Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,089 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (9379 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General Australian Visa Enquiries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines by TMoni1(m): 7:52pm On Apr 20, 2012
Hello people, just wondering if there are people in the house that has experience in applying for theretha general skill migration visa that can share there experience and there timelines with me.
I have had my medical finalised since feb 20 but have heard anything till now.
Re: Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 27, 2012
Am processing too but am still at the stage of having my qualification and experience assessed by my assessing authority.

From the information on their website (www.immi.gov.au) I understand it about 2yrs to process, however, you can hasten the process if you have an offer of employment from an approved Australian employer.

Best of luck!![b]Am processing too but am still at the stage of having my qualification and experience assessed by my assessing authority.

From the information on their website (www.immi.gov.au) I understand it about 2yrs to process, however, you can hasten the process if you have an offer of employment from an approved Australian employer.

Best of luck!![/b]Am processing too but am still at the stage of having my qualification and experience assessed by my assessing authority.

Best of luck!!
Re: Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 09, 2012
proposed changes to the Australian General Skilled Migration (GSM) visa

SkillSelect is an online system that enables skilled workers interested in migrating to Australia to record their details to be considered for a skilled visa through an Expression of Interest (EOI). People intending to migrate to Australia may be found and nominated for skilled visas by Australian employers or state and territory governments, or they may be invited by the Australian Government to lodge a visa application.

SkillSelect will be implemented on 1 July 2012.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/
Re: Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines by quemark(m): 6:46pm On Jun 11, 2012
I checked western aussie's website and was asked 2 pay $200 Aus for the assessment. Do u make any payment when applying online to the region. State or territory u intend moving to? 4 the assessment of ur qualification and experience. Ought to have pass that stage and written my IELTS but just trying to take a chill pills cos u never knw what may happen come 1st july and beyond. What and what doc do u 4ward 2 them and what courier do u use and how much does it cost ?
Re: Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines by tunnytox(m): 7:18pm On Jun 11, 2012
T.Moni:
Hello people, just wondering if there are people in the house that has experience in applying for theretha general skill migration visa that can share there experience and there timelines with me.
I have had my medical finalised since feb 20 but have heard anything till now.

If you've gone this far then you're almost there, I'll advise you to be patient as it will be worth it in the end.Goodluck
Re: Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 11, 2012
quemark: I checked western aussie's website and was asked 2 pay $200 Aus for the assessment. Do u make any payment when applying online to the region. State or territory u intend moving to? 4 the assessment of ur qualification and experience. Ought to have pass that stage and written my IELTS but just trying to take a chill pills cos u never knw what may happen come 1st july and beyond. What and what doc do u 4ward 2 them and what courier do u use and how much does it cost ?

Yes, I applied and received sponsorship from Skilled Migration Western Australia, but you only need to apply to a state/region or ask a relative to sponsor you if you do not meet the 65 points passmark. Some state charge a fee for sponsorship application like while others do not.

But you should have gotten a suitable skill assessment from your assessing authority before you can apply for state sponsorship. 1st of July or not, you still have to have an assessment of your qualification and experience done before you can take the next step
Re: Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jun 12, 2012
quemark: I checked western aussie's website and was asked 2 pay $200 Aus for the assessment. Do u make any payment when applying online to the region. State or territory u intend moving to? 4 the assessment of ur qualification and experience. Ought to have pass that stage and written my IELTS but just trying to take a chill pills cos u never knw what may happen come 1st july and beyond. What and what doc do u 4ward 2 them and what courier do u use and how much does it cost ?

Read the info in this link http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/visa-options.htm for guidance on the General Skilled Migration (GSM)
Re: Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines by TMoni1(m): 10:26pm On Jun 12, 2012
I definitely have swallowed the chill pill. I dont think i have too much of a choice.
Re: Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines by quemark(m): 9:51am On Jun 13, 2012
@T.moni, mail me on dayolagos@gmail.com Lets talk abeg no wan do any mistake as i embark on dis journey.
Re: Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines by quemark(m): 9:53am On Jun 13, 2012
@T.Moni, mail me on dayolagos@gmail.com Lets talk abeg no wan do any mistake as i embark on dis journey.
T.Moni:
I definitely have swallowed the chill pill. I dont think i have too much of a choice.

