF TITHE HERESY TEACHERS. LISTEN TO WHAT HE SAID, "TITHE TO GATEWAY CHURCH FOR THE REST OF THIS YEAR AND IF YOUR ARE NOT FULLY SATISFIED, I'LL GIVE YOU YOUR MONEY BACK" Am like, WHAT? "I WILL GIVE YOU YOUR MONEY BACK?" And pay attention to the body language of the audience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP0uFa4tj58?version=3&hl=en
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by jidewash(m): 4:17am On May 06, 2012
i wont qoute any scripture 4 u.u all need d spirit of God 2 minister 2 u.the bible is meant 4 proof and reproofn.it is given 2 us as a proof of who God was ,is and will be.what God wanted,what he want now and what he will always want.ur question shows u are a literal scholar.good.but u need 2 move on from your gigal 2 jordan where your understandn is not your power nor by your strenght but by the spirit. a place where ur veil drops.let me tell u.there is greater truth.if u dont believe in tithe,u are missn a point.tithe place in under a blessn.the sky above will never be iron nor ur ground be steel.do more commue wit d holyghost,ask him whether u should tithe or not.may ur window be continually open.thank u.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by georgee07(m): 4:27am On May 06, 2012
Tithing is a command from God and is not negotiable..Mal. 3:10. as a child of God we must obey HIS command. The whole lot of qestions on tithe wil be answered when we get to Heaven. So just obey GOD.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 4:30am On May 06, 2012
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 4:34am On May 06, 2012
jidewash: i wont qoute any scripture 4 u.u all need d spirit of God 2 minister 2 u.the bible is meant 4 proof and reproofn.it is given 2 us as a proof of who God was ,is and will be.what God wanted,what he want now and what he will always want.ur question shows u are a literal scholar.good.but u need 2 move on from your gigal 2 jordan where your understandn is not your power nor by your strenght but by the spirit. a place where ur veil drops.let me tell u.there is greater truth.if u dont believe in tithe,u are missn a point.tithe place in under a blessn.the sky above will never be iron nor ur ground be steel.do more commue wit d holyghost,ask him whether u should tithe or not.may ur window be continually open.thank u.

Do you know a new testament believer IS ALREADY BLESSED AND TITHE IS NOT WHAT BLESSES A NEW TESTAMENT BELIEVER?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 4:40am On May 06, 2012
georgee07: Tithing is a command from God and is not negotiable..Mal. 3:10. as a child of God we must obey HIS command. The whole lot of qestions on tithe wil be answered when we get to Heaven. So just obey GOD.

if tithe is a commandment from God as per Mal.3:10(instituted from the law of Moses) So also is anyone who does not obey the other laws of Moses cursed as per Gal 3:10. Read it for yourself and judge yourself.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Mafious(m): 4:40am On May 06, 2012
[quote author=Pastor Kun]Questions Tithing Advocates Fail To Answer!

Our modern day tithe teachers do not have intellectual honesty.
Most of the pro-tithers cling onto Matthew 23:23 & Luke 11:42 and say that even Jesus said so, therefore the NT Christians need to tithe.  If they take Matthew 23:23/Luke 11:42 as a command for New Testament Christians to tithe here are the questions they need to answer:
1. According to Mishna and Flavious Josephus the 1st century Jews practiced
multiple tithes (almost 3). How did the early Christians practice all 3 tithes?
2. Did the early Christians who did not own farms and cattle give 23% of their earned income to their Churches?
3. Levitical tithes were yearly and it went to Levites according to their
locations. Who are the Levites today and who were the Levites in 1st century
Christianity?
4. How did the “NT Levites” take the 10% of the 10% to the “NT Priests”?
5. If the NT Pastor is the priest don’t we have to tithe to the ushers, choir,
greeters and other Church staff members and let them tithe from their tithes to
the (senior) Pastor?
6. Why does the Senior Pastor collect all tithes today and give salaries to the
staff members and leave many Church workers unpaid? The OT High Priests did not
do that. The OT Aaronic Priests received only 1% of the total tithe.
7. In the OT the High Priests themselves did not tithe but why do our modern day prosperity
preachers tithe to their cohorts?

