Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,916 members, 7,817,687 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads (6943 Views)

SEUN You Have Gone Back To Your Old Ways! / Seun You Might As Well Deactivate My Accounts. But Listen To Truth / Seun, You Are A Coward ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by Nobody: 4:57am On Apr 18, 2012
Why is their no more adsense ads on nairaland? Are you making enough from the custom search? Or is it my browser blocking them or not? Or is your Adsense account cancelled.
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by Nairaplus(m): 6:40am On Apr 18, 2012
oluwa12002: Why is their no more adsense ads on nairaland? Are u making enough from the custom search. Or is it my browser blocking them or not? Or is your adsense account cancelled.

Well, I only noticed the disappearance of the mobile website ads. Never really noticed it was global. Well, Seun knows better.
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by Afam4eva(m): 8:03am On Apr 18, 2012
I think he was banned by google and he's still trying to resolve it. Google are too stern in their rules.
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by consultmartins(m): 8:25am On Apr 18, 2012
afam4eva: I think he was banned by google and he's still trying to resolve it. Google are too stern in their rules.
I thought as much too. Maybe he stepped on Google's toe while restructuring Nairaland. I think it's high time Seun Opens up Nairaland for direct private advertisers. Just my 2cents.
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by Afam4eva(m): 8:28am On Apr 18, 2012
consultmartins: I thought as much too. Maybe he stepped on Google's toe while restructuring Nairaland. I think it's high time Seun Opens up Nairaland for direct private advertisers. Just my 2cents.

It's not because of the restructuring but about the content. There are so many hateful and sexxual contents on nairaland and google does not condone that.
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by Seun(m): 4:37pm On Apr 18, 2012
This time the ban was about hacking content.
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by ONLINEbizDON4U(m): 10:38pm On Apr 18, 2012
Seun: This time the ban was about hacking content.

Sorry O Mr Seun Osewa and what is google now saying abou that but it wasn't you that posted it now............
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by 401k: 1:33am On Apr 19, 2012

Care to explain?
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by Nairaplus(m): 6:47am On Apr 19, 2012
I'm so sorry to hear that. Did Google explicitly tell you the ban was solely cos of Hacking Content? If not, I think you should check their updated Ad.sense policy. I've come to notice that Google doesn't care? Whoever breaks a bit of that policy is their enemy.
Second, it's high time to consider other Nairaland Potentials. You know, spectators in a game see all the overlooked opportunities, better than the players, because they aren't attached to the game at all. I use ad.sense on my site, but I don't make it my only option.
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by duzz: 8:33am On Apr 19, 2012
why not change from add sense to bing or yahoo
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by folafola(m): 8:55am On Apr 19, 2012
My candid advice is that Nairaland can croose in more money if turned to a membership site like warrior forum, Seun, see light at the end of the tunnel, in any way it saddens me to hear this at another side it send a cold shiver across my spine bocause we are threading the path of nairaland in making money with adsense,it is high time I apply other alternatives to Adsense, I hope Ogbongeblog is equally reading this
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by duzz: 9:23am On Apr 19, 2012
http://chitika.com/
http://www.adbrite.com/

you can try any of the two although I doubt the will bring in more money than ad sense but at list you will be making money and also try do redesign the site to allow you own add service so that marketer like us can buy add rate direct from you instead of third part add system which is unreliable at best

1 Like

Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by Nobody: 9:56am On Apr 19, 2012
Sell ad spaces yourself, I wonder how you are paying for hosting! You need money to pay for that though
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by naijapay: 12:19am On Apr 20, 2012
@ Seun

In the 'temporary absence' of google ads, perhaps you'd like to consider nairalanders (Private advertising) who want to advertise their biz. We might not pay you as much as google ads but you'll still earn good money promoting proper Naija business jooo! Can be packaged as forum/section/thread sponsorship. Many global forums combine this option with google ads. I have seen some forums utilize the empty space to the right of all posts for advertising too!

Sorry about your 'google plight' though!

