Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors (12976 Views)

Economy Downturn: Redeploy Adeosun From Finance Ministry , Group Tells Buhari / Buhari Yet To Give Finance Ministry Details Of Recovered Loot — Adeosun / Diezani Alison-Madueke Indicted Over N310billion Illegal Subsidy Payment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by deenee: 11:01am On Apr 22, 2012
Talk is cheap. Why are people calling for NOI's head? She became minister for finance for a second around July 2011 and didn't even settle down to face the task ahead because of she was accused of one false allegation or the other and I can still recall the names or aliases of some NLders who jumped on the band wagon and were screaming crucify her crucify her. Whilst on the other hand, the subsidy probe under investigation is from an earlier period. More so why are we requesting for a reversal in pump price when that is what paved way for the fraud in the first place. First law of Economics states that there is no such thing as a free lunch because somebody somewhere will pay for it. For those still in the dark and I want to assume that a lot of us are it is alleged that some of these marketers brought in tankers of water passing it up for fuel whilst some were rounding tripping hence the in ability to actually estimate our daily average consumption. The decision to sack the accounting firms and set up commitees made up of technocrats that know and understand how the business works is a step in the right direction. The era of political appointees occupying sensitive positions in this country should no longer be encouraged. People that are capable of performing on the job with a precedence should be allowed to do so. Finally for those calling for a reversal in pump price, bear this in mind, Nigeria is a member of OPEC and selling at the prevailing international market price is maybe the only solution to this subsidy scam without any government intervention. God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by Okijajuju1(m): 11:03am On Apr 22, 2012
SOOOOOO!!

Where is OCCUPY NIGERIA?!!!

Where is SAVE NIGERIA GROUP?!!!

Where are those opposition POLITICAL GROUPS MASQUERADING as NGO's/activist movements?!

Buncha hypocrites!!

Na only to buy awoof fuel them sabi!!
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by jonzy1(m): 11:05am On Apr 22, 2012
Bad news for me, now I'll be on deliotte employment waiting list forever
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 22, 2012
tuniski: THAT IS WHY GLOBAL CERTIFICATION WITH BEST PRACTISE SHOULD BE THE NORM IN NIGERIA NOT ICAN THAT IS BEING RUBBISHED WITH THESE REVELATION!!!!! ACCA, CFA and THE LIKE SHOULD BE ENCOURAGE NOT THIS ANAN,ICAN STUFF!!!
True to an extent but remember Arthur Andersson went under for commiting a similar offence and it was not a Nigerian firm. The issue is Nigeria is an over-certificated country where emphasis is on paper qualification. Integrity has been turned into a mere academic exercise in this country. Love of money is the order of the day and truthfulness is now equal to foolishness.
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 22, 2012
LeoMax: How do you punish a thief without evaluated and audited report from an Auditing firm ? Thats where Akintola William came in and took bribe to falsify books! I said we burn their offices nationwide! I got petrol, who has lighter?
dis will only happen if naija was τ̅☺ be UK. But unfurtunately, most Nigerians r clueless on Ђδω best τ̅☺ deal with corruption, yet,they r quick τ̅☺ label GEJ as clueless. IRONICALLY, am watchin †ЂΞ live service of T.B JOSHUA's EMMANUEL TV NOW. †ЂΞ prophet said GOD wants τ̅☺ bring judgement on corruption I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Nigeria! He specifically said, before June 1, nigerians will begins τ̅☺ see judgement on corruption. Hallelujah! GEJ Ȋ̝̊̅§ God sent!
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by Konnektions146(m): 11:15am On Apr 22, 2012
dayohope1:
BUT RATHER D PERSON DAT WAS SUPOSE 2 'SHOUT THIEF' Please explain this phrase.
meanin thats de auditing firms were suppose to detect or point out de fraudulent activities andd ddnt do so for reasons best known to den(bribe or oversight).

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 22, 2012
Konnektions146:
meanin thats de auditing firms were suppose to detect or point out de fraudulent activities andd ddnt do so for reasons best known to den(bribe or oversight).
Thanks for your response and sincerity.
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by Konnektions146(m): 11:24am On Apr 22, 2012
jon_zy: Bad news for me, now I'll be on deliotte employment waiting list forever

dont givee up, ur miracle is sure on de way, de Lord God who started it in yur life surely will finish it.......HE is not a GOD of abanndoned projects.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 22, 2012
ACTIVITY... Let's see how far they can rascal before they hit the brick wall hard.
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by olajide8(m): 11:32am On Apr 22, 2012
klas:

The work done by Deloitte and the other firm on fuel importation is not the normal end of year financial audit but routine everyday on the spot verification of fuel importation at the ports just like internal auditing. It is more of consultancy than auditing. Infact, they would need to deploy more non-accounting personnel than accounting ones for the assignment.

