Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,019 members, 7,838,559 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10571) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10634950 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10568) (10569) (10570) (10571) (10572) (10573) (10574) ... (19285) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kendrick93(m): 4:46pm On Dec 16, 2020
Havertz can also be used in the firmino position, as a false 9..
He's a talented player who hasn't settled in yet, but he also needs the right system to flourish...
Unfortunately for you guys, i don't think Lampard is that good tactically to be able to fit in havertz....
He will flop at chelsea unless Lampard miraculously improves or leaves and chelsea get themselves another coach like a Poch, Rose, or Nagelsman
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamJ(m): 4:46pm On Dec 16, 2020
Ibeme:

There is only one team that plays 4-2-3-1 successfully and that is Bayern because they have a goal machine in Muller and he is worth it.

Manure also have a goal machine in Fernandes so they accomodate him there, however I will hardly call them successful.

Man City only started 4-2-3-1 this season after Silva's departure and they sück compared to last season. Barca also only started and they equally sück, fighting mid-table in LaLiga.

If we wanted to go back to redundant formation with a low scoring AM, we would have asked Arsenal to give us Ozil for free. Tell your boy Havertz to show us small ray of light before we can rip up formation to a formation we haven't really played since 15/16 to accommodate him.
did this guy just called Fernandes goal machine?

Wasted my time cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamJ(m): 4:48pm On Dec 16, 2020
Exhibit A

Case closed

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibeme: 4:49pm On Dec 16, 2020
iamJ:
he has never played dm, he is ambidextrous, that's why people say he can play anywhere but he isnt a dm or cm oga

Ok even if he did, which he didnt, Gareth bale played left back, sign him and ask him to play that position since he played that position when he was 17

What position does a player excel at doesnt matter, let's force him to play stupid positions because he played at that position when he was 17

A goalscoring midfielder never makes excuses.

Frank Lampard never played as an AM in a 4-2-3-1 but in a 4-3-3. When you are a goalscoring midfielder in a 4-3-3, you need no excuses, it will be evident in the runs you make and the goals you score, and your teammates will start adjusting to cover you when you make those runs.

Havertz should do what Lampard did and stop asking for 4-2-3-1 so he can be a passenger.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamJ(m): 4:49pm On Dec 16, 2020
kendrick93:
Havertz can also be used in the firmino position, as a false 9..
He's a talented player who hasn't settled in yet, but he also needs the right system to flourish...
Unfortunately for you guys, i don't think Lampard is that good tactically to be able to fit in havertz....
He will flop at chelsea unless Lampard miraculously improves or leaves and chelsea get themselves another coach like a Poch, Rose, or Nagelsman
poch easily has issues with players, I don't want him

So many players up and left spurs for no reason but him
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibeme: 4:50pm On Dec 16, 2020
iamJ:

Wasted my time cheesy

Yes, he is a goal machine. This includes production of assists.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamJ(m): 4:51pm On Dec 16, 2020
Ibeme:

A goalscoring midfielder never makes excuses.

Frank Lampard never played as an AM in a 4-2-3-1 but in a 4-3-3. When you are a goalscoring midfielder in a 4-3-3, you need no excuses, it will be evident in the runs you make and the goals you score, and your teammates will start adjusting to cover you when you make those runs.

Havertz should do what Lampard did and stop asking for 4-2-3-1 so he can be a passenger.
10 in 4 2 3 1 is the most Important player

He is the link between defense and attack

Passager indeed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamJ(m): 4:54pm On Dec 16, 2020
Ibeme:

Yes, he is a goal machine. This includes production of assists.
overhyped player

Remember kagawa vs hazard

United fans are known to hype nonsense players

A good player can cause envy, if we play united and they have a good player, I would envy such player and wish we had him

Nobody in your entire team, including the academy has made me feel that way, none

Salah has made me feel that way, aguero has made me feel that way even fernandinho has made me feel that way, yaya toure self, the last time united had a player that I can say is good was van Persie, since then oga go and park somewhere
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by rooftops: 4:55pm On Dec 16, 2020
iamJ:
are you minding them, cooking up nonsense in the name of rebuttal
....oga I am not supporting your havertz o..I am surprised you can still support him after yesterday horror undecided

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 4:56pm On Dec 16, 2020
iamJ:
all he goals and assist came from which position?

Look at what you posted again cheesy

Then ask yourself if our arguement isn't valid

Those stats dont even tell half the picture - 3 of those 4 goals came in EFL..against Barnsley

the 4 times Havertz played 10 in the league, we only won 1 game

So we should continue to play 4231 where Havertz can give us one goal or assist, whilst we concede 3 in return from West Brom and Southampton.

12 points on offer, 9 of those sure on paper.....we only took 6.

Out of the 10 goals we scored in those 4 games, Hvaertz only scored 1.

Out of 10 goals, he only assisted 2.

Yet in those 4 games we conceded 6 goals.

