Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads (6942 Views)

SEUN You Have Gone Back To Your Old Ways! / Seun You Might As Well Deactivate My Accounts. But Listen To Truth / Seun, You Are A Coward ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by 401k: 11:16am On Apr 21, 2012
The best you can do is to beg for google's reacceptance. Adbrite and other networks won't pay you as much since most of their ads are not targeted towards Nigerians, and this forum is mostly used by nigerians. Even if you sell adspace to nigerian businesses to advertise, you won't earn much compared to the amount you recieve from google. Nigerian traffic is not worth anything at the moment. Bidvertiser is your closest option.
Google has the right to suspend your account if they find inappropriate content on your site, its part of their agreement. Your mods have to step up, I really don't know how much you pay them but it seems they're a bit too laxed in their duties.

1 Like

Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by Sprumbaba: 11:45pm On Apr 21, 2012
I am not sorry for him. He was banned has he used to ban some websites name being posted on Nairaland. Imagine making some Nigeria websites a forbidden words on Nairaland.
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by lazeal: 8:00am On Apr 22, 2012
Thank you for speaking my mind and God will bless you for speaking the truth. You wont believe I said something similar under a different name and the mods dis-abled my posting previledge.

They didn't ban me but I couldn't reply to comments any more.

People are hating google but they fail to understand that google team gets their daily bread from this as well. If the system become so bad, they will lost money. I can't say more than this.
401k: The best you can do is to beg for google's reacceptance. Adbrite and other networks won't pay you as much since most of their ads are not targeted towards Nigerians, and this forum is mostly used by nigerians. Even if you sell adspace to nigerian businesses to advertise, you won't earn much compared to the amount you recieve from google. Nigerian traffic is not worth anything at the moment. Bidvertiser is your closest option.
Google has the right to suspend your account if they find inappropriate content on your site, its part of their agreement. Your mods have to step up, I really don't know how much you pay them but it seems they're a bit too laxed in their duties.
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by lazeal: 8:03am On Apr 22, 2012
Sprumbaba: I am not sorry for him. He was banned has he used to ban some websites name being posted on Nairaland. Imagine making some Nigeria websites a forbidden words on Nairaland.
and what is your point exactly?
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by chidi500(m): 9:10am On Apr 22, 2012
Google is not the Alpha and Omega. You have to upgrade and start getting ads directly from businesses instead of relying on Google.Google will soon close because of their arrogant policy

1 Like

Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by NSNA: 10:04am On Apr 22, 2012
When i had this same issue with google, I turned to private ads and started making good money.

by the way, Nairaland looks very clean without the google ads.
You can add a donate button via Paypal.
afteral this community is an information portal like Wikipedia

1 Like

Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by Sprumbaba: 11:27am On Apr 22, 2012
lazeal:
and what is your point exactly?

I mean Seun banned some other Nigerian forums name on this nairaland by making their name a forbidden word. If you type out their name, it will disappear.
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by abhosts(m): 9:19pm On Apr 22, 2012
No serious enterprise should rely solely on Google for revenue; Adsense should be an alternative.
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by chei: 11:07pm On Apr 22, 2012
abhosts: No serious enterprise should rely solely on Google for revenue; Adsense should be an alternative.

Nairaland is not an enterprise.
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by tayoccu(m): 4:30am On Apr 23, 2012
chei:

Nairaland is not an enterprise.

Really?
So what is it?
A charitable organization?
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by brainchild78(m): 8:02am On Apr 23, 2012
I totally agree that he must be loosing money from ads and I strongly recommend that he sells ad space to private businesses on this site. This will enable him to realise alot more than the google adsense scheme that pays peanuts. Seun could potentially be the Zuckerberge of Nigeria if he sharpens up.
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by chrishenzo: 9:33am On Apr 23, 2012
Simply advice to Seun, allow individual business to advice their websites, services, etc on the site. Since you get more than 100,000 page view in a day, you can charge 50kobo or 1naira per impression. Or you can even charge 5naira per click.

The only problem with this is that when you or your workers visit the site, someone has to pay. So since you are in Nigeria, I would have advise you not to charge the advertiser when someone from Nigeria visited the site or click on the ads but since 70-80 percent of your visitors are from Nigeria, I wonder what you will earn.