8. Regarding the festival tithe, do Christians need to go to Jerusalem to observe it as the Jews did? What is our Jerusalem now? Did the NT Christians practice pilgrimage to Jerusalem?. The festival tithe must be taken to Jerusalem. If that was prescribed to NT Christians we should make pilgrimage to Jerusalem like the Muslims visit Mecca?!?!?!

9. The 3rd tithe for poor (Charity Tithe): Why don’t tithe asking Pastors give their congregation the liberty to take care of the poor? Why would it go to the benevolent funds controlled by the Church board? Poor people need to go through hoops to get some help. That really complicates the process?
10. Even if we assume that tithing was commanded to NT Christians the pro-tithers fail to consider one important thing:

* The plurality of the NT Church leadership.

a. In the first century Christianity no Church was run by a single Pastor. The Churches were founded by Apostles and they in turn appointed elders  a.k.a Pastors (in plural – more than one). Why can’t the tithe seeking Pastors follow that model today?

b. Also the early Church had all 5 five fold ministries in the Church.

Apostles, Prophets, Teachers, Evangelists and Pastors. Well, we all cannot agree if the offices of Apostles and Prophets exist today but we all can agree at least the offices of Pastors, Evangelists and Teaches exist in our contemporary Christianity. So the point is, even if the early Church received tithes it was divided amongst all 5 fold ministers and the money DID NOT GO TO A SINGLE PASTOR unlike what we see today. The tithing advocates today need to answer this question as well. They are unwilling to accommodate other types of ministries but want to dominate and control the finances which is totally unfair.

c. Acts 13:1

Now there were at Antioch, in the church that was there, prophets and teachers: Barnabas, and Simeon who was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen who had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.

In Acts 13:1 we see in the early Church of Antioch they had 5 ministers who were prophets and teachers.   Is it logical to assume all these 5 ministers received “double portion” of the “tithes” that that Church was receiving if it ever received money as tithe.   When Paul and Barnabas were commissioned as Apostles a few verses later did they start receiving half of the money they got when they had that dual calling of functioning as prophets and teachers.  In Acts chapter 13 we see their dual function of prophets and teachers was changed by the Holy Spirit to only one office in the five-fold ministry.

d. Many Senior Pastors have their associate Pastors. Most of them are not paid well and some of them are asked to “live by faith”. These tithe hungry Pastors not only forget the poor but also neglect their own staff members. This example was certainly not followed by the first century Christian church.

Therefore the pro-tithers still would not meet the NT model of tithing even if it was practiced by the early Christian church.

New Testament Christians Don’t Be Deceived By these Mammon Lovers!!

Source: http://thewordonthewordoffaithinfoblog.com/2010/05/22/uncomfortable-questions-for-tithe-teaching-preachers/[/quz

I don't know of any flavious or Mishna but I can assure you that tithe has always been 10% of your increase so I don't know where the 23% tithe is coming from.
Secondly this is nairaland a place where you can come and air your observations, so if you say some Senior Pastors chop all the tithe and refuse to pay their staff remember that those are strong allegations so at least give us names of those Church that you know who do that (no one is ever going to find you out) if not we would just assume that you are either not sure or simply telling lies.

Second you say we cannot agree that the office of Apostle and Prophets exist today (really!) so who is we? It appears you obviously don't know what the five fold office is.

To the main topic least I drag this too long, the first person to pay tithe was Abraham and he did it on his free will. Tithing has been and will always be free will (covenant or not), he did it as an example for us. The Pharisees understood this perfectly that is why the tithed even to the the last morsel.

