Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,273 members, 7,836,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10697) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10621799 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10694) (10695) (10696) (10697) (10698) (10699) (10700) ... (19269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 10:20pm On Jan 03, 2021
This team lack character and conviction we were neither here nor there, Kante was getting dragged out of position steadily by Gundogan dribbles and Sterling's change of pace. Starting a half-fit Ziyech was a tactical blunder from Lampard against Pep who will seek to exploit any vulnerability, also Kovacic and Azpi were exposed due to the ineffective combination down the right flank Mount was the only one trying in that Midfield. Pulisic was just dribbling instead of QuickTime release. Service delivery to Werner was non-existent. Havertz showed what he's capable of doing likewise Gilmour and Hudson-Odoi.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 10:23pm On Jan 03, 2021
nateevs:

I was literally replying to you two days saying that I trade using Etoro and spambot catch me and deleted trade. Can repeat what I typed. I don't know what the trigger was.
And I’ve been bombarded with the Etoro ad everywhere.. Interesting
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 10:41pm On Jan 03, 2021
Ibeme:
Lampard deserves my patience after 17 games unbeaten and over 10 stellar years of service, and I will give him it. We knew it was going to be a rocky period after the Everton and Wolves defeats looking at the fixtures. I have never thought this squad was balanced, especially in the Striker and DM positions, no depth at fullback and what we are seeing is a conflagration of all those personnel issues, injuries, and yes, some tactical naivety from Lampard. And yet, every Chelsea fan has a different version of their starting 11 and claim Lampard doesn't know what he's doing when their favourites aren't picked. Someone said he's a fool for not starting Giroud or Tammy, another said he should be playing Werner and is not getting the best out of him. One criticised for playing Mount, another said Havertz is rubbish. Another said Kovacic is a fraud and Barkley should be playing, ignoring the fact that was whom Havertz was brought to replace. Another said Ziyech is too soft and can't track back, and CHO should have started, meanwhile half the fans hate CHO. The only section of the team we all agree is the goalkeeper and defence.

All this means is we are struggling for players that solve our problems regardless of blowing £130m on the German Daniel James and new Ozil.

Lol.

The problem with the team is pretty clear. Every other thing ure saying is pandering to your soft spot for Lampard.

How can anyone not see that the midfield is the problem. I said it at the start of the game and will keep saying it.

Play 4411, 4231, 343 or even 3511 and the problem of creativity is reduced, of course he's never gonna do that cos Mount wouldn't start in any of those formation. Everyone stands still when Pulisic is moving with the ball, No motion or runners.

Everytime Werner has to come to the middle to get the ball instead of making runs down the forward lines. Even when he does, No one is picking them

Kovacic would never thrive as an 8 neither would Kante (or even as a lone 4) ditto Kai, Why the hell does he stick with it. Did u not see City today. Not only is Lampard clueless, he's also stubborn as well.

The success of the team comes first and not accommodating other players for bloody Mason Mount.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibeme: 10:49pm On Jan 03, 2021
User09:

Lol.

The problem with the team is pretty clear. Every other thing ure saying is pandering to your soft spot for Lampard.

How can anyone not see that the midfield is the problem. I said it at the start of the game and will keep saying it.

Play 4411, 4231, 343 or even 3511 and the problem of creativity is reduced, of course he's never gonna do that cos Mount wouldn't start in any of those formation. Everyone stands still when Pulisic is moving with the ball, No motion or runners.

Everytime Werner has to come to the middle to get the ball instead of making runs down the forward lines

Kovacic would never thrive as an 8 neither would Kante ditto Kai. Did u not see City today. Not only is Lampard clueless, he's also stubborn as well.

Always accommodating other players for bloody Mason Mount.

Mount is the only player performing in that midfield my friend unless you missed it. All the above is rubbish. Mount can even play in a pivot for Kai so it's nothing to do with favouritism.

Your lazy German AM aka I scored 12 goals and 6 assists at Leverkusen while doing no midfield work so let me stroll and do the same at Chelsea. If you want to play AM without doing work, you better come up with 30 G+A regularly. Any fool can do 18 G+A in AM if they don't have any responsibility. Nigga literally played as striker with those shyte numbers that he thinks entitle him to stroll around. Go take a cue from Bruno Fernandes to know what we are competing with.

