Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,778 members, 7,844,529 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) (4376 Views)

Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo / Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? / The Wrath Of God: Discussion About Hell - Strictly Christians Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by rastamouse: 4:05pm On Apr 18, 2012
logicboy:

You are even becoming more absurd.

Bill gates created windows and I use a sony laptop.

Does sony or bill gates have any claim to the video that my laptop creates through the webcam?

If god created me, does he own the things i create?

What did you just write there? How did the argument get there?
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by logicboy: 4:06pm On Apr 18, 2012
rastamouse:

They do my brother. If your hand is cut off right now, will you cease to be logicboy?

Irrelevant. You have never seen a soul. Souls dont exist. If we had souls, we would be able to connect to the spiritual world but that doesnt happen
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by rastamouse: 4:08pm On Apr 18, 2012
logicboy:

Irrelevant. You have never seen a soul. Souls dont exist. If we had souls, we would be able to connect to the spiritual world but that doesnt happen

Why don't you answer the question. Will you still be logic boy without a hand?
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by logicboy: 4:08pm On Apr 18, 2012
rastamouse:

You use an atheist created site, you use an atheist created software, you use an atheist created hardware, yet you call athiests fools.

Your defense was that God created atheists and therefore is the owner of the atheists creation and therefore it's okay for you to call them fools for not believing in God. Stupidity at it's finest
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by ea7(m): 4:08pm On Apr 18, 2012
Logic Mind:

they resort to insults when they lose arguments
if the disciples were like you, then their deaths were inevitable. Even your paul argued with greek philosophers and convinced them with logic (in the story). How do you propose to win our souls anyway.
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by logicboy: 4:09pm On Apr 18, 2012
rastamouse:

Why don't you answer the question. Will you still be logic boy without a hand?

I would still be logic boy without a hand
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by rastamouse: 4:16pm On Apr 18, 2012
logicboy:

You use an atheist created site, you use an atheist created software, you use an atheist created hardware, yet you call athiests fools.

Your defense was that God created atheists and therefore is the owner of the atheists creation and therefore it's okay for you to call them fools for not believing in God. Stupidity at it's finest

grin grin grin grin grin

From what you have written there, it is clear that you never even followed the argument (or was not able to keep up). Let me bring you up to speed on what we just discussed. You were wondering why 68 percent of Japanese, Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates were all fools. The answer that I gave you is that it is because they have failed to believe that they were created. How does that have anything to do with the laptop, OS and the website that I am using?

Aren't you sounding ridiculous? You don't want me to call those people fools because they came up with gadgets. Yet you type rubbish about the MAN WHO made you and the very air that you breathe.

What you and all atheist that speak against GOD should know is that HIS love is unfailing and very great. I have to admit that if it has been me up there, you will not even be here typing those nonsense!
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by rastamouse: 4:21pm On Apr 18, 2012
ea7: if the disciples were like you, then their deaths were inevitable. Even your paul argued with greek philosophers and convinced them with logic (in the story). How do you propose to win our souls anyway.

Listen up...evangelism is not marketing. I don't have to lie to you to turn to GOD. The Bible makes it clear that unless GOD calls you, it is impossible to come to HIM. It is also written in the Bible that not every soul can be saved.

I am not called by CHRIST to win souls...I am called to preach the WORD (unadulterated). Whoever hears the Gospel, it is up to that person to make a decision to accept or reject. I will only be judged if I don't tell you that JESUS loves you and want to save you from hell. If you choose to mock those words, it is up to you and a decision that you have made.

Just don't feel big there thinking that I am here to beg you to save your own soul. That is up to you!
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by ea7(m): 4:22pm On Apr 18, 2012
rastamouse:

i see you are slow rastarat. Let me spell it out, if he has a windows using sony laptop, do microsoft and sony own whatever he produces?
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by rastamouse: 4:24pm On Apr 18, 2012
logicboy:

I would still be logic boy without a hand

Really? How is that?
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by ea7(m): 4:24pm On Apr 18, 2012
rastamouse:

Listen up...evangelism is not marketing. I don't have to lie to you to turn to GOD. The Bible makes it clear that unless GOD calls you, it is impossible to come to HIM. It is also written in the Bible that not every soul can be saved.

