Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,312 members, 7,815,566 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US (10798 Views)

Kachikwu Ibe In Abu Dhabi For UAE Energy Forum / Tony Blair At The Nigerian Governor's Forum In Abuja - Photos / Nigerian,24,to Address World Energy Forum In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by Raxxye(m): 12:30am On Apr 21, 2012
torkaka:
mumu! its called topographical error! you are not smart are you?

It‘s called “TOPO“ kini? Una no go kill me o? LWKMD!
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by lacasa: 12:34am On Apr 21, 2012
Alota them like him ȋ̝̊̅̄Ω̴̩̩̩̥ †ђξ north.
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by lacasa: 12:35am On Apr 21, 2012
Alota them like him ȋ̝̊̅̄Ω̴̩̩̩̥ †ђξ north.

Y we dnt hear ŏƒ them Ȋ̝̊̅§ cos Northerners esp. Hausa don't seek acclaim for any small thing unlike †ђξ southerners esp †ђξ Yorubas.

A lot ŏƒ gifted hausas ȋ̝̊̅̄Ω̴̩̩̩̥ Nigeria, bt If U̶̲̥̅̊'ve neva. Been to d north U̶̲̥̅̊'ld neva know really.

Well done to †ђξ guy
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by ofala(m): 12:48am On Apr 21, 2012
Good one there
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by OAM4J: 12:49am On Apr 21, 2012
Good one!
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by stuffs4me(m): 1:06am On Apr 21, 2012
A 24-year-old graduate from Zamfara State,
Muhammad Usman, would present a paper at the
2012 session of the World Renewable Energy Forum
(WREF) scheduled for May 13 -17, in Denver,
Colorado, United States. Usman’s paper is entiled “Rural Solar Electrification-Renewable Energy Potential and Distribution for Development in Nigeria.” He is a 2010 Economics graduate from Ahmadu Bello
University, Zaria and Programme Officer at the Gusau-based Centre for Energy and Environment in Zamfara State.
The objective of Usman’s presentation, according to a
statement posted at the WREF’s website, “will highlight the abundance of solar energy in Nigeria and its usage in local areas, especially remote corners of the country,” adding that “in Nigeria, solar energy is one of the most promising of the renewable energy sources, in view of its apparent limitless
potentialities.” The conference is presented by the American Solar Energy Society, World Renewable Energy Network, International Solar Energy Society, National Renewable Energy Laboratory and
sponsored by UNESCO and Colorado Renewable Energy Collaboratory. The statement explained that, “it has been confirmed that Nigeria receives 5.08 x 1012 kilowatt-hours of energy per day from the sun, and if solar energy appliances with just 5% efficiency are used to cover only 1% of the country’s surface area, then 2.54 x 106 megawatt-hours of energy can be obtained from solar energy . This amount of electrical energy is equivalent to 4.66 million barrels of oil per day.” Other speakers at the conference include Dan Arvizu, Director, National Renewable Energy Laboratory; Cary Kennedy, Deputy Mayor, City and County of Denver; Edward Mazria, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Architecture 2030; Dennis Dimick, Executive, Environment Editor, National Geographic; among other energy and environment experts.

OK. So the guy might be bright or something, good for him, but this isn’t his turf. He’s an Electrical Engr. Wannabe.
This is purely Electrical Engineering, Power option sef… make the guy go siddon…
People study solar energy at MSc level in Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. Where did this economist get his knowledge from, telling us how much Mega Watt could be gotten from solar energy….
Too much quackery in Nigeria…

2 Likes

Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by deeplow: 1:30am On Apr 21, 2012
Musiwa,,:
How true is his age 24. Most Nigerian who graduate from universities by the time they finish and go for national service are above 24, mostly if he claim he is 24 years. because nigeria school required age 6 to start. but some parent dont allow their children to wait. and put them in other school. may be that is what happen, but 6 + 12 in high school is 18 . Plus 5 years in the university. Is 23 years. Plus 1 year national service is 24.

80% of nigeria universities graudate do not enter into the universities on the first try because 1.5 million take the exam. only few get in. 2 in 10.

So 80% normally have extra year. The average age of nigeria graduate from university is 26 years. for medicine is 28 years. becoming a doctor in Nigeria is 7 years or 8 if you include service. And becoming an engineer is 5 or 6 if you include service.