1 Like

Re: Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines by TMoni1(m): 4:55pm On Jun 13, 2012
quemark: @T.Moni, mail me on dayolagos@gmail.com Lets talk abeg no wan do any mistake as i embark on dis journey.

kindly send me an email temi.abrahams@gmail.com. I collect consultancy fee ooo...lol.
Re: Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines by quemark(m): 1:03pm On Jun 14, 2012
T.Moni:

kindly send me an email temi.abrahams@gmail.com. I collect consultancy fee ooo...lol.
No wahala sir. I knw say we'll all have story 2 tell when we all meet in aussie soonest. Check ur mail nw.
Re: Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines by Nobody: 6:11am On Jun 15, 2012
[b]Change to the skilled migration pass mark

http://www.newsroom.immi.gov.au/media_releases/1063

15 Jun 2012
The pass mark for the new SkillSelect visa subclasses 189, 190 and 489 will be 60 points. Intending migrants will first need to submit an expression of interest (EOI) and be invited to make an application for these visas.

A Department of Immigration and Citizenship spokesman said the change to the pass mark was in the context of the series of reforms to the skilled migration program undertaken by the Australian Government since 2008.

“These reforms have ensured the skilled migration program is a responsive and demand driven program,” the spokesman said. “The cornerstone of this migration reform package will be the introduction of SkillSelect from July 1.”

SkillSelect is a new electronic service for managing the skilled migration program. Intending migrants without an employer sponsor wanting to live and work in Australia will need to complete an online EOI, then based on claims of their skills and attributes, will be allocated a score against the points test. SkillSelect will rank intending migrant’s scores against other EOIs.

The highest ranking migrants across a broad range of occupations may be invited to apply for a skilled visa.

“Delivery of a balanced migration program requires careful management,” the spokesman said. “SkillSelect will provide greater control over who can apply for a skilled visa and when they can apply.”

The previous pass mark was appropriate in the context of the skilled migration reforms, with a greater emphasis on employer-sponsored skilled migration and managing a growing pipeline of unsponsored skilled migration applications.

The pass mark for existing general skilled migration subclasses 175, 176, 475, 487, 885 and 886 will remain at 65 points.

The pass mark for the new SkillSelect visas will encourage a broader range of people with the skills and attributes needed in Australia to register their interest in migration.
[/b]
Re: Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 15, 2012
Loving Australia kiss kiss kiss
Re: Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines by quemark(m): 1:22pm On Jun 15, 2012
Hmn, love 9ja so so very much. But when i think of how the bane of bribery and corruption is affecting our system i cry 4 nigeria. I just pray our leaders change 4 better and do the right thing as soon as possible . University graduants are unable to get good job, the unprecedented extortion by govt agencies, High Nepa bills with zero power supply, undescribable tax is levied on few industries or local businesses without provision of infrastructures e. Just consider the $3m bribe that was just uncovered in the national house of assembly involving farouk lawan, a member of national house. Even though ur monthly take home is enough to sustain u for the whole year can you sleep at night without peeping from your window trying to see the group of armed pandits trying to hit neighbours house if yours i managed to be spared. Just pray God shld help us rehuild this country.
Re: Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines by quemark(m): 1:39pm On Jun 15, 2012
UBKtech: [b]Change to the skilled migration pass mark

http://www.newsroom.immi.gov.au/media_releases/1063

15 Jun 2012
The pass mark for the new SkillSelect visa subclasses 189, 190 and 489 will be 60 points. Intending migrants will first need to submit an expression of interest (EOI) and be invited to make an application for these visas.

A Department of Immigration and Citizenship spokesman said the change to the pass mark was in the context of the series of reforms to the skilled migration program undertaken by the Australian Government since 2008.

“These reforms have ensured the skilled migration program is a responsive and demand driven program,” the spokesman said. “The cornerstone of this migration reform package will be the introduction of SkillSelect from July 1.”

SkillSelect is a new electronic service for managing the skilled migration program. Intending migrants without an employer sponsor wanting to live and work in Australia will need to complete an online EOI, then based on claims of their skills and attributes, will be allocated a score against the points test. SkillSelect will rank intending migrant’s scores against other EOIs.

The highest ranking migrants across a broad range of occupations may be invited to apply for a skilled visa.