I am not called by CHRIST to win souls...I am called to preach the WORD (unadulterated). Whoever hears the Gospel, it is up to that person to make a decision to accept or reject. I will only be judged if I don't tell you that JESUS loves you and want to save you from hell. If you choose to mock those words, it is up to you and a decision that you have made.

Just don't feel big there thinking that I am here to beg you to save your own soul. That is up to you!
so what is your point, your god plans to roast every one any way?
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by bigd4050: 4:25pm On Apr 18, 2012
logicboy:

Thank for you for being calm and respectful even when we both do not agree. This is the problem with many christians here on Nairaland! They know they are losing the argument and so, they start calling atheists fools and say that we will burn in hell! They should remain civil and stick to the topic.

As for your christian perspective, it is rubbish; Pope Gregory IX in the 13th century accepts Jesus Christ as a christian but enforced the slavery of non-christians. Pope Gregory can repent and go to heaven. Ghandi is a Hinduist who negotiates the peaceful freedom of his people and lives a chaste life but he will go to hell since he died as a Hinduist. Is your religion fair or just plain rubbish?

I agree half the reason I started posting on this site is because all the Christians were posting complete nonsense and making themselves look like five year olds. I may not be the best debater but at least I can argue from a non-emotional temperament.

I think that your confusing faith with perfection with your example. No one who believes in God is perfect by any stretch. I think especially in those times, slavery was such an accepted thing it probably didn't even occur to them that it was wrong. It was just the way things were. That's how everyone thought. I think if those same people lived today, their viewpoint would be much different having an understanding of what society without slavery looks like.

When it comes to Christianity, only faith and repentance alone will bring you to God. If I brought world peace, ended famines and brought food to every single child, and stopped the human trafficking market, I would have done some very good things. But they have no relation to God because none of those acts were done for him or to further his kingdom. Works alone will not save anyone, because everyone has sinned and that makes them worthy of Hell.

(By the way as a side point, I really don't think many Catholics are going to heaven. Some will, but many elevate Mary to the position of God as well, which is blasphemous)
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by rastamouse: 4:26pm On Apr 18, 2012
ea7: i see you are slow rastarat. Let me spell it out, if he has a windows using sony laptop, do microsoft and sony own whatever he produces?

You are worse Ea...was the laptop and windows giving to you or you bought it?
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by LogicMind: 4:27pm On Apr 18, 2012
ea7: if the disciples were like you, then their deaths were inevitable. Even your paul argued with greek philosophers and convinced them with logic (in the story). How do you propose to win our souls anyway.

wtf?
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by ea7(m): 4:28pm On Apr 18, 2012
i dont get how you christians think even if god exists, you might still burn cuz he is that kind of guy. Wrathful, wicked hatefilled, arrogant, callous. Jealous.
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by logicboy: 4:32pm On Apr 18, 2012
rastamouse:

grin grin grin grin grin

From what you have written there, it is clear that you never even followed the argument (or was not able to keep up). Let me bring you up to speed on what we just discussed. You were wondering why 68 percent of Japanese, Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates were all fools. The answer that I gave you is that it is because they have failed to believe that they were created. How does that have anything to do with the laptop, OS and the website that I am using?

Aren't you sounding ridiculous? You don't want me to call those people fools because they came up with gadgets. Yet you type rubbish about the MAN WHO made you and the very air that you breathe.

What you and all atheist that speak against GOD should know is that HIS love is unfailing and very great. I have to admit that if it has been me up there, you will not even be here typing those nonsense!

Lol......that's the point. Even if God owns them, he doesnt own their creations, he did not create their creations, they did it themselves. So, for you to use their gadgets and call them fools is only testament to your disgusting hypocrisy and ungratefulness.

