Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11006) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10459768 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11003) (11004) (11005) (11006) (11007) (11008) (11009) ... (19127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Branzy(m): 5:33pm On Feb 24, 2021
Sulele04:

Father is a British-Nigerian.
Mother is a german.

Honestly, I am very disappointed in Nff, they didn't even make an attempt to woo him.
It is same thing with Saka, see that crystal palace Eze that boy is a low-key baller, if Nff were serious they should have called him up.
Shoretire of man u, Tella of Southampton, Adarabioyo of Fulham are others we should be calling up.

"Catch them young" must be an unexistent phrase to them
Nff needs an overhaul ffs angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry.

England keep capping young guys which I doubt they can use all
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Branzy(m): 5:35pm On Feb 24, 2021
SyIvalord:
Very true. When I saw Werner ruin that chance with his silly first touch after Mount had played him in, the first thing that came to my mind was that a player like Rashford or Mbappe would have controlled the ball in such a way that they would be facing the goal immediately. He could have been one on one with the keeper if he had a good first touch.

All this Timo were never under the spotlight no one really saw their flaws. Now we have bought them all. Honestly they are too expensive to be playing like this

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 5:47pm On Feb 24, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Well, for me I believe that aside from a CB being very good at reading the ball, very good in the air, being a good leader at the backline , making timely interceptions etc....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 5:49pm On Feb 24, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Well, for me I believe that aside from a CB being very good at reading the ball, very good in the air, being a good leader at the backline , making timely interceptions etc....

Well,Thiago isn't lacking in any of these departments. ..and that's exactly makes him great.
BlueRayDick:

such player must enjoy successful years with his team(either at the national level or club level by winning a major title ) and such success must be directly attributable to his footballing prowess. It is only then I consider such player as ''great"[/quote]

Let me quickly flaw this assessment of yours.Fisrt and foremost, limit our scope of discussion to the premier league alone ....so are you telling me you won't consider Stephen Gerrard as an epl midfield great cus he didn't win the app and such that you will rate gilberto silva above him and just tag him a decent player ?
BlueRayDick:

I will gladly agree he is a good player for PSG particularly in the era in which they've dominated their domestic league with the arrival of their Qatari owners in 2011, but he isn't great defender you call him to be. That guy was always in the defense line when they get dumped out of Champions league year-in year-out. [/quote]

Theiry Henry was just a decent player for arsenal too considering the same reason.

BlueRayDick:

Like I said earlier, when great defenders of this era will be mentioned, Thiago's named will likely be missing. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 5:53pm On Feb 24, 2021
airmark:

Yes now.

He claimed that Silva never won a major trophy for club and country, i mentioned Copa America he started doing several 'leg overs' like Quaresma. grin

Meanwhile,

Ferdinand : Back in 2014, when asked on Twitter who the best centre-back in the world was, the Manchester United legend said: “Thiago Silva by a long way.”

Gattuso : “I see Thiago’s strength every day in training. It is not a blasphemy to compare Thiago Silva to Franco Baresi.”

Inzaghi: “I think that Thiago Silva is the best defender in the world. It is incredible how good he really is. Thiago Silva is part of a new generation of phenomenal players who are perhaps born every 100 years.”

Ronaldo: “Thiago Silva is without a doubt the best central defender in the world. He has incredible qualities. He is a symbol of elegance like Franz Beckenbauer. He is following in his footsteps.”

Ancelotti: “When Thiago gets onto the pitch, he controls the defence with his great personality and character. He is the boss of the defence,” Ancelotti wrote in his 2015 book My Coaching Secrets.

“Thiago is a leader, technically capable of doing extraordinary things in the two phases of the game. With him, things at the back are simple and efficient.

“His speed, his great ability to recover the ball, the way he reads the game, all combined with an extraordinary leap in aerial duels makes him one of the best defenders in the world.”

Laurent Blanc: “I confirm everything that is said or written about Thiago Silva, everything people think of him: he is at the top level in the world!”

