Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,262 members, 7,815,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US (10797 Views)

Kachikwu Ibe In Abu Dhabi For UAE Energy Forum / Tony Blair At The Nigerian Governor's Forum In Abuja - Photos / Nigerian,24,to Address World Energy Forum In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by ishmael(m): 1:40pm On Apr 21, 2012
@gbogboti: so u're an ABUsite? What dept faculty/dept were u? What year did u finish? ABU no easy o. Any southerner that has schooled there before can tell the story very well about the northerns there. They are n't that dull as most people think. ABU is as good as any 1st generation uni in the south.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by plentykola(m): 3:50pm On Apr 21, 2012
if we are talking of education no take A.B.U jOke na only 3 schools in nigeria dey dsame level with ABu i.e OAU,U.I,and UNN.
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by ziccoit: 3:54pm On Apr 21, 2012
Cadaver:
Dude, hold it ryt dere!!! I am twenty four, I graduated 22, went for my nysc 23 and presently working for a top financial organization. Don't fink cuz you had some pathetic delays in ur early life, its impossible for sum1 younger to b making waves you failed to make wen you were his/her age. Its highly feasible abeg, I'm a living witness, and mind you, I didn't attend a foreign or private uni, I schooled ere in naija, federal university sef. Fuckin hater!

We all know how the parents of people like you are following them from one place to another to make it in life. Right from seeking admission to getting job. You now de prove superman abi.
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by plentykola(m): 3:59pm On Apr 21, 2012
usman muhammad is more than 24yrs old
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by plentykola(m): 4:00pm On Apr 21, 2012
make ww nt lie the guy is good and am always proud of him but he is more than 24yrs old
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by plentykola(m): 4:08pm On Apr 21, 2012
if he cant present a paper then he is not a true graduate of ABU cos u start presentation when u are in 100level n like my department we present almost every semester so is not new to ABU student .greatest Abusite i greet u guys o and my kongo brothers and sisters i dey greet o. keep on flying d colour of love n peace. U guys are naturally ahead
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by Aladinn(m): 4:47pm On Apr 21, 2012
Musiwa statistics is very correct. Those beating their chests at graduating U-24 are not up to 15%. What about the remaining 75%.
A simply analogy. A foreigner getting close to Dangote, Adenuga etc, wuld conclude that Nigerians are billionaires?
Thumbs up to the lad. Good news.
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by Musiwa49: 6:30pm On Apr 21, 2012
And after all your nonsense , I graduate young too. very young. If you want to know.

But i am talking of most nigerian, not me.

It is less than 1% of nigeria universities graudate that graduate at the age below 24.

Most take Jamb 2 to 3 times before they enter the university. because I did fast does not mean i did not know what was going on. I had friends who were smart but never got in at the same time. it was a class or about 300 to 400 people. But I think i may be the first to gain admission. I cant really remember. even while others had ..

You can see Jonathan Goodluck most have wrote the exam 3 times before he got in. This is why people sleep at the embassy trying to get student visa to universities abroad. If 1.5 million take the exam. Only may be 2 into 10. So the other 1.2 million have to look for universities admission in other countries.

And another 1.2 million join them next years from the new exam. So it is so much of a society problem that is it so bad.

The need to get more private universities.. the desire of any nation should be at least 70% of its student gain universities admission. So nigeria is far behind the international standard.

This is why the need to introduce private borrowing to the private universities a low interest by the federal govt. since it is more of society help. that way they can build facilities to absorb this student.

it is hard for people to own a universities, without borrowing to build the facilities.
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by kwaghe: 6:38pm On Apr 21, 2012
Musiwa,,:
How true is his age 24. Most Nigerian who graduate from universities by the time they finish and go for national service are above 24, mostly if he claim he is 24 years. because nigeria school required age 6 to start. but some parent dont allow their children to wait. and put them in other school. may be that is what happen, but 6 + 12 in high school is 18 . Plus 5 years in the university. Is 23 years. Plus 1 year national service is 24.

80% of nigeria universities graudate do not enter into the universities on the first try because 1.5 million take the exam. only few get in. 2 in 10.

So 80% normally have extra year. The average age of nigeria graduate from university is 26 years. for medicine is 28 years. becoming a doctor in Nigeria is 7 years or 8 if you include service. And becoming an engineer is 5 or 6 if you include service.
Done with Bsc by 20, NYSC by 21, Msc by 22 and am hoping to start PhD this September - age 23.
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by kwaghe: 6:47pm On Apr 21, 2012
stuffs4me:

OK. So the guy might be bright or something, good for him, but this isn’t his turf. He’s an Electrical Engr. Wannabe.
This is purely Electrical Engineering, Power option sef… make the guy go siddon…
People study solar energy at MSc level in Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. Where did this economist get his knowledge from, telling us how much Mega Watt could be gotten from solar energy….
Too much quackery in Nigeria…
Maybe you need to check Google for Energy Economics, that's my specialty and I guess the chap also has interest in it.
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 21, 2012
We could be hapi now but for me i m yet to be fully hapi until after d event because I hope d guy will not carry bomb go there?
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by gsmgold: 12:30am On Apr 22, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
Nice story. More positive role models like him would be a good thing.
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by chuqudy(m): 7:06am On Apr 23, 2012
hE SHOULD BE MONITORED CLOSELY BEFORE HE THROWS BOMB.
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by Raxxye(m): 11:39am On Apr 25, 2012
ishmael: @Raxxye: They are not as dull or uneducated as you guys always echo on nairaland. I know a lot of them that are good educationally especially in the sciences. Prof Iya Abubakar is a reknown mathematician just like Prof Chike Obi, and a lot of other northerners are doing great in the academics. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt and encourage them rather than calling them deregatory names. A lot of them are actually backwards because of their religious and social beliefs which they hold very strong more than anything else which makes them develop hatred for anything western education, and hence the emergence of "Boko Haram". The educated (western education) and enlightened ones need our encouragements and praises.

My dear Ishmael, tell me what kind of encouragement do northerners need than the one they already have? The southerners have been slowed down in an effort to make the northerners catch up by several govt policies e.g. Federal character,educatinally less-developed states,etc. For example a northerner who scores 200 in JAMB could be prefentially offered admission into a federal university in preference to a southerner who scores say 250 in same exam and who applied for same course in same school. NYSC members from south are posted to the north to help develop the north educationally, yet they‘re being slaughtered by same northerners. What do northerners want, what encouragement do they need? Make me understand, my dear, cos I‘m lost here!
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by Raxxye(m): 11:40am On Apr 25, 2012
ishmael: @Raxxye: They are not as dull or uneducated as you guys always echo on nairaland. I know a lot of them that are good educationally especially in the sciences. Prof Iya Abubakar is a reknown mathematician just like Prof Chike Obi, and a lot of other northerners are doing great in the academics. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt and encourage them rather than calling them deregatory names. A lot of them are actually backwards because of their religious and social beliefs which they hold very strong more than anything else which makes them develop hatred for anything western education, and hence the emergence of "Boko Haram". The educated (western education) and enlightened ones need our encouragements and praises.
Re: Zamfara Graduate, Muhammad Usman To Address World Energy Forum In US by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 21, 2019
Aboki

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unkempt Environment At Garki Police Barrack FCT / Collaboration With OPC Has Reduced Crime Rate In South-west — IGP / I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.