Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,097 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors (12978 Views)

Economy Downturn: Redeploy Adeosun From Finance Ministry , Group Tells Buhari / Buhari Yet To Give Finance Ministry Details Of Recovered Loot — Adeosun / Diezani Alison-Madueke Indicted Over N310billion Illegal Subsidy Payment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by member479760: 2:43am On Apr 23, 2012
Retardeens are chasing rats while the bigotries are celebrating Hallelujah, same people that bribe/overpaid the auditors to publish what they want to here sacking them.

To those questioning the fairness of the auditors look at it in this way - Auditor work on available data you supply, if you supply fake data you will have a result based on fake data.
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by Beaf: 2:48am On Apr 23, 2012
nakedall: Retardeens are chasing rats while the bigotries are celebrating Hallelujah, same people that bribe/overpaid the auditors to publish what they want to here sacking them.

To those questioning the fairness of the auditors look at it in this way - Auditor work on available data you supply, if you supply fake data you will have a result based on fake data.
So, you get people to submit fake data and then sack them? How does that help maintain the secret?
Sometimes you've just got to wonder at the foolish things people say.

Is one of your family members called retardeen? I know one Alhaji Adeleke Demdem Retardeen, he might be your cousin, brother or uncle.
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by naijaking1: 3:00am On Apr 23, 2012
The war against corruption has been started by the GEJ administration. To all those trying to detract or divert the attention of the brave women soldiers in the cabinet, beware.
It take guts, baaalllsss, and real mojo to openly disgrace a national icon like Akintola Williams AW: a company that has since passed its prime as an accounting firm. I say good job Ngozi, and GEJ. To challange AW in Nigeria must have been like challanging a rotten Goliath on its own terriotory

(I challenge AW or its loud mouth tribal supporters to release figures implicating either the minister of the president if you have such in your possesion. Don't suffer in vain, fight back and release your own bombshell for the full benefit of Nigerians).

Shame to Demdem and his group calling for Ngozi's removal a few days ago, they must have had a suspicion of her intended action. Well, carryon Ngozi carryon, clean house well, well. Spare no sacred cows, because their beef is the most juicy!

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by klas(m): 6:11am On Apr 23, 2012
[b]@naijaking1. So Deloitte Akintola Williams is a tribal firm? Ernst & Young, kpmg, pricewaterhouse, panel Kerr Forster are what? White man firms? It may interest you to note that Akintola left the firm almost thirty years ago after having led the place for more than 30 years also. He is over 90 now.The firm under him established branches not only in Nigeria but many west and east/central African countries no wonder it is hub of Deloitte operation in west and central Africa.

For your information too, Deloitte is 2nd largest professional service in the world, so the firm has not passed its prime.

@olajide07 and kobojunkie. In their positions as verification auditors for pppra, Deloitte and adekanola firms are just like extension or field staff of pppra. They work with live data (must be present when ship are discharging at the jetties and sign discharge sheet) not on historical data that external auditors work with.

To a very large extent, it can be said that pppra head-office and ministry of finance in abuja rely principally on their work to make payment for subsidy both as 'field staff' and independent firms. If there is any false claim of subsidy without discharge and it is proved that they signed the false discharge sheet (which they must have also confirmed the second time as required by subsidy claims procedure), then, they are not only negligent but criminally liable.[/b]
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by igboboy1(m): 6:17am On Apr 23, 2012
nakedall: Retardeens are chasing rats while the bigotries are celebrating Hallelujah, same people that bribe/overpaid the auditors to publish what they want to here sacking them.

See your reasoning....no wonder nigerial will never progress..

Here in the states when ENRON did their maradonna bungles, their auditor Arthur Andersen (which one of the big 5 accounting firms in the world at that time) had to be dismantle...

Akintola & co need to be dismantle cos i strongly believe they are in cohoot with this corruption eroding the national conscience on this subsidy matter...

Well, if Akintola was supplied fake docs, it is the responsibility of the auditor to work with "professional skepticism" and in nigerian that can never be over emphasised.
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by Demdem(m): 8:28am On Apr 23, 2012
naijaking1: The war against corruption has been started by the GEJ administration. To all those trying to detract or divert the attention of the brave women soldiers in the cabinet, beware.
It take guts, baaalllsss, and real mojo to openly disgrace a national icon like Akintola Williams AW: a company that has since passed its prime as an accounting firm. I say good job Ngozi, and GEJ. To challange AW in Nigeria must have been like challanging a rotten Goliath on its own terriotory

(I challenge AW or its loud mouth tribal supporters to release figures implicating either the minister of the president if you have such in your possesion. Don't suffer in vain, fight back and release your own bombshell for the full benefit of Nigerians).

Shame to Demdem and his group calling for Ngozi's removal a few days ago, they must have had a suspicion of her intended action. Well, carryon Ngozi carryon, clean house well, well. Spare no sacred cows, because their beef is the most juicy!

After reading up all the post on this thread, the best u can still come up with is this crap. U are irredeemably bias. Suite ursef.
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by olajide8(m): 9:16am On Apr 23, 2012
Beaf:
Abeg, lie small small na! angry
Is there a year since you were born that pensioners have not screamed?

