Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,665 members, 7,844,188 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) (4375 Views)

Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo / Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? / The Wrath Of God: Discussion About Hell - Strictly Christians Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by rastamouse: 5:05pm On Apr 18, 2012
logicboy:

1) Yes, according to you, Bill Gates is a fool. Bill Gates that is tackling malaria in Africa with science. A fool just because he doesnt accept your religion. Do you really feel righteous after calling Bill Gates a fool? You have never met him while he has helped your Continent.

2) You said "For your information, GOD never created leprosy".

So you are now saying that God didnt create leprosy? How did it come about? I though God created every natural thing? Leprosy is caused by a bacteria- aliving thing. Didnt God create animals and plants? God did not leave a cure for leprosy. God only cured lepers in the middle east and neglected thosein other parts of the world like a racist douchebag

3) Souls do not exist. If you can describe a soul as well as you can describe a table or a chair, then I would beleive

grin grin grin grin grin @the bold...why do you give me this task? eii... tongue

On a serious note....

1. Why do you think this is about me. I am telling you that I am calling the guy what the Bible calls him and you don't seem to get it. If you think that because he supports Africa and that makes him superhuman, that is your believe but as far as I know, anyone who declares that there is no GOD is a FOOL.

2. I will say it again, GOD never created leprosy! Leprosy is a condition and like thousands of other conditions, it is brought about by several factors. Why that happens, I don't know but it is one of the things that I will ask GOD if I make it to HEAVEN someday cool

3. You know that is impossible. If I can't convince you on something as obvious as you were created, how then can I describe a soul to you!
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by rastamouse: 5:10pm On Apr 18, 2012
logicboy:

Use your brain. Bill Gates gives a lot to charity and is tackling the malaria problem in Africa but he still doesnt believe in christ.

You just keep failing

That my friend is called works and they do not gaurantee Heaven. What guarantees going to Heaven is believing in JESUS and HIS sacrifice to the world. Can we move on? I have been repeating myself too much grin
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by bigd4050: 5:11pm On Apr 18, 2012
dare2think:

Dear Friend,

If doing these wonderful acts;

-Bringing world peace
-Ending famines
-feeding every child
-stopping human trafficking

have no relation to God, then one must wonder what kind of God you are serving!

I have always felt some sort of 'selfishness' with religious people! Its really sad.

One would have thought that they, 'religious folks', would be the most tolerant set of people. But alas, bigotry is the order of the day.

It either our way or hell/destruction! Since there are several hells including the islamic hell and the Christian hell, there seem to be no hope for humanity!

Every one is going to some sort of hell.
It's farcical and hilarious

Actually, that's wrong. It's not our way. It's God way. No Christian will tell you otherwise. Don't twist my words. You can have a deep deep care for people, and want to help them all. If you aren't doing it for God, it doesn't matter. For the third time, WORKS DO NOT SAVE YOU. Why would God let someone into heaven who never thinks about him, does anything in his name, just helps make earth better? God would be like I didn't know you, and you didn't know me. That's why relationship is important.
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by bigd4050: 5:12pm On Apr 18, 2012
logicboy:

At least, I can agree with you on certain issues.

However, the issue of hell is the most useless things about christianity. There are serial murderers and rapists in prison that are now living good lives in prison as they have repented. They even preach the gospel to fellow inmates. These murderers will go to heaven but Ghandi who lived like a saint will go to hell for dying as a hinduist? Come on, you have got tot be kidding me

Read my above response to dare2think.
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by logicboy: 5:16pm On Apr 18, 2012
rastamouse:

grin grin grin grin grin @the bold...why do you give me this task? eii... tongue

On a serious note....

1. Why do you think this is about me. I am telling you that I am calling the guy what the Bible calls him and you don't seem to get it. If you think that because he supports Africa and that makes him superhuman, that is your believe but as far as I know, anyone who declares that there is no GOD is a FOOL.

