Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,809 members, 7,810,113 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10434709 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (19109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 7:55pm On Feb 20, 2013
2-0. Chelsea beats Barca to advance in a cup competition... again.....nextgencup
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 21, 2013
mithel: 2-0. Chelsea beats Barca to advance in a cup competition... again.....nextgencup

Lets Just say we're their Boogey team, in every level.

Now, where are those mofos claiming we packed the Bus the Last time?
grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 10:55am On Feb 21, 2013
they are on the queue trying to rent it grin grin

just wish we had maintained our identity ,with our former effective style ,great at the back with nice counters,but no we had to form one tiki taka undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by azpekuliar: 6:13pm On Feb 21, 2013
mithel: 2-0. Chelsea beats Barca to advance in a cup competition... again.....nextgencup

How about that Islam Feruz fellow? I swear I've seen our Nairaland Chelsea academy scout, Nateevs speak so glowingly about him on these pages... cheesy. Isn't he ready to make an apperance in the FT yet?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 6:48pm On Feb 21, 2013
azpekuliar:

How about that Islam Feruz fellow? I swear I've seen our Nairaland Chelsea academy scout, Nateevs speak so glowingly about him on these pages... cheesy. Isn't he ready to make an apperance in the FT yet?

in another team,he would have been like sterling ,but its chelsea,we are never patient with our youth players sad
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 11:18pm On Feb 21, 2013
We won yay!!! Another Hazard at stamford bridge grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 11:24pm On Feb 21, 2013
If anyone here says they dont give Torres chances I would piss in his nostrils.

He wasted about 5 clear chances today
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 11:57pm On Feb 21, 2013
dayokanu: If anyone here says they dont give Torres chances I would piss in his nostrils.

He wasted about 5 clear chances today

Una wan start again undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:45am On Feb 22, 2013
We managed to win. I didn't watch the match but I'm aware chairman didn't come to the party as usual. Again, we have to rely on midfielders and defenders for goals. Why not play like Spain and do away with strikers and save some wages.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 1:19am On Feb 22, 2013
^^^^^ saave some wages as in , we should play with 10men always ?

i watched Napoli's game both legs , Cavani couldn't help them , same goes to Falcao , he should have bagged a hat-trick to help his team progress but he couldn't do you know why? because they are solely relied on that was their lost, dont rely too much on a striker it helps..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 1:52am On Feb 22, 2013
It was also marked by some woeful finishing by £50 million striker Torres, who could have given Chelsea the lead in the fourth minute but swept his right-footed shot wide from 12 yards after Victor Moses’ pass.

In the 11th minute, Torres again missed a glorious chance to put the Blues ahead on the night as he volleyed Juan Mata’s cross over the bar, opening the door for Sparta Prague to take advantage of the hosts’ wastefulness

Torres then missed yet another excellent opportunity
, the striker’s clipped effort saved by Vaclik after he raced through on goal.

[size=14pt]Fernando Torres Flop of the Match[/size]

Another performance more suited to a pantomime than a professional football match. From the moment he missed an early half-chance by inches the confidence drained away, and what ensued might have been hilarious were it not so strange or sad. Luck, too deserted him in his better moments, but there can be no more excuses. The panto season has long since past, and it appears Torres' time has, too
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:35am On Feb 22, 2013
^^ I've tried to Preach those Last Words On here...Some think its about the team

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 11:17am On Feb 22, 2013
mithel: they are on the queue trying to rent it grin grin

just wish we had maintained our identity ,with our former effective style ,great at the back with nice counters,but no we had to form one tiki taka undecided
+20000000! Well said.

Whoever says tiki- taka is the ONLY and EFFECTIVE way to play football knows NOTHING about the game. Yes I said it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 11:20am On Feb 22, 2013
The Belgium Bullet. What a goal.
Another brilliant substitution by Rafa for the second time in 2 weeks.

Its Citeh Next. Win and UCL is as good as guaranteed!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by medjai(m): 11:49am On Feb 22, 2013
azpekuliar:

Islam Feruz was brilliant but that Jeremie Boga dude is something else
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 22, 2013
Nice letter to Torres

As Chelsea's misfiring £50million striker endures another night of misery and frustration at Stamford Bridge, Sportsmail's Rik Sharma, a lifelong Chelsea fan, writes an open letter to the most expensive player in British history...

Dear Fernando,

Before you came to Chelsea, I never liked you.

As a striker, you were second to none. But you went to ground too often and too quickly, I thought you were too easily riled on the pitch. Prissy.

But I remember where I was when you signed for Chelsea. And I remember the excitement.

In the two days previous to you putting pen to paper, there had been strong rumours you would be swapping red for blue.

And I was not overly enamoured with the prospect. But late, on January 31 2011, I remember watching Sky Sports News and frantically refreshing various sports news websites.

As we approached midnight, the deal was sealed. And I was thrilled. Genuinely thrilled.

Everything about you that we didn't like didn't seem to matter any more, because here you were.

