Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. - Religion (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. (43945 Views)

Where Will You Worship God Today? / One Big Reason You Must Praise God Today. Picture. / PHOTOS: I Abandoned My Five Children To Become A Lesbian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 8:23am On May 03, 2012
davidylan:

and why exactly do you think america abandoned space research if it is as promising as you say it is? What groundbreaking research has CERN come up with to improve our knowledge of how the earth came about by random chaos?

How exactly do you think voyagers will find something in space worth researching if they cant even get there? undecided

Absurd.

Abeg,read my post properly before replying.
$$$ is the hindrance. America has not abandoned its space research. What it abandoned was a CERN-like project because of $$$ again. Don't look down on CERN,I am ashamed my country can not even mount a research like that if they wanted to. Check out the Nobel prize winners(when working with CERN) and the nobel laureates working on it. It will do you well to research on their groundbreaking discoveries. Most are even kept away from the public. Afterall,it is a nuclear facility.
One rover was equipped with instrument to test for life on mars. Some will remain travelling till after 2020 and beyond. Please just do the research.
As for your insults,everyone know the kind of person you are. I refuse to get in a mudfight with you.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by segestic: 10:57am On May 03, 2012
u abandoned GOD AND RELIGION TODAY. WELCOME TO SATANS DOMINION. HELL IS WAITING FOR THOSE THAT ABANDONS JESUS CHRIST. PLEASE ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOUR NOW BEFORE IT IS TO LATE. FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT AFTER LIFE (ETERNITY) GET THIS BOOK: DIVINE REVELATION OF HELL & DIVINE REVELATION OF HEAVEN BY MARY K. BAXTER.

PLS TAKE THIS MESSAGE URGENTLY AS YOUR LIFE (ETERNITY) IS TIED.

JESUS BLESS.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by logicboy: 11:47am On May 03, 2012
segestic: u abandoned GOD AND RELIGION TODAY. WELCOME TO SATANS DOMINION. HELL IS WAITING FOR THOSE THAT ABANDONS JESUS CHRIST. PLEASE ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOUR NOW BEFORE IT IS TO LATE. FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT AFTER LIFE (ETERNITY) GET THIS BOOK: DIVINE REVELATION OF HELL & DIVINE REVELATION OF HEAVEN BY MARY K. BAXTER.

PLS TAKE THIS MESSAGE URGENTLY AS YOUR LIFE (ETERNITY) IS TIED.

JESUS BLESS.

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Jack65: 2:29pm On May 03, 2012
Lol!!! Logicboy, lets use this one! tongue

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 03, 2012
Avicenna:

Abeg,read my post properly before replying.
$$$ is the hindrance. America has not abandoned its space research. What it abandoned was a CERN-like project because of $$$ again. Don't look down on CERN,I am ashamed my country can not even mount a research like that if they wanted to. Check out the Nobel prize winners(when working with CERN) and the nobel laureates working on it. It will do you well to research on their groundbreaking discoveries. Most are even kept away from the public. Afterall,it is a nuclear facility.
One rover was equipped with instrument to test for life on mars. Some will remain travelling till after 2020 and beyond. Please just do the research.
As for your insults,everyone know the kind of person you are. I refuse to get in a mudfight with you.

your post is a lot of words but very little said. America has practically given up on government-sponsored space research because after 60 yrs of trying, we still arent any closer to whether we have aliens in space, water on mars or how we virtually appeared out of thin air to land on just one out of hundreds of planets out there. Epic fail!
and what exactly has CERN achieved that has brought us any closer to figuring out how we came to be? Why cant you provide evidence when asked rather than the cowardly approach of asking others to "research" (the refuge of the clueless).

Huh the rover testing for life on mars has found exactly what? Epic fail.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 03, 2012
Avicenna:

Evolution have not been proven? Uh! If denial suits you,by all means keep living in it.
Universities cannot invest billions in evolution. Maybe the way I phrased it misled you. All they need to do is teach it and let undergraduate biologists or doctorate candidates carry out projects and thesis on it. Groundbreaking research? We are in a digital age,information at your fingertips.