2. I will say it again, GOD never created leprosy! Leprosy is a condition and like thousands of other conditions, it is brought about by several factors. Why that happens, I don't know but it is one of the things that I will ask GOD if I make it to HEAVEN someday cool

3. You know that is impossible. If I can't convince you on something as obvious as you were created, how then can I describe a soul to you!

God didnt create leprosy? Leprosy is caused by bacteria. Bacteria are plants. God did not create plants? Epic failure by Rastamouse!

But the smartest people in the world- accredited scientists majorly do not believe in God, are they fools?
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by logicboy: 5:19pm On Apr 18, 2012
bigd4050:

Actually, that's wrong. It's not our way. It's God way. No Christian will tell you otherwise. Don't twist my words. You can have a deep deep care for people, and want to help them all. If you aren't doing it for God, it doesn't matter. For the third time, WORKS DO NOT SAVE YOU. Why would God let someone into heaven who never thinks about him, does anything in his name, just helps make earth better? God would be like I didn't know you, and you didn't know me. That's why relationship is important.

Wow. How does that make sense? If you see a guy that you dont know helping your child today, will you say that you dont know him the next day? Is it not Jesus that said that if you help the poor you help him? Why would God reject someone that helped his children and accept someone who did not help but only had faith?
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by bigd4050: 5:21pm On Apr 18, 2012
logicboy:

God didnt create leprosy? Leprosy is caused by bacteria. Bacteria are plants. God did not create plants? Epic failure by Rastamouse!

But the smartest people in the world- accredited scientists majorly do not believe in God, are they fools?

I agree Rastamouse is epic failure, but God didn't directly create it. Someone who makes propane tanks does not directly create a fire when one explodes. God created the plants, but because of sin, Christians believe that everything is tainted. In a perfect world before sin, leprousy did not exist.

And I won't say they are fools, I like to show more respect and our good friend Rastamouse still needs to learn that. The Bible does call them fools, but no need to blast all atheists like that. The won't be saved, because they don't believe in God. They are the smartest people, very intelligent, but if they end up in Hell, what good is their intelligence?
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by ea7(m): 5:22pm On Apr 18, 2012
logicboy:

Um, logicdude, plants=kingdom plantae, bacteria=kingom monera. Poin os still relevant though.
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by rastamouse: 5:25pm On Apr 18, 2012
bigd4050:

I agree Rastamouse is epic failure, but God didn't directly create it. Someone who makes propane tanks does not directly create a fire when one explodes. God created the plants, but because of sin, Christians believe that everything is tainted. In a perfect world before sin, leprousy did not exist.

And I won't say they are fools, I like to show more respect and our good friend Rastamouse still needs to learn that. The Bible does call them fools, but no need to blast all atheists like that. The won't be saved, because they don't believe in God. They are the smartest people, very intelligent, but if they end up in Hell, what good is their intelligence?

This guy is really pathetic cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by logicboy: 5:27pm On Apr 18, 2012
ea7: Um, logicdude, plants=kingdom plantae, bacteria=kingom monera. Poin os still relevant though.

Calm down....under the two kingdom classification, they are plants. I was speaking generally. You are correct thoug
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by logicboy: 5:29pm On Apr 18, 2012
rastamouse:

At least, he has the respect of not calling me a fool while preaching his religion to me.

You, on the other hand are a cowardly hypocrite, who calls people fools on the internet and then denies it.
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by bigd4050: 5:29pm On Apr 18, 2012
rastamouse:

You can repeat things that I've said about you...good job. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley wink wink wink cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Enough smileys for you? You seem to like them.
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by rastamouse: 5:29pm On Apr 18, 2012
ea7: Um, logicdude, plants=kingdom plantae, bacteria=kingom monera. Poin os still relevant though.

grin
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by bigd4050: 5:32pm On Apr 18, 2012
rastamouse:

grin

How is this a beneficial response to further any kind of conversation or debate?
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by dare2think: 5:41pm On Apr 18, 2012
rastamouse:

Why is this so difficult for you to understand? if you can stop human trafficking, bring world peace, end famine and feed every needy child, what will prevent you from accepting JESUS as your LORD and SAVIOR? It is not like making the decision will cost you anything

Individual choice!!!!

