Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,802 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US (10801 Views)

Kachikwu Ibe In Abu Dhabi For UAE Energy Forum / Tony Blair At The Nigerian Governor's Forum In Abuja - Photos / Nigerian,24,to Address World Energy Forum In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by 13volts(m): 2:02pm On Apr 20, 2012
A 24-year-old graduate from Zamfara State,
Muhammad Usman, would present a paper at the
2012 session of the World Renewable Energy Forum
(WREF) scheduled for May 13 -17, in Denver,
Colorado, United States. Usman’s paper is entiled “Rural Solar Electrification-Renewable Energy Potential and Distribution for Development in Nigeria.” He is a 2010 Economics graduate from Ahmadu Bello
University, Zaria and Programme Officer at the Gusau-based Centre for Energy and Environment in Zamfara State.
The objective of Usman’s presentation, according to a
statement posted at the WREF’s website, “will highlight the abundance of solar energy in Nigeria and its usage in local areas, especially remote corners of the country,” adding that “in Nigeria, solar energy is one of the most promising of the renewable energy sources, in view of its apparent limitless
potentialities.” The conference is presented by the American Solar Energy Society, World Renewable Energy Network, International Solar Energy Society, National Renewable Energy Laboratory and
sponsored by UNESCO and Colorado Renewable Energy Collaboratory. The statement explained that, “it has been confirmed that Nigeria receives 5.08 x 1012 kilowatt-hours of energy per day from the sun, and if solar energy appliances with just 5% efficiency are used to cover only 1% of the country’s surface area, then 2.54 x 106 megawatt-hours of energy can be obtained from solar energy . This amount of electrical energy is equivalent to 4.66 million barrels of oil per day.” Other speakers at the conference include Dan Arvizu, Director, National Renewable Energy Laboratory; Cary Kennedy, Deputy Mayor, City and County of Denver; Edward Mazria, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Architecture 2030; Dennis Dimick, Executive, Environment Editor, National Geographic; among other energy and environment experts.

http://ases.org/2012/03/wref-2012-session-highlight-solar-energy-in-nigeria/
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:17pm On Apr 20, 2012
Nice story. More positive role models like him would be a good thing.

2 Likes

Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 20, 2012
good one at 24!
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by Beaf: 6:20pm On Apr 20, 2012
Really encouraging, I hope he does us proud.
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 20, 2012
Nice 1.
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by ektbear: 7:09pm On Apr 20, 2012
no link?
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by gbogboti: 7:15pm On Apr 20, 2012
knowledge knows no boundary, race, colour, religion nor tribe. Who says Nigerians are not good. A yoruba girl today made 9A1. By May, another hausa chap 'll be doing us proud
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by ishmael(m): 8:20pm On Apr 20, 2012
Thought you guys said in some other threads that the hausas or northerners are not as educated at all as their southern counterparts? What is happening now?

2 Likes

Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by Afam4eva(m): 8:21pm On Apr 20, 2012
ishmael: Thought you guys said in some other threads that the hausas or northerners are not as educated at all as their southern counterparts? What is happening now?
This is one in a million.
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by nanos: 8:24pm On Apr 20, 2012
afam4eva:
This is one in a million.

More like one in a trillion.

7 Likes

Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by Odunnu: 8:54pm On Apr 20, 2012
Go! go! go, brother!
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by Demdem(m): 8:57pm On Apr 20, 2012
Excellent. Not evryone be almajiri afterall

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by Afam4eva(m): 8:58pm On Apr 20, 2012
Odunnu: Go! go! go, brother!
Please, where are you from? North, Enugu or Bayelsa?
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by tpia5: 10:37pm On Apr 20, 2012
picture?
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by Musiwa49: 10:47pm On Apr 20, 2012
How true is his age 24. Most Nigerian who graduate from universities by the time they finish and go for national service are above 24, mostly if he claim he is 24 years. because nigeria school required age 6 to start. but some parent dont allow their children to wait. and put them in other school. may be that is what happen, but 6 + 12 in high school is 18 . Plus 5 years in the university. Is 23 years. Plus 1 year national service is 24.

80% of nigeria universities graudate do not enter into the universities on the first try because 1.5 million take the exam. only few get in. 2 in 10.