Hm, most creationists won't agree with that. Afterall,they want it taught in a science class.

daft. Show us the evidence here dude. I'm tired of the circular reasoning you idiots resort to when you are asked to provide evidence of your baseless claims.

Look here dumbo, the idea that all universities need to do is "teach" evolution so others can carry out projects on it is bull. Those carrying out the research are doing so where? In the very same universities even you know are not spending any money looking into the bottomless pit that is evolution.

Why cant you show us the groundbreaking research you've been bleating about? Why telling us to go research it? Try by giving us just one pls...
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 03, 2012
Avicenna:
Hm, most creationists won't agree with that. Afterall,they want it taught in a science class.

Epic fail again.
The above is NOT true. Creationists are not angling to teach creationism as a science, you wont find genesis in your biology textbook. Creationists are simply asking that it be taught (just as it always has been) as an alternative to the origin of man in schools. They are not asking to gatecrash your science class.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by logicboy: 6:55pm On May 03, 2012
davidylan:

Epic fail again.
The above is NOT true. Creationists are not angling to teach creationism as a science, you wont find genesis in your biology textbook. Creationists are simply asking that it be taught (just as it always has been) as an alternative to the origin of man in schools. They are not asking to gatecrash your science class.

Creationism is not an alternative to evolution, it belongs in elective religious classes.

Can you please name one fact in creationism
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 03, 2012
logicboy:

Creationism is not an alternative to evolution, it belongs in elective religious classes.

Actually, no one has advocated creationism as an alternative to evolution rather it has been the other way round.
Creationism has always been in elective religious classes and should stay that way, we are just about getting sick of dumb atheists who want to use the courts to remove those elective religious classes from our public schools altogether.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by geniuspaul(m): 7:12pm On May 03, 2012
@Poster,My dear brother,its very pathetic that u took that decision.Besides u shouldnt have written this post;it can destroy new converts/Young believers faith.But never the less whether u accept it or not God is Real.I have every reason to tell u that.If i were u,even though i can never be u;i will seek Him with all my heart.Only those who seek Him will find Him.I will surely remember u in my prayers,God really needs to manifest Himself to u.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by logicboy: 7:23pm On May 03, 2012
davidylan:

Actually, no one has advocated creationism as an alternative to evolution rather it has been the other way round.
Creationism has always been in elective religious classes and should stay that way, we are just about getting sick of dumb atheists who want to use the courts to remove those elective religious classes from our public schools altogether.

Creationism is not factual. Cant blame them for throwing it out of public schools.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 03, 2012
logicboy:

Creationism is not factual. Cant blame them for throwing it out of public schools.

That's really stupid. It is the prerogative of parents to choose what they feel their parents should be exposed to. After all like you said, these classes are ELECTIVE! You can choose to opt your kids out of it. Why should me kids be deprived of the very idea of creationism just because you find it offensive?
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by logicboy: 7:30pm On May 03, 2012
davidylan:

Forget evolution, please I need your answers here;
https://www.nairaland.com/929193/world-without-religion...better-not
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by logicboy: 7:32pm On May 03, 2012
davidylan:

That's really stupid. It is the prerogative of parents to choose what they feel their parents should be exposed to. After all like you said, these classes are ELECTIVE! You can choose to opt your kids out of it. Why should me kids be deprived of the very idea of creationism just because you find it offensive?

How does it feel to be oppressed? grin grin grin grin grin grin

I'm okay with the classes being elective but i have no sympathy for creationists because evolution was banned too at a time.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 03, 2012
logicboy:

Forget evolution, please I need your answers here;
https://www.nairaland.com/929193/world-without-religion...better-not

why? because you cant explain it?
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by logicboy: 7:33pm On May 03, 2012
davidylan:

why? because you cant explain it?

