Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,245 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating (26110 Views)

Childish Ways Most Guys Behave That Has Got To Stop / Ladies, Guys, Have You Ever Been Caught In This Position Before? Speak The Truth / What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Rapmoney(m): 9:16pm On Mar 16, 2016
It seems so many guys are so confused on dating to an extent where they erroneously equate it with marriage! Dating is just a period where two persons who find themselves attracted to each other try to know themselves better; it could even happen in a way where either one of them is not 'too interested' in the other person but as time goes on, good attitude, genuine love and care, coupled with clear understanding shown by either the guy or the lady could make both of them 'click' for good.

On a serious note, some guys can actually go the extra mile by portraying some unnecessary and irrelevant attitude that can cause them emotional pains in return cool

Below are some common misconceptions guys have about dating which is not supposed to be a 'do-or-die' affair!!!

1) Policing a girl: Dating period shouldn't be a time for you to police a girl as if you work for the FBI! When a girl agrees to date you, it means she has interest in you and would like to know you better. It is not a period to show your skills in detective operations and start snooping around her, trying to know her every whereabout...how she eats, who she talks to, who she calls or who calls her. You might just end up selling yourself out as a desperate and jobless fellow who has nothing serious to attend to in life! Give yourself some self-worth, Inspector Idemudia!!! angry

2) Exercising ownership over her: This is one big misconception that most guys have! Remember you have not paid a dime on her...so why exercise ownership? Isn't it funny that as soon as she agrees to date you, you want her to cut off every raport she has with everyone? You erroneously think that when you claim ownership, it gives you a strong ground in her life! Wrong! You could even trigger hatred. Allow her to study you and other admirers to see who has the desired traits! This is far from her playing 'hard to get' because at this stage, she has already showed interest in you! A woman hardly respects a man who act as if his life is tied around her.

3) Imposing your personal policies on her: Again, you are not married to her. There is no need for you to impose your policies on her to accept. She has her own life to live and there is no signed certificate anywhere that she is your wife or she is going to be one in the nearest future. Even husbands are not suppose to impose policies on wives talk more of doing that at the dating stage!!! You might end up selling yourself out as an undesirable tyrant!!! wink

4) Taking the role of a husband financially: The dating period is not a time for you start catering for the financial responsibilities of a lady because you neither owe her any duty nor obligation to do that! It doesn't mean you should become mean as Caliban! You should show generosity to the one you are dating but don't make it seem as if you running to get to the finish line and at the same time, trying to carry somebody on your back all along. You sure know what that means wink It is difficult to stop when you have already started; it's better not to start what you cannot end. Never you use money to impress a woman you want to get serious with; instead, let her see the work or essence of the money in your life...then, she would'nt think of 'money' you'd have to spend but the 'success' you have been able to achieve. Don't forget, women love successful men and they are loyal to them and not just a money spender!!!

Good evening everyone wink

Written by Kelvin Ukachukwu (Rapmoney)

94 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 16, 2016
Ekaitte pls give op one cold beer n lap dance for this smiley

Nice topic Rapmoney, alot of guys do this without knowing ..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 16, 2016
You are a disgrace to guys undecided[color=#006600][/color][b][/b]

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Rapmoney(m): 9:25pm On Mar 16, 2016
BumBae:
Ekaitte pls give op one cold beer n lap dance for this smiley

Nice topic Rapmoney, alot of guys do this without knowing ..
Thanks sis...but my pastor said I should avoid lap-dancers! grin

5 Likes

Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Rapmoney(m): 9:28pm On Mar 16, 2016
Jonathan2787:
You are a disgrace to guys undecided[color=#006600][/color][b][/b]
Bro, I cannot be a disgrace. Truth, they say, is bitter but it must be told! Let's call a spade a spade...let's not call it 'that instrument that is used to dig the soil' cool

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by ClassCaptain(m): 9:29pm On Mar 16, 2016
Intelligent writeup

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by halfricanadian(f): 9:29pm On Mar 16, 2016
I'm waiting for the fool that would say he owns me

even if every single soul in my world choose u love u

Till i breath my last i wont undecided get d facts ryt aint scared of dying

I just never want u i choose death over u a billion trillion million times
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Laveda(f): 9:31pm On Mar 16, 2016
This is cool.
Nice one OP.

1 Like

Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by ronald4lif(m): 9:31pm On Mar 16, 2016
Please can anyone explain what the poster above the one above me is saying or am I the only one who always finds her incomprehensible and inscrutable

124 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Rapmoney(m): 9:33pm On Mar 16, 2016
I believe tosyne2much, wristbangle, toks2008, charlesnneji and all the 'alleged' misogynists on Romance section will understand where am coming from.

