Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,904 members, 7,866,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 05:40 PM

Ten Great Things About Dating Older Women - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ten Great Things About Dating Older Women (20947 Views)

Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating / Older Women Vs Younger Women. Guys, Which Do You Prefer? / Younger Men Dating Older Women - Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Great Things About Dating Older Women by justwise(m): 8:14am On Apr 22, 2012
freshmoney: Nigeria situation has led many guys to do such. I am not talking about poverty here, but dishonesty, materialism and infidelity of Nigerian young girls.

You always see them around fixing Brazilian hair, clutching on blackberry phones, munching on chewing gum as if they are cursed. They really want a stable place to live in for the rest of their lives. They want to maintain the 'BIG GIRL' status.

When unemployed young graduate approaches them and they notice he's not RICH, they embarrass him. Nigerian girls have logically told all Nigerian men to make enough money before dating them. And what does that entail? Wouldn't it rather be better dating a much older woman who will love you for who you are than all those blackberry clutching Nigerian girls.

They always jump at guys on 4WD, happening guys. They do so by losing a self-respect the nature has bestowed on them.

You have a Nigerian girlfriend , you do so at your own risk/detriment cuz she will be 100% dependent on you. She needs 500naira for that Glo top up, you are the one she would call, while she screws that Alhaji and Chibuzor undecided

I disagree with you on that, Nigerian men made Nigerian girls what they are today, many Nigerians show off their wealth as a way of chatting up a girl, they feel that spoiling a girl with gifts and money is the only way to gain respect and have their legs over her.

Many of those girls sees it as a norm and it becomes the way of life to some, lets not start bashing Nigerian girls here. Many of these Nigerian men marrying older white women does it for immigration purposes, not for love.

If they are marrying older white women because younger Nigerian girls are materialistic and dishonest why don't they marry Nigeria older women then?
Re: Ten Great Things About Dating Older Women by freshmoney(m): 8:19am On Apr 22, 2012
Zi: OP, u can date whomever u pls but its like u r pushing the responsiblities of the older person in any relationship away from u. This is what I mean, in any r/ship, somenpone has to be more indepenent, more assertive, better resourced and et cetra. In most cases it is the older person. So nothing stops u from assuming the positions when u date younger women.

My 1cent!

You're yet to meet a hungry Nigerian girl that is gon drain you of your hard-earned cash. Have you sold your house cuz of Nigerian girl before? And the girl left you totally broke? undecided
Re: Ten Great Things About Dating Older Women by dubem3(m): 8:26am On Apr 22, 2012
PrettyCindy: I have observed that quite alot of guys fancy dating a more matured woman (not sugar mummy) to younger girls. Well i feel its a matter of what one likes but my question is who greets who first? If the age difference is upto 6, will the lady completely throw away those years and be the one greeting the younger man in the morning and anyother time?
While i don't fault is as its each person to his or her own, when such people decide to marry, the family of the man more or less creates problems for them.

do people still cling to the junior must greet senior thing'?
That, in my opinion should not be one of the points to be discussed here. Anybody can greet anybody. Greetings should not point a finger a the younger.

1 Like

Re: Ten Great Things About Dating Older Women by freshmoney(m): 8:30am On Apr 22, 2012
justwise:

I disagree with you on that, Nigerian men made Nigerian girls what they are today, many Nigerians show off their wealth as a way of chatting up a girl, they feel that spoiling a girl with gifts and money is the only way to gain respect and have their legs over her.

Many of those girls sees it as a norm and it becomes the way of life to some, lets not start bashing Nigerian girls here. Many of these Nigerian men marrying older white women does it for immigration purposes, not for love.

If they are marrying older white women because younger Nigerian girls are materialistic and dishonest why don't they marry Nigeria older women then?

In as much as I would like to agree with you, I think you are wrong in some instances.

Nigerian men made some Nigerian girls what they are today, agreed; but that does not happen to ALL.

