Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) (3281 Views)

The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion / The Sum Of All Arguments on Theism and Atheism - 2013 / Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by rastamouse: 11:13pm On Apr 20, 2012
vedaxcool:

this failure is getting interesting . . . grin please take am easy on dem atheist oh! the way you take write that fail self go make some people think say them don tru tru fail for this life

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by Blackteeth(m): 12:01am On Apr 21, 2012
Anyone who calls himself an atheist should be able to provide the answer to rasta's question.
Atheists havent explained and solved smaller problems and they want to solve a bigger problem concerning God's existence. Lol
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by buzugee(m): 12:10am On Apr 21, 2012
what is the definition of deism and gnostic and agnostic ? i hear these words thrown around by white men but i have never bothered to check for their deep meaning.
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by logicboy: 12:14am On Apr 21, 2012
Blackteeth: Anyone who calls himself an atheist should be able to provide the answer to rasta's question.
Atheists havent explained and solved smaller problems and they want to solve a bigger problem concerning God's existence. Lol

You are not serious. Yeah, atheists should feed the troll called rastamouse
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by logicboy: 12:15am On Apr 21, 2012
buzugee: what is the definition of deism and gnostic and agnostic ? i hear these words thrown around by white men but i have never bothered to check for their deep meaning.

Can you not show your racism for once in a a thread? angry
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by buzugee(m): 12:16am On Apr 21, 2012
logicboy:

i aint racist wink
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by ea7(m): 12:32am On Apr 21, 2012
logicboy:

i invited him.
Also buzugee could you please not be racist/attach statements to a particular race.
This is from my head so it may not be accurate, gnosis, greek for knowledge.
Gnostic meaning one who knows, agnostic one who lacks knowledge, deism belief in a vague deity.
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by buzugee(m): 5:26am On Apr 21, 2012
ea7: i invited him.
Also buzugee could you please not be racist/attach statements to a particular race.
This is from my head so it may not be accurate, gnosis, greek for knowledge.
Gnostic meaning one who knows, agnostic one who lacks knowledge, deism belief in a vague deity.
ahhhh so a bunch of self important heathens huh embarassed
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by Dipwater(m): 7:46am On Apr 21, 2012
Pls blackteeth wat category do I fall in ,ibiliv in God ,ido not belong to any religion and I also biliv dat God doesn't interfare in the affairs of man .I biliv he is the air the land the sea etc. I don't biliv in aheaven ,for me heaven or hell is wat u can make out of life.
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by ea7(m): 8:13am On Apr 21, 2012
Dipwater: Pls blackteeth wat category do I fall in ,ibiliv in God ,ido not belong to any religion and I also biliv dat God doesn't interfare in the affairs of man .I biliv he is the air the land the sea etc. I don't biliv in aheaven ,for me heaven or hell is wat u can make out of life.
Deist.
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by ea7(m): 8:18am On Apr 21, 2012
ea7: The simplest answer is because they can, it just is. The more complex one is fish ave gills for underwater breathing, and slime on their scales to move through water. Birds have wings.
Birds also have hollow bones so they aren't weighed down. Black teeth, I believe your arguments are illogical,post your thoughts below so we can discuss.
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by Kay17: 9:03am On Apr 21, 2012
Dipwater: Pls blackteeth wat category do I fall in ,ibiliv in God ,ido not belong to any religion and I also biliv dat God doesn't interfare in the affairs of man .I biliv he is the air the land the sea etc. I don't biliv in aheaven ,for me heaven or hell is wat u can make out of life.
a pantheist. Some atheists do have such ideas, the dynamism of Nature is admired. How I think religions have monopolized/trademark God to be an actual lifeform who preexists everything.
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by Jenwitemi(m): 9:18am On Apr 21, 2012
You don't have to be a maniac to steer clear of the universe and let things inside it happen on their own accord. If the system is very well built and could take care of itself, why should the creator then need to intervene? The universe is a fully automated system with it's own laws built in to regulate whatever events take place in it. The word here is, AUTOMATED.

BTW, i am an irreligious theist.
logicboy:

Here is my problem with deism; What kind of maniac creates a universe and then refuses to interfere with it? However, I will always prefer a deist to a thiest since I'm an atheist.

Deists always give good debates
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by thehomer: 10:13am On Apr 21, 2012
ea7: Let's discuss atheism vs deism. Merits and logic of both sides . If some theists would like to chip in their own two cents, they are free, however buzugee, rastamouse and snthesis(for a different reason than the other two) can watch from the sidelines. If Davidylan wants to join in, he'd better be civil. Okay 3,2,1, let the games begin!!!