No muslim is forcing you to accept Muhammed and threatening you with hell if you don't accept their ways!

And if they are, you must see them as a joke and feel confident with the religion of your choice!

Why then are you holding that very same position and holding those with different mind-sets to the ransom of 'hell'?
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by dare2think: 5:43pm On Apr 18, 2012
logicboy:

Wow. How does that make sense? If you see a guy that you dont know helping your child today, will you say that you dont know him the next day? Is it not Jesus that said that if you help the poor you help him? Why would God reject someone that helped his children and accept someone who did not help but only had faith?

Big4050,

Do you have any explanation for the above?

Since you guys seem to know what is on God's mind, and seem to have the list of who goes to hell or not.

Thank you.
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by bigd4050: 5:44pm On Apr 18, 2012
dare2think:

Individual choice!!!!

No muslim is forcing you to accept Muhammed and threatening you with hell if you don't accept their ways!

And if they are, you must see them as a joke and feel confident with the religion of your choice!

Why then are you holding that very same position and holding those with different mind-set to the ransom of 'hell'?

Actually, that is a lie. The world trade centers were bombed becuase Muslim's don't like the "American Infidels." They may not threaten us will Hell, but they sure do threaten us.

But I agree that he does need to rethink some of his points.
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by bigd4050: 5:45pm On Apr 18, 2012
dare2think:

Big4050,

Do you have any explanation for the above?

Since you guys seem to know what is on God's mind, and seem to have the list of who goes to hell or not.

Thank you.

I would say he did something good, but that I have no relationship to him or know him at all. God is not indebted to anyone, and doesn't need to thank anyone. He expects our hearts. Using that example through humans to put God in a box doesn't work.
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by dare2think: 5:46pm On Apr 18, 2012
^^^^^

What exactly is the lie?

That Muslims dont threaten Christians with hell?

Serious?
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by dare2think: 5:49pm On Apr 18, 2012
Ok Big4050,

Is everyone except for Christians going to hell?

Even those in which Christianity is not predominant in their respective vicinity?
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by bigd4050: 5:51pm On Apr 18, 2012
dare2think: Ok Big4050,

Is everyone except for Christians going to hell?

Even those in which Christianity is not predominant in their respective vicinity?

Um, yes. Do you know anything about Christianity? Only those who love God and repent of their sin go to heaven. I.E. Christians.
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by dare2think: 6:12pm On Apr 18, 2012
bigd4050:

Um, yes. Do you know anything about Christianity? Only those who love God and repent of their sin go to heaven. I.E. Christians.

Lol, so 'Only those who love God and repent of their sin go to heaven' = Christians ?

Muslim, atheist, sikhs, buddhist and all those who don't subscribe to your 'choice' of religion are not going to heaven?

You accord and accredit your 'choice', but dis-regard the choices of others!!

See why I called religious people selfish in my earlier post?
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by Nobody: 6:14pm On Apr 18, 2012
@ rastamouse and bigd
Would the Good Samaritan make heaven? Why did Jesus commend not condemn Him?
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by logicboy: 6:34pm On Apr 18, 2012
bigd4050:

I would say he did something good, but that I have no relationship to him or know him at all. God is not indebted to anyone, and doesn't need to thank anyone. He expects our hearts. Using that example through humans to put God in a box doesn't work.

If God does not need your good works, why does he need your faith? As an adult do you want a a follow follow (ass-kisser or a faithful person) or a person that would do the job for you.

You fail.
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by rastamouse: 7:09pm On Apr 18, 2012
musKeeto: @ rastamouse and bigd
Would the Good Samaritan make heaven? Why did Jesus commend not condemn Him?

LOL...JESUS used the Good Samaritan to teach us how to love other people unconditionally. That is just one of the many things that you will have to do in order to go to HEAVEN. Going to HEAVEN is not just about doing one thing right. In everything we do however, we must know that the basic need of every Christian should be "Believe in JESUS and HIS death for mankind"
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by bigd4050: 11:05pm On Apr 18, 2012
logicboy:

If God does not need your good works, why does he need your faith? As an adult do you want a a follow follow (ass-kisser or a faithful person) or a person that would do the job for you.