Have you asked yourself why you have served God, yet atheist countries do better than your country (which has less than 1% atheists). Also why is it that atheists are contributing to humanity more than what you christians or your god did in this present day? Your God brought leprosy with no cure but modern scientists (respected scientists who are majorly atheists) have cures for leoprosy at its infant stage.

If you really believe that Bill Gates is a fool, then stop using your laptop, the bible says that you should avoid a fool, lest you engage in his foolishness. Stop using facebook. Dont use Japanese cars. Lets see how your life plays out
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by ea7(m): 4:35pm On Apr 18, 2012
Logic Mind:

wtf?
if the disciples were like rastamouse, annoying, insulting, getting on everyone's nerves, then, their death's were inevitable.
If paul argued like rastamouse he would not have been able to win over philosophers in greek.
Granting that these two stories happened.
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by logicboy: 4:35pm On Apr 18, 2012
rastamouse:

You are worse Ea...was the laptop and windows giving to you or you bought it?

Did you pay for facebook or using this site? Nice try to escape!
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by rastamouse: 4:40pm On Apr 18, 2012
logicboy:

Lol......that's the point. Even if God owns them, he doesnt own their creations, he did not create their creations, they did it themselves. So, for you to use their gadgets and call them fools is only testament to your disgusting hypocrisy and ungratefulness.

Have you asked yourself why you have served God, yet atheist countries do better than your country (which has less than 1% atheists). Also why is it that atheists are contributing to humanity more than what you christians or your god did in this present day? Your God brought leprosy with no cure but modern scientists (respected scientists who are majorly atheists) have cures for leoprosy at its infant stage.

If you really believe that Bill Gates is a fool, then stop using your laptop, the bible says that you should avoid a fool, lest you engage in his foolishness. Stop using facebook. Dont use Japanese cars. Lets see how your life plays out

LOL...very funny...

I don't know why you are pressing to get gadgets into this argument. For your information, GOD never created leprosy (it is a condition like millions of other conditions). GOD healed leprosy (I mean advanced ones, not infant leprosy that you brag about), thousands of years ago and continues to do them this day.

You can be the world's richest person and still be a fool. How did the riches of the rich man end him (the story of Lazarus and the richman)? That is the problem with you atheist. You measure success with material things but the Bible state clearly that one can gain the whole world and lose the most important thing (the soul).

Which one will you want- a flashy moment on this earth or eternal peace?
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by logicboy: 4:41pm On Apr 18, 2012
bigd4050:

I agree half the reason I started posting on this site is because all the Christians were posting complete nonsense and making themselves look like five year olds. I may not be the best debater but at least I can argue from a non-emotional temperament.

I think that your confusing faith with perfection with your example. No one who believes in God is perfect by any stretch. I think especially in those times, slavery was such an accepted thing it probably didn't even occur to them that it was wrong. It was just the way things were. That's how everyone thought. I think if those same people lived today, their viewpoint would be much different having an understanding of what society without slavery looks like.

When it comes to Christianity, only faith and repentance alone will bring you to God. If I brought world peace, ended famines and brought food to every single child, and stopped the human trafficking market, I would have done some very good things. But they have no relation to God because none of those acts were done for him or to further his kingdom. Works alone will not save anyone, because everyone has sinned and that makes them worthy of Hell.

(By the way as a side point, I really don't think many Catholics are going to heaven. Some will, but many elevate Mary to the position of God as well, which is blasphemous)

You derailed your own argument!

1) As an ex-catholic, catholics do not believe Mary is God. While they do honour her, they never say that she is God. "holy mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners....." Do you tell God to pray for you!

2) If you brought world peace a an atheist, you would have still saved christian lives, is that not related to God?

3) You know in your heart that in christian theory, Hitler can go to heaven as long as he died as a repented christian but Ghandi, who died as a Hinduist, would go to hell. Christianity is rubbish
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by bigd4050: 4:41pm On Apr 18, 2012
logicboy:

I can completely understand why you think that way, especially with rastamouse's inexcusably pathetic defenses.

