Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

What Religious Doctrine Do You Dislike The Most? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Religious Doctrine Do You Dislike The Most? (1048 Views)

Islamic State Has Made Rape A Central Part Of Its Religious Doctrine / Has The State Of Your Country Made You Question Religious Doctrine? / Religious Doctrine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Religious Doctrine Do You Dislike The Most? by mazaje(m): 10:59pm On Apr 20, 2012
This is for the atheist and agnostics in the house. . . .What religious doctrine do you dislike most and why. . . .

Mine is the apocalypse doctrine which is the belief that the world is doomed, and nothing we do will change it, and all changes we made will be removed and permanently replaced with some "god"'s version of perfection (so as to prevent anyone from wanting to make the world a better place for those here now). . . .

I also abhor the doctrine of jihad. . . . It makes killing people acceptable to people that will normally find it completely unacceptable, as long as you are indoctrinated and made to believe that your enemies are also the enemies of your god and he wants them killed, killing for god then becomes acceptable. . . .

I dislike the new pentecostal sow money and reap abundant blessing nonsense...makes me sick......
Re: What Religious Doctrine Do You Dislike The Most? by emofine2(f): 11:22pm On Apr 20, 2012
Well personally I’ve always been a little wary of this idea of compulsory love – worship me or perish sounds like extortion to me.

A being that had engineered the whole system so deliberately limited the available options to eternal subjugation or perpetual torture appears pretty conceited to me.

But I guess that's how I interpret the message.

1 Like

Re: What Religious Doctrine Do You Dislike The Most? by mkmyers45(m): 11:32pm On Apr 20, 2012
The God permits Evil he created to tear the world apart yet we perish for falling for evil which he clearly created to trap an adam who didnt know good or evil sounds phony to me.....The God is omnipotent,omnipresence and science stuff is drab..dosen't make sense at all
Re: What Religious Doctrine Do You Dislike The Most? by mazaje(m): 3:43am On Apr 21, 2012
emöfine2: Well personally I’ve always been a little wary of this idea of compulsory love – worship me or perish sounds like extortion to me.

A being that had engineered the whole system so deliberately limited the available options to eternal subjugation or perpetual torture appears pretty conceited to me.

But I guess that's how I interpret the message.

The compulsory love thingy is kind of crazy no doubt. . .The doctrine of offering or sacrificing unto god sounds silly as well. . .Why offer or sacrifice to something or somebody that is alleged to have everything?. . .Pure nonsense. . .
Re: What Religious Doctrine Do You Dislike The Most? by LogicMind: 9:38am On Apr 21, 2012
virgin birth is the worst in my opinion.
if your fiancee came and told you a coco-and-bull story about how her belle was from a holy spirit, i dare you to believe that!
shiiiiiiiiit!
Re: What Religious Doctrine Do You Dislike The Most? by thehomer: 9:56am On Apr 21, 2012
For me, it is the idea of faith. It nullifies any sort of rational discussion while keeping people ignorant and unwilling to learn.
Re: What Religious Doctrine Do You Dislike The Most? by 2good(m): 10:11am On Apr 21, 2012
1.People claiming authority of knowledge based on their reading of ancient books written by some illiterate nomads in the middle east,alleged to have been inspired by some holy spirit centuries before our existence.
2.Throwing away all rational reasoning because it contradicts what their holy books says.
3.Insulting people that refuse to accept their teachings as the only way to eternal life.
4.Exclusive ownership of the true god and damnation of worshipper of other gods.
Re: What Religious Doctrine Do You Dislike The Most? by mazaje(m): 1:01pm On Apr 21, 2012
Logic Mind: virgin birth is the worst in my opinion.
if your fiancee came and told you a coco-and-bull story about how her belle was from a holy spirit, i dare you to believe that!
shiiiiiiiiit!