Like anything in this world; when money can be made you'll find unqualified people practicing that does not mean you should brand every pastor a thief who is in it for the money. If you call yourself a Christian and you have read your bible cover to cover and you fall prey to a fake pastor then you are the dumb one.
Jesus Christ said I WOULD BUILD MY CHURCH AND THE GATE OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL so if you don't believe in tithing keep your money real Church would never need you paltry 10k to survive. I hurts me when I hear people make so much noise like they have ever given more than 50 naira offering, in my time in Church and you can investigate yourself no Church can grow on tithe and offerings alone, you find people who give over and above what other give some folks refer to them as partners those are the folks who fund projects writing cheques to the tune of Millions so it you have a problem I believe you should request a refund of you tithe and you should get it.

Abraham gave met Melchi perceived he was a priest and gave him a tithe, Jacob was sleeping and had a dream where he say angels ascending and descending and he built an alter and gave burnt offering. This folks recognized the principle of sowing and Hebrews 7 tell us Christ is a priest of the order of Melchi so tithing is perfectly legal for only a priest of the Most High can receive a full 10% tithe.

Malachi 3 is a good chapter that deals with the promise of attached to tithing, so instead of complaining about tithing you do it and see if my God would fail to bless you. Nobody is a fool my dear you think the Millions of people who tithe don't have important things to do with their money? I have been unfaithful with my tithe and I have also been absolutely faithful and I have seen the difference this tithing business works.

Tithing take a level of faith and spiritual maturity so it's not for the feeble minded. I have friends who don't tithe and without coming through as proud I tell you they cannot touch me. I am the only who goes to the US embassy with a stupid bank statement and still get my Visa, I have visited 6 nations on 3 continents without having to spend a dime, I am the one who turns down GTB because the Job is just too damn hard. I am the one who will get a Lagos State Scholarship to finish my commercial pilots license and I am just in my 20's imagine what God has in stock for me if I remain faithful if you don't believe me let me know and I would add you as a friend on FB so you would see a living testimony of the manifestations that comes with tithing. Get over the narrow mindedness and give to God what is God's and if the pastor chooses to squander it let him it's between him and God.

As for your last point if your Church does not have a ministry for the less privileged change Church it's that simple.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 4:50am On May 06, 2012
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Deedee49(f): 4:54am On May 06, 2012
As for me,what is bin done with my tithe is none of my business. I am only obeying the commandment of God by paying it to d church. So,if someone mis-uses it,its left to him and God,not me!
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 5:00am On May 06, 2012
Deedee49: As for me,what is bin done with my tithe is none of my business. I am only obeying the commandment of God by paying it to d church. So,if someone mis-uses it,its left to him and God,not me!

And where in the bible IS THE DEFINED AS THE STOREHOUSE WHERE YOU TAKE YOUR TITHE TO? JUST SHOW US A SINGLE VERSE THAT CALLS THE STOREHOUSE THE CHURCH?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 5:03am On May 06, 2012
Mafious: I don't know of any flavious or Mishna but I can assure you that tithe has always been 10% of your increase so I don't know where the 23% tithe is coming from.
Secondly this is nairaland a place where you can come and air your observations, so if you say some Senior Pastors chop all the tithe and refuse to pay their staff remember that those are strong allegations so at least give us names of those Church that you know who do that (no one is ever going to find you out) if not we would just assume that you are either not sure or simply telling lies.

Second you say we cannot agree that the office of Apostle and Prophets exist today (really!) so who is we? It appears you obviously don't know what the five fold office is.

To the main topic least I drag this too long, the first person to pay tithe was Abraham and he did it on his free will. Tithing has been and will always be free will (covenant or not), he did it as an example for us. The Pharisees understood this perfectly that is why the tithed even to the the last morsel.