Our environments make us who we are, agreed?

What is really happening here is Nigerian girls have that pathological issue called inferiority complex. A typical Nigerian girl without blackberry or brazillian hair will do anything, just anything to have those 'vanity', forgetting they could be way better off without those gadgets. If Sola sees Nneka with the latest blackberry, her next problem would be the blackberry. Thus, SHE will do anything to have it, even to the expense of her boyfriend.

We have some good girls over there in Nigeria but they are not up to 10% and out of those 10% we'll see rich girls that are independent.

I was not born with a silver spoon, I started being a made man in 2002 and just before then I had encountered serious embarrassment from our so called girls just because I could not afford that so called Thuraya. And it gets really worse among our girls nowadays- especially when blackberry and Brazilian hair got introduced in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Ten Great Things About Dating Older Women by pendo89(f): 9:14am On Apr 22, 2012
When I said do no bite more than you cn chew this is what I meant.I know there are some sober men but few going for older women r selfish and want things easy.
Was told this story by friend yesterday. Happend in UK not long ago.

A lady,She works as a nurse in one of the hospitals gets hooked up with a student - a finalist at the place where my friend teaches.
Many saw a smelly rat in this young person
At face value, the boy looked so decent, calm and collected. (Hope you r not the one op angry grin)

The lady from Zim was older than him by may be 10 years,drove a flashy car she was stable and very kind.
She starts showering the finalist student with gifts of all sorts,expensive stuff.She too seems so happy because in her eyes she was taking care of her inlaws and her future husband.
When time for his graduation came in Nov last year, she took charge of everything - all the cost includng parties etc at an expensive location in town
She even helped him bring his parents from Lagos nigeria and when they came, they lived in her house for some good weeks
Weeks and months passed,He decided to go back to Lagos with the promise of coming back.She was also facilitating him while he was there etc
But then slowly the phone calls died down and finally no phone calls at all.The time for his return came and went
His phone line eventually died,His fb became redundant.Nway he used her to the full measure.
When she eventually got through to his parents, they simply said they did not know where he was...
The worst bit is that and the socker of it all, came when she realised that all her back accounts were empty,completely cleaned
Because she trusted him enough to give hm full access to her back acounts. She was all trusting and that to her own downfall.

The lady has been hiding herself in her own house for a few months now.She is so, so down and on medication.

I have a feeling the dude is a nlander.Evil guy even though the lady trusted him too much.

If you are hooking up with whoever do it with the right motives not selfish reasons. That way age wont matter.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Great Things About Dating Older Women by onyeego(m): 9:24am On Apr 22, 2012
pendo89: When I said do no bite more than you cn chew this is what I meant.I know there are some sober men but few going for older women r selfish and want things easy.

A lady,She works as a nurse in one of the hospitals gets hooked up with a student - a finalist at the place where my friend teaches.
At face value, the boy looked so decent, calm and collected. (Hope you r not the one op angry grin)

The lady from Zim was older than him by may be 10 years,drove a flashy car she was stable and very kind.
She starts showering the finalist student with gifts of all sorts,expensive stuff.She too seems so happy because in her eyes she was taking care of her inlaws and her future husband.
When time for his graduation came in Nov last year, she took charge of everything - all the cost includng parties etc at an expensive location in town
She even helped him bring his parents from Lagos nigeria and when they came, they lived in her house for some good weeks
Weeks and months passed,He decided to go back to Lagos with the promise of coming back.She was also facilitating him while he was there etc
But then slowly the phone calls died down and finally no phone calls at all.The time for his return came and went
His phone line eventually died,His fb became redundant.Nway he used her to the full measure.
When she eventually got through to his parents, they simply said they did not know where he was...
The worst bit is that and the socker of it all, came when she realised that all her back accounts were empty,completely cleaned
Because she trusted him enough to give hm full access to her back acounts. She was all trusting and that to her own downfall.