You fail.

He doesn't need our faith. He extends the opportunity to us to accept that grace that he freely gives. It doesn't benefit him in any way, it is merely for our sake.

Don't tell me I fail when you haven't proven a point. For that reason, You fail.
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by Nobody: 3:48am On Apr 19, 2012
rastamouse:

LOL...JESUS used the Good Samaritan to teach us how to love other people unconditionally. That is just one of the many things that you will have to do in order to go to HEAVEN. Going to HEAVEN is not just about doing one thing right. In everything we do however, we must know that the basic need of every Christian should be "Believe in JESUS and HIS death for mankind"
But you didn't answer my question. We all know the lessons to be taken from the parable. I simply ask: did the GOOD Samaritan make heaven?
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by bigd4050: 5:58am On Apr 19, 2012
musKeeto:
But you didn't answer my question. We all know the lessons to be taken from the parable. I simply ask: did the GOOD Samaritan make heaven?

The good Samaritan did not exist. He was a figment of imagination, from a parable that Christ told. He cannot go to heaven because he wasn't real.
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 19, 2012
Please let's not argue over semantics. Real or not, the Good Samaritan was a representation of one who wasn't a partaker fo the law was commended by Jesus based on his actions. IF doing good is not a priority, but making heaven is, wouldnt Jesus have said so? Isn't it written in your Bible that true religion is taking care of orphans and widows?

The idea that Nigerian Christians will be in heaven scares me.. haters of everyone who does not believe in what they believe, very selfish (listen to their prayers and testimonies), noisemakers...
Then they benefit from good and say the maker is going to hell.... lmao..

Why didnt God raise up people to make iphines, gadgets, medicjne, technology so we'd have a choice?
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by numo86(m): 7:43am On Apr 19, 2012
@logicboy..
So u'v had d witnesses comiÑ to Ùr door telling facts and promisÉs frm d bible anÐ u still think its all a joke?
U want God to come down himself rightu want God to condescend to ur ignorance and beg u??
God won't.....he has sent his messangers and they r everywhere,even right @ ur door.....
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by bigd4050: 7:46am On Apr 19, 2012
musKeeto: Please let's not argue over semantics. Real or not, the Good Samaritan was a representation of one who wasn't a partaker fo the law was commended by Jesus based on his actions. IF doing good is not a priority, but making heaven is, wouldnt Jesus have said so? Isn't it written in your Bible that true religion is taking care of orphans and widows?

The idea that Nigerian Christians will be in heaven scares me.. haters of everyone who does not believe in what they believe, very selfish (listen to their prayers and testimonies), noisemakers...
Then they benefit from good and say the maker is going to hell.... lmao..

Why didnt God raise up people to make iphines, gadgets, medicjne, technology so we'd have a choice?

What is a Nigerian Christian? I'm from America. Is Nigerian a denomination?

And I'll say that the good Samaritan is not going to heaven. The only way you get to heaven is by repenting of sins and relationship with God, not through good works. However, since he is a figment of our imagination, we have no idea whether or not he did believe in God, or just did a good act.

Good acts =/= salvation or we would be able to save ourselves.
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by logicboy: 7:49am On Apr 19, 2012
bigd4050:

What is a Nigerian Christian? I'm from America. Is Nigerian a denomination?

And I'll say that the good Samaritan is not going to heaven. The only way you get to heaven is by repenting of sins and relationship with God, not through good works. However, since he is a figment of our imagination, we have no idea whether or not he did believe in God, or just did a good act.

Good acts =/= salvation or we would be able to save ourselves.

The good samaritan that Jesus praised is not going to heaven?

Chritianity has just been destroyed!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Order Of Melchizedek / A Muslim Woman Embarrassed Me For Eating With My Left Hand / Names Of God In Different Languages. Help Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.