Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,936 members, 7,866,537 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 07:30 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (19285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10759307 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19282) (19283) (19284) (19285) (19286) (19287) (19288) ... (19443) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 3:44pm On May 23
Vischy:

You suddenly forgot Leicester topped with 20 points during December?

As they bottled Who still won the championship?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Vischy: 3:47pm On May 23
WhoDeyHause:

As they bottled Who still won the championship?

You can see it was Leicester that almost bottled the championship not Ipswich.

Everyone knew they will go straight back up to EPL because of their squad which you can't compare to Ipswich.

So give McKenna his credits.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:56pm On May 23
forgiveness:
110m on over hyped British market.
Anyway, like you rightly said, Bayern is a different ball game entirely.
Kompany Anderlecht team played beautiful football then ooo. You can imagine implementing it with more talented Bayern players.
I am indifferent because anything can happen. Goodluck to Bayern Munich. Kompany has experience though.

After thinking about it I will say its not a bad move

We are likely looking for a stop gap coach for a short term and many top coaches declined that offer so we are here with Kompany
Who obviously was not our first choice but I see some positives

He plays attacking football which Bayern want, There are no experienced coach available right now and our experience with the Tuchel and Ancelotti experienced managers has not worked out so well

So what's there to lose, hire Kompany, he fails we sack him, he succeeds and it looks like a genius move

Moreover its always a good thing when a black guy is given opportunity at a top club
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 4:05pm On May 23
raumdeuter:

We are likely looking for a stop gap coach for a short term and many top coaches declined that offer so we are here with Kompany

He plays attacking football which Bayern want, There are no experienced coach available right now and our experience with the Tuchel and Ancelotti experienced managers has not worked out so well

So what's there to lose, hire Kompany, he fails we sack him, he succeeds and it looks like a genius move

Moreover its always a good thing when a black guy is given opportunity at a top club
I could be wrong but I have a feeling Pep endorsed this transfer.

My personal opinion is, Kompany has all it takes to succeed. He should only make sure the players respect him as a manager- they will as a player. Pep wanted Kompany as one of his assistants - Rooney and Lampard have been begging for it but Pep has not obliged.

Kompany did very well in Belgium and the championship. He was never going to use Burnley playing attacking football to survive but he was trying to show it was implementable. Burnley not sacking him should tell people something about him.

Lastly, you guys have tried Julian Naggelsman who is even younger than Vincent. The difference is, Julian was not the great player every one knew Kompany was. If your board backs him fully, he could be one for the future.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kingBolton: 4:36pm On May 23
BlueRayDick:

Make una stop this thing na. Not everybody forgets things easily; we were all on this thread at the end of the 2019/2020 season. Even Ibime who is a staunch Lampard fan blamed him for being a shitty manager after that FA cup loss to Arteta

This is not even about hindsight or lapse of time making one forget things. U think Lampard was highly rated and this poster made this remark about the summary of the 2019/2020 season?

That's a reaction after losing a final when emotions were still high.
A quick search will reveal same post about Arteta
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 4:52pm On May 23
Speaking of experience managers the only one Chelsea may even consider that's out of job is Kovac or is it Zidane, nahh Kovac

What about Kovac
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 5:01pm On May 23
Paqueta is next in the betting saga

These players no dey learn grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 5:39pm On May 23
Unlimited22
Make I give you her number?

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 6:04pm On May 23
BlueMann:
Unlimited22
Make I give you her number?
Gbewa joor
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AdisaOwala: 6:31pm On May 23
BlueAngel444:
Speaking of experience managers the only one Chelsea may even consider that's out of job is Kovac or is it Zidane, nahh Kovac

What about Kovac

Mourihno and Benitez are currently jobless

Mancini is currently coaching Saudi Arabia

Zidane seems uninterested

Las Las, it's like the "craze" for a young/vibrant manager takes precedence currently
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SimpleGuy001: 6:35pm On May 23
izzou:
This Alonso's success must be motivating these club owners and boards to start making funny selections.

You kick Tuchel out for Kompany?

And then Chelsea and Scumchester dey find Championship coach?

Alonso better come forth and confess. Which baba do the jazz for you? Because your success wan send us go UEL permanently

I see no fault in it. Mourinho, pep, ancellotti will not be here forever. There’s a need for next generation coaches.

You can’t find the next pep and mourinho or ancelotti if you don’t give people chances. You will be surprised Kompany will perform well if he has the resources

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by youngZee23: 6:36pm On May 23
izzou:

Was Potter a loser when you gave him the job?

You crucify Poch for not carrying the Ligue with PSG, and that proves my point...A Bigger expectation.

If the same Poch coached Lille and came second, we will all clap for him and say he did try.