“Delivery of a balanced migration program requires careful management,” the spokesman said. “SkillSelect will provide greater control over who can apply for a skilled visa and when they can apply.”

The previous pass mark was appropriate in the context of the skilled migration reforms, with a greater emphasis on employer-sponsored skilled migration and managing a growing pipeline of unsponsored skilled migration applications.

The pass mark for existing general skilled migration subclasses 175, 176, 475, 487, 885 and 886 will remain at 65 points.

The pass mark for the new SkillSelect visas will encourage a broader range of people with the skills and attributes needed in Australia to register their interest in migration.
[/b]
@UBKTech, Thanx for the update. Sincerely, aussie is worth giving a try.
Re: Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines by Nobody: 9:33am On Jun 16, 2012
For deeper understanding of the points test system under skillselect and skills australia needs, download and study these attachments

Re: Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines by TMoni1(m): 4:07am On Jun 17, 2012
jennykadry: Loving Australia kiss kiss kiss
Sis you seem to be a veteran nairalander. You seem to be a nigerian living in aussie I guess. Could you please oblige by dropping me a email temi.abrahams@gmail.com.
quemark: Hmn, love 9ja so so very much. But when i think of how the bane of bribery and corruption is affecting our system i cry 4 nigeria. I just pray our leaders change 4 better and do the right thing as soon as possible . University graduants are unable to get good job, the unprecedented extortion by govt agencies, High Nepa bills with zero power supply, undescribable tax is levied on few industries or local businesses without provision of infrastructures e. Just consider the $3m bribe that was just uncovered in the national house of assembly involving farouk lawan, a member of national house. Even though ur monthly take home is enough to sustain u for the whole year can you sleep at night without peeping from your window trying to see the group of armed pandits trying to hit neighbours house if yours i managed to be spared. Just pray God shld help us rehuild this country.
I feel you bro, its sad. The potential in our country and its youth are constantly milked by political elite. We seem to be seating on a time bomb. May God not allow it explode.
Re: Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 30, 2012
the skillselect system in now operational http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/
Re: Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 03, 2012
Skilled Migration Visa Processing Times

On this page:
Processing priority groups
Processing times – skilled migration applications affected by processing priorities
Processing times – skilled migration applications exempt from processing priorities
Definition – low/high risk

The tables below detail the processing time service standards for skilled migration visas.
Note: We aim to process applications within these service standards, however, actual processing times may vary depending on a range of factors.
See: Processing Time Service Standards

The department also publishes information listing the lodgement dates of applications that have been or will soon be allocated to case officers.
See: Allocation Dates for General Skilled Migration Applications

Processing priority groups

Priority processing arrangements apply to skilled migration applications. They determine the order in which the department considers applications. Applications accorded a higher priority under the arrangements will be processed ahead of lower priority applications, regardless of when the application is lodged.

The following table details processing priorities for skilled migration applications.
Note: The highest priority is listed first. SkillSelect applications will be the highest priority in each group.

Priority Group Number
Application Type
Employer sponsored under the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) program
Employer sponsored under the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) program
Nominated by a state or territory government agency for an occupation specified on that agency’s state migration plan
Applicants who have nominated an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) – Schedule 1
See: Skilled Occupation List
All other applications
Processing times – skilled migration applications affected by processing priorities

The below table describes the processing times for skilled migration visa subclasses.

Priority Group Number Visa Subclass Processing Time
1 RSMS
(subclass 119, 857)
Skilled Regional Low risk – 5 months
High risk – 8 months
SkillSelect
(subclass 187) 6 months
2 ENS
(subclass 121, 856) Low risk – 5 months
High risk – 8 months
SkillSelect
(subclass 186)

6 months
3 State Migration Plans (SMP)
(subclass 176, 475, 487, 886) 12 months
SkillSelect SMP
(subclass 190 and 489) 6 months
4 Nominated Occupation on the SOL – Schedule 1
(subclass 175, 495, 496, 861, 862, 863, 880, 881, 882, 883, 885 and 176, 475, 487 if not SMP) 18 months
SkillSelect Independent and Family Sponsored
(subclass 189, 190 and 489) 12 months
5 All visas listed in priority 3 and 4 that are not SMP or Nominated Occupation on the SOL – Schedule 1 Assessment will commence when all cases in priority groups 1-4 are finalised
Processing times – skilled migration applications exempt from processing priorities

The following visa subclasses are exempt from priority processing. These subclasses are processed in the order in which they are received.