Note that Deloitte is not just an auditing/accounting firm but multi-disciplinary group like Pricewaterhouse, kpmg ernest & young. that is why they can advertise their business or print calendars. Some things that are forbidden by ICAN for instance
Well I guess I am a little in the dark, with reference to their services, but what were they appointed for to duplicate the function of PPPRA or out rightly do it? because they are supposed to forward all these to the minister of petroleum through a government agency, and if they are acting as agents on behalf of their principal PPPRA, then their should have been another organisation auditing them and their daily activities with specific standards for inspection from time to time.
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by Ikology(m): 12:02pm On Apr 22, 2012
Okija_juju: SOOOOOO!!

Where are those opposition POLITICAL GROUPS MASQUERADING as NGO's/activist movements?!

Buncha hypocrites!!

And on NL,where is DEMdem
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by Ikology(m): 12:03pm On Apr 22, 2012
Okija_juju: SOOOOOO!!

Buncha hypocrites!!

And on NL,where is DEMdem?
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by Pukkah: 12:31pm On Apr 22, 2012
Where are those who said Occupy Nigeria was a mere jamboree and did not achieve anything?
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by Reference(m): 12:38pm On Apr 22, 2012
rennylaw: I call that leaving the substance and chasing the shadow. When do we want to start getting things right in dis country? Leave audit firms out of this and let's prosecute the subsidy thieves. God bless Nigeria

It is this kind of thing that angers me. What do you mean by leave audit firms out. Were they not paid to check. If they are not complicit, they are grossly incompetent. Will you tolerate this in your private business and allow your suppliers tear you down in full view of the auditors you pay.

Well Cadbury and its shareholders suffered similar fate. These criminals should be prosecuted including the bankers that drove the get-away car. Enough is enough. There should be tighter anti-laundering laws in Nigeria because the private sector is nose in trough with some government officials to ruin this country. Nonsense. Utter rubbish. Then they will come out and slag government for corruption.

I bet there are members of staff working for those firms who come to this forum to play hypo.
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by buchai: 12:52pm On Apr 22, 2012
There are nothing gud in Nigeria now everything ve been eaten up by Cabals, the question now is, how can we put in to use the ones we ve now so that our children yet unborn will put meaning into this country called Nigeria.
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by Reference(m): 12:52pm On Apr 22, 2012
We have a serious integrity problem in Nigeria. We complain that the stock market has tanked while others are recoverin from recession. With this kind of revelation, why not. There is no confidence whatsoever in the financial markets. Everything is fake. I just pity those who hawk all matter of investments. These auditing firms are making their jobs much harder. Only tough laws and tough prosecutions will restore confidence. We are gradually chopping ourselves into extinction.
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by ChineduNlem(m): 12:56pm On Apr 22, 2012
Konnektions146:

dont givee up, ur miracle is sure on de way, de Lord God who started it in yur life surely will finish it.......HE is not a GOD of abanndoned projects.

Good luck
that means this God is not in nigeria and our country was never started by God. What happened to the siemens and halliburton case that the previous govt killed? Or the petroleum bill? Or power probe? Need i name more abandoned projects? My point is this govt stood out to do what even obj will not dare. It exposed the extent of corruption in abuja. from pension to fuel. This people don kill us. now we know our enemies. small small all sectors will be touched even NYSC. All that's needed for evil to survive is for good men to do nothing. Gej de try open up, una still de curse am for money wey dem chop since 2009.
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by Kobojunkie: 1:22pm On Apr 22, 2012
okpurukata: Are you sensible at all, or just think other readers are daft. The write up says that the audit firms were also engaged to verify the authenticity of claims. I have auditors in my office. They go all the way to confirm even hotel expenses when in doubt. The simple fact is that the audit firms are complicit in corruption and should be charged accordingly. Let us remove ethnicity for a while and be objective about issues. Good one NOI.

Unfortunately, the poster you quoted is on the mark, and you are wrong. He is right about the job of an accounting firm, and seems to be the most common sense post on this, when you consider the many people accusing Akintola of cooking the books. The Accounting firm does not have the constitutional right to do the job of the Finance ministry which is what was made clear in the Subsidy probe report.

Those pointing out the many past cases against the Akintola firm, please realize that your Government was PERFECTLY aware of all the stories you all are here telling of the Accounting firm, and the very details of each case,even as it made the decision to hire this firm to handling it's accounting back in 2009/2010. Also, this accounting firm is an Accounting firm, as someone quite rightly pointed out and not a PETROLEUM SALES VERIFICATION AND CONFIRMATION company, as some of you are trying to insinuate.
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by Kobojunkie: 1:24pm On Apr 22, 2012
rennylaw: I call that leaving the substance and chasing the shadow. When do we want to start getting things right in dis country? Leave audit firms out of this and let's prosecute the subsidy thieves. God bless Nigeria

Lol . . . This is Nigeria, that is what majority of the people are good for. You just drop those crumbs on the floor and many of will forget their brain even.