When these newbies messes the team up and dump us at 15th, at Week 10, that's when we will start looking for a reasonable replacement.

We know Ikenga is a winner. He should go to Brighton and keep winning there.
Then who do you want?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 7:20pm On May 23
raumdeuter:

It's as simple as that.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by UncleHaba22: 7:50pm On May 23
Everybody dey find coach nobody even dey look Mourinho side

Better than Pep una

The debate juz die grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 7:53pm On May 23
AdisaOwala:

Mourihno and Benitez are currently jobless

Mancini is currently coaching Saudi Arabia

Zidane seems uninterested

Las Las, it's like the "craze" for a young/vibrant manager takes precedence currently
there ain't many top jobs available they may manage national teams and besides, younger managers seem more hungry.

Of all the managers available na Conte I feel say supposed don come back to coaching. Flick is waiting for another Bayern like club, Barca.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sportsweb: 8:32pm On May 23
UncleHaba22:
Everybody dey find coach nobody even dey look Mourinho side

Better than Pep una

The debate juz die grin grin
Jose Mourinho refused evolve his football pattern and clubs left him behind

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:06pm On May 23
Inside insider suggests the mystery manager isn't Amorim, as Chelsea are not going for him though they admire him. He may be one for later but not a priority at the moment.

At the point it's Enzo Maresca Vs McKenna
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 12:19am On May 24
BlueAngel444:
Inside insider suggests the mystery manager isn't Amorim, as Chelsea are not going for him though they admire him. He may be one for later but not a priority at the moment.

At the point it's Enzo Maresca Vs McKenna
We will be here when you guys are shouting McKenna out or Enzo out. No be Chelsea again?

So finishing 6th from 12th of the previous season was not good enough with plenty new young players that the manager had to iterate before finding the right team? But all of a sudden Enzo and McKenna should be given credit?

LOL.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tesenak20: 3:14am On May 24
BlueAngel444:
The Stuttgart coach that rejected Bayern or which one? Even though Sebastian has history with Bayern he rejected them, D dude hasn't even coached outside Germany yet he is to come here and become the it.

Abi u think say EPL na bundesliga... I hear he has great tactics, and I wonder how he was was when he managed Hoffenheim. He may have been a better fit for us, if he wanted to leave that is. But he doesn't, by the way he was sacked by Hoffenheim.

Then Amorim, honestly since 2022, not actually sure how serious Chelsea are with getting him, Amorim, Amorim, okay not a one season wonder like Seb. Hoe but a great manager and my first choice.

The issue is, do we have a squad that suits his style?
Simone Inzaghi of Inter Milan, Edin Terzic of Borussia Dortmund and Gian Piero Gasperini of Atalanta are better options for Chelsea.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 3:27am On May 24
This crystal palace Eze is a traditional number 10, it’s so rare to find them this days. If we can loan Chukwuemeka and sign him I won’t mind. These are the type of players Man U should be going for but unfortunately they are most times blinded by white supremacist tendency to sign players.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 5:44am On May 24
Tesenak20:

Simone Inzaghi of Inter Milan, Edin Terzic of Borussia Dortmund and Gian Piero Gasperini of Atalanta are better options for Chelsea.
61 year or abi 65 year old gasperini.?

How is erdin terzic better? What has he won ?

Inzaghi looks manageable but he doesn't play the type of football the boards wants.

There is no top top coach available. This is the era of young coache, the era of guardiola and Co will soon phase out.

This young coaches need to make out name for themselves and they need to start from somewhere.

If you don't give them chances, how will you get the next top top coach
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dayokunu1: 6:20am On May 24
Android17:
We will be here when you guys are shouting McKenna out or Enzo out. No be Chelsea again?

So finishing 6th from 12th of the previous season was not good enough with plenty new young players that the manager had to iterate before finding the right team? But all of a sudden Enzo and McKenna should be given credit?

LOL.
Baba shift. Is it a bad thing too be ambitious?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 7:21am On May 24
Tesenak20:

Inzaghi good manager and option, has got good wins with Inter but does he fit Chelsea's profile and squad. Terzic seems a better fit in that regard, possession football, passes. Gasperini no go even qualify for interview talk less of job.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 7:27am On May 24
Android17:

LOL.
that statement is made when you no follow watch the season matches.

I haven't even mentioned Enzo Maresca at all, some prefer him to McKenna. I only gave McKenna credit because of the results he has in his short career. If you don't follow matches at least follow my posts, my preference is Amorim. Yes I would accept McKenna if given the job.