Virgin birth. . .lol. . .those that believe in miracles will not find it hard to accept that. . . .
Re: What Religious Doctrine Do You Dislike The Most? by DeepSight(m): 1:32pm On Apr 21, 2012
I simply cannot stand ideas which refer to humans as Almighty God. Can't understand why we see local myths for what they are and yet embrace foreign myths so ardently that we gaze with terror on anyone who denies those myths. Such as the virgin birth. Such as remission of sins by the death on the cross. Its really unimaginable. What really gets me is the fact that rejection of these ridiculous beliefs can actually make one a pariah in this society. If one is not careful, it will even become diufficult to get married to a decent woman of respectable background.
Re: What Religious Doctrine Do You Dislike The Most? by Jenwitemi(m): 3:36pm On Apr 21, 2012
1) Point of correction, bro. Illiterate normads can't write books. Just saying.
2good: 1.People claiming authority of knowledge based on their reading of ancient books written by some illiterate nomads in the middle east,alleged to have been inspired by some holy spirit centuries before our existence.
Re: What Religious Doctrine Do You Dislike The Most? by mazaje(m): 4:19pm On Apr 21, 2012
^^
The authors of the bible and koran can not be put together in the same sentence with the word Illiterate. . . .They were highly educated people with limited knowledge compared to what we know now. . . .
Re: What Religious Doctrine Do You Dislike The Most? by Jenwitemi(m): 4:44pm On Apr 21, 2012
Limited knowledge? Are you sure about that? I believe they know a lot more than we give them credit for. Much much more.
mazaje: ^^
The authors of the bible and koran can not be put together in the same sentence with the word Illiterate. . . .They were highly educated people with limited knowledge compared to what we know now. . . .
Re: What Religious Doctrine Do You Dislike The Most? by 2good(m): 4:48pm On Apr 21, 2012
mazaje: ^^
I agree with you there. They interpreted the world within the confine of their understanding back then. But in this current era of enlightenment, it is strange that educated people still accept those ancient stories even after many of them have been shattered by science for centuries.
Re: What Religious Doctrine Do You Dislike The Most? by Jenwitemi(m): 4:54pm On Apr 21, 2012
That is their genius, isn't it? To put together a book made of anonymously written texts that still hold sway on so many people 2 millenia later is no mean fit. Try doing that today.
2good:
I agree with you there. They interpreted the world within the confine of their understanding back then. But in this current era of enlightenment, it is strange that educated people still accept those ancient stories even after many of them have been shattered by science for centuries.
Re: What Religious Doctrine Do You Dislike The Most? by 2good(m): 5:01pm On Apr 21, 2012
Jenwitemi: That is their genius, isn't it? To put together a book made of anonymously written texts that still hold sway on so many people 2 millenia later is no mean fit. Try doing that today.
It is a product of indoctrination forced on people from birth. Even non religious adults in Nigeria are afraid of expressing their non believe because of the stigma attached to it.
Re: What Religious Doctrine Do You Dislike The Most? by emofine2(f): 5:25pm On Apr 21, 2012
2good: 4.Exclusive ownership of the true god and damnation of worshipper of other gods.
+1
Re: What Religious Doctrine Do You Dislike The Most? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 21, 2012
Doubting is a sin and it will result in eternal damnation. The idea of living forever in some utopian kingdom. The idea of an utopian kingdom itself is an oxymoron. It's more like living under an eternal dictatorship and kissing the dictators a$$ constantly. If there is such a place, there will definitely be an uprising. I wonder if yhwh's dictatroship is what drove lucifer berserk and led to his expulsion from heaven.
smiley
Re: What Religious Doctrine Do You Dislike The Most? by MyJoe: 7:04pm On Apr 21, 2012
Deep Sight:
I simply cannot stand ideas which refer to humans as Almighty God. Can't understand why we see local myths for what they are and yet embrace foreign myths so ardently that we gaze with terror on anyone who denies those myths. Such as the virgin birth. Such as remission of sins by the death on the cross. Its really unimaginable. What really gets me is the fact that rejection of these ridiculous beliefs can actually make one a pariah in this society. If one is not careful, it will even become diufficult to get married to a decent woman of respectable background.

Guy, no be only you see am o!
Re: What Religious Doctrine Do You Dislike The Most? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 21, 2012
Re: What Religious Doctrine Do You Dislike The Most? by LogicMind: 7:32pm On Apr 21, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^bla, bla, bla
Re: What Religious Doctrine Do You Dislike The Most? by Atheists: 7:35pm On Apr 21, 2012
Faith. That one is the root of all irrational thought. Plus submission, that too l hate with a passion.

1 Like

Re: What Religious Doctrine Do You Dislike The Most? by Kay17: 8:43am On Apr 22, 2012
Unquestioning worship of a paper idol
Re: What Religious Doctrine Do You Dislike The Most? by Jenwitemi(m): 9:02am On Apr 22, 2012
That the universal creator is the God of Israel. That stinks to high heavens to me since i was a kid. If God is the deity of Israel, then HE is not the universal creator. It is like pushing Shango down the throat of the world populace as the universal creator just a book said so. Complete nonsense.
Re: What Religious Doctrine Do You Dislike The Most? by wirinet(m): 10:29am On Apr 22, 2012
That you could commit atrocities (sin) and get away with it with no consequences whatsoever, all you have to do is confess your sins (not specific but a general statement), accept a mythical Caucasian man as your lord and saviour and submit your mind to the founder of the church you made these submissions. The very principle goes against all common sense and even wise philosophical doctrines of the past like karma and cause and effect law.

I believe this doctrine has done the most damage to mankind as it kills the conscience of murderers, robbers, cheats, etc, as you can always sin and ask for forgiveness (especially if you are caught), and all guilt will disappear from the mind.

Then the concept of same punishment for small and large sin is obnoxious. How can you prescribe the same punishment for a person who told a small lie and a person who commits mass murder? If we apply the Christian god's laws in our courts, it would be senseless indeed.

Another stupid one is that the Christian god loves us UNCONDITIONALLY ,on the condition that we must love and accept his son first, then accept a free gift of the holy spirit, then go to church, pray and praise him ceaselessly, pay tithes, offerings etc, and we must submit our mind body and soul to men of god.
Re: What Religious Doctrine Do You Dislike The Most? by Gracie1818(f): 10:53am On Apr 22, 2012
I hate the satanic belief system that Promises a paradise of 72 virgins and alcohol after the murder of men,women,children,boys and girls.

It is the biggest religious scam orgnised by Satan who wants many souls in his bloody kingdom

(1) (Reply)

Religious Intolerance Vs Islam Vs Christianity / Sabbath Day : Saturday Or Sunday? / Something Mysterious About 'ember' Month Periods?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.