Answer that honestly, then realise that GEJ's govt not only set up a probe panel, but introduced biometric id's as well. Give credit where it is due.
If my memory isn't failing me steve orosanye started the biometric and he was the HOS under yar adua, he is a fellow of ICAN, and a technocratic to the core, the stealing of pension funds, like you said, has been taking place maybe before I was born, thou I doubt it, and had always existed in some form or another, but since civil rule, it spiraled out of hand, in other words what the military stole since their incursion into power, your PDP people/goons stole in 4 yrs, of being in power talkless of 12yrs, if you don't know shiaub is a member of PDP and had picked up the senatorial nomination form before this issue bursted in his face, furthermore, with the help of these people, most of the challenges with regards pension started during, IBB down sizing exercise which affected the military officers in 1993/94 and civil servants, if you don't know, even when pension allowances were increased over the years this increment was not effected and that is why people were always complaining,(they were told they would get allowances and it still didn't show they found out it was being paid from the federation account but they did see it) which they even admitted to, so what exactly are you trying to get at? When GEJ wanted to manipulate the office of the speaker -by given it to an incompetent person (that useless woman or is it man that killed the elemulu power probe as being incompetent )the house resisted him and you tell me he has control over the house? I beg to differ, he is trying to gain control over the house by instigating tunes of impeachment against the speaker for showing what we nigerian's already now is rampant his frolicking and caressing of corrupt associates and you come here to talk Mr "Newbie" beaf u need serious deliverance for you have not only sinned against nigerian's but you have lost your conscience.
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by putro(m): 10:37am On Apr 23, 2012
Of which profession do you know in nigeria that has not been given a bad name. Bad name seems not to affect our judgmental consciousness again.In fact we celebrate it .
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by putro(m): 10:39am On Apr 23, 2012
naijaking1: The war against corruption has been started by the GEJ administration. To all those trying to detract or divert the attention of the brave women soldiers in the cabinet, beware.

Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by Kobojunkie: 10:50am On Apr 23, 2012
klas: @olajide07 and kobojunkie. In their positions as verification auditors for pppra, Deloitte and adekanola firms are just like extension or field staff of pppra. They work with live data (must be present when ship are discharging at the jetties and sign discharge sheet) not on historical data that external auditors work with.

To a very large extent, it can be said that pppra head-office and ministry of finance in abuja rely principally on their work to make payment for subsidy both as 'field staff' and independent firms. If there is any false claim of subsidy without discharge and it is proved that they signed the false discharge sheet (which they must have also confirmed the second time as required by subsidy claims procedure), then, they are not only negligent but criminally liable.

Let's please spare each other the lectures and get down to sharing facts we know of, shall we??

Granted contracting firms are extensions of the staff at their contractee, however that does not then imply the Contractor handles all the work that belongs to the contractee or that the contractor has the power constitutionally bestowed on the contractee.

Where you claim they work with live data, I disagree given that during the subsidy probe, the Minister and coodinator of the Economy revealed that much of the data was not live. Also the KPMG report suggested that a huge chunk of the data into the accounting system came in more than 60-days old, due to delays in verification by the FAAA.

On verification of product to be sold at the docks, I have not read anywhere that information at those points, were falsified by the auditors, so I would not have much to say there. However, I do know that, the major complaint has been that the amount of product sold is not accurately recorded. I have also not seen reports to suggest that these same auditors were also in charge of this, so I will wait to read more.

I don't think it matters how much the ministry relied on the auditing firms to handle it's constitutional duties. Not until we are clear on what power the ministry had given the contractors, and how far they were allowed to go, can we better access the situation. However, we do know that the Nigerian people were bilked of possibly billions by a Government process that supposedly had checks and balances in place,yet so many failures.
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by putro(m): 11:00am On Apr 23, 2012
How in the world did a foolish small-minded jerk like you find your way to this forum . Only fools praise fools. Mumu
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by naijaking1: 12:49pm On Apr 23, 2012
klas: @naijaking1. So Deloitte Akintola Williams is a tribal firm? Ernst & Young, kpmg, pricewaterhouse, panel Kerr Forster are what? White man firms? It may interest you to note that Akintola left the firm almost thirty years ago after having led the place for more than 30 years also. He is over 90 now.The firm under him established branches not only in Nigeria but many west and east/central African countries no wonder it is hub of Deloitte operation in west and central Africa.

For your information too, Deloitte is 2nd largest professional service in the world, so the firm has not passed its prime.

I didn't call AW a tribal firm, please go back and re-read my statement. Given the usual N/L antecedents, I know there're some tribalist here who would always think tribe first before reason.
My challenge goes to all accounting firms: national and international alike. There's no question that AW has been a gold standard in account firm practises in Nigeria for a long time. When gold standard doesn't live up to its own standards, it needs to be replaced. Simple.
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by merengue: 1:26pm On Apr 23, 2012
You people should read before making idiotic conclusions. Akintola Williams has been retired from the firm for over 20 years, his name was kept as a mark of respect. The firm is now 100% owned by Deloitte and Touche. I support that they should be sanctioned, same too should go for the oil marketing firms as well.
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by klas(m): 1:30pm On Apr 23, 2012
@naijaking1 The highlighted below was why I thought you called Akintola Williams tribal. If you didn't mean it that way, so be it. Cheers

Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by aljharem(m): 1:32pm On Apr 23, 2012
klas: @naijaking1 The highlighted below was why I thought you called Akintola Williams tribal. If you didn't mean it that way, so be it. Cheers

he meant every word of it, he is one big loser grin grin grin
Re: Subsidy Payment: Finance Ministry Sacks Akintola Williams & Other Auditors by Revolutnz: 2:17pm On Apr 23, 2012
Beaf: Akintola Williams and Adekanola and Co were the ones that supplied falsified figures for the oil marketing cabal.
They did the same for the House of Reps committee.

With the sacking of Akintola Williams and Adekanola and Co, it is certain that we have not heard the last of the subsidy saga. The bigger fish involved will also be caught and brought to book. cool

Agreed the fisherman will catch the bigger fish and even the biggest fish. But who will catch the fisherman?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chibok Girls : We Are Not Against Third Party Dialogue – Jonathan / ‎Lasun Dismisses Defection Rumour / Governor Abdulrazaq Sacks 16 LG Chairmen, Kwara PDP Kicks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.