I didn't shout Pochout I left after Poch decided to play practical as season started. He changed the formation, changed starting line up. Who does that? Then obviously the team started struggling as he kept changing and experimenting while the team was failing. It's like he was using them to practice his theories.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tesenak20: 7:39am On May 24
lordfalcao:

Inzaghi looks manageable but he doesn't play the type of football the boards wants.

There is no top top coach available. This is the era of young coache, the era of guardiola and Co will soon phase out.

This young coaches need to make out name for themselves and they need to start from somewhere.

Terzić born on 30th October 1982, was reappointed manager of Borussia Dortmund on a permanent basis, signing a contract until 2025. In the 2022–23 Bundesliga, the team lost out on the league title on goal difference to FC Bayern Munich on the final day, following a shock 2–2 draw at home to Mainz 05.
On 13 May 2021, Terzić won the 2020–21 DFB-Pokal with a 4–1 victory over RB Leipzig

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 8:16am On May 24
lordfalcao:

Is this Chelsea or stoke city that we'll be giving greenhorns chances till they improve? Every single manager you are currently nitpicking started from small clubs and have won a trophy and coached in an European final except terzic who will do his own next week.
Nobody should just shout Maresca or McKenna out o if the job swallows them next season since we have turned to a kindergarten.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ijustwantto: 8:20am On May 24
So chelshit don turn to practical club for young coaches grin
lordfalcao:

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 8:27am On May 24
Android17:

LOL.
In this era when most elite coaches are in job or on sabbatical like club the sensible decision would have been to find a compromise with pochettino and let him go next season since his contract expires next year before scouting for a tested coach. For all the shout we normally do here he's still a better coach and knows how to handle pressure than 100% of these coaches linked to us. I saw a report where it was said the board are looking for a coach who would grow with the players meaning they are getting someone who would be satisfied with the constant young players being brought in and work with them whether he likes them or not. Real puppetry.
If the owners know they are okay with midtable finishes, no challenging for the league, constant exits from cups till the young manager finally gets his acts together they should just tell us and save the fans all this stress. This their the young shall grow project better work if not it might be only Boli and Egbami that would be watching games at Stamford bridge.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Vischy: 8:58am On May 24
🚨Estevao will sign for Chelsea!

Palmeiras manager Abel Ferreira on Estevão to join Chelsea: “Endrick to Real Madrid and then Estevão to Chelsea now… in one year!”.

❗️ “I hope Chelsea won’t sign any other player from us, I hope they will let us alone. Please, give us a break”.
( Fabrizio Romano)

#CFC #justcfc
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Vischy: 9:01am On May 24
Vischy:
🚨Estevao will sign for Chelsea!

Palmeiras manager Abel Ferreira on Estevão to join Chelsea: “Endrick to Real Madrid and then Estevão to Chelsea now… in one year!”.

❗️ “I hope Chelsea won’t sign any other player from us, I hope they will let us alone. Please, give us a break”.
( Fabrizio Romano)

#CFC #justcfc

Palmeiras Manager Abel Ferreira is even an impressive coach with 10 trophies for Palmeiras in 4 years.

Trophies;

Campeonato Brasileiro Série A: 2022,[53] 2023[54]
Copa do Brasil: 2020[39]
Supercopa do Brasil: 2023[55]
Copa Libertadores: 2020,[37] 2021[40]
Recopa Sudamericana: 2022[41]
Campeonato Paulista: 2022,[56] 2023[57] 2024
FIFA Club World Cup runner-up: 2021[58]
Individual

Awards:

Primeira Liga Manager of the Month: September 2018[59]
Copa Libertadores Coach of the Year: 2020,[60] 2021[61]
Best Football Coach in Brazil: 2020[62]
Best Coach in Brazil by O Globo/Extra: 2020[63]
South American Coach of the Year: 2021[64]
Best Portuguese Coach Abroad by CNID: 2022[65]
Bola de Prata Coach of the Year: 2022,[66] 2023[67]
Campeonato Brasileiro Série A Coach of the Year: 2022[68]
Campeonato Brasileiro Série A Coach of the Month: August 2023[69]
Campeonato Paulista Coach of the Year: 2024[70]

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 9:50am On May 24
lordfalcao:

Why don't we hire lampard then and give him the chance to become the next pep guardiola

Since he is also young
At least we will spend 2 season battling relegation but it will finally click

We will be here next season sha
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:54am On May 24
drisham:

Why don't we hire lampard then and give him the chance to become the next pep guardiola

Since he is also young
At least we will spend 2 season battling relegation but it will finally click

We will be here next season sha
Lampard doesn't have the technical ability to evolve a top team.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19282) (19283) (19284) (19285) (19286) (19287) (19288) ... (19443) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: PDPGuy, CaptainStephen(m), afrodoc2, Excallibur(m), fredoooooo, omotayos01(m), Tochex101(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.