So 80% normally have extra year. The average age of nigeria graduate from university is 26 years. for medicine is 28 years. becoming a doctor in Nigeria is 7 years or 8 if you include service. And becoming an engineer is 5 or 6 if you include service.
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by Beaf: 11:13pm On Apr 20, 2012
^
Dude, many of us were done and dusted at 23 and younger, it is more common with girls than boys too.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by Nobody: 11:22pm On Apr 20, 2012
@musiwa
i finished my first degree and service by age 22! and by 26 i had my masters! graduates these days (especially the ones that went thru private schools)are done and dry by 20!
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by brainchild78(m): 11:27pm On Apr 20, 2012
now this is the kind of news coming from northern nigeria dat puts a smile on my face rather than hearing stories about senseless massive homicides in the name of BH

2 Likes

Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by Musiwa49: 11:39pm On Apr 20, 2012
I finished univerisity young ,young man at a young age, but I was talking about majority of nigerian. most nigerian dont go to private school. under the law, a child have to be 6. I think, they should change it to 4 years old.
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by Musiwa49: 11:44pm On Apr 20, 2012
Why I think it should be 4, at 4, I think, I was smart enough to understand. And I was already reading well by 6.

When I finished high school. less than 10 of my classmate entered the universities that year with me, it made me feel sad. I think may be less than 5. It was hard to enter the universities then. You have to have the best of grade to go into the university. first 3 best in your class then. So I know how hard it was. And nearly 300 or 400 others could not enter. Even when they had the required school result. No space in the universities.
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by funshint(m): 11:50pm On Apr 20, 2012
nanos:

More like one in a trillion.
haahaahaa cheesy[quote author=nanos]
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by beatricewebb: 11:52pm On Apr 20, 2012
haaaaaa,zamfara graduati,when we have the best students in UNILAG!
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by Nobody: 11:56pm On Apr 20, 2012
beatrice webb: haaaaaa,zamfara graduati,when we have the best students in UNILAG!
i hope what they taught you in unilag amongst other things was the word "STEROETYPE"
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by Musiwa49: 11:56pm On Apr 20, 2012
If you take Jonathan Goodluck for example. He finished high school in 1975 but he waited till 2 years after before he was able to gain admission to the university. It is hard to gain admission into Nigeria universities. Some people wait 5 years to gain admission.

If you look at sambo the vice president too. He too waited 2 years before he gain admission to the university. People wrote jamb 7 to 10 times.

to help the youth, there is a need to reduce the age to 4 years..
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by mykejones(m): 11:57pm On Apr 20, 2012
Lol. I knw d dude. Alma Mata. Nice one bro. But he shd be serving presently. Did they say he was working or sometin?
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by PHIPEX(m): 12:00am On Apr 21, 2012
Great news from the north, its a relief. I wish u the best bro!

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by Nobody: 12:05am On Apr 21, 2012
@musiwa
you can just post some maps to prove that nigerians don't graduate at 24!
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by Cadaver(m): 12:06am On Apr 21, 2012
Musiwa,,:
How true is his age 24. Most Nigerian who graduate from universities by the time they finish and go for national service are above 24, mostly if he claim he is 24 years. because nigeria school required age 6 to start. but some parent dont allow their children to wait. and put them in other school. may be that is what happen, but 6 + 12 in high school is 18 . Plus 5 years in the university. Is 23 years. Plus 1 year national service is 24.

80% of nigeria universities graudate do not enter into the universities on the first try because 1.5 million take the exam. only few get in. 2 in 10.

So 80% normally have extra year. The average age of nigeria graduate from university is 26 years. for medicine is 28 years. becoming a doctor in Nigeria is 7 years or 8 if you include service. And becoming an engineer is 5 or 6 if you include service.

Dude, hold it ryt dere!!! I am twenty four, I graduated 22, went for my nysc 23 and presently working for a top financial organization. Don't fink cuz you had some pathetic delays in ur early life, its impossible for sum1 younger to b making waves you failed to make wen you were his/her age. Its highly feasible abeg, I'm a living witness, and mind you, I didn't attend a foreign or private uni, I schooled ere in naija, federal university sef. Fuckin hater!
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by beatricewebb: 12:09am On Apr 21, 2012
@torkaka,olodo its"stereotype"
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by Nobody: 12:23am On Apr 21, 2012
beatrice webb: @torkaka,olodo its"stereotype"
mumu! its called topographical error! you are not smart are you?
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by Raxxye(m): 12:28am On Apr 21, 2012
ishmael: Thought ““you guys said““ in some other threads that the hausas or northerners are not as educated at all as their southern counterparts? What is happening now?

“U guys said?“ Do u need to be told that? Are u in doubt that the North is educationally very backward?
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by DMainMan: 12:29am On Apr 21, 2012
torkaka:
mumu! its called topographical error! you are not smart are you?

bros u too fall my hand o. It is 'typographical'

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ex-Resident Electoral Commissioner, 2 Others, Docked For Rigging (Photo) / Agboola Ajayi Denies Bribing PDP Aspirants To Step Down / Nigerian Senate To Debate Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.