The lady has been hiding herself in her own house for a few months now.She is so, so down and on medication.

I have a feeling the dude is a nlander.Evil guy even though the lady trusted him too much.

If you are hooking up with whoever do it with the right motives not selfish reasons. That way age wont matter.

This your STORY is it a NOLLYWOOD movie SCRIPT?
Re: Ten Great Things About Dating Older Women by lifestyle1(m): 9:29am On Apr 22, 2012
If I will derive peace of mind from older woman let it be.

1 Like

Re: Ten Great Things About Dating Older Women by 9zeros(m): 9:32am On Apr 22, 2012
age means nothin as long as both parties stay happy n neither of them is a gold digger. btw, any1 dating these hungry naija blackberry babes needs 2 go 4 a rehab. above all, stack ur paper up.
Re: Ten Great Things About Dating Older Women by pendo89(f): 9:46am On Apr 22, 2012
onye ego: This your STORY is it a NOLLYWOOD movie SCRIPT?

No I suck at scripts.When I was talking to my friend, they were getting ready to go visit the lady cz she's close to the family.
That's what made him tell me the story plus it's the background.

She moved him from student accomodation to her flat in downtown Southampton, gave him access to everything car, bank details etc
He started dashing about her car as she continued to work.

I told him the guy must be married back home already. But he is enjoying stolen money together with his family while the lady is on medication due to stress and shock. I wouldn't feel comfortable at all enjoying such money.

I say again,enter any relationship with the right motive.Do unto others what you would like them to do for you.
Re: Ten Great Things About Dating Older Women by Okijajuju1(m): 9:53am On Apr 22, 2012
I am about to propose to my girlfriend who is 1 year older than I am and the truth is that I have never enjoyed any relationship as much as the one I am in right now.

I am 100% in agreement with the OP with a clause of (not all older women are like that).
Re: Ten Great Things About Dating Older Women by acidtalk: 9:54am On Apr 22, 2012
mykejones:
Why don't we hear a rich younger man goin for an older lady? Say a man who is 22 and very rich,goin 4 a lady who is 35 and poor?
Do u get now?

If you can read and read properly I used myself as example.
Re: Ten Great Things About Dating Older Women by kilimanjaro(m): 10:11am On Apr 22, 2012
onye ego: This your STORY is it a NOLLYWOOD movie SCRIPT?
No! It's real!
@op, one thing i'm sure of is - 99% of guys dating older ladies are doing it for financial gains. If not, where i've u seen a young, handsome, collected guy dating an older lady who is living in an embodiment of poverty? I'm talking of 10yrs gap.
Re: Ten Great Things About Dating Older Women by kilimanjaro(m): 10:17am On Apr 22, 2012
acidtalk:

If you can read and read properly I used myself as example.

If the lady u are talking about is in her late 30s, that's still alright! For i've seen some 37 yrs old lady looking stunning. But could u have done same if the lady is in her late 40s or early 50s?
Re: Ten Great Things About Dating Older Women by kilimanjaro(m): 10:18am On Apr 22, 2012
The world is changing!
Re: Ten Great Things About Dating Older Women by gomentii(m): 10:22am On Apr 22, 2012
Well!no be frank;i tin op is right...but i can't date a lady older dan me,however,if we r of d same age berra or i'm older dan her wth 1 or 2 yrs. Young girls sucks!!!my current girl nau is 23,most tyms i feelin my house 2 buy a flashy car n rent a rum n parlor @ v/i 2 pls her bt God 4bid. Since biz got on a shaky ground n my car is no longer available d rltnshp turned bizarre even upon d fact dat i deflour'd her mtschewww!!!i'm tinkin of ger'in a matured leri ASAP. Datz ma 1cent
Re: Ten Great Things About Dating Older Women by gomentii(m): 10:28am On Apr 22, 2012
...4give my typographical blunder i meant "selling my house"
Re: Ten Great Things About Dating Older Women by Holorunloseyi(m): 10:28am On Apr 22, 2012
That is why nigeria constitution is the best it gives room for alot to pratice which is againt individual culture
Re: Ten Great Things About Dating Older Women by Holorunloseyi(m): 10:34am On Apr 22, 2012
pendo89: When I said do no bite more than you cn chew this is what I meant.I know there are some sober men but few going for older women r selfish and want things easy.