Capello: “If I needed a defender I’d sign Thiago Silva. In the next two years, he could easily play in Italy with a cigarette in his mouth.”

But here on nairaland, he is not great because he hasn't won a UCL or World cup. undecided

One doesn't need to see all this to even know Thiago Silva is world class,anybody with functioning eye will easily know he is.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 5:55pm On Feb 24, 2021
raumdeuter:

You mean the Thiago Silva that acheved nothing major for club and country

Go to Manchester United thread and tell them Eric cantona is not great for the same reason ig you are not being bias.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 5:56pm On Feb 24, 2021
raumdeuter:

If Boateng is not a top 5 of the past 20yrs then Thiago Silva wont even be top 30 of the past 20yrs

Not surprised, you don't know ball.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 6:05pm On Feb 24, 2021
CSTRR:
Bayern Munich is a great team, but damn, they lack grace, class and humility.

Arrogant from top to bottom.
Even their management is unbelievably arrogant.

A very difficult team to like.

Untop say them beat Lazio?

Abeg Make them meet liverpool with van djirk at the back or better still PSG under this pochettino before we begin call them wetin them no be.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 6:15pm On Feb 24, 2021
TrebleChamp:
Chelsea will win the UCL this season.....

Amen

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kalapizim(m): 7:10pm On Feb 24, 2021
Sulele04:

Father is a British-Nigerian.
Mother is a german.

Honestly, I am very disappointed in Nff, they didn't even make an attempt to woo him.
It is same thing with Saka, see that crystal palace Eze that boy is a low-key baller, if Nff were serious they should have called him up.
Shoretire of man u, Tella of Southampton, Adarabioyo of Fulham are others we should be calling up.

"Catch them young" must be an unexistent phrase to them
Nff needs an overhaul ffs angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry.
Nice, true we should be scouting but Naija get many options sef oo.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by KingAlabi: 7:21pm On Feb 24, 2021
Havertz10:
brainless cheesy you are not a very bright under 5ft man
You see

Brainless
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:21pm On Feb 24, 2021
Lana1:
Na you dey follow success beef.

We used to hype our PL jeje but you'll jump in with LaLiga. Same way u don dey mention Bundesliga.
Just like all those ur coefficient yarns.

In the last 10yrs La Liga 6 CL titles, EPL 2 CL titles
Which one is success
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:23pm On Feb 24, 2021
popizaino:

Untop say them beat Lazio?

Abeg Make them meet liverpool with van djirk at the back or better still PSG under this pochettino before we begin call them wetin them no be.

Why not Chelsea? ABi dem no dey allow una use 11 players for field?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by KingAlabi: 7:24pm On Feb 24, 2021
Jodera:
Yet none can enter our squad too.

Isn't that expensive garbage? grin grin
Na why I mention you

I know say you go make me proud cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:24pm On Feb 24, 2021
popizaino:

Go to Manchester United thread and tell them Eric cantona is not great for the same reason ig you are not being bias.

Cantona is a Man Utd great not a European great.
Same way Mark Noble is a west Ham great

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:24pm On Feb 24, 2021
popizaino:

Not surprised, you don't know ball.

Tell us how a useless Thiago Silva will make top 30 defender in the past 20yrs. Make he just dey fit so he can play vs Atletico in the return leg so that Simeones bys can have a chance
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:27pm On Feb 24, 2021
timbros:
'When you play so well and you lose you realise there are things that are not in your hands, you hit the post twice, that ball, the new ball, I hate that new ball, white and dark blue now, the ball didn’t want to go inside. I cannot control, probably the yellow ball would go inside.'

- Jose Mourinho after losing to West Ham

cheesy cheesy

This guy don dey blame ball.

Yet some of his biggest success which he brags about daily came on the back of being extremely lucky
Like the Paul Scholes offside call in 2004 vs Porto Milito offside goal vs Barca in 2010

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 7:34pm On Feb 24, 2021
raumdeuter:

Why not Chelsea? ABi dem no dey allow una use 11 players for field?