The link has nothing to do with evolution. It's a question about religion and a better world.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 7:33pm On May 03, 2012
davidylan:

your post is a lot of words but very little said. America has practically given up on government-sponsored space research because after 60 yrs of trying, we still arent any closer to whether we have aliens in space, water on mars or how we virtually appeared out of thin air to land on just one out of hundreds of planets out there. Epic fail!
and what exactly has CERN achieved that has brought us any closer to figuring out how we came to be? Why cant you provide evidence when asked rather than the cowardly approach of asking others to "research" (the refuge of the clueless).

Huh the rover testing for life on mars has found exactly what? Epic fail.
? 'Out of thin air' 'what has CERN achieved?' are you kidding me?
Dude,you seriously have comprehension problems.
I rarely click on links here so I won't provide links. Anybody that wants to acquire knowledge should be ready to search for it. If you can log on to Nairaland, it will take you less than a minute to google up results.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by mrmayor(m): 7:35pm On May 03, 2012
2good:

The point you quoted above is so true and the reason Nigeria and many African countries are so backward and among the poorest countries in the world with poverty increasing at an exponential rate with rising population and crippling economy.
Have you notice that buildings that once stood as factories have now been converted to mega churches, where people go to pray for financial breakthrough while the factories that are suppose to provide these finances they sort after are folding up. The funnies thing is that never in school were we thought that the solution to success is prayer but instead we were taught the basics of economics and the principles required to create wealth and sustain an economy. Somewhere along the line, all these teachings are replaced by religious deceit from people with no single experience of creating wealth other than using people's religious gullibility to milk them dry of their finances and the whole population of a country disregard well tested economic policies in favour of the quick rich teachings of religion which is the reason Nigeria is in its current state.

Infact bros 21 Niger Delta Gbosas to you.I comot cap.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 03, 2012
Avicenna:
? 'Out of thin air' 'what has CERN achieved?' are you kidding me?
Dude,you seriously have comprehension problems.
I rarely click on links here so I won't provide links. Anybody that wants to acquire knowledge should be ready to search for it. If you can log on to Nairaland, it will take you less than a minute to google up results.

thanks for the tepid excuse but you really wont provide links because you really dont know. Under all the stup[i]i[/i]d blustering is a whole lot of stupefying ignorance. Why cant you at least give us 2 well known CERN conclusions on the origins of man or the earth? surely you dont need links to make a factual statement that we can go research later no?

Again i ask, what has CERN contributed to our knowledge of man's origin?

Please stup that cowardly, nauseating claptrap about saying we shld go research... if you dont know, its ok to say so.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 7:42pm On May 03, 2012
davidylan:

daft. Show us the evidence here dude. I'm tired of the circular reasoning you idiots resort to when you are asked to provide evidence of your baseless claims.

Look here dumbo, the idea that all universities need to do is "teach" evolution so others can carry out projects on it is bull. Those carrying out the research are doing so where? In the very same universities even you know are not spending any money looking into the bottomless pit that is evolution.

Why cant you show us the groundbreaking research you've been bleating about? Why telling us to go research it? Try by giving us just one pls...
Before I got convinced to take this position, I don't take links seriously,I still don't . I know it is preferable for the inquirer to discover it themselves. Nothing you say here will force me to change my no links position.
If you think I post my argument solely for you, you are sadly mistaken. This is why I'm not affected by your insults.
It has gotten to the point where you usually ask same questions over and over again even if every atheist on this forum answer them as accurately as possible.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 03, 2012
Avicenna:
Before I got convinced to take this position, I don't take links seriously,I still don't . I know it is preferable for the inquirer to discover it themselves. Nothing you say here will force me to change my no links position.
If you think I post my argument solely for you, you are sadly mistaken. This is why I'm not affected by your insults.
It has gotten to the point where you usually ask same questions over and over again even if every atheist on this forum answer them as accurately as possible.