Wrong stat.finished high sch at age 15,waited 2yrs b4 I gained admission.finished @ age 22(fg n ASUU wahala).finished service at 23.my yunga sis is still 20 n she is serving already.maybe u shld relocate n meet pple with fast education.thumbs up to d aboki bro by the way.something positive from the north.I like
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by killuminati(m): 1:34am On Apr 21, 2012
DMainMan:

bros u too fall my hand o. It is 'typographical'
chai!!! Na miskate! grin
DMainMan:

chai!!! Na miskate!
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by eyenCalabar(m): 1:43am On Apr 21, 2012
ishmael: Thought you guys said in some other threads that the hausas or northerners are not as educated at all as their southern counterparts? What is happening now?

Is he going to remain there after the presentation? Or can't anybody do a paper presentation? Or is it because his own is going to be in the US? Or is it a debate? Or is he defending Nigeria there? Just what? Hold yourself there o! Boko people undecided
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by unphilaz(m): 1:46am On Apr 21, 2012
torkaka: @musiwa
you can just post some maps to prove that nigerians don't graduate at 24!
maps ha ha ha
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by Nobody: 2:51am On Apr 21, 2012
chai, northerners don suffer ooo.lol
This making the front page is stereotyping itself. There are several Nigerian students and graduates doing same abroad but no one cares about them cos they are from the south.
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by Nobody: 2:53am On Apr 21, 2012
DMainMan:

and you failed to see the sarcasm in that?
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by Nobody: 3:01am On Apr 21, 2012
Cadaver:
Dude, hold it ryt dere!!! I am twenty four, I graduated 22, went for my nysc 23 and presently working for a top financial organization. Don't fink cuz you had some pathetic delays in ur early life, its impossible for sum1 younger to b making waves you failed to make wen you were his/her age. Its highly feasible abeg, I'm a living witness, and mind you, I didn't attend a foreign or private uni, I schooled ere in naija, federal university sef. Fuckin hater!

Easy nah, this is a public forum and he is entitled to his opinion. You don't have to swear like some garage tout.

2 Likes

Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by PeeDaVinci: 3:06am On Apr 21, 2012
am i missing something here? how is this special / different from the presentations hundreds of nigerians give in several conferences abroad.
good personal achievement for him though and congratz to him, but cant still get my head around why we some pple are treating this as something out of the world
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by Odunnu: 3:07am On Apr 21, 2012
afam4eva:
Please, where are you from? North, Enugu or Bayelsa?
From Nigeria!

you can just post some maps to prove that nigerians don't graduate at 24!

LMAO.
Even with JAMB delaying my entrance into the university, I still graduated before 24. Anyway, let him get the maps and prove us wrong
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by treasuremi1(m): 4:25am On Apr 21, 2012
Cadaver:
Dude, hold it ryt dere!!! I am twenty four, I graduated 22, went for my nysc 23 and presently working for a top financial organization. Don't fink cuz you had some pathetic delays in ur early life, its impossible for sum1 younger to b making waves you failed to make wen you were his/her age. Its highly feasible abeg, I'm a living witness, and mind you, I didn't attend a foreign or private uni, I schooled ere in naija, federal university sef. Fuckin hater!
this is totally uncalled for.habar.very uncivillized manner of approach.
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by treasuremi1(m): 4:25am On Apr 21, 2012
congrats dude
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by choncholot: 4:26am On Apr 21, 2012
@ musiwa,who told you the average age for nigerian graduates is 26? i jumped from class 4 and entered a fgc at 8 and half years,was through with secondary school at 14,entered remedial school in ABU at 15,finished my 1st degree at 21 because of ASUU strikes etc,defered nysc because of reposting for a year,and still finished service by 23.if not for 2 years ASUU stikes,would have been done wth nysc at 19!and all this na public schools wey i attend.today i have a a 1st and 2nd degree in english language.because you tay for school no mean say everyone be like you.today i own and run my own school,so i know kids with an early start and guidance can beat the naija faulty educational system.
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by osifred(m): 4:32am On Apr 21, 2012
Musiwa,,:
How true is his age 24. Most Nigerian who graduate from universities by the time they finish and go for national service are above 24, mostly if he claim he is 24 years. because nigeria school required age 6 to start. but some parent dont allow their children to wait. and put them in other school. may be that is what happen, but 6 + 12 in high school is 18 . Plus 5 years in the university. Is 23 years. Plus 1 year national service is 24.