Visa Subclass
Processing Time
476 7 months
485 12 months
489 Subsequent entrant/ Renewal 6 months
120, 855 Low risk – 5 months
High risk – 8 months
Definition – low/high risk

The terms 'Low risk' and 'High risk' show whether passport holders are eligible to apply for an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA). Low risk applies to nationals from countries which issue ETA eligible passports. A list of these can be found on the department's website. High risk countries are those which are not ETA eligible.
See: ETA Eligible Passports

More information on worker category visas is available.
See: Workers

More information on SkillSelect visas is available.
See: SkillSelect

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm
Re: Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines by TMoni1(m): 12:50pm On Jul 04, 2012
T.Moni:
Finally!!!
Re: Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines by tunnytox(m): 1:35pm On Jul 04, 2012
T.Moni:

Finally!!!
Have you got your approval?
Re: Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 04, 2012
T.Moni:

Finally!!!

Congrats bro, for those of us preparing to apply, SkillSelect has brought great news. Processing times have been drastically reduced to 6-12 months depending on visa type. once again, congrats!!
Re: Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines by akinbileakeem: 7:15pm On Jul 04, 2012
what is the next step.... i collected my assessment letter from vettess. pls here is my akinbileakeem@yahoo.co.uk....... someone should help me.
Re: Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines by akinbileakeem: 7:19pm On Jul 04, 2012
UBKtech:

Congrats bro, for those of us preparing to apply, SkillSelect has brought great news. Processing times have been drastically reduced to 6-12 months depending on visa type. once again, congrats!!

what is the next step.... i collected my assessment letter from vettess. pls here is my akinbileakeem@yahoo.co.uk....... someone should help me.
Re: Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 04, 2012
akinbileakeem:

You need to register you Expression of Interest (EOI)on this website : www.skillselect.gov.au and wait for your invitation to apply. BTW, what is your score on the points test??
Re: Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines by TMoni1(m): 3:01pm On Jul 06, 2012
akinbileakeem:

akinbileakeem:

I will suggest you go for regional sponsored visa, its much more faster than any other visa class.
So your next step is to do your IELTS and after that you apply to any state/regional govt of your chioce for sponsorship. when you get a suitable reply from them, then you can go ahead and do you EOI. best of luck

thanks bro!
Re: Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines by TMoni1(m): 3:03pm On Jul 06, 2012
akinbileakeem:

akinbileakeem:

I will suggest you go for regional sponsored visa, its much more faster than any other visa class.
So your next step is to do your IELTS and after that you apply to any state/regional govt of your chioce for sponsorship. when you get a suitable reply from them, then you can go ahead and do you EOI. best of luck
Re: Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines by osram(m): 8:12am On Jul 07, 2012
Pls i hav a national diploma in food science and technology,am i eligible to apply?
Re: Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines by muhdT: 6:26pm On Jul 07, 2012
I have National Diploma in science laboratory technology and also have Intermediate certificate of The National Association of British and Irish Millers Flour Milling Examination with 3 yrs working experience in flour milling and 1 yr experience in food production. I'm also a member of International Association of Operative Millers. Am i eligible to apply for the australia immigration skilled programme? Pls house, do help with reply. See you all the top.
Re: Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 08, 2012
muhd. T:
I have National Diploma in science laboratory technology and also have Intermediate certificate of The National Association of British and Irish Millers Flour Milling Examination with 3 yrs working experience in flour milling and 1 yr experience in food production. I'm also a member of International Association of Operative Millers. Am i eligible to apply for the australia immigration skilled programme? Pls house, do help with reply. See you all the top.

To be able to migrate under the Australian General Skilled Migration (GSM)you must nominate an occupation on the skilled occupation list SOL and obtained suitable assessment from the designated assessing authority for that occupation.

Please nominate an occupation on the attached SOL and contact the relevant assessing authority for guidance on the assessment process.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Domestic Airlines Barred From Flying Foreign-registered Planes / I Wish Someone Could Sponsor Me / 7 Ways To Avoid Trailer Accidents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 195
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.