I'm not bias like you and that is why I didn't mention my team.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 7:45pm On Feb 24, 2021
raumdeuter:

Tell us how a useless Thiago Silva will make top 30 defender in the past 20yrs. Make he just dey fit so he can play vs Atletico in the return leg so that Simeones bys can have a chance

You can't make fifa 11 on three different occasions and not be great. The only time your world cup winning boateng will be above Thiago Silva is when they are listing names of centre back alphabetically.

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 7:51pm On Feb 24, 2021
raumdeuter:

Cantona is a Man Utd great not a European great.
Same way Mark Noble is a west Ham great

Nobody asked you that One. ......is cantona a great player or not ?

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 7:59pm On Feb 24, 2021
When Giroud shows his grandkids a compilation of his best goals they're going to think he was better than Pele. Matt Spiro

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 8:09pm On Feb 24, 2021
timbros:
'When you play so well and you lose you realise there are things that are not in your hands, you hit the post twice, that ball, the new ball, I hate that new ball, white and dark blue now, the ball didn’t want to go inside. I cannot control, probably the yellow ball would go inside.'

- Jose Mourinho after losing to West Ham

cheesy cheesy

This guy don dey blame ball.

Hope it's now clear to those who were blaming fabregas and hazard for our woes in 2015/2016 that mourinho was actually the problem and not the two innocent players .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 9:09pm On Feb 24, 2021
popizaino:

You can't make fifa 11 on three different occasions and not be great. The only time your world cup winning boateng will be above Thiago Silva is when they are listing names of centre back alphabetically.

Ahn ahn, sofree naa shocked

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 9:20pm On Feb 24, 2021
swiz123:

Mount has all the attributes to become an average player. All great players are talented, not just hard-working.

Keep drinking from your water of self comfort.
Who told you he is not talented?
Who told you he won't get better than he is right now?
The generational fraud you lay claim to all the time can't even convince his countryman to give him a starting berth.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 9:42pm On Feb 24, 2021
KingAlabi:

Na why I mention you

I know say you go make me proud cheesy
. cool cool cool

grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:42pm On Feb 24, 2021
popizaino:

I'm not bias like you and that is why I didn't mention my team.

Bring your team to come play us na abi una no complete ni?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:43pm On Feb 24, 2021
popizaino:

FIFA 11, is ballot box and polling booth

What has Thiago Silva won on the field

when naming defenders who have won CL, World cup we will see Thiago Silva carrying ballot paper up and down
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:44pm On Feb 24, 2021
popizaino:

Nobody asked you that One. ......is cantona a great player or not ?

Great to who or what? WHen una don dey call Thiago Silva great every Benteke, Yarmolenko will also be great
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 9:49pm On Feb 24, 2021
raumdeuter:

Bring your team to come play us na abi una no complete ni?

Are you scared that PSG under pochettino will expose your overrated team that covid dashed UCL?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:05pm On Feb 24, 2021
raumdeuter:

FIFA 11, is ballot box and polling booth

What has Thiago Silva won on the field

when naming defenders who have won CL, World cup we will see Thiago Silva carrying ballot paper up and down

Story........he didn't appear in fifa 11 3x for acting movie or dancing, he did while playing on the field .

Now tell us why boateng is not a privileged otamendi.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:13pm On Feb 24, 2021
raumdeuter:

Great to who or what? WHen una don dey call Thiago Silva great every Benteke, Yarmolenko will also be great

When winning the UCL and World cup become your yardstick for determining who a great player is....trust me you should be able to accept Anderson of man United is better than micheal ballack.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:17pm On Feb 24, 2021
raumdeuter:

If Boateng is not a top 5 of the past 20yrs then Thiago Silva wont even be top 30 of the past 20yrs

How did i miss this?

Boathand, top 5 in the last 20yrs? grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (11003) (11004) (11005) (11006) (11007) (11008) (11009) ... (19127) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Vischy and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.