Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,857 members, 7,844,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) (4378 Views)

Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo / Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? / The Wrath Of God: Discussion About Hell - Strictly Christians Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by bigd4050: 7:53am On Apr 19, 2012
logicboy:

The good samaritan that Jesus praised is not going to heaven?

Chritianity has just been destroyed!!!!!

Praising someone on a good work they do does not mean they are going to heaven. You act like people deserve heaven, it is a gift from God, not something we should just expect.

Besides, the point of the parable is that we should treat our neighbors well. He uses the good samaritin because they and the jews hated each other since old testament times. The point was to show that we should treat even those that we hate with respect and care for them if they need it. It really had nothing to do with heaven or hell.
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by logicboy: 7:55am On Apr 19, 2012
bigd4050:

Praising someone on a good work they do does not mean they are going to heaven. You act like people deserve heaven, it is a gift from God, not something we should just expect.

Besides, the point of the parable is that we should treat our neighbors well. He uses the good samaritin because they and the jews hated each other since old testament times. The point was to show that we should treat even those that we hate with respect and care for them if they need it. It really had nothing to do with heaven or hell.

If, heaven is a gift, why does hell have to be the consequence of rejecting a gift? A gift should be simply accepted or rejected without consequence
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by bigd4050: 7:59am On Apr 19, 2012
logicboy:

If, heaven is a gift, why does hell have to be the consequence of rejecting a gift? A gift should be simply accepted or rejected without consequence

Because to not accept the gift is to accept Hell. You can only live in one or the other.
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by logicboy: 8:07am On Apr 19, 2012
bigd4050:

Because to not accept the gift is to accept Hell. You can only live in one or the other.

What about purgatory? Limbo?
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by bigd4050: 8:13am On Apr 19, 2012
logicboy:

What about purgatory? Limbo?

Well not sure about limbo but I think thats where your stuck there forever right? I'm not sure.

As far as purgatory, you rejected heaven anyway. Once your "sins are paid" where are you going to go? Not heaven, its rejected by that person!

Either way, since we are discussing Christian views, neither of these really apply.
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by Ngwakwe: 11:14am On Apr 19, 2012
Logic Mind: ask seun for a christian only section.
if you are really serious about getting one, threaten him like the muslims did.

or better still, quit nairaland 'cos we're here to stay!

@Logic Mind
Having thoroughly under-studied and typically analyzed your views, I can confidently put it to you that:

1. You have a Christian parents
2. Your found out that your preachers were hypocrites
3. You understood that faith and reasoning should go together against just believe
4. You believe that Conviction (belief) should be periodically tested as to invalidate it or reconfirm it.
5. You are rigid in religious interpretations, meaning an assertion or proclamation should have a definite meaning and not vague or ambiguious.
6. You hate hypocrisy
7. Your IQ is above average and you like challenging the status quo ante
8. You accept the truth when convince but not openly.

My friend you are not an Atheist as you claim but a Prodigal son that his anticipated welcome will be highly celebrated.

You are definitely the type to lead the Church of Jesus Christ in this perverted generation. I look forward to welcoming you. You are almost my type
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by LogicMind: 11:22am On Apr 19, 2012
Ngwakwe:

@Logic Mind
Having thoroughly under-studied and typically analyzed your views, I can confidently put it to you that:

3. You understood that faith and reasoning should go together against just believe
4. You believe that Conviction (belief) should be periodically tested as to invalidate it or reconfirm it.
5. You are rigid in religious interpretations, meaning an assertion or proclamation should have a definite meaning and not vague or ambiguious.
6. You hate hypocrisy

My friend you are not an Atheist as you claim but a Prodigal son that his anticipated welcome will be highly celebrated.

You are definitely the type to lead the Church of Jesus Christ in this perverted generation. I look forward to welcoming you. You are almost my type

Wow. Am I that transparent? I have to be very careful here or next you'll be telling me my credit card number and date of birth of my next child.
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by brainpulse: 1:52pm On Apr 19, 2012
Logicmind

Have you seen death before( because all things must be seen before i believe), feel death before, talked to death before, analysed death, empiricalized death.Why do you believe you will die? Is it because some people are dying?( then you must be crazy, death its not real). Do death tell people "he or she or it" is coming? What is the Age of death? Does he,she or it evolve? (because all things must evolve). What principle does death operates on? What is the temperature of death? where does he, she or it stays? what does he, she or it eat? Do he, she or it have a family? what is the population of death"s" ( because he, she or it can't be the only one during all the work)? Will death die? Who gave birth to death?

Pls every question must have an answer.
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by LogicMind: 2:05pm On Apr 19, 2012
brainpulse: Logicmind

Have you seen death before( because all things must be seen before i believe), feel death before, talked to death before, analysed death, empiricalized death.Why do you believe you will die? Is it because some people are dying?( then you must be crazy, death its not real). Do death tell people "he or she or it" is coming? What is the Age of death? Does he,she or it evolve? (because all things must evolve). What principle does death operates on? What is the temperature of death? where does he, she or it stays? what does he, she or it eat? Do he, she or it have a family? what is the population of death"s" ( because he, she or it can't be the only one during all the work)? Will death die? Who gave birth to death?

Pls every question must have an answer.

death is an abstract noun which is derived from the verb, to die. when you understand this basic grammar, you'll know that answering your question would be an exercise in futility.
most theist, to justify their gods, ask atheist why they believe in abstract unseen, untouchable things like love, hate, death etc, but don't believe in god. Except if you are saying that your god is an abstrat one, then these comparisons are useless.
try harder.
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by brainpulse: 3:39pm On Apr 19, 2012
You have not answered the question you are just chickening out of the question
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 19, 2012
brainpulse: You have not answered the question you are just chickening out of the question
Replace death with 'love' and see how foolish and unaswerable your question is..
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by bigd4050: 5:41am On Apr 20, 2012
Logic Mind:

Wow. Am I that transparent? I have to be very careful here or next you'll be telling me my credit card number and date of birth of my next child.

LOL. I am a Christian but the person that said this to you is ridiculous. That was probably the most obnoxious thing I have ever heard before.
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by ea7(m): 10:53am On Apr 20, 2012
Ngwakwe:

@Logic Mind

6. You hate hypocrisy

charles xavier how did you come back to life?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Truth About Atheists / EXPLANATION :BIBLE STORIES THAT DON'T ADD UP / Names Of God In Different Languages. Help Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.