I think of it like a parent to child relationship. The parent gave birth to the child, owns the house the child lives in, and so in turn everything in it. The parent lets the child run around and play and do what it wants, but if the child gets a toy, while the parent lets the child keep it, the child does not have the money to buy its own toy. Bill Gates has invented some great things, but his mind is given to him by God, the materials for making computers or discs with Microsoft Word on them are God's. He created everything so all things are his. Bill Gates still deserves his money, but he did not just bring Microsoft Word together out of thin air.

As far your argument against sickness, why is it bad that leprousy had no cure then? There was simply not the technology to find a cure before sceientists did. Jesus healed people of their leprousy in the Bible, if that is what you mean.
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by rastamouse: 4:43pm On Apr 18, 2012
logicboy:

Did you pay for facebook or using this site? Nice try to escape!

Does the comments that I post here end up on my server? When I use fb, do Zuckerberg give my input on the site to me as my property?
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by bigd4050: 4:44pm On Apr 18, 2012
logicboy:

You derailed your own argument!

1) As an ex-catholic, catholics do not believe Mary is God. While they do honour her, they never say that she is God. "holy mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners....." Do you tell God to pray for you!

2) If you brought world peace a an atheist, you would have still saved christian lives, is that not related to God?

3) You know in your heart that in christian theory, Hitler can go to heaven as long as he died as a repented christian but Ghandi, who died as a Hinduist, would go to hell. Christianity is rubbish

Its not rubbish you are just disregarded what I told you. Hitler could have gone to heaven if he repented but, so could Ghandi. Hitler killed himself and went to Hell. Let's stick to reality, not the hypotheticals.

About Catholocism, perhaps your Catholic church did not praise Mary as God, but I know some do. Besides, who else in the Bible is called holy besides Christ? Praying to Mary for anything is wrong, she is not God.

And no, bringing world peace does not make you a Christian, its not a works based thing. You have to have relationship with God and be serving him through those actions.
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by rastamouse: 4:45pm On Apr 18, 2012
bigd4050:

I can completely understand why you think that way, especially with rastamouse's inexcusably pathetic defenses.

I think of it like a parent to child relationship. The parent gave birth to the child, owns the house the child lives in, and so in turn everything in it. The parent lets the child run around and play and do what it wants, but if the child gets a toy, while the parent lets the child keep it, the child does not have the money to buy its own toy. Bill Gates has invented some great things, but his mind is given to him by God, the materials for making computers or discs with Microsoft Word on them are God's. He created everything so all things are his. Bill Gates still deserves his money, but he did not just bring Microsoft Word together out of thin air.

As far your argument against sickness, why is it bad that leprousy had no cure then? There was simply not the technology to find a cure before sceientists did. Jesus healed people of their leprousy in the Bible, if that is what you mean.

What is this funny guy saying? shocked
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by LogicMind: 4:47pm On Apr 18, 2012
rastamouse:

What is this funny guy saying? shocked

he's saying that your defenses are inexcusably pathetic
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by dare2think: 4:47pm On Apr 18, 2012
bigd4050:

When it comes to Christianity, only faith and repentance alone will bring you to God. If I brought world peace, ended famines and brought food to every single child, and stopped the human trafficking market, I would have done some very good things. But they have no relation to God because none of those acts were done for him or to further his kingdom.
Works alone will not save anyone, because everyone has sinned and that makes them worthy of Hell.

Dear Friend,

If doing these wonderful acts;

-Bringing world peace
-Ending famines
-feeding every child
-stopping human trafficking

have no relation to God, then one must wonder what kind of God you are serving!

I have always felt some sort of 'selfishness' with religious people! Its really sad.

One would have thought that they, 'religious folks', would be the most tolerant set of people. But alas, bigotry is the order of the day.

It either our way or hell/destruction! Since there are several hells including the islamic hell and the Christian hell, there seem to be no hope for humanity!

Every one is going to some sort of hell.
It's farcical and hilarious
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by rastamouse: 4:49pm On Apr 18, 2012
bigd4050:

Its not rubbish you are just disregarded what I told you. Hitler could have gone to heaven if he repented but, so could Ghandi. Hitler killed himself and went to Hell. Let's stick to reality, not the hypotheticals.