Lalasticlala, rocktation
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Rapmoney(m): 9:34pm On Mar 16, 2016
Laveda:
This is cool. Nice one OP.
We are always out for the truth cool

1 Like

Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 16, 2016
Rapmoney:
Thanks sis...but my pastor said I should avoid lap-dancers! grin
Its a spiritual cleanse grin
Just close eye no b sin
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Rapmoney(m): 9:36pm On Mar 16, 2016
ClassCaptain:
Intelligent writeup
Thanks Captain! wink
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 16, 2016
ronald4lif:
Please can anyone explain what the poster above the one above me is saying or am I the who always finds her incomprehensible and inscrutable
Trying to crack the code grin
E no make sense at all .. Lol

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Rapmoney(m): 9:38pm On Mar 16, 2016
BumBae:

Its a spiritual cleanse grin
Just close eye no b sin
Lol! How am I going to enjoy the scene when my eyes are closed? grin
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 16, 2016
Rapmoney:
Lol! How am I going to enjoy the scene when my eyes are closed? grin
U go feel am grin
U dont need to see anything ... Neway make we no derail
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Rapmoney(m): 9:40pm On Mar 16, 2016
ronald4lif:
Please can anyone explain what the poster above the one above me is saying or am I the who always finds her incomprehensible and inscrutable
...still pondering! grin

1 Like

Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 16, 2016
halfricanadian:
I'm waiting for the fool that would say he owns me

even if every single soul in my world choose u love u

Till i breath my last i wont undecided get d facts ryt aint scared of dying

I just never want u i choose death over u a billion trillion million times
really? Now thats a mouth you gat there bitc.h thats why you aint getting laid, you gat puffed up with oestrogen you aint letting out making you say bitchy things, be cool aight?

11 Likes

Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 16, 2016
Rapmoney:
Bro, I cannot be a disgrace. Truth, they say, is bitter but it must be told! Let's call a spade a spade...let's not call it 'that instrument that is used to dig the soil' cool
i said shut up you preeq its the type of you that eventually become a puppet to a girl so weak it makes me shriek

9 Likes

Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by ronald4lif(m): 9:45pm On Mar 16, 2016
BumBae:

Trying to crack the code grin
E no make sense at all .. Lol

Lol. The character hardly makes sense. Always struggle to grasp her comments and assemble whatever jigsaw she churns out but keeps failing repeatedly. I've given up working my brains out already. grin

2 Likes

Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by ronald4lif(m): 9:47pm On Mar 16, 2016
Rapmoney:
...still pondering! grin

Don't waste your time bruv, you'll never understand her. grin
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Rapmoney(m): 9:50pm On Mar 16, 2016
Jonathan2787:
i said shut up you preeq its the type of you that eventually become a puppet to a girl so weak it makes me shriek
Lol! This is a misconception grin It means you don't know me around here. Ask around, am an alleged misogynist! cool That doesn't stop me from being my real self. I speak the truth! Am not weak!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by halfricanadian(f): 9:50pm On Mar 16, 2016
Jonathan2787:
really? Now thats a mouth you gat there bitc.h thats why you aint getting laid, you gat puffed up with oestrogen you aint letting out making you say bitchy things, be cool aight?

Just let me be please never mentioned u did i?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Soulz22(m): 9:51pm On Mar 16, 2016
I know the poster will gain more female fans after this grin

But OP isn't different from what he's just written I swear down. tongue

But hey!! I'm just being real
The girls looking for a guy with all of that undecided
The weed you're smoking is very fresh
And I wish you goodluck

1 Like

Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 16, 2016
ronald4lif:

Lol. The character hardly makes sense. Always struggle to grasp her comments and assemble whatever jigsaw she churns out but keeps failing repeatedly. I've given up working my brains out already. grin
Lol maybe she doesn't want to be "owned" guess not every chic wants marriage and all that
That's the only thing i got from it
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 16, 2016
halfricanadian:

Just let me be please never mentioned u did i?
your words gave me some prodding so ama do some pruning on ya a**
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 16, 2016
Rapmoney:
Lol! This is a misconception grin It means you don't know me around here. Ask around, am an alleged misogynist! cool That doesn't stop me from being my real self. I speak the truth! Am not weak!!!
didnt i just tell you to shut da fuq up nigga, you want a cyberslap?
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by halfricanadian(f): 9:55pm On Mar 16, 2016
Jonathan2787:
your words gave me some prodding so ama do some pruning on ya a**

Suit yourself dude
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by fulfillbill(m): 9:56pm On Mar 16, 2016
Am here to learn and read comments

Op where is the fifth one.
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by SortCode(m): 9:57pm On Mar 16, 2016
Okay, no probs
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Nobody: 9:58pm On Mar 16, 2016
halfricanadian:

Suit yourself dude
see ya around muchacho, just know am watching you like a hawk and am all over yo bizness like stink on shit gat me?
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by halfricanadian(f): 10:02pm On Mar 16, 2016
Jonathan2787:
see ya around muchacho, just know am watching you like a hawk and am all over yo bizness like stink on shit gat me?

undecided deal with God before u deal with me

Wat doesnt kill u make u stronger smiley i even need protection self thank you for d help

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

HELP! How Do I Help Her Overcome This Feeling. (please Come In) / Anybody Telling You To Make Money Before Chasing Women Doesn't Like You / Seven "Dating Decisions" That COULD Ruin Your Relationship Forever >> For Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.