A £50million present from our glorious benefactor to Carlo Ancelotti, to Chelsea, and to the fans.

Fernando Torres! Lethal, at times untouchable

But less than a week later, it all started to unravel.

You made your debut on February 6 and thanks to a quirk of fate, it was against Liverpool. The team that you loved and, I'm reliably informed, still do.

In rolled the summer and out went Ancelotti. His greatest crime? Not making the most of Roman's £50m gift. But Andre Villas-Boas was here and surely he was the man to get the best out of you.

The first game of the 2011-12 season saw you start against Stoke, and your performance split opinion. Some lambasted you for not making the difference, others praised your workrate.

Finally, you struck again. Your second goal, away at Old Trafford. But then your performance was marred by missing a screaming, gaping, open goal.

We hoped it didn't crush any morsel of confidence you had gained from scoring, and when you netted again against Swansea in the next match, all was good.

All was good for about 10 minutes anyway, because after that you were sent off for a two footed lunge.

Two more goals followed against the mighty Genk on October 19, and then that was it.

Not a peep from you until March 18, when you bagged two against the equally-mighty Leicester in the FA Cup.
During which time Villas-Boas had been sacked, another ship stricken on the Fernando Torres rock, even though Roman had painstakingly drawn you on to the map.

Roberto Di Matteo took the reins and he too failed to get the best of you but we had some fun along the way.

Whatever you go on to do, or don't do, during the remainder of your time at Chelsea, you will never be forgotten for scoring in the Nou Camp.

Sure, the goal was technically irrelevant - we were going through anyway - but when you rounded Victor Valdes and rolled home, everything seemed possible

Every day afterwards a new video emerged on YouTube of wilder and wilder celebrations in living rooms and pubs across the country, shot at the moment you sealed our place in the Champions League final.

In Munich you didn't have much to offer, but it didn't matter because Didier Drogba was signing off his Chelsea career the only way he knew how to. Ever the showman.

But even in the aftermath, instead of basking in the success, you spoke to Spanish media about your unhappiness at the club and not playing a bigger part in the victory.

The new season began with a buzz. Juan Mata, Oscar and Eden Hazard seemed the perfect players to get you back on the goal trail in the Premier League.

And you seemed OK too - casually winning the Euro 2012 golden boot despite limited appearance time for Spain.

Di Matteo couldn't make you tick though. You were scoring at a more impressive rate than normal, but it still wasn't enough.

Out he went, and in came Rafael Benitez. A man despised by thousands of Chelsea supporters. Those were the lengths Abramovich went to in order to get you firing.

And here we are. On your 100th game for the club you were booed off by Chelsea supporters who had previously supported you through thick and thin.

Yes, I understand that you didn't choose your price. What figure would you have put on yourself? Did you know, deep down, you were shot?

The club attributed your initial malaise to a lack of match fitness, but now it's obvious the problems lie a lot deeper.

You'll soon be 29. It's all downhill from here although I'm not sure how much further there is to go.

Your only goal in the last 14 games was against League One Brentford. I'm not going to say 'you found your level' - but not because it's a lazy critique. Simply because even in that game you made no impact other than the moment you scored.

So where do you go from here? I think a return to Atletico Madrid could be good for you, because you're still a legend there.

Whether they would take you is another matter.

Some Liverpool supporters claim they'd take you back at Anfield. But they are having enough trouble languishing in mid-table without having to worry about you too.

It's difficult to see what the future holds. But what is clear is that beyond May 19 there is no future for you at Stamford Bridge.

This wasn't the way it was meant to be.

Yours sincerely,

Rik Sharma (lifelong Chelsea fan)

Culled from MailOnline

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 3:13pm On Feb 22, 2013
Who said there's no future for FT after May 19th? Na who go carry am comot?

He has a long term deal and he ain't going nowhere! cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 3:32pm On Feb 22, 2013
Waiting for nateevs and co who claim Torres don't get chances from midfielders
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 3:39pm On Feb 22, 2013
dayokanu: Waiting for nateevs and co who claim Torres don't get chances from midfielders

tell us - where was the chance he got last night? you call those chances a clear cut chance? even the witchhunt newspaper you quoted shot themselves in the foot by reporting 2 contrasting events.

"From the moment he missed an early half-chance by inches the confidence drained away, and what ensued might have been hilarious were it not so strange or sad. Luck, too deserted him in his better moments, but there can be no more excuses"

only torres is expected to score all the time from half-chances chelsea create. when demba ba plays - he can be excused from producing nothing in 90 mins. when torres plays, he's expected to score every 1/2 chance he gets.

the hypocrisy on this thread would sink the titanic!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 6:17pm On Feb 22, 2013
Chelsea’s Fernando Torres endured another fruitless night in front of goal at Stamford Bridge as Eden Hazard’s last-gasp strike sent the Blues through to the last-16 of the Europa League following an unconvincing 1-1 draw with Sparta Prague.

Torres has now scored just once, against League One Brentford, in is past 14 appearances.