15 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:51pm On Jan 03, 2021
User09:

Lol.

Everytime Werner has to come to the middle to get the ball instead of making runs down the forward lines

Kovacic would never thrive as an 8 neither would Kante (or even as a lone 4) ditto Kai. Did u not see City today. Not only is Lampard clueless, he's also stubborn as well.

Oya tell us what would be your midfield set up and your personnel in it. Factor in number of matches, consideration for injuries and suspensions.

Tell us, what would you do. Don't forget all the factors.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 10:54pm On Jan 03, 2021
User09:

Lol.

Kovacic would never thrive as an 8 neither would Kante (or even as a lone 4) ditto Kai. Did u not see City today. Not only is Lampard clueless, he's also stubborn as well.

It seem you have a blurred vision to read and comprehend simple analysis as the one you quoted? The poster claimed Mason was the only one in our weak midfield trying to create & commit opposing players to errors to win balls from them.
Your deep seated hate for this boy would choke you. Leave him alone .
Let that £75m german burger give us a hint of the hype but till then, Mason Mount is an integral part of this squad and a very important one at that.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 11:02pm On Jan 03, 2021
Ibeme:

Mount is the only player performing in that midfield my friend unless you missed it. All the above is rubbish. Mount can even play in a pivot for Kai so it's nothing to do with favouritism.

Your lazy German AM aka I scored 12 goals and 6 assists at Leverkusen while doing no midfield work so let me stroll and do the same at Chelsea. If you want to play AM without doing work, you better come up with 30 G+A regularly. Any fool can do 18 G+A in AM if they don't have any responsibility. Nigga literally played as striker with those shyte numbers that he thinks entitle him to stroll around. Go take a cue from Bruno Fernandes to know what we are competing with.

This totori my belle grin
I know say na iamJ get that moniker.
Him just dey disguise grin... If another coach come to stamford bridge, e go shock them say Mason Mount go retain him shirt but that german Adolph Hitler go go MkDons for loan.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 11:08pm On Jan 03, 2021
[quote author=Ibeme post=97693192]Lampard deserves my patience after 17 games unbeaten and over 10 stellar years of service, and I will give him it. We knew it was going to be a rocky period after the Everton and Wolves defeats looking at the fixtures. I have never thought this squad was balanced, especially in the Striker and DM positions, no depth at fullback and what we are seeing is a conflagration of all those personnel issues, injuries, and yes, some tactical naivety from Lampard. And yet, every Chelsea fan has a different version of their starting 11 and claim Lampard doesn't know what he's doing when their favourites aren't picked. Someone said he's a fool for not starting Giroud or Tammy, another said he should be playing Werner and is not getting the best out of him. One criticised for playing Mount, another said Havertz is rubbish. Another said Kovacic is a fraud and Barkley should be playing, ignoring the fact that was whom Havertz was brought to replace. Another said Ziyech is too soft and can't track back, and CHO should have started, meanwhile half the fans hate CHO. The only section of the team we all agree is the goalkeeper and defence.

All this means is we are struggling for players that solve our problems regardless of blowing £130m on the German Daniel James and newOzil /quote]

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 11:13pm On Jan 03, 2021
Ibeme:

I have said it multiple times and across most of my post that the dynamics of the midfield is not being fully utilized with insisting on Mount in it. U guys still dont get it, It's not about what he does, It's about fully utilising our other players in their best positions without sticking to this double 8 stuff. This is the same reason why Dele Alli no longer starts for Spurs, He doesnt make the players around him better

Call Havertz whatever you like. He's clearly beaten Mount on the assist and goal metrics this season while playing significantly less and out of position if I may add.

U would prefer the goals and assist right; or would you rather stick to your flatter to deceive presser guy

This isnt even about Havertz, Can u not see how Kante, Kovacic and Jorginho are all rubbish in the middle as Lampard insists on playing them in a not so compatible formation. The pieces are not fitting right and it all stops on Lampard desk

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Excallibur(m): 11:16pm On Jan 03, 2021
no worry, na on top Leicester Chelsea go pick form

I mean jamb form

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 11:21pm On Jan 03, 2021
nateevs:

Oya tell us what would be your midfield set up and your personnel in it. Factor in number of matches, consideration for injuries and suspensions.

Tell us, what would you do. Don't forget all the factors.

