Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,297 members, 7,811,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) (3268 Views)

The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion / The Sum Of All Arguments on Theism and Atheism - 2013 / Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by ea7(m): 5:45pm On Apr 20, 2012
Let's discuss atheism vs deism. Merits and logic of both sides . If some theists would like to chip in their own two cents, they are free, however buzugee, rastamouse and snthesis(for a different reason than the other two) can watch from the sidelines. If Davidylan wants to join in, he'd better be civil. Okay 3,2,1, let the games begin!!!
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by logicboy: 5:55pm On Apr 20, 2012
ea7: Let's discuss atheism vs deism. Merits and logic of both sides . If some theists would like to chip in their own two cents, they are free, however buzugee, rastamouse and snthesis(for a different reason than the other two) can watch from the sidelines. If Davidylan wants to join in, he'd better be civil. Okay 3,2,1, let the games begin!!!

Here is my problem with deism; What kind of maniac creates a universe and then refuses to interfere with it? However, I will always prefer a deist to a thiest since I'm an atheist.

Deists always give good debates

1 Like

Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by Kay17: 6:05pm On Apr 20, 2012
We should forget about the moral aspects of that, since it does no injury to his existence.

Why is God necessary?

Why does he have the right attributes?

Is he the aggregate of all that exists?
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by ea7(m): 6:16pm On Apr 20, 2012
@logicdude the deist god for all you know might have died upon creating the universe, any way, I'm waiting for deepsight.
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by Blackteeth(m): 6:29pm On Apr 20, 2012
ea7: @logicdude the deist god for all you know might have died upon creating the universe, any way, I'm waiting for deepsight.
Now you are talking. Its better you say God died after creating the universe than those senseless things you were vomiting about creation happening by chance from nothing.
To answer your statement, A CAR WILL NOT DRIVE ITSELF WHEN THE DRIVER FALLS ASLEEP.
I believe the matter that forms everything is powered by something. If that power ( God ) goes off, everything will crumble.
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by buzugee(m): 6:37pm On Apr 20, 2012
ea7: Let's discuss atheism vs deism. Merits and logic of both sides . If some theists would like to chip in their own two cents, they are free, however buzugee, rastamouse and snthesis(for a different reason than the other two) can watch from the sidelines. If Davidylan wants to join in, he'd better be civil. Okay 3,2,1, let the games begin!!!
grin grin why i gotta watch from the sidelines ? why i cant participate ? angry

and why do you humans like to put labels on each other ? agnostic gnostic theism atheism deism islam christian buddhist etc etc wtf is all that nonsense ? yall crazier than a six legged cat on crack
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by Blackteeth(m): 6:38pm On Apr 20, 2012
Well, I think at this point I would say God is matter. Matter assembled to build everything via evolution or whatever process. As we are seeing matter, we are seeing God as well. God exists!
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by jayriginal: 7:35pm On Apr 20, 2012
ea7: the deist god for all you know might have died upon creating the universe, . . .

!!
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by logicboy: 7:39pm On Apr 20, 2012
Blackteeth: Well, I think at this point I would say God is matter. Matter assembled to build everything via evolution or whatever process. As we are seeing matter, we are seeing God as well. God exists!

Then your God is inanimate, given the basic definition of matter.
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by logicboy: 7:40pm On Apr 20, 2012
buzugee: grin grin why i gotta watch from the sidelines ? why i cant participate ? angry

and why do you humans like to put labels on each other ? agnostic gnostic theism atheism deism islam christian buddhist etc etc wtf is all that nonsense ? yall crazier than a six legged cat on crack

Your scriptural explanations blow people's minds. I had to calm down with cider to stop my head from exploding after reading one of your theories

1 Like

Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by buzugee(m): 7:48pm On Apr 20, 2012
logicboy:

Your scriptural explanations blow people's minds. I had to calm down with cider to stop my head from exploding after reading one of your theories
i can see why their minds will be getting blown. here they are, all their lives, they have been listening to 'pastor tithe' and 'reverend offerings' ignore most of the bible and hone in on the parts of the bible that serve his own purpose MALACHI 3 VS 10. then when a p-i-m-p like me comes in and gives them the real deal, they have to resort to drinking cider grin to keep their minds from being blown to smithereens grin grin
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by ea7(m): 7:59pm On Apr 20, 2012
buzugee: i can see why their minds will be getting blown. here they are, all their lives, they have been listening to 'pastor tithe' and 'reverend offerings' ignore most of the bible and hone in on the parts of the bible that serve his own purpose MALACHI 3 VS 10. then when a p-i-m-p like me comes in and gives them the real deal, they have to resort to drinking cider grin to keep their minds from being blown to smithereens grin grin
dats gud. Now gt ur a.ss back to the sidelines
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by Blackteeth(m): 8:04pm On Apr 20, 2012
logicboy:

Then your God is inanimate, given the basic definition of matter.