Do the cost-benefit analysis yourself.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamJ(m): 4:57pm On Dec 16, 2020
rooftops:
....oga I am not supporting your havertz o..I am surprised you can still support him after yesterday horror undecided
if you drive a Lamborghini in lagos and complain that it doesn't perform well, I will argue that you aren't using it properly hence the poor performance grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 5:01pm On Dec 16, 2020
Harvertz is struggling with the physicality and aggression of the league and the relative lack of high lines in the EPL.

Players like Harvertz are all or none. It is either they are hits or flops. No middle ground.

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 5:02pm On Dec 16, 2020
nihilistjnr:

3 of those goals came against Barnsley, who were in League One last year, and midtable in the Championship this year.
I can bet my left testicle you dont even know where Barnsley is in UK without resorting to google maps.

Is that the level we've sunk to now?

Havertz played 3 positions at Leverkusen last season. See diagram below. Which one is out of position again kwanu?

I dont need any trumped up stats to show me the issues that Havertz is having. You can't blame this on covid

U talk about trumped up stats. Yet ure the one with cut and join videos who's unable to spot off the ball movements. Noticed how u selectively ignored the 4 assists

Need I mention that Havertz has one of the highest pass accuracy in the team this season with 86%. Ur selective videos wouldnt show u that off course

U also need to put things in context for comparison. In Leverkusen, Havertz mostly played as a number 10, Sometimes a right winger or, as a false 9, The one common theme was Havertz was always given the freedom to roam in advanced areas of the pitch unlike at Chelsea.

Why are u arguing against something that's painfully obvious. Nevermind he's a terrible player and should have never been bought despite being one of the best and highly rated players of his generation. He just became terrible all of a sudden
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by rooftops: 5:04pm On Dec 16, 2020
iamJ:
if you drive a Lamborghini in lagos and complain that it doesn't perform well, I will argue that you aren't using it properly hence the poor performance grin
....let the Lamborghini move from where it was parked first before we start talking about it performance on the road. grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamJ(m): 5:05pm On Dec 16, 2020
nihilistjnr:

Those stats dont even tell half the picture - 3 of those 4 goals came in EFL..against Barnsley

So we should continue to play 4231 where Havertz can give us one goal or assist, whilst we concede 3 in return from West Brom and Southampton.

only havertz affects the outcome for a game that involves 22 people

Indeed, you ignored the fact that Mendy wasn't in the post when we played Southampton, yet havertz is to be blamed for kepa mistakes
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kamelot77(m): 5:06pm On Dec 16, 2020
MorataFC:
haaaa, you have stepped on toes on some ppl here, they are coming for u.
it's very glaring na, lampard new tactics of cross and insha Allah is our major problem. Lampard need to bench giroud
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamJ(m): 5:08pm On Dec 16, 2020
Kamelot77:
it's very glaring na, lampard new tactics of cross and insha Allah is our major problem. Lampard need to bench giroud
cheesy abeg no use laugh kill me, I blame ziyech, all those crosses got to Lampard's head, I remember people hyping that game, you can't be dependent on one pattern
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 5:08pm On Dec 16, 2020
User09:

U talk about trumped up stats. Yet ure the one with cut and join videos who's unable to spot off the ball movements. Noticed how u selectively ignored the 4 assists

Need I mention that Havertz has one of the highest pass accuracy in the team this season with 86%. Ur selective videos wouldnt show u that off course

Havertz has attempted the lowest number of passes per match in that Chelsea midfield. All his mates - Jorginho, Mount, Kovacic, and Kante - attempt more passes than Kai

And as you can see in that Chart, not only is Havert making the fewest passes from midfield, he is our LEAST accurate midfielder when it comes to passes...yes even the Mount you keep dissing has higher pass accuracy

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibeme: 5:08pm On Dec 16, 2020
nihilistjnr:

They can't answer this one.

Even in the 4-2-3-1 he can't even press which is a non-negotiable requirement of anyone playing that position.

They want him to be afforded the luxuries of Muller but he can't even put in half the work of Muller nor score or assist 2/3rd of what Muller would do.

In essence IamJ, a 4-2-3-1 AM with no pressing and no defensive responsibility is a striker masquerading as a midfielder and nothing in his Bayer Leverkusen stats will make you accommodate a striker with such goal record. He is completely useless to the formation and pressing requirements of the team if all he is going to do is stand in the hole and not even press.

Chelsea is bigger than any passenger. Imagine a 20 year old boy saying he doesn't want to do anything on the pitch except stand in the hole.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamJ(m): 5:09pm On Dec 16, 2020
User09:

U also need to put things in context for comparison. In Leverkusen, Havertz mostly played as a number 10, Sometimes a right winger or, as a false 9, The one common theme was Havertz was always given the freedom to roam in advanced areas of the pitch unlike at Chelsea.