I have implemented this same technique on www.chrisvicmall.com where sellers can advertise their products to appear on the front page or on top of search results any time someone visits or search a product similar to what the product they are advertising.

Hope you rectify your problem with google soon or you should decide to move ahead.

1 Like

Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by felucci(m): 11:49am On Apr 23, 2012
Guess Google is banning a couple of big Nigerian publishers recently and for Nairaland, it may somehow be linked to your site restructuring. I believe Seun can do with or without Google. But all hope is not lost, remember Digitalpoint forum was once banned by Adsense and later reactivated. Google needs Nairaland the same way Nairaland needs Google. Perhaps this is an eye opener actually. Seun, I think it's time to diversify Nairalan's revenue source and not give monopoly to Google.

1 Like

Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by folafola(m): 8:39am On Apr 24, 2012
Thank God Adsense is up and running on Nairaland once again, I am happy for Seun

1 Like

Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by Seun(m): 9:48am On Apr 24, 2012
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by ibietela2(m): 9:04am On Nov 04, 2012
Yeah direct ads are good income... You can also combine it with www.infolinks.com no extra space needed. Its an intext ads network. I use on my site
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by LoveKing(m): 8:40pm On Jan 07, 2013
NSNA: When i had this same issue with google, I turned to private ads and started making good money.

by the way, Nairaland looks very clean without the google ads.
You can add a donate button via Paypal.
afteral this community is an information portal like Wikipedia

i doubt that.

1 Like

Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by marvelousy(m): 9:44pm On Jun 23, 2013
oluwa12002: Why is their no more adsense ads on nairaland? Are you making enough from the custom search? Or is it my browser blocking them or not? Or is your Adsense account cancelled.
lets watch out for the next action.
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by marvelousy(m): 9:46pm On Jun 23, 2013
Let's watch out for the next action.
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by folafola(m): 9:29pm On Oct 09, 2013
has Seun not resolved this Adsense issue? it is dragging too long
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by Seun(m): 11:51am On Oct 10, 2013
folafola: has Seun not resolved this Adsense issue? it is dragging too long
We're currently testing our new ad system, which is awesome. Apologies for the delay.
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by HuJJC(m): 8:16am On Oct 22, 2013
Hmm.. Seun, Lets partner ( Like i asked you before Google Sense Disabled your account) ( NAIRALIKES X NAIRALAND)
You need to partner with many sites in Nigeria to reach out promoting them to promote you. The great social networks did it...
( Twitter<-> facebook) etc.. They know the power of networking(Not selfish). Nairaland can't do it alone in Nigeria. Nigeria is a rich and big country , eventually another site will kick Nairaland out if you don't take time. You can promote/advertise, share/exchange banners etc help poor sites grow and them helping you to grow. It is a win-win situation. But you refused.. if you continue to do it solely, you will not make that money you deserve from Nairaland..It is not all about money( You told me you make enough but i dont see it).
Thanks.
Admin
NAIRALIKES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8s5WxatTMM
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by kenyarttar: 6:29am On Oct 23, 2013
*Hu_JJC?:
Hmm.. Seun, Lets partner ( Like i asked you before Google Sense Disabled your account) ( NAIRALIKES X NAIRALAND)
You need to partner with many sites in Nigeria to reach out promoting them to promote you. The great social networks did it...
( Twitter<-> facebook) etc.. They know the power of networking(Not selfish). Nairaland can't do it alone in Nigeria. Nigeria is a rich and big country , eventually another site will kick Nairaland out if you don't take time. You can promote/advertise, share/exchange banners etc help poor sites grow and them helping you to grow. It is a win-win situation. But you refused.. if you continue to do it solely, you will not make that money you deserve from Nairaland..It is not all about money( You told me you make enough but i dont see it).
Thanks.
Admin
NAIRALIKES

Did adsense actually disable Nairaland? Wow! Thought it was just trying to take the bulls by the horns?
Re: Seun: You Must be Losing Money from Ads by larryshow4(m): 7:59am On Oct 25, 2013
*Hu_JJC?:
Thanks.
Admin
NAIRALIKES

You should work more on your website and make it more eye catching and organized and not everything looking like some practicing sites for learners.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Transportation From Ajah To Ikeja / Is It Really True That I Look Hausa (pictures) / How To Recharge Phone From Your Bank Account. (all Banks)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.