I have been consistent across all my post with what should be our best formation

4-2-1-3, Kova/Mount and Kante. He doesnt even need to start kai as the advanced, Ziyech would do and playing CHO right there in his natural position

We cannot keep sacrificing creativity for pressing
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 11:26pm On Jan 03, 2021
User09:

I have been consistent across all my post with what should be our best formation

4-2-1-3, Kova/Mount and Kante. He doesnt even need to start kai as the advanced, Ziyech would do and playing CHO right there in his natural position

What formation is 4213?

You mean we should play 3 strikers?

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 11:36pm On Jan 03, 2021
nihilistjnr:

What formation is 4213?

Quit joking around. I put the hyphen there for a reason
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 11:41pm On Jan 03, 2021
Roland17:

You mean low budget Finidi George?

See as you de insult finidi George.
Finidi is far far far better than Ziyech in all ramifications, he won UCL and multiple Eredivisie as a first team, that was when dutch leagye was among the best leagues in Europe. He won Afcon and played in 2 World cup. Who is ziyech? Low budget Tijani Babangida

14 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 11:41pm On Jan 03, 2021
SyIvalord:
Don’t disrespect Finidi George please. You can’t just compare any Tom, Dick and Ziyech to him. grin

As in eeh imagine. Ziyech and Finidi in same sentence what an insult

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 11:42pm On Jan 03, 2021
[2020/21] - City w/ John Stones - 12 matches, 11 wins, 1 draw, 9 clean sheets, 3 goals conceded. W/out John Stones - 12 matches, 5 wins, 5 draws, 2 losses, 4 clean sheets, 13 goals conceded

One special kind of clown here owns another big fat L from John Stones on top the trashing his club chopped today.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by adebayo201: 11:42pm On Jan 03, 2021
nihilistjnr:

What formation is 4213?

Wore 3
Beaten 3
On Jan 3
With 3strikers

cheesy

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by KingAlabi: 11:55pm On Jan 03, 2021
segedinho my mahn, I just say may I greet you, whatsup?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by KingAlabi: 11:56pm On Jan 03, 2021
nihilistjnr:

What formation is 4213?

grin grin grin
please boss I dey look for blueangel444

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by KingAlabi: 11:59pm On Jan 03, 2021
Leipzig and Leverkusen singing
load am, cashout!!!!!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 12:04am On Jan 04, 2021
User09:

Quit joking around. I put the hyphen there for a reason

What's the joke?

What formation is 4-2-1-3? Did you mean 4231? Or do you actually want us to play 3 strikers?

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 12:14am On Jan 04, 2021
nihilistjnr:

What's the joke?

What formation is 4-2-1-3? Did you mean 4231? Or do you actually want us to play 3 strikers?

Ok.

Yes I mean 4231. I put the hyphen in the 2 and 1 to emphasize my point about the midfield
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:17am On Jan 04, 2021
HewlettPackard:

What you fail to realize is that Kloop was a great manager before coming to England with established football ideology, a league winner, a UCL finalist.

What was Lampard before coming to Chelsea? 2yrs at Chelsea what is he?

the recent losses are not my argument points, but Lampard tactics and approach. It is evident he doesn't have it W/D/L.

What was Klopp before joining Dortmund?

Klopp finished 6th in his first season with Dortmund and the following season he finished 5th. Next 2 seasons he won the league.

This same Lampard beat City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs last season but he must be sacked now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:27am On Jan 04, 2021
popizaino:

I just reason Rafa benitez now.

You want thunder to fire you abi?

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:34am On Jan 04, 2021
User09:

No one is sacrificing creativity for pressing. We are just unfortunate to have shelled 10s of millions on a player who we are being told is creative but we are damn sure is lazy. And until we see that he is able to put in a decent shift to help the team (which I am hoping he will achieve as he is just 21), we are not going to bench those who bring sheer grit and desire with half as much creativity.

Havertz at this moment, cannot match the creativity of De Bruyne's and Bruno, but damn those fellas put in infinitely more work than what we see from Kai. Sitting Kai on the bench is not sacrificing creativity, it is common sense. We are not going to condone strolling and primadonna attitude from a player at 21. He should hit the gym and move in with Kante, to get some hybrid touch to his game, if he is going to fulfill half of the promise he has.