About Catholocism, perhaps your Catholic church did not praise Mary as God, but I know some do. Besides, who else in the Bible is called holy besides Christ? Praying to Mary for anything is wrong, she is not God.

And no, bringing world peace does not make you a Christian, its not a works based thing. You have to have relationship with God and be serving him through those actions.

Do you know that the Catholic Church is a universal church?
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by rastamouse: 4:52pm On Apr 18, 2012
Logic Mind:

he's saying that your defenses are inexcusably pathetic

grin grin grin grin grin Of course I saw that cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
It is best I leave him out of this. He is just ignorant and knows next to nothing about the things that he talk about.
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by logicboy: 4:52pm On Apr 18, 2012
rastamouse:

LOL...very funny...

I don't know why you are pressing to get gadgets into this argument. For your information, GOD never created leprosy (it is a condition like millions of other conditions). GOD healed leprosy (I mean advanced ones, not infant leprosy that you brag about), thousands of years ago and continues to do them this day.

You can be the world's richest person and still be a fool. How did the riches of the rich man end him (the story of Lazarus and the richman)? That is the problem with you atheist. You measure success with material things but the Bible state clearly that one can gain the whole world and lose the most important thing (the soul).

Which one will you want- a flashy moment on this earth or eternal peace?

1) Yes, according to you, Bill Gates is a fool. Bill Gates that is tackling malaria in Africa with science. A fool just because he doesnt accept your religion. Do you really feel righteous after calling Bill Gates a fool? You have never met him while he has helped your Continent.

2) You said "For your information, GOD never created leprosy".

So you are now saying that God didnt create leprosy? How did it come about? I though God created every natural thing? Leprosy is caused by a bacteria- aliving thing. Didnt God create animals and plants? God did not leave a cure for leprosy. God only cured lepers in the middle east and neglected thosein other parts of the world like a racist douchebag

3) Souls do not exist. If you can describe a soul as well as you can describe a table or a chair, then I would beleive
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by rastamouse: 4:55pm On Apr 18, 2012
dare2think:

Dear Friend,

If doing these wonderful acts;

-Bringing world peace
-Ending famines
-feeding every child
-stopping human trafficking

have no relation to God, then one must wonder what kind of God you are serving!

I have always felt some sort of 'selfishness' with religious people! Its really sad.

One would have thought that they, 'religious folks', would be the most tolerant set of people. But alas, bigotry is the order of the day.

It either our way or hell/destruction! Since there are several hells including the islamic hell and the Christian hell, there seem to be no hope for humanity!

Every one is going to some sort of hell.
It's farcical and hilarious

Why is this so difficult for you to understand? if you can stop human trafficking, bring world peace, end famine and feed every needy child, what will prevent you from accepting JESUS as your LORD and SAVIOR? It is not like making the decision will cost you anything
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by logicboy: 4:57pm On Apr 18, 2012
bigd4050:

At least, I can agree with you on certain issues.

However, the issue of hell is the most useless things about christianity. There are serial murderers and rapists in prison that are now living good lives in prison as they have repented. They even preach the gospel to fellow inmates. These murderers will go to heaven but Ghandi who lived like a saint will go to hell for dying as a hinduist? Come on, you have got tot be kidding me
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by logicboy: 5:01pm On Apr 18, 2012
rastamouse:

Why is this so difficult for you to understand? if you can stop human trafficking, bring world peace, end famine and feed every needy child, what will prevent you from accepting JESUS as your LORD and SAVIOR? It is not like making the decision will cost you anything

Use your brain. Bill Gates gives a lot to charity and is tackling the malaria problem in Africa but he still doesnt believe in christ.

You just keep failing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Muslim Woman Embarrassed Me For Eating With My Left Hand / (Photo)gospel Singer Sinach With Pastor Chris's Cute Daughters Pictured Together / Is Pool Betting A Sin Before God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.