Here is an analysis of how he fared against Sparta Prague.

Finishing

The Spaniard may be a world and European champion but he is playing without any of the confidence of a player with such awards. T[b]oo often ponderous he wasted two glorious chances inside the opening 15 minutes, most glaringly poking over from inside the six-yard box[/b], which would have helped put the tie to bed. Instead the Blues endured a nervy evening that was hardly aided as Torres routinely fluffed his lines.

Movement

Chelsea brought in players such as Juan Mata, Oscar and Eden Hazard to reveal Torres’ threat off the ball. All three played a part tonight and while their service was restricted by the hard-working Czechs, whe[b]n they did break them down Torres was often flat-footed. When he was alive, running onto a Ramires through-ball shortly after half-time, he took one too many touches to allow Sparta goalkeeper Tomas Vaclik to get out and save his dinked shot[/b].
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 7:37pm On Feb 22, 2013
Torres's case is a hopeless one I'm sure even he has given up on himself
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:22pm On Feb 22, 2013
FBS: +20000000! Well said.

Whoever says tiki- taka is the ONLY and EFFECTIVE way to play football knows NOTHING about the game. Yes I said it.

Well FBS, for what i know thats merely an Opinion not a Fact.

Lemme take up Bayern as a Case study on this, sure they're into tiki-taka.

U'd have an experienced Gaffer Like Jupp Heynckes talking about 'Balance' in a team, what does that mean? Every department got to Play to its Strength! If the attack could produce tons of goals and the Midfield remain Creative and Stable then certainly the defence line also got to be Solid and Ruthless - Thats Balance.

Last 3 Seasons, the Bayern team conceded 40 goals in 34 games thats almost a Goal conceded Per match, but Damn they were dominating & Scoring goals! What was Missing? Balance!
They made a Move to arrest the situation by luring In Rafinha, Boateng and Neuar but it would need time for its 'automation' - And Just this Season Martinez and Dante were added to the Brutality Chart, still on the Balance Project - Seen the Difference now compared to the team of Last 3yrs?!

Barca haven't worked on this for a long time now, which makes it easy for U to Win them by merely pushing your Men behind the ball, Marking tightly and Closing down space as fast as U can, drawing a Line at the final third then hitting them On profuse Counter attacks-to expose that Vulnerable Backline, they've refused to Balance. Barca falls for the sword against a resilient team cos they've not 'Balanced', thats what with the militation to the style.

Tiki-taka Is the best and most effective way to break down an Opponent, it makes u unpredictable and a handful for any team but then u gotta 'Balance'.

This Is my philosophy and i would be glad to enact it into any team i'd manage, dont actually expect U or anyother folk to dabble into it.

Though it cant be the Only Way to Win games, atleast U've got the Kick & Follow that worked for Jose and Pulis byline Crosses but Certainly tiki-taka is the Most effective way to Win games!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nitlad: 9:51am On Feb 23, 2013
[size=50pt]*. Fernando Torres will be looking to recover from a torrid recent spell of form if he features here, having scored just one in his last 13 games; against Sparta Prague on Thursday, he had more shots than anyone else on the pitch and not only did he fail to score, but only one of those was on target.[/size]
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 5:43pm On Feb 23, 2013
How many goals for Lukaku now?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 11:16pm On Feb 23, 2013
Lukaku isn't under pressure @west brom, he hasn't reached that height to be chelsea's number 9.. , and stop comparing of the two ..Lukaku is still a donkey
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 8:22am On Feb 24, 2013
dyabman: Lukaku isn't under pressure @west brom, he hasn't reached that height to be chelsea's number 9.. , and stop comparing of the two ..Lukaku is still a donkey
. Abeg which kain mumuric post and poster b dis sef? Lukaku is not unda pressure to perform is now ur excuse for Ur underperforming FT abi? U even chose to call lukaku a donkey for outscoring FT. Must u type frm Ur yanshhole? Shame on U and Ur donkey brain. Anuofia like U.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:04am On Feb 24, 2013
dyabman: Lukaku isn't under pressure @west brom, he hasn't reached that height to be chelsea's number 9.. , and stop comparing of the two ..Lukaku is still a donkey
A fooooolish man's excuse.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:42pm On Feb 24, 2013
Not enough quick legs in midfield.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:50pm On Feb 24, 2013
Too much space in midfield. Silva and Toure picking the ball up between midfield and defence unchallenged. Will be terminal unless David Luiz is deployed there pronto.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 2:52pm On Feb 24, 2013
Lukaku has almost double Fernanduds goal

Lukaku 12 goals in 12 starts

Fernandud 7 goals in 23 league starts
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:54pm On Feb 24, 2013
I have no clue what Rafa is playing at drafting Mikel to play with Lamps. I have not seen midfield breached this many times in 20 minutes.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by azpekuliar: 2:55pm On Feb 24, 2013
Midfield being ripped to shreds. Struggling to maintain any sort of possession...

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (19109) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: drisham(m), Nezzjnr and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.