what is the title of this movie
Re: Ten Great Things About Dating Older Women by kwenu: 10:48am On Apr 22, 2012
@pendo your story is well crooked or cooked you can sell it to Nollywood film makers
Re: Ten Great Things About Dating Older Women by swiftycool(m): 10:56am On Apr 22, 2012
I like this post cos its true. Older women are more matured and more considerate and in sync with reality. With them a guy has a backbone rather than an a crybaby as they tend not to be selfish and greedy pests unlike younger girls. I would support a guy dating a babe not more than 5yrs his senior to even get married provided its not for the money.

For those who think guys who are loaded don't marry older ladies these days, I laugh cos many of u are out of sync with reality. Do a proper research and find out cos most younger ladies are just fun materials rather than home makers.
Re: Ten Great Things About Dating Older Women by pendo89(f): 10:57am On Apr 22, 2012
Holorunloseyi:
what is the title of this movie

Tribulations of dating a younger Man.Real life exp. grin

Now since nobody believes the story this is what I am going to do.My friend lectures where this student was and he knows him well.
The lady is their family friend.I am going to request him to send me his full details,his graduation pics, including the family,to back this story cz I will show him the link.
Maybe one or two people will be able to identify him. Then we can call it nolly/bolly/holly wood
Re: Ten Great Things About Dating Older Women by swiftycool(m): 12:05pm On Apr 22, 2012
@pendo u must really believe this ur story is very touchy cos its happened to one woman in a million? I stay in Uk and for your information this is exactly and in many cases even a small deal of the experience at least 3 in every 10 young guys in the Uk have had especially with young ladies they brought from d bush in Naija and trained up here in uk, only to ditch them after all the sacrifice made on them.
Am even sure ur story (if true) must have happened to a guy dating a younger lady rather than vice versa.
Re: Ten Great Things About Dating Older Women by EEngineer1(m): 12:13pm On Apr 22, 2012
justwise:

Many of those girls sees it as a norm and it becomes the way of life to some, lets not start bashing Nigerian girls here. Many of these Nigerian men marrying older white women does it for immigration purposes, [b]not for love.
[/b]

who is talking about older white women here, we have middle aged nigerian beauties not fat old white grannies, i'm sure the op was talking about middle aged working class ladies without children
Re: Ten Great Things About Dating Older Women by pendo89(f): 12:28pm On Apr 22, 2012
swiftycool: @pendo u must really believe this ur story is very touchy cos its happened to one woman in a million? I stay in Uk and for your information this is exactly and in many cases even a small deal of the experience at least 3 in every 10 young guys in the Uk have had especially with young ladies they brought from d bush in Naija and trained up here in uk, only to ditch them after all the sacrifice made on them.
Am even sure ur story (if true) must have happened to a guy dating a younger lady rather than vice versa.

I agree with you.It happens. That is why it's better at times to pick out a partner from the crowd you hang out with frequently cz they re used to a familiar environment.You get to see their true colours where you both are.
I think a majority of African men aren't particularly good at handling such relatioships genuinely because of society influence.They will date an older woman but end up settling with younger one for the obvious reasons.(just my thought)
A man that goes for an older woman must be mentally sharp and mature for his age or else it won't last cz I don't think women enjoy baby sitting a grown up.
If the man is dumb and young then I can only assume its a parasitic kind of relationship.
Re: Ten Great Things About Dating Older Women by justwise(m): 12:35pm On Apr 22, 2012
E-Engineer:

who is talking about older white women here, we have middle aged nigerian beauties not fat old white grannies, i'm sure the op was talking about middle aged working class ladies without children