The problem is that the deist God is of no consequence and is thus uninteresting.
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by Jenwitemi(m): 10:22am On Apr 21, 2012
And that is how it should be. God in the background.
thehomer:

The problem is that the deist God is of no consequence and is thus uninteresting.
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by Jack65: 10:33am On Apr 21, 2012
thehomer:

Exactly! Also irrelivant and unnecessary if I may add.
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by rastamouse: 10:37am On Apr 21, 2012
logicboy:

You are not serious. Yeah, atheists should feed the troll called rastamouse

Like you never tried to answer the question. You tried and failed. Honestly I am very shocked that no atheist here have been able to answer the question. shocked
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by logicboy: 10:41am On Apr 21, 2012
rastamouse:

Like you never tried to answer the question. You tried and failed. Honestly I am very shocked that no atheist here have been able to answer the question. shocked

lol.....failed? to answer why birds fly?

Keep deluding yourself
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by rastamouse: 10:45am On Apr 21, 2012
logicboy:

lol.....failed? to answer why birds fly?

Keep deluding yourself

tongue you tried and failed miserably...
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by LogicMind: 10:47am On Apr 21, 2012
rastamouse:

rstamouse, we all failed and bow down before you all knowing master. please enlighten us on why these animals behave in such strange incomprehensible ways.
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by rastamouse: 10:50am On Apr 21, 2012
Logic Mind:

rstamouse, we all failed and bow down before you all knowing master. please enlighten us on why these animals behave in such strange incomprehensible ways.

The only time an atheist has admitted to something in life wink . I will definetely tell you all but I need every atheist to behave like you just did (I don't know you to be their spokesperson grin). When they all say they have given up, then I will enlighten you.
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by LogicMind: 10:55am On Apr 21, 2012
rastamouse:

The only time an atheist has admitted to something in life wink . I will definetely tell you all but I need every atheist to behave like you just did (I don't know you to be their spokesperson grin). When they all say they have given up, then I will enlighten you.

you know the lord thy god has hardened their hearts that they will not seek to learn. your servant, logic mind bows before you in supplice. we hunger for knowledge. god has given you knowledge and ordered you to share. you must share or god's anger will befall you.
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by ea7(m): 11:00am On Apr 21, 2012
rastamouse:

What was wrong with my last post?
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by rastamouse: 11:09am On Apr 21, 2012
Logic Mind:

you know the lord thy god has hardened their hearts that they will not seek to learn. your servant, logic mind bows before you in supplice. we hunger for knowledge. god has given you knowledge and ordered you to share. you must share or god's anger will befall you.

You really have a humble spirit grin. I am impressed grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by rastamouse: 11:11am On Apr 21, 2012
ea7: What was wrong with my last post?

Well that was not the answer, sorry! grin
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by ea7(m): 11:21am On Apr 21, 2012
rastamouse:

Well that was not the answer, sorry! grin
from now on refer to op. Stay out.
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by Nobody: 11:45am On Apr 21, 2012
rastamouse:

Ignorance and hubris in overdrive. Why do y'all even bother answering the mental midget?
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by rastamouse: 11:49am On Apr 21, 2012
Martian:

Ignorance and hubris in overdrive. Why do y'all even bother answering the mental midget?

Did you just try the question?
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by LogicMind: 11:52am On Apr 21, 2012
rastamouse:

Did you just try the question?

give your answer or shut up.
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by brainpulse: 11:53am On Apr 21, 2012
Why cant man see beyond what his eyes could see at a particular time or else where?
Why cant man control without any gadgets events happening else where or everywhere?
Why cant science test, proof and trap the mind in a vessel before the man dies and put the mind in another thing or preserve it?
Why cant man know in specific the events that will surround his death?
What has made all our finger prints not to be the same?

All this questions will make us know the reasons why we believe what we believe in with an open conscience.

And there are lot of questions man will continue to ask from generation to generation forming and shaping their belief patterns. To some we will find definite answers, to some we will find speculating answers and while to some we will never find the answers.
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by mkmyers45(m): 11:53am On Apr 21, 2012
buzugee: grin grin why i gotta watch from the sidelines ? why i cant participate ? angry

and why do you humans like to put labels on each other ? agnostic gnostic theism atheism deism islam christian buddhist etc etc wtf is all that nonsense ? yall crazier than a six legged cat on crack

why are you describing yourself...you fake black wanna-be black man claiming zionist orientation angry angry angry
Re: Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) by mkmyers45(m): 11:57am On Apr 21, 2012
Jenwitemi: And that is how it should be. God in the background.

I somewhat want to think on this line but can you enlighten ME why an almighty god will create and go to the fore-ground?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? / Atheism Will Be Baseless If These Can Be Proven / How Can I Know If I Am Going To Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.