Ziyech has barely had a run in this team for more than 5 games in a row. So no one can or should be blamed for not inventing with Ziyech's abilities. Let's have him in a decent run, then we can experiment.

Lampard did not even start this season with a 4-3-3. He experimented with 2 strikers upfront. He played RLC in a forward position behind Tammy, hoping to change something. He fell back to 4-3-3 when we had a run of inconsistent results, so we can have some consistency. So those saying he doesn't try other things are completely wrong.

I have seen top managers with that moronic, helpless look on the sidelines, unable to influence losing streaks and everything just seemed to be going wrong no matter what 11 they chose.

Lampard just needs a run of good fortune. A few easy games to put some wins under his belt, and players keeping fit. We get that confidence back and then see what happens. A team does not go on a run of 17 games unbeaten by mistake. The quality is there and the system to bring our the best in the quality is also there. So I don't see the need for all this foaming over what is clearly a squad depth problem.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:37am On Jan 04, 2021
airmark:

What was Klopp before joining Dortmund?

Klopp finished 6th in his first season with Dortmund and the following season he finished 5th. Next 2 seasons he won the league.

This same Lampard beat City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs last season but he must be sacked now.

Don't mind them. Established my backside. Dem born am established.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 12:58am On Jan 04, 2021
nateevs:

No one is sacrificing creativity for pressing. We are just unfortunate to have shelled 10s of millions on a player who we are being told is creative but we are damn sure is lazy. And until we see that he is able to put in a decent shift to help the team (which I am hoping he will achieve as he is just 21), we are not going to bench those who bring sheer grit and desire with half as much creativity.

Havertz at this moment, cannot match the creativity of De Bruyne's and Bruno, but damn those fellas put in infinitely more work than what we see from Kai. Sitting Kai on the bench is not sacrificing creativity, it is common sense. We are not going to condone strolling and primadonna attitude from a player at 21. He should hit the gym and move in with Kante, to get some hybrid touch to his game, if he is going to fulfill half of the promise he has.

Ziyech has barely had a run in this team for more than 5 games in a row. So no one can or should be blamed for not inventing with Ziyech's abilities. Let's have him in a decent run, then we can experiment.

Lampard did not even start this season with a 4-3-3. He experimented with 2 strikers upfront. He played RLC in a forward position behind Tammy, hoping to change something. He fell back to 4-3-3 when we had a run of inconsistent results, so we can have some consistency. So those saying he doesn't try other things are completely wrong.

I have seen top managers with that moronic, helpless look on the sidelines, unable to influence losing streaks and everything just seemed to be going wrong no matter what 11 they chose.

Lampard just needs a run of good fortune. A few easy games to put some wins under his belt, and players keeping fit. We get that confidence back and then see what happens. A team does not go on a run of 17 games unbeaten by mistake. The quality is there and the system to bring our the best in the quality is also there. So I don't see the need for all this foaming over what is clearly a squad depth problem.

Again u make this about Havertz

What about Kante, Kova, Jorgi?.

Let me reiterate this if I wasnt clear enough; Every midfielder is playing out of position except Mount. If he really wanted nothing but his double 8, clearly Barkley and RLC should not have gone on loan

Every other thing you wrote there about havertz can easily be discredited but I wouldnt so we do not change the discourse
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 1:06am On Jan 04, 2021
Old timers defending their icon Lampfraud. Young Turks attacking him with all they have got.

Either way it will surely end in tears. cheesy

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by everton4life(m): 1:10am On Jan 04, 2021
wink wink just a reminder.

12 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:25am On Jan 04, 2021
CapitalCee:

See as you de insult finidi George.
Finidi is far far far better than Ziyech in all ramifications, he won UCL and multiple Eredivisie as a first team, that was when dutch leagye was among the best leagues in Europe. He won Afcon and played in 2 World cup. Who is ziyech? Low budget Tijani Babangida

Don't insult Tijani Babangida

Arab Manga Mohammed

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TalabiAudu: 2:04am On Jan 04, 2021
Ramuzaki raumdeuter and family.

I sight you grin grin cheesy

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TrebleChamp(m): 2:23am On Jan 04, 2021
Smellymouth:

Well done sir grin...

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10694) (10695) (10696) (10697) (10698) (10699) (10700) ... (19269) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: afrodoc2, bestmutiu2019(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.