Why are u arguing against something that's painfully obvious. Nevermind he's a terrible player and should have never been bought despite being one of the best and highly rated players of his generation. He just became terrible all of a sudden
roam and do those late runs into the box, Chelsea fans are looking for Fabregas with kante stamina

Una go dey ok last last
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamJ(m): 5:12pm On Dec 16, 2020
rooftops:
....let the Lamborghini move from where it was parked first before we start talking about it performance on the road. grin
cheesy you are a problem, the Lamborghini is contractually obligated to remain in lagos
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 5:13pm On Dec 16, 2020
iamJ:
only havertz affects the outcome for a game that involves 22 people

Indeed, you ignored the fact that Mendy wasn't in the post when we played Southampton, yet havertz is to be blamed for kepa mistakes

You're the one that is making an argument for playing Hvertz in the hole.

In the 4 league games we played with Havertz at 10, we only won 1

We scored 10 goals, he only scored 1

So what's the argument again?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kamelot77(m): 5:14pm On Dec 16, 2020
iamJ:
cheesy abeg no use laugh kill me, I blame ziyech, all those crosses got to Lampard's head, I remember people hyping that game, you can't be dependent on one pattern
ziyech cross is still normal
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 5:16pm On Dec 16, 2020
Ibeme:

They can't answer this one.

Even in the 4-2-3-1 he can't even press which is a non-negotiable requirement of anyone playing that position.

The want him to be afforded the luxuries of Muller but he can't even put in half the work of Muller not score or assist 2/3rd of what Muller would do.

In essence IamJ, a 4-2-3-1 AM with no pressing and no defensive responsibility is a striker masquerading as a midfielder and nothing in his Bayer Leverkusen stats will make you accommodate a striker with such goal record. He is completely useless to the formation and pressing requirements of the team if all he is going to do is stand in the hole and not even press.

Chelsea is bigger than any passenger. Imagine a 20 year old boy saying he doesn't want to do anything ont he pitch except stand in the hole.

I wouldnt even mind it if we were blowing teams away and Havertz was rinsing everybody.

But the tachere contribution he's making is not enough to warrant all this noise we're hearing.

You've either got it, or you havertz.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamJ(m): 5:19pm On Dec 16, 2020
Kamelot77:
ziyech cross is still normal
left for me, I don't want us to win any game again this year, I want the board to sack that dunce and bring someone that knows how to use players

Cause unless people are blind, with Lampard and his stupid tactics, we wouldn't win anything this season
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 5:22pm On Dec 16, 2020
nihilistjnr:

Havertz has attempts the lowest number of passes per match in that Chelsea midfield. All his mates - Jorginho, Mount, Kovacic, and Kante - attempt more passes than Kai

And as you can see in that Chart, not only is Havert making the fewest passes from midfield, he is our LEAST accurate midfielder when it comes to passes...yes even the Mount you keep dissing has higher pass accuracy

Off course. Passes to Chilwell for an Inshallah.

I can really tell from his Top assist stats.

Least Accurate midfielder, yet has the highest assist in the team behind Werner with 1 (yet has played far fewer games).

I hope u dont make the mistake of comparing those 2 again
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by IamD18: 5:38pm On Dec 16, 2020
Marina need to be sued for this calamity.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by IamD18: 5:39pm On Dec 16, 2020
iamJ:

Wasted my time cheesy
Name 3 attacking midfielders that has scored and assisted more than Bruno in EPl since he arrived.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 5:43pm On Dec 16, 2020
User09:

Off course. Passes to Chilwell for an Inshallah.

I can really tell from his Top assist stats.

Least Accurate midfielder, yet has the highest assist in the team behind Werner with 1 (yet has played far fewer games).

I hope u dont make the mistake of comparing those 2 again

Chairman stop wasting my time

You said...
User09:

but it turns out that Jorginho, Kovacic, Kante, and Mount all have higher pass accuracy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibeme: 5:43pm On Dec 16, 2020
IamD18:

Name 3 attacking midfielders that has scored and assisted more than Bruno in EPl since he arrived.

Fernandes is the highest scoring FPL player in EPL since he arrived. Which simply means money in the bank.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by IamD18: 5:44pm On Dec 16, 2020
nihilistjnr:

Havertz has attempted the lowest number of passes per match in that Chelsea midfield. All his mates - Jorginho, Mount, Kovacic, and Kante - attempt more passes than Kai

And as you can see in that Chart, not only is Havert making the fewest passes from midfield, he is our LEAST accurate midfielder when it comes to passes... yes even the Mount you keep dissing has higher pass accuracy
Facts only
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by IamD18: 5:47pm On Dec 16, 2020
nihilistjnr:

Chairman stop wasting my time

You said...

but it turns out that Jorginho, Kovacic, Kante, and Mount all have higher pass accuracy
Cc IamJ

(1) (2) (3) ... (10568) (10569) (10570) (10571) (10572) (10573) (10574) ... (19285) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.