I agree with you . . . this AUDIT firm is likely being made a scape goat here.
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by Kobojunkie: 1:25pm On Apr 22, 2012
Eazee-e:

[size=13pt]D work of an audit firm is merely 2 examine d books of d ministry n make decision as 2 d fairness of d records as wel as make recommendation 2 d ministry i.e discover fraud n report if possible which dey fail 2 deliver & not 2 b givin figures as u mention above. I TEL U D MAIN THIEF HAS NOT BEEN TOUCHED BUT RATHER D PERSON DAT WAS SUPOSE 2 'SHOUT THIEF' BUT FAIL 2 SHOUT DAT WAS KICKED. dats exactly wat dey always do 2 fool d masses into believing dey re serious in fightin corruption & belief me notin happens 2 d main criminals. [/size]i wonder y u re too myopic in ur reasoning n always go watever extent 2 convince d nairalanders into believing evri govt action as d best option available even wen its not.

Glad there are those still using their brains correctly . . . . grin
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by ikkkkk: 1:34pm On Apr 22, 2012
IS IT ONLY SACK LETTERS THAT THEY WILL GET.? PUT THEM IN DETENTION AT ONCE. WHERE IS EFCC SEF
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by PHIPEX(m): 1:38pm On Apr 22, 2012
Why will a professional firm like Akintola Williams join the corrupt politicians and marketers to steal our fund. This is a very bad news for that firm because it maybe a few of their staff that may have sold their conscience to the marketers and now the company will pay. With this I believe many of the private sector cabals are the ones aiding the political cabals to ruin our country. That Audit firm was trusted by whoever appointed them to police our fuel importers but we have seen the outcome. Kudos to the Presidency!!
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by mygsmnairacom(m): 1:59pm On Apr 22, 2012
If the system itself is not overhauled, I don't care who the auditor is, the same issues are going to come up tomorrow.
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by onyengbu: 2:51pm On Apr 22, 2012
Demdem: Actually, the sacking ought to have commenced from both the Petroleum minister and the finance minister . Both are culpable.

Please can you tell us how she is culpable. In details please, no hearsay abeg.
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by Concept(m): 2:55pm On Apr 22, 2012
Love of money is the order of the day and truthfulness is now equal to foolishness.

I love this. Such perception is common in the workplace, they referred to fellow who fits into the description as 'not smart' Though it is in Nigeria context. So when you see anybody being referred to as smart in your workplace, he is likely to be stealing for himself & the boss.
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by Beaf: 3:06pm On Apr 22, 2012
Chinedu Nlem:
that means this God is not in nigeria and our country was never started by God. What happened to the siemens and halliburton case that the previous govt killed? Or the petroleum bill? Or power probe? Need i name more abandoned projects? My point is this govt stood out to do what even obj will not dare. It exposed the extent of corruption in abuja. from pension to fuel. This people don kill us. now we know our enemies. small small all sectors will be touched even NYSC. All that's needed for evil to survive is for good men to do nothing. Gej de try open up, una still de curse am for money wey dem chop since 2009.
It is quite clear who those blaming GEJ for making these sincere expositions on corruption are working for. What other govt would have introduced biometrics that revealed billions going into ghost accounts in the civil service; the eye popping fraud in the petroleum sector etc?
99% of GEJ's maniacally vehement detractors are political jobbers with gutter morals who would sell their souls for the price of a loaf.
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by Kabai: 3:09pm On Apr 22, 2012
Let Madam Ngozi sack more of them. As I am here now, I am crying for Nigeria. In fact, I wouldn't mind to lead a revolution to stop the situation of things in Nigeria. May God expose the fraudsters who wouldn't let the economy grow.
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by Konnektions146(m): 3:20pm On Apr 22, 2012
Chinedu Nlem:
i was actually makin reference to de guy dat said from de look of things, that he will be in de employment waiting list of Delliote forever and not de case at hand.

i am well aware of de state of corruption in nigeria, all dese probes are well revealing , just that it seemms dat no much of an action is taken, if u watch de current pension probe, yu will as well be shocked,
a lot is happening and i believe more will still open.

read my prevvious comments on dis thread and u undastand my stand on de issue.

thanks
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by tuniski: 3:22pm On Apr 22, 2012
Well let it be said loud that while d likes of anthur andersen went under for bad practise, but akintola williams will even grow bigger in nigeria cos of dis ican/anan bohaha! So naija will suffer for it! An entire nation being messed up by so call locally certified professionals in an era of world best practise!
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by olafusimic(m): 3:25pm On Apr 22, 2012
ikkkkk: IS IT ONLY SACK LETTERS THAT THEY WILL GET.? PUT THEM IN DETENTION AT ONCE. WHERE IS EFCC SEF

No no, it's where is UK court?
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by aryzgreat: 3:28pm On Apr 22, 2012
God will continue blessing NOI for us, a profet is not recognised in his home. This fraud she is exposing was committed by OBJ when he noticed NOI wuldnt bulge into his corrupt tendencies, he drafted her to anoda ministry which led to her resignation, now she is back to square one exposing naija corruption.

We all need to support this woman for once and shun this our ethnic sentiment.

God bless naija!
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by buchai: 3:58pm On Apr 22, 2012
Dont say am sounding bigot, in all ds corruption saga one region has been favoured another "accomplice follower" others are been left behind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NIPOST Now Charges N500 For Any Parcel You Receieve / Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State / EFCC Probes Illegal Transfer Of N216.7m From CBN To Fake Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.