Yes this is about younger Nigerian men marrying older white women as you have seen 3 of them doing that recently. Have you seen any 25 or 26 yrs old Nigerian marrying 50-65 yrs old Nigerian woman?
Re: Ten Great Things About Dating Older Women by omar22(m): 12:48pm On Apr 22, 2012
Nigerian old women are one of the worst when it comes to keeping their shape and living a healthy life. They feel like piling on weight is an evidence of good living!
Re: Ten Great Things About Dating Older Women by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 22, 2012
acidtalk: @POSTER, the whole nairalanders might be against you, insult you and even curse you but beat it at the back of your mind that you have one man that is 100% behind and in support of you and that is ME.

My best and most peaceful relationships are with older women. Before anyone start looking at me as a gold digger, clear that thought off your head, because I have never ever collected a single penny from any of my girls friends (old or young). I spoil them silly until when they get to misunderstand my generousity for stupi4dity.

The last older lady I dated, I LOVE her so much but distance was a barrier. I flew her in and back to her base of work at least twice every month. I never minded 'cus of the love. Whereas I never spent 2% of the air ticket for those small empty headed gold diggers around.

If you want rest of mind, date an older women.

People will insult you both saying she is desperate, while you are a gold digger.

But once your conscience is clear, keep doing your thing brother.
uncle u brought dis world frm my mouth.u're talkn sense coz u are an xperienced one
Re: Ten Great Things About Dating Older Women by BUSHMAN1: 1:27pm On Apr 22, 2012
kilimanjaro:
No! It's real!
@op, one thing i'm sure of is - 99% of guys dating older ladies are doing it for financial gains. If not, where i've u seen a young, handsome, collected guy dating an older lady who is living in an embodiment of poverty? I'm talking of 10yrs gap.
me! i am not not poor, infact i am very rich and my wife is older than me,(10 years)she helps me run my buissiness so... WHAT SAY YOU?
Re: Ten Great Things About Dating Older Women by DExplorer1: 1:44pm On Apr 22, 2012
I wonder if there is an age limit of who to marry if the intentions are genuine.

For those of you (mostly ladies) against dating older women, can we also say IT'S WRONG DATING SINGLE MOTHERS?

You Need To Read These! After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

21 Reasons He Hasn't Proposed to You Yet

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship

16 Raw but Bitter Truths Ladies Must Know
Re: Ten Great Things About Dating Older Women by killuminati(m): 1:58pm On Apr 22, 2012
colossus19: Dating older women brings abt rest of mind nd less thoughts abt how to please ur babe compared to all those small small girls who come running to you @ the slightest need of anyfin...pant,bra,lipstiick,pad even chop money like say if dem no get bf dem go starve to death mstcheeeeeew. 4 me older women anytime any day
I am 28 years old and I am dating a 30 years old single mother of 3 kids from Texas. I love her very much and she do love me too. We understand each other very well to extent dat she tells me all her secrets. Matter of fact, we are planning on getting married soon. It's about gold-digging, it's about love! Don't dull!!
Re: Ten Great Things About Dating Older Women by bakila: 2:02pm On Apr 22, 2012
Seamate: Sugar mummy thread

Better than bitter baby thread. @OP your spot on bro.
Re: Ten Great Things About Dating Older Women by kilimanjaro(m): 2:23pm On Apr 22, 2012
BUSH MAN: me! i am not not poor, infact i am very rich and my wife is older than me,(10 years)she helps me run my buissiness so... WHAT SAY YOU?
If this is true, then u are one of the 1%.
Besides, when u first met, was she in her late 40s?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Annoying Things Men Do. / Is It Normal For A 10 Yr Son To Lock Lips And Grab His Mum's Butt Like This? / 10 Things That Makes Women Go Crazy In Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.