80% of nigeria universities graudate do not enter into the universities on the first try because 1.5 million take the exam. only few get in. 2 in 10.

So 80% normally have extra year. The average age of nigeria graduate from university is 26 years. for medicine is 28 years. becoming a doctor in Nigeria is 7 years or 8 if you include service. And becoming an engineer is 5 or 6 if you include service.

Ur analysis is very bogus. Dia r now graduate of 21yrs n below every where
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by Eazeee(m): 4:37am On Apr 21, 2012
afam4eva:
This is one in a million.

IS DAT ALSO FEDERAL CHARACTER OR QUOTA SYSTEM? wake up n accept reality
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by belovedaja(m): 5:07am On Apr 21, 2012
ishmael: Thought you guys said in some other threads that the hausas or northerners are not as educated at all as their southern counterparts? What is happening now?
Remember his is not the best in the country. Other better graduates from south and middlebelt have been denied the opportunity so as to please the north. One in a million indeed. That is the price we have been paying for one nigeria.
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by tbaba1234: 5:47am On Apr 21, 2012
Oh great, i have a presentation there too!!

Would love to meet him!!
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by ishmael(m): 6:22am On Apr 21, 2012
@Raxxye: They are not as dull or uneducated as you guys always echo on nairaland. I know a lot of them that are good educationally especially in the sciences. Prof Iya Abubakar is a reknown mathematician just like Prof Chike Obi, and a lot of other northerners are doing great in the academics. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt and encourage them rather than calling them deregatory names. A lot of them are actually backwards because of their religious and social beliefs which they hold very strong more than anything else which makes them develop hatred for anything western education, and hence the emergence of "Boko Haram". The educated (western education) and enlightened ones need our encouragements and praises.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by alexleo(m): 6:42am On Apr 21, 2012
Any Northerner who beats his chest on this and start thinking that they are not educationally backward again should be shown some pity. When the south has been producing such people over the years. The best thing Northerners can do is to learn from their zamfara brother and begin to aim high too and not for somebody to come here to pose as if they are now equal with the south just because of this one.
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by omicron(m): 7:09am On Apr 21, 2012
Musiwa,,:

You try 4 ur analysis sha, but YOU ARE GENERALLY WRONG! The average age in my class then was 23! I left medical school at 24, 1 or 2 yrs below the average age sef! And guess wat, its decreasing by the day! Next time check well, things change fast!
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by ConcernMan: 7:14am On Apr 21, 2012
Who says nothing good can come out from Nazereth
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by Benzora(m): 7:25am On Apr 21, 2012
@Ishmael now I understand why the thread is titled "Zamfara Graduate" and not a Nigerian graduate just so you can make this point. It won't change the status quo anyway even if the "Zamfara Graduate" is speaking at the White House. Nice one even with the distractions to score cheap points!
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by Toktee(m): 7:38am On Apr 21, 2012
afam4eva:
This is one in a million.
if you said that,then i will tell you that u are not a student of history,do u remember what jubril aminu did in university of ibada,do u remember engineer musa dat is languising in jail today,he was building an air plane wen ur broda obj put him behind bars,remove hatred in ur heart nd support a positive develotment
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by Toktee(m): 7:43am On Apr 21, 2012
Beaf: ^
Dude, many of us were done and dusted at 23 and younger, it is more common with girls than boys too.
first time in recent times that you made a positive comments,i hail you o
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by coolguy2002: 7:49am On Apr 21, 2012
nice one
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by barba: 7:52am On Apr 21, 2012
i finished my first degree and service by age 22! and by 26 i had my masters! graduates these days (especially the ones that went thru private schools)are done and dry by 20!
same wit me 2.Culd av been earlier if i no go OAU 4masters
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by Kologie: 7:54am On Apr 21, 2012
This a good thing for the abokis and indeed all nigerians to cheer about.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

National Assembly Earmarks N6.4bn For Cars / FEC Okays N310b For Roads Projects / FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.