PS. I noticed you/moderator 'hid' my advertising threads and gave no response when I emailed, so I excluded you from our google placements! wink wink Yez! tongue
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by Nobody: 1:49am On Apr 20, 2012
sell advert space seun
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by kaysy(m): 7:07am On Apr 20, 2012
duzz: http://chitika.com/
http://www.adbrite.com/

you can try any of the two although I doubt the will bring in more money than ad sense but at list you will be making money and also try do redesign the site to allow you own add service so that marketer like us can buy add rate direct from you instead of third part add system which is unreliable at best
Seconded
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by flexgee: 9:49am On Apr 20, 2012
Seun does NOT listen. He's scared of advertising Ad spaces directly on his site. I sorry for you. People are ready to pay good money to advertise on your site For God's sake sell ad space using Adbutler.com Ad serving. Haven't you never been told NOT to rely on only one source of income on your site?

Google has banned you. Good for you! 'cos you don't listen.

SEUN, SELL ADS ON YOUR SITE DIRECTLY USING ADBUTLER!!!!
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by flexgee: 9:51am On Apr 20, 2012
BY THE WAY SEUN, IF GOOGLE BLACKLISTS YOUR SITE, YOU ARE DONE FOR, COS NAIRALAND WILL BE BANNED BY ADSENSE FOR LIFE!!!
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by mkmyers45(m): 1:27pm On Apr 20, 2012

Can you elaborate? I hope you are working on alternatives?
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by ONLINEbizDON4U(m): 2:59pm On Apr 20, 2012
oluwa12002: Why is their no more adsense ads on nairaland? Are you making enough from the custom search? Or is it my browser blocking them or not? Or is your Adsense account cancelled.

Good ones here and we are also talking about GOOGLE ADSENSE here at

https://www.nairaland.com/919177/what-secret-making-money-online

Kindly help us to help this thread as I know that this thread is loaded with google Adsense experts with hot experiences.
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by JideTheBlogger(m): 3:42pm On Apr 20, 2012
folafola: My candid advice is that Nairaland can croose in more money if turned to a membership site like warrior forum, Seun, see light at the end of the tunnel, in any way it saddens me to hear this at another side it send a cold shiver across my spine bocause we are threading the path of nairaland in making money with adsense,it is high time I apply other alternatives to Adsense, I hope Ogbongeblog is equally reading this

I am reading ooooooo.....

1 Like

Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by utimatedes(m): 6:33pm On Apr 20, 2012
Hmmm! Have been doubting about Nairaland being banned until I saw this today. I can imagine how much Seun will be loosing.

I told Seun about this that anything can happen.
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by utimatedes(m): 6:38pm On Apr 20, 2012
Seun, the question am going to ask you is that, where you banned or ads serving to Nairaland.com was disabled. If ads serving to nairaland was disabled, that means all hope is not lost and you can still get back by removing all the hacking posts and getting back to them to confirm and re-enable.
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by LibertyReserve(m): 12:24am On Apr 21, 2012
This man is jez stubborn
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by LibertyReserve(m): 12:26am On Apr 21, 2012
We shouldn't be concerned , he knows how to run his business
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by Seun(m): 12:34am On Apr 21, 2012
I spent the 24 hours after getting that notice removing all links similar to the ones complained about, then I contacted Google twice and till this moment I'm yet to get any sort of response. After a while I got fed up and faced other important issues.
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by Afam4eva(m): 12:37am On Apr 21, 2012
Seun: I spent the 24 hours after getting that notice removing all links similar to the ones complained about, then I contacted Google twice and till this moment I'm yet to get any sort of response. After a while I got fed up and faced other important issues.
Seun, abeg, look elsewhere. Google is not the Alpha and Omega. You have to upgrade and start getting ads directly from businesses instead of relying on google. You'll make more money advertising directly to customers.

1 Like

Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by duzz: 9:31am On Apr 21, 2012
I think the reason he can not allow direct paid add is because he is using out of the box forum script software to host nairaland.com and without having source code if not I see no reason why you will rely only in ad-sense that can barely generate $4k a month when you can make more than that in direct add, if that is the case, simple higher a software designer from http://www.freelancer.com/ to help you enable direct add on your site because if ad sense barns you now the can still do it again in the future and you can not run a business be relying on s single source of income

1 Like

Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by tayoccu(m): 10:25am On Apr 21, 2012
Mr Seun,
You have a website most Nigerian businesses will gladly advertise on, yet you are limiting urself to google ad sense?
Dude wake up!
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by Frosti(m): 10:45am On Apr 21, 2012
Seun, why not allow private ads from businesses? This should be easy for you to implement.

(1) (2) (Reply)

European Used LPG GAS Truck And Semi Trailers / Is It Really True That I Look Hausa (pictures) / How To Recharge Phone From Your Bank Account. (all Banks)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.