I ask the same questions over and over and over again because you empty barrels can never answer anything, its the same circular arguments from you fools. when asked to back up your claims all we get are vapid claims about "research". Enjoy.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Purist(m): 7:49pm On May 03, 2012
davidylan:

Well, nothing concrete at the moment. But they are getting quite close to finding that elusive "God particle", which may very well turn out to be one of the biggest discoveries of the century. One of the engineers at CERN recently said that the particle may be discovered in a matter of months. Keep your fingers crossed. wink
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 7:52pm On May 03, 2012
CERN has nothing to do with origin of man. Stop confusing yourself. It is a nuclear research facility. For particle physics.
If you want to know more, google is your friend. Get balanced views all over the internet.
I am not a physicist. So my understanding of particle physics is limited. But , its still good enough to get the basic ideas and theories of this field. Get your facts from the experts all over the world. ON YOUR COMPUTER.
I refuse to lead you. Its your journey.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 7:53pm On May 03, 2012
Purist:

Well, nothing concrete at the moment. But they are getting quite close to finding that elusive "God particle", which may very well turn out to be one of the biggest discoveries of the century. One of the engineers at CERN recently said that the particle may be discovered in a matter of months. Keep your fingers crossed. wink

or which may well turn out to the world's largest hoax. What does the "God particle" tell you? they've been "mighty close" since i was 10 yrs old. Next?
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 03, 2012
Avicenna: CERN has nothing to do with origin of man. Stop confusing yourself. It is a nuclear research facility. For particle physics.

So why have you been bothering us with CERN all day? Where is the evidence showing how man appeared?

Avicenna:
If you want to know more, google is your friend. Get balanced views all over the internet.
I am not a physicist. So my understanding of particle physics is limited. But , its still good enough to get the basic ideas and theories of this field. Get your facts from the experts all over the world. ON YOUR COMPUTER.
I refuse to lead you. Its your journey.

How can you "lead me" when you also confess to be just as ignorantly stupid? It never ceases to amaze me how these stup[i]i[/i]d morons come here bleating about science only to admit they know absolutely nothing of what they brag about.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 7:56pm On May 03, 2012
Purist:

Yes, the God particle. We need a science section around here. To think some people can do a simple research.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 03, 2012
Avicenna:
Yes, the God particle. We need a science section around here. To think some people can do a simple research.

Do YOU understand it? Asking for a science section to do what there? What do you plan to contribute? A few buzz words here and there?
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 8:02pm On May 03, 2012
davidylan:

So why have you been bothering us with CERN all day? Where is the evidence showing how man appeared?

How can you "lead me" when you also confess to be just as ignorantly stupid? It never ceases to amaze me how these stup[i]i[/i]d morons come here bleating about science only to admit they know absolutely nothing of what they brag about.
Again you mistake, I don't post for you.
You were the one trolling asking questions you can easily get the answers from experts all over the world on the internet.
I don't intend to lead. This is not a religion. I am opening eyes. Just how people here did for me.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 8:04pm On May 03, 2012
davidylan:

Do YOU understand it? Asking for a science section to do what there? What do you plan to contribute? A few buzz words here and there?
I understand enough.
I specialize in the medical sciences(basic and clinical). There is a lot to contribute.
Health section is not as exciting or vast as a science section could be.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Purist(m): 8:09pm On May 03, 2012
davidylan:
or which may well turn out to the world's largest hoax. What does the "God particle" tell you?

True. But if found, the "God particle" could help explain how the universe came to be. The discovery would change our present worldview, literally.

davidylan:
they've been "mighty close" since i was 10 yrs old. Next?

FALSE. Unless you're 14 years old. grin The LHC only began operation in 2008. As I said, keep your fingers crossed.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 8:40pm On May 03, 2012
Purist:

True. But if found, the "God particle" could help explain how the universe came to be. The discovery would change our present worldview, literally.

FALSE. Unless you're 14 years old. grin The LHC only began operation in 2008. As I said, keep your fingers crossed.
No wonder, he throws insults and abuses around like some angry teenager. cheesy
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 8:47pm On May 03, 2012
Now we know... davidlyar... grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (37) (Reply)

Pastor Enenche: 'Evil Wind Brought Corona Virus, It Will Expire In 21 Days’ / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” / Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.