God is the most qualified entity to define matter because scientists define matter based on how much they know about matter. Scientists dont know sh.it about matter execpt what they can detect. I dont need scientists to define matter for me. Ok?
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by buzugee(m): 8:49pm On Apr 20, 2012
ea7: dats gud. Now gt ur a.ss back to the sidelines
this aint the 1960s fool. i am no longer three fifths of a man. I AM A MAN. I DEMAND EQUAL RIGHTS angry LOL
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by ea7(m): 9:06pm On Apr 20, 2012
buzugee: this aint the 1960s fool. i am no longer three fifths of a man. I AM A MAN. I DEMAND EQUAL RIGHTS angry LOL
i am naija. Now STFU and get back *cracks whip
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by ea7(m): 9:15pm On Apr 20, 2012
As we all presumably know, deists believe in a non interventionist God. We have no evidence for him. I would like deepsight and/or blackteeth to make a case for god belief.
I think atheism, deism and agnosticism are the same in a way. God is irrelevant in all. Atheism and agnosticism are the same.no question.
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by logicboy: 9:18pm On Apr 20, 2012
ea7: As we all presumably know, deists believe in a non interventionist God. We have no evidence for him. I would like deepsight and/or blackteeth to make a case for god belief.
I think atheism, deism and agnosticism are the same in a way. God is irrelevant in all. Atheism and agnosticism are the same.no question.

The have similarities but not the same. I agree with your overall sentiments though.
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by rastamouse: 9:49pm On Apr 20, 2012
Ea why do you want me out of this? I thought I was your best friend grin
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by rastamouse: 9:51pm On Apr 20, 2012
Regardless of the fact that I am banned from this thread grin , I will nonetheless pose this question. This is per chance any atheist can answer it.

Why does the bird fly and the fish swim?
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 20, 2012
rastamouse: Why does the bird fly and the fish swim?

I've been pondering too! Why does the Octopus have 8 arms? Why is the Giraffe's neck that long? Why does the kangaroo have two separate and specialized teats?
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by ea7(m): 10:15pm On Apr 20, 2012
rastamouse: Regardless of the fact that I am banned from this thread grin , I will nonetheless pose this question. This is per chance any atheist can answer it.

The simplest answer is because they can, it just is. The more complex one is fish ave gills for underwater breathing, and slime on their scales to move through water. Birds have wings.
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by rastamouse: 10:18pm On Apr 20, 2012
ea7: The simplest answer is because they can, it just is. The more complex one is fish ave gills for underwater breathing, and slime on their scales to move through water. Birds have wings.

[size=50pt]FAIL[/size]
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by ea7(m): 10:31pm On Apr 20, 2012
rastamouse:

[size=50pt]FAIL[/size]
Tell me how they do then, withou quoting bible. If you want to dicuss bible, go to my new testament review thread and comment.
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by rastamouse: 10:32pm On Apr 20, 2012
ea7: Tell me how they do then, withou quoting bible. If you want to dicuss bible, go to my new testament review thread and comment.

No let your other atheist brothers give the question a shot as well...hint: think outside the box grin
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by LogicMind: 10:37pm On Apr 20, 2012
rastamouse: Regardless of the fact that I am banned from this thread grin , I will nonetheless pose this question. This is per chance any atheist can answer it.

because god told them to. they have no choice: they are no atheist.
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by rastamouse: 10:40pm On Apr 20, 2012
Logic Mind:

because god told them to. they have no choice: they are no atheist.

Hahahahahah....

but

[size=50pt]FAIL[/size]
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by logicboy: 10:48pm On Apr 20, 2012
rastamouse:

Hahahahahah....

but

[size=50pt]FAIL[/size]

Rastamouse has come to troll and derail again.

Seriously, no answer will be satisfactory for rastamouse questions. It's a trick just for him to get an excuse to say "fail"

BTW......Rastas have their own religon different from Christianity....Haile Selassie! Why a christian would call himself "Rastamouse" wonders me.
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by ea7(m): 10:50pm On Apr 20, 2012
rastamouse:

Hahahahahah....

but

[size=50pt]FAIL[/size]
how did you ccome into your god belief.
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by rastamouse: 10:50pm On Apr 20, 2012
logicboy:

Rastamouse has come to troll and derail again.

Seriously, no answer will be satisfactory for rastamouse questions. It's a trick just for him to get an excuse to say "fail"

BTW......Rastas have their own religon different from Christianity....Haile Selassie! Why a christian would call himself "Rastamouse" wonders me.

Was that supposed to be an answer to my question?

[size=50pt]FAIL[/size]
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by rastamouse: 10:52pm On Apr 20, 2012
ea7: how did you ccome into your god belief.

I was privileged enough to see GOD in my life. This is no joke. If you are interested in my story to Christendom, I will be glad to share here.
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by logicboy: 11:03pm On Apr 20, 2012
rastamouse:

Was that supposed to be an answer to my question?

[size=50pt]FAIL[/size]

like a moth to a flame
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by vedaxcool(m): 11:12pm On Apr 20, 2012
rastamouse:

[size=50pt]FAIL[/size]

this failure is getting interesting . . . grin please take am easy on dem atheist oh! the way you take write that fail self go make some people think say them don tru tru fail for this life

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Use Your Hi Power To Win The World Become What You Want Without Rituals / Fasting And Prayer, When Does It End? / Pastor Tb Joshua's Church Being Investigated By Uk Health Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.