Like anything in this world; when money can be made you'll find unqualified people practicing that does not mean you should brand every pastor a thief who is in it for the money. If you call yourself a Christian and you have read your bible cover to cover and you fall prey to a fake pastor then you are the dumb one.
Jesus Christ said I WOULD BUILD MY CHURCH AND THE GATE OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL so if you don't believe in tithing keep your money real Church would never need you paltry 10k to survive. I hurts me when I hear people make so much noise like they have ever given more than 50 naira offering, in my time in Church and you can investigate yourself no Church can grow on tithe and offerings alone, you find people who give over and above what other give some folks refer to them as partners those are the folks who fund projects writing cheques to the tune of Millions so it you have a problem I believe you should request a refund of you tithe and you should get it.

Abraham gave met Melchi perceived he was a priest and gave him a tithe, Jacob was sleeping and had a dream where he say angels ascending and descending and he built an alter and gave burnt offering. This folks recognized the principle of sowing and Hebrews 7 tell us Christ is a priest of the order of Melchi so tithing is perfectly legal for only a priest of the Most High can receive a full 10% tithe.

Malachi 3 is a good chapter that deals with the promise of attached to tithing, so instead of complaining about tithing you do it and see if my God would fail to bless you. Nobody is a fool my dear you think the Millions of people who tithe don't have important things to do with their money? I have been unfaithful with my tithe and I have also been absolutely faithful and I have seen the difference this tithing business works.

Tithing take a level of faith and spiritual maturity so it's not for the feeble minded. I have friends who don't tithe and without coming through as proud I tell you they cannot touch me. I am the only who goes to the US embassy with a silly bank statement and still get my Visa, I have visited 6 nations on 3 continents without having to spend a dime, I am the one who turns down GTB because the Job is just too damn hard. I am the one who will get a Lagos State Scholarship to finish my commercial pilots license and I am just in my 20's imagine what God has in stock for me if I remain faithful if you don't believe me let me know and I would add you as a friend on FB so you would see a living testimony of the manifestations that comes with tithing. Get over the narrow mindedness and give to God what is God's and if the pastor chooses to squander it let him it's between him and God.

As for your last point if your Church does not have a ministry for the less privileged change Church it's that simple.

Can I ask you few questions from the indoctrination you posted here?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by samtoye(m): 5:33am On May 06, 2012
Black Africans are peculiar people especially Nigerians ( I am a black too). It is mostly in this side of the globe that we live on believes and hopes rather than taking responsibities for our destinies. It's only in this part of the world we pray for electricity rather than generate it from a source, it's only in this side of the world that people would believe they can walk into great wealth without working for it. Religion they say is the opium of the people and it is the only premises where sentiment surpasses logicality. Over time I have observed that when it comes to religious arguments one should learn where to draw the lines no matter how tempting the points are. Religious debates are like vicious cycles, you would always end up where you started from except you break off the chain of argument.
On a final note, Africans would need to evolve from primitivity if we are to attain any meaningful development.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Blofeld(m): 5:42am On May 06, 2012
Interesting. I feel that if one can contribute to social causes like old boys associations, motherless babies charities and the likes according to one's financial standing then it is definitely very important as well to contribute to the Church which need funds to procure new equipment/ properties and maintain existing ones among other Church needs. This not withstanding, I see it as a big scam to indoctrinate worshipers with unfounded ideas that God will will not bless those who do not give out 10% of their earnings to His cause. It is criminal to teach this. Cheers buddies!
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by gentleguy2002: 5:58am On May 06, 2012
nice one there
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by sammoR: 6:13am On May 06, 2012
Obviously, Pst Kun or whatever is very confused, apparently not a member of God's family n certainly not a pastor. Do family members wash their dirty linen in public? What's ur problem with tithing anyway? If u don't believe in it, then leave it be n not create a thread where u cause dissension. Focus on how to be relevant in society. What kind of pastor r u? I pity those listening to u. U r apparently not a member of God's fAmily or a very confused n misguided one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (31) (Reply)

Church Banner With Archbishop Benson Idahosa As Guest Speaker Causes Stir / Deeper Life Church Building Collapses In Lagos, Worshippers Injured / "After Prayers, I Would Go Back To Masturbation